Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Jan. 6 hearings
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Official Navarro
Guilty of Contempt of Congress
Sep 7, 2023 3:22 PM CDT
Trump Official Navarro Guilty of Contempt of Congress
Former presidential adviser failed to cooperate with the Jan. 6 hearings
- Trump White House official Peter Navarro was convicted Thursday of contempt of Congress over his failure to cooperate with a congressional investigation into the attack on the Capitol. The verdict came after a short trial for Navarro, who served as a White House trade adviser under President Donald Trump and...
Trump: I'll Likely Be Indicted
in Jan. 6 Investigation
Jul 18, 2023 9:34 AM CDT
Trump: I'll Likely Be Indicted in Jan. 6 Investigation
Former president informed he's a target in special counsel probe
- Former President Trump says he's been informed that he's a target of the Justice Department's investigation into efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election. Trump made the claim Tuesday in a post on his Truth Social platform, saying that he received a letter on Sunday...
Young Aide Who Testified
About Jan. 6 Pens a Book
Jul 14, 2023 1:09 PM CDT
Young Aide Who Testified About Jan. 6 Pens a Book
Cassidy Hutchinson was a key witness in hearings on Capitol riot
- A former White House aide to President Trump who became a prominent congressional witness against him and his allies in the wake of the Jan. 6 siege of the US Capitol has an upcoming book, reports the AP .
by Cassidy Hutchinson will be released Sept. 26. "With
Jan. 6 Defendant Questions
Son Who Turned Him In
Jun 27, 2023 11:26 AM CDT
Jan. 6 Defendant Questions Son Who Turned Him In
Court exchange was surprisingly civil, with Brian Mock expressing love and forgiveness
- A Jan. 6 defendant had the opportunity to question the son who turned him in to the FBI last week as he represented himself in a bench trial hearing that "turned into a kind of family therapy session," NBC News reports. Ultimately, both men expressed love for each...
Jan. 6 Panel's Time Is Up
Jan 2, 2023 3:55 PM CST
Jan. 6 Panel's Time Is Up
Committee issues departing message
- The House Jan. 6 committee is shutting down, having completed a whirlwind 18-month investigation of the 2021 Capitol insurrection and sent its work to the Justice Department along with a recommendation for prosecuting former President Donald Trump. The committee’s time officially ends Tuesday when the new Republican-led House is...
to Trademark a
Jan 1, 2023 10:30 AM CST
Trump Hoped to Trademark a Familiar Phrase
Jan. 6 panel transcripts reveal his wish for 'RIGGED ELECTION!'
- The most recent drop of transcripts from the Jan. 6 House panel reveals that Donald Trump wanted to trademark a phrase he's used often about the 2020 vote: "RIGGED ELECTION!" The nugget came out of the House panel's interview with son-in-law and former aide Jared Kushner....
I Regret Those
Dec 31, 2022 6:00 AM CST
Ginni Thomas: I Regret Those Post-Election Texts
Wife of Clarence Thomas told Jan. 6 panel the election aftermath was an 'emotional time'
- Ginni Thomas still thinks the 2020 election was stolen, but the wife of Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas says she regrets the many texts she sent in its aftermath seeking to have the results overturned. The details of Thomas' testimony before the House panel tasked with investigating the Capitol riot...
House Panel Drops
Dec 29, 2022 10:30 AM CST
House Panel Drops Trump Subpoena
Soon-to-be-dissolved Jan. 6 committee says it has run out of time to get former president to testify
- Time's almost up for the House panel assembled to investigate the attack on the Capitol, and the committee has decided to give up on getting testimony from the man they say "set this all in motion." The
New York Times
reports that the panel, set to dissolve...
Publishers' Hottest Manuscript
Right Now Is a House Report
Dec 23, 2022 5:35 PM CST
Publishers' Hottest Manuscript Right Now Is a House Report
Big players scrambling to turn the report into physical and e-books, quickly
- Now that the House Jan. 6 panel has completed its work and issued its report , the resulting document has become what the
New York Times
calls "the most sought after manuscript in publishing." The information in the report is in the public domain, but major publishers are scrambling...
6 Takeaways From
Jan. 6 Panel's Final Report
Dec 23, 2022 8:38 AM CST
6 Takeaways From Jan. 6 Panel's Final Report
Trump 'is loving this,' aide said during attack
- The House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack released its final report Thursday, saying the main cause of the attack was "one man." They wrote that former President Donald Trump "put the lives of American lawmakers at risk" and threatened American democracy by trying to...
Read Up on Watergate,
Then Told the Truth
Dec 23, 2022 7:11 AM CST
Cassidy Hutchinson Read Up on Watergate, Then Told the Truth
Transcript of Cassidy Hutchinson's interviews with Jan. 6 panel is out
- Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson told the House Select Committee that a lawyer connected to former President Trump tried to influence her testimony around Jan. 6 to the point that she felt she "had Trump looking over my shoulder." Hutchinson delivered bombshell testimony , describing Trump as lunging...
House Jan. 6 Panel
Releases Final Report
Dec 23, 2022 12:07 AM CST
House Jan. 6 Panel Releases Final Report
It's 'a final act for House Democrats'
- The House Jan. 6 committee’s final report asserts that Donald Trump criminally engaged in a “multi-part conspiracy” to overturn the lawful results of the 2020 presidential election and failed to act to stop his supporters from attacking the Capitol, concluding an extraordinary 18-month investigation into the former president...
McConnell: 'The Entire
Nation Knows Who Is
Responsible' for Jan. 6
Dec 20, 2022 5:22 PM CST
McConnell: 'The Entire Nation Knows Who Is Responsible' for Jan. 6
Senate GOP leaders aren't rallying around Trump after recommendation for charges
- Senate Republicans haven't exactly been circling the wagons around Donald Trump since the House panel investigating the Capitol attack recommended criminal charges for the former president. Some GOP senators criticized the panel for being partisan and "obviously politicized," but they said its work was important and the...
May Have 'Zero'
Effect on DOJ
Dec 20, 2022 6:20 AM CST
Trump Referrals May Have 'Zero' Effect on DOJ
Justice Department is far more interested in the panel's evidence than its opinions
- The Jan. 6 panel took the unprecedented act of making criminal referrals against former President Trump to the Justice Department on Monday. So now what? Some assessments:
The DOJ is under no obligation to charge Trump just because the congressional panel suggested it should. “I think a
New Jan. 6 Details
Dec 19, 2022 7:30 PM CST
Panel Reveals New Jan. 6 Details
'Nobody will care about my legacy if I lose,' Trump told Hope Hicks
- The House committee investigating the Capitol attack held its final hearing Monday—and beyond recommending criminal charges for former President Donald Trump, it released an executive summary of its final report and shared new details of the assault. The meeting began with what the
calls a "highlight...
Jan. 6 Panel Recommends
Criminal Charges for Trump
Dec 19, 2022 1:29 PM CST
Jan. 6 Panel Recommends Criminal Charges for Trump
Justice Department will make the final decision
- The House panel investigating the Capitol riot just made its biggest move yet: It recommended that former President Trump face four criminal charges. The AP describes the move as "mostly symbolic" given that the final decision rests with the Justice Department. The
also makes a point to...
It's a Big Week,
Huge Week for Donald Trump
Dec 19, 2022 8:41 AM CST
It's a Big Week, Huge Week for Donald Trump
Things start Monday, with the final meeting of the Jan. 6 committee
- Former President Trump will very much be in the headlines again this week, in ways he probably won't like. "Taken together, this week will point a spotlight on both Mr. Trump’s refusal to cede power and the issue that he has most acutely guarded for decades, the...
Jan. 6 Panel to
Dec 1, 2022 5:35 PM CST
McCarthy Tells Jan. 6 Panel to Preserve Records
Democratic chairman answers that the documents are going to be released anyway
- Rep. Kevin McCarthy, the House minority leader who hopes to become speaker soon, has put the committee investigating the attack on the Capitol on notice that Republicans intend to review its work. McCarthy sent a letter on Wednesday to Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson, the panel's chairman, telling him that...
5 Hours With Staff
of Jan. 6 Committee
Nov 28, 2022 6:32 PM CST
Conway Spends 5 Hours With Staff of Jan. 6 Committee
Former Trump aide says she didn't invoke the Fifth Amendment
- Kellyanne Conway met with investigators for the House committee looking into the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol on Monday for almost five hours. Conway, who was an adviser to former President Donald Trump but had left his administration by the time of the insurrection by the president's supporters,...
Complaints About Cheney
Lead to Committee Bickering
Nov 24, 2022 4:55 PM CST
Complaints About Cheney Lead to Committee Bickering
Trump jumps in on the squabble over final report, as well
- Divisions among the staff and members of the House Jan. 6 committee that had been kept behind the scenes have become public. Former and current staff members are displeased that Rep. Liz Cheney has steered the panel's final report to concentrate on former President Donald Trump, which they say...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
George Santos Is Expelled From Congress
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Report: Israel Had Details of Hamas Attack for Over a Year
Santos: 'I No Longer Have to Answer a Single Question'
Sheriff Stands by 'Deeply Concerning' Arrest of Reporter
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.