Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 41 - 60 |
Netflix Takes Down
Comedy Show After
Jan 2, 2019 6:47 AM CST
Netflix Takes Down Comedy Show After Saudis Complain
Hasan Minhaj slammed crown prince
- Netflix is being accused of bowing to the demands of "thin-skinned Saudi royals" after making an episode of an American comedian's show unavailable in the kingdom. In the episode of Hasan Minhaj's
, the Muslim comedian strongly criticizes crown prince Mohammed bin Salman over the murder...
Dec 31, 2018 11:25 AM CST
Video May Answer Question on Khashoggi's Remains
Turkish TV shows Saudis carrying 5 bags, reportedly with his dismembered body
- We still don't know where the remains of Jamal Khashoggi are, but newly surfaced video might explain how his Saudi killers moved his body. The video , which aired on Turkish television, shows men carrying five suitcases into the residence of the Saudi general consul in Istanbul on the day...
Saudi Faced US Trial in Teen's
Death. Then an SUV Showed Up
Dec 24, 2018 8:29 AM CST
Saudi Faced US Trial in Teen's Death. Then an SUV Showed Up
Feds think Saudi Arabia got Abdulrahman Sameer Noorah out of country: 'Oregonian'
- It's another controversial case involving Saudi Arabia and the US. This time, as the
reports, federal authorities think the kingdom helped a 21-year-old man awaiting trial in a fatal hit-and-run flee the United States and return home. In August 2016, police in Portland say Abdulrahman Sameer Noorah illegally...
Saudis Slam 'Blatant
Interference' From Senate
Dec 17, 2018 4:44 AM CST
Saudis Slam 'Blatant Interference' From Senate
Ministry says senators acted on 'baseless allegations'
- Saudi Arabia is not happy about historic votes in the US Senate to end American support for its war in Yemen and to denounce Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the killing of US-based journalist Jamal Khashoggi. In a statement, the Saudi foreign ministry slammed the Senate for "blatant...
In Historic First, Senate
Invokes War Powers Act
Dec 13, 2018 3:45 PM CST
In Historic First, Senate Invokes War Powers Act
Calls for US to end support for Saudi Arabia in Yemen war; 2nd vote condemns prince
- The Senate on Thursday sent what the
described as a historic rebuke to the White House over Saudi Arabia. Actually, it delivered two rebukes. First, senators voted 56-41 to invoke the War Powers Act and demand that the US end its military support of the Saudi-led coalition in...
Here Is the
of the Year
Dec 10, 2018 12:14 PM CST
Here Is the Shortlist for Person of the Year
At least in the eyes of Time magazine
will choose its Person of the Year on Tuesday, and a short list out Monday has the usual suspects, along with a few surprises. The person (or group) will be announced during the
program. Here are the 10 finalists:
Christine Blasey Ford
Report Reveals Jamal
Khashoggi's Last Words
Dec 10, 2018 7:14 AM CST
Report Reveals Jamal Khashoggi's Last Words
He said 'I can't breathe' before sounds of a saw were heard, source says
- Jamal Khashoggi's last words were the same as those uttered by New York City man Eric Garner after police put him in a fatal chokehold, according to CNN , which cites a source who has seen a translated transcript of the journalist's last moments in Saudi Arabia's Istanbul...
Senator on Saudi Prince:
There Was a 'Smoking Saw'
Dec 4, 2018 1:54 PM CST
Senator on Saudi Prince: There Was a 'Smoking Saw'
After briefing with CIA director Gina Haspel, senators are convinced
- Senators came out of a closed-door briefing with CIA Director Gina Haspel on Tuesday with some pretty unequivocal opinions about Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's involvement in Jamal Khashoggi's October death. What you need to know:
Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Corker put it like so: "
Khashoggi Learned Saudis
Read His Texts: 'God Help Us'
Dec 3, 2018 6:43 AM CST
Khashoggi Learned Saudis Read His Texts: 'God Help Us'
He called crown prince a 'beast pac man'
- When texting with a friend, Jamal Khashoggi didn't hold back in his assessment of Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman. He called the prince a "beast 'pac man,'" because "the more victims he eats, the more he wants." The friend, a fellow dissident...
Sent by Prince
Dec 2, 2018 7:00 AM CST
11 Messages Sent by Prince Have Suspicious Timing
CIA says bin Salman was communicating with operatives' leader before, after Khashoggi killing
- The CIA is pretty sure that Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Now the
Wall Street Journal
has details on why the CIA thinks that way, and a big one involves 11 messages sent by the prince himself in the hours before and...
Senators Defy Trump
on Saudi Arabia
Nov 29, 2018 3:00 AM CST
Senators Defy Trump on Saudi Arabia
Vote on Yemen was rebuke to president, Saudis
- Defying President Trump, senators sent a strong signal that they want to punish Saudi Arabia for its role in the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. By a bipartisan 63-37 vote, the Senate opted to move forward with legislation calling for an end to US involvement in the Saudi-led war in...
Trump: 'My Gut Tells
Me More' Than
Nov 28, 2018 6:55 AM CST
Trump: 'My Gut Tells Me More' Than Others' Brains
President also talks Putin, the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, climate change in wide-ranging chat
- President Trump took the
on a wild ride through his thoughts on climate change, Russia, the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, and more in a 20-minute interview Tuesday. One main topic was the Federal Reserve, which he strongly criticized for raising interest rates. "I'm doing deals, and...
Trump on Khashoggi's Death:
Maybe Blame the World
Nov 22, 2018 1:30 PM CST
Trump on Khashoggi's Death: Maybe Blame the World
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman 'hates it more than I do,' he says
- In a session with reporters at his Mar-a-Lago resort on Thanksgiving, President Trump was pressed about Jamal Khashoggi's death and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's role in it, and the president didn't budge. The
reports he held his position of refusing to blame MBS....
Trump Stands by Saudis,
Then He Thanks Them
Nov 21, 2018 9:44 AM CST
Trump Stands by Saudis, Then He Thanks Them
For our low oil prices
- President Trump on Tuesday expressed that, despite Jamal Khashoggi's murder, the US stands by Saudi Arabia. It's a sentiment that's not going over entirely well, both within his own party and without. And it's one that got amplified Wednesday, by way of a tweet in which...
Trump: Prince May Be Guilty,
but US Stands by Saudis
Nov 20, 2018 12:37 PM CST
Trump: Prince May Be Guilty, but US Stands by Saudis
'We may never know' what happened to journalist Khashoggi, he says
- President Trump made clear in a statement Tuesday that he has no intention of cutting ties with Saudi Arabia over the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. “Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic...
Report: CIA Concludes
Crown Prince Ordered
Nov 17, 2018 6:00 AM CST
Report: CIA Concludes Crown Prince Ordered Khashoggi's Death
Sources say the agency has 'high confidence' that Mohammed bin Salman was involved
- It's not exactly a surprising conclusion, but it lends credence to the whispers—the CIA believes with "high confidence" that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was the one who put the hit out on Jamal Khashoggi , sources tell the
New York Times
Saudi Arabia Wants
to Put 5 to Death
Nov 15, 2018 5:32 AM CST
Khashoggi Case: Saudi Arabia Wants to Put 5 to Death
Country's top prosecutor says plan was put in motion 3 days before journalist's murder
- Saudi Arabia's top prosecutor on Thursday said the country will seek the death penalty for five suspects accused of masterminding and facilitating journalist Jamal Khashoggi's murder. In what Reuters describes as a "rare press conference," Saudi Al-Mojeb said the murder plot, which involved killing Khashoggi via...
Chilling Words on Saudi
Recording: 'Tell Your Boss'
Nov 13, 2018 6:51 AM CST
Chilling Words on Saudi Recording: 'Tell Your Boss'
Turkish officials think it implicates Saudi prince, though he is not named
- "Tell your boss." Do those words implicate Saudi prince Mohammed bin Salman in the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi ? Turkish intelligence officers think so, but the proof is not irrefutable because "the boss" is never named. As the
New York Times
reports, a member of the...
Has Heard Tape of
Nov 12, 2018 10:35 AM CST
Trudeau: Canada Has Heard Tape of Khashoggi Murder
Prime minister is first Western leader to acknowledge his country heard tapes of killing
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Monday became the first Western leader to acknowledge his country had heard recordings of the killing of Saudi writer Jamal Khashoggi. "Canada has been fully briefed up on what Turkey had to share," Trudeau said from Paris, where he was attending the...
Erdogan: I Gave
Audio of Khashoggi
Killing to US, 4
Nov 10, 2018 8:00 AM CST
Erdogan: I Gave Audio of Khashoggi Killing to US, 4 Other Countries
'They have listened to all the conversations in them,' says Turkish president
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says officials from Saudi Arabia, the United States, Germany, France, and Britain have listened to audio recordings related to the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul, the AP reports. Erdogan's comments on Saturday were the first public confirmation of...
Stories 41 - 60 |
Popular on Newser
Comedian Has Survived in NYC Nearly a Month on Just $100
'At Long Last We Have Gained Some Traction on This Most ... Feared Disease'
Country Singer, 37, Dies in His Sleep on Wedding Night
AMC Networks Is Having a Rough Day
Oath Keepers Founder Guilty of Seditious Conspiracy
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.