Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Report: Next 007
Is a Black Woman
Jul 15, 2019 3:29 AM CDT
Report: Next 007 Is a Black Woman
Insiders say Lashana Lynch will play agent who inherits Bond's code name
- With the James Bond movie franchise approaching the age of 60, there have long been rumors that producers will try to refresh the formula with a black Bond or a female Bond. It now appears that the next 007 will be both, TMZ reports. According to the
Director Danny Boyle
Aug 21, 2018 2:10 PM CDT
Flick Loses Director Danny Boyle
'Creative differences' cited
- Danny Boyle's tenure as a Bond director ended up being short-lived. The 007 Twitter account on Tuesday announced that "Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli, and Daniel Craig today announced that due to creative differences, Danny Boyle has decided to no longer direct Bond 25." Wilson and Broccoli...
Idris Elba Drops a Giant Hint
Aug 12, 2018 7:53 AM CDT
Idris Elba Drops a Giant Hint
Cryptic tweet would seem to indicate he's going to be the next James Bond
- With Daniel Craig set to star in his final turn as James Bond next October, Idris Elba dropped a hint that has 007 fans very definitely aflutter over Craig's potential successor: "My name's Elba, Idris Elba," he tweeted Sunday. Elba's name has been linked to...
Actress Who Helped Connery
Say Iconic Line Dead at 90
Jun 9, 2018 2:00 PM CDT
Actress Who Helped Connery Say Iconic Line Dead at 90
Eunice Gayson had a sparkling 50-year career
- The world's first "Bond girl" has passed away at the age of 90,
reports. Eunice Gayson, who played Sylvia Trench in
From Russia With Love
, died Friday, according to her official Twitter feed and Bond film producers . She was "an amazing lady who...
The Star of the
Next Bond Film
Aug 16, 2017 6:53 AM CDT
The Star of the Next Bond Film Is Familiar
Daniel Craig will return one final time
- Daniel Craig has apparently had a change of heart. After once saying he'd rather die than reprise his role as 007, the actor told Stephen Colbert on Tuesday he will play James Bond on screen one final time. In fact, "I can't wait," Craig announced on...
It's Not Just Guns
James Bond Movies
Jan 18, 2017 11:47 AM CST
It's Not Just Guns Smoking Throughout James Bond Movies
Lung cancer might beat a bullet in taking out 007, say researchers
- James Bond may have given up smoking, but his health—and high fitness level needed to evade nemeses—is at risk thanks to secondhand smoke. Concerned about 007's overall health, a team led by medical doctor Nick Wilson at the University of Otago reviewed all 24 Bond films (apparently...
Fails to Break
Nov 15, 2015 1:00 PM CST
Jolie Pitt's Movie Bombs, Fails to Break 6 Figures
As James Bond rules again
- The box-office duo of James Bond and Charlie Brown again dominated North American movie theaters, while Angelina Jolie Pitt's
By the Sea
caused barely a ripple.
the 24th Bond installment and last week's top film , took in $35.4 million in its second weekend, according to studio...
Puts Box Office
Out of Its Misery
Nov 8, 2015 11:53 AM CST
Finally Puts Box Office Out of Its Misery
'Spectre' soars to 73M, ending weeks of flops, but falling short of 'Skyfall'
- It took the combination of James Bond and Charlie Brown to save the box office with the openings of both
The Peanuts Movie
after a disastrous few weekends of flops .
took an easy first-place spot with an estimated $73 million, according to Rentrak estimates Sunday, failing to...
to Feel a Little
Nov 6, 2015 1:03 PM CST
Bond Starting to Feel a Little 'Bland'
Critics agree 'Spectre' can't compete with 'Skyfall'
- Daniel Craig's lack of, um, warmth regarding his role as 007 may come across in his fourth and probably final James Bond flick,
. Thought critics aren't exactly bashing it, the film isn't getting anything close to the kind reviews that
did back in 2012. Here'...
Oct 22, 2015 4:00 PM CDT
Not Into 007 Anymore
Gives some interesting interview responses while promoting 'Spectre'
- Daniel Craig has already made it clear that he'd rather slit his wrists than play James Bond again , and his lack of enthusiasm for his role as 007 continues to shine through as he makes the interview rounds for the latest flick,
. Consider these lines from an interview...
Cars Hit Paris
Oct 11, 2015 12:03 PM CDT
Decades of James Bond Cars Hit Paris
Including Aston Martin from upcoming 'Spectre'
- Q branch is paying a visit to Paris with the arrival of nearly 20 cars featured in James Bond films over the years. From the Sunbeam Alpine in the 1962
to this year's Aston Martin, the cars paraded down the Champs Elysees on Sunday after arraying in...
I'd Rather Slit
My Wrists Than
Play 007 Again
Oct 8, 2015 12:35 PM CDT
Daniel Craig: I'd Rather Slit My Wrists Than Play 007 Again
Another James Bond movie? No. Hell no
- Daniel Craig has said he wants to move on from the James Bond franchise and that, for now, he would rather slit his wrists than do another Bond movie. In an interview with
magazine, in which he was asked whether he could imagine doing another Bond film, Craig...
Cinemas May Be
With Night Vision
Sep 24, 2015 5:17 PM CDT
Cinemas May Be Watching You With Night Vision Goggles
In the UK, it's part of an effort to crack down on movie piracy
- When the new 007 film
hits UK theaters next month, James Bond won't be the only one with cool spy gear. The
reports theater staff equipped with "military-style night-vision goggles" will patrol screenings looking for would-be bootleggers. "The bigger the film and the more anticipated...
Flick Gets a
Sep 8, 2015 10:03 AM CDT
The New James Bond Flick Gets a Theme Song
Sam Smith's 'Writing on the Wall' follows Adele's big hit
- Apparently Sam Smith was just pulling our collective leg. The British singer who has repeatedly denied singing the theme song for the new James Bond flick, says the song will in fact be out on Sept. 25, reports NME . "This has been top secret mission of my own,"...
Sony Hackers Vow
Swiped 007 Script
Dec 14, 2014 1:15 PM CST
Sony Hackers Vow 'Christmas Gift,' Swiped 007 Script
Plus, much more from Amy Pascal's email archive
- The Sony hackers apparently also stole an early version of the script to the latest Bond movie, titled
according to the BBC , and the movie's producers say in a statement they're "concerned that third parties who have received the stolen screenplay may seek to publish it...
New James Bond
Film Gets a Name
Dec 4, 2014 9:08 AM CST
New James Bond Film Gets a Name
It's 'Spectre,' and cast is also announced
- The 24th James Bond film, out Oct. 23 in the UK and Nov. 6 in the US, has a title and a cast. Both were announced live today from London's Pinewood Studios, the 007 franchise's British studio home, as principal photography on the movie is set to start...
Live and Let Die
Oct 6, 2014 5:50 PM CDT
Live and Let Die
Villain Dead at 84
Geoffrey Holder was an artist with a varied career
- Geoffrey Holder, a multi-talented dancer, artist, director, actor, and composer best known for his role as a Bond villain, died in New York yesterday of complications from pneumonia, the
New York Times
reports. He was 84. An unmistakable presence, Holder stood 6'6" and possessed a booming voice with a...
Sep 11, 2014 3:15 AM CDT
'Jaws' From James Bond Movies Dies
Richard Kiel was 74
- Jaws has bitten his last: Richard Kiel, the 7-foot-2-inch actor best known for playing the metal-mouthed villain in two Bond movies, has died at the age of 74. The Detroit-born actor, who appeared in dozens of other movies, including
, was in a California hospital after breaking his leg...
Apr 26, 2014 9:33 AM CDT
7 Most Overrated Movies Ever
James Bond, Inception among them
- Looking for something to watch this weekend? You've probably heard great things about the following films, but don't believe the hype, Tim Robey writes in the
. He lists the 10 most overrated films:
, directed by Sam Mendes, is hardly the thriller it was made out to
His Bond Wasn't
Apr 14, 2014 8:59 AM CDT
Brosnan Admits His Bond Wasn't 'Good Enough'
He explains why he struggled with iconic role
- In the middle of a wide-ranging interview with the
, Pierce Brosnan offers up this interesting tidbit: "I have no desire to watch myself as James Bond. ‘Cause it’s just never good enough. It’s a horrible feeling." Brosnan, who really does refuse to watch the...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Lindsey Graham Gets Bad News From Federal Judge
Trump: US 'Temperature Has to Be Brought Down'
Frantic Parents Tased, Arrested Amid Arizona School Lockdown
'Extreme Heat Belt' Emerging in US
Rep Confirms Heche's Death as Exes Grieve
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.