Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Senate Votes to Nullify Biden's
Workplace Vaccine Mandate
Dec 9, 2021 12:00 AM CST
Senate Votes to Nullify Biden's Workplace Vaccine Mandate
But the House is unlikely to take up the resolution regarding businesses
- The Senate narrowly approved a resolution Wednesday to nullify the Biden administration's requirement that businesses with 100 or more workers have their employees be vaccinated against the coronavirus or submit to weekly testing, the AP reports. The vote was 52-48. The Democratic-led House is unlikely to take the measure...
New Mayor Could Keep or Scrap
NYC's Strict Vaccine Mandate
Dec 7, 2021 12:00 AM CST
New Mayor Could Keep or Scrap NYC's Strict Vaccine Mandate
Mayor-elect hasn't said which way he'll go
- New York City is getting one of the nation's toughest vaccine mandates —but will it survive into 2022? Eric Adams will be sworn in as mayor Jan. 1, and he's not saying whether he'll keep the mandate or not, the
New York Times
reports. All private...
NYC Getting One of Nation's
Toughest Vaccine Mandates
Dec 6, 2021 10:50 AM CST
NYC Getting One of Nation's Toughest Vaccine Mandates
De Blasio imposes rule on private sector employers
- All private employers in New York City will have to require their workers to get vaccinated against COVID-19, the mayor said Monday, imposing one of the most aggressive vaccine rules in the nation. The move by Mayor Bill de Blasio comes as cases are climbing again in the US and...
Fake Vaccine Cards Could
Land SC Nurse in Prison
Dec 5, 2021 11:00 AM CST
Fake Vaccine Cards Could Land SC Nurse in Prison
Tammy McDonald was indicted by federal grand jury
- A nurse who stands accused of creating fake COVID vaccination cards for her family could face a lot of prison time. Per WISTV , Tammy McDonald was charged by a federal grand jury in South Carolina Friday on two counts of producing fraudulent cards and an additional count of lying to...
California City Declares
Itself a 'Constitutional Republic'
in case you missed it
Dec 4, 2021 5:20 PM CST
California City Declares Itself a 'Constitutional Republic'
Officials say Oroville residents, businesses are fed up with COVID mandates
- A small city in northern California where many residents have grown weary of COVID mandates has declared itself a "constitutional republic." The declaration passed in a 6-1 vote this month by Oroville City Council states that the city will not enforce orders issued by the state and federal...
After 30 Years
Due to Vaccine
Nov 24, 2021 2:42 AM CST
After 30 Years on
, He's Out Due to Vaccine Mandate
Steve Burton refused to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Steve Burton has been playing Jason Morgan on
since 1991. But no longer: The actor has been fired from the ABC soap opera for refusing to get vaccinated against COVID-19,
reports. Burton made the announcement himself on Instagram in a video including anti-vaccine rhetoric, and the show...
Thousands in LA Schools
May Have to Enroll Elsewhere
Nov 23, 2021 1:50 PM CST
Thousands in LA Schools May Have to Enroll Elsewhere
44K students haven't proven they've had COVID vaccine, and mandate deadline looms
- In the Los Angeles Unified School District, the second-biggest school district in the US, nearly 80% of students look set to comply with its mandate requiring students ages 12 and older to be vaccinated against COVID by Jan. 10, per district officials. On the flip side, that still leaves about...
Nov 17, 2021 12:00 AM CST
Texas Doctor Suspended Over 'Misinformation' Resigns
Dr. Mary Bowden had advocated for ivermectin, railed against vaccine mandates
- The Texas doctor who was punished for spreading misinformation regarding COVID-19 has resigned from the hospital she was affiliated with, ABC 13 reports. Dr. Mary Bowden, a former ear, nose, and throat specialist at Houston Methodist, tweeted Monday, "I have broken free from Methodist and very much appreciate the...
NYC to Welcome Back
Vaccinated NYE Revelers
Nov 16, 2021 7:38 PM CST
NYC to Welcome Back Vaccinated NYE Revelers
It'll be 'further evidence to the world that we are 100% back,' mayor says
- Two years after an unsuspecting crowd in New York City welcomed 2020, the Times Square ball drop will return to something approaching normal—at least for the vaccinated. Mayor Bill de Blasio said Tuesday that crowds will be welcomed back for a " big, strong, full strength" New Year's...
Appeals Court Rules to Keep
Block on Vaccine Mandate
Nov 13, 2021 11:55 AM CST
Appeals Court Rules to Keep Block on Vaccine Mandate
5th Circuit says rule oversteps OSHA authority
- A federal appeals court that hit pause on a Biden administration vaccine requirement ruled Friday to block it. A requirement that businesses with 100 or more employees have staff get vaccinated or be masked and tested weekly was scheduled to go into effect Jan. 4. Three judges in the US...
They Reluctantly Get Vaxxed,
Then Try to 'Detox' From It
Nov 12, 2021 10:07 AM CST
They Reluctantly Get Vaxxed, Then Try to 'Detox' From It
Anti-vaxxers feeling forced by mandates are trying to 'reverse' their injections
- As vaccine mandates continue to go into effect across the US, some who were initially resistant are caving. That's giving rise to a new group: those who reluctantly get vaccinated in order to keep working or go to school then try to "detox" from the vaccine. Per NBC...
One of the Strictest Vaccine
Mandates in US Takes Effect
Nov 8, 2021 2:01 AM CST
One of the Strictest Vaccine Mandates in US Takes Effect
Though Los Angeles won't start enforcing it until Nov. 29
As of Monday, Los Angeles' vaccine mandate is in effect, the AP reports. However, city officials won't start enforcing it until Nov. 29 so businesses have time to adjust to the new rules. San Francisco, New York City, and other cities around the US have some form of...
Court Freezes Biden's
Nov 6, 2021 3:45 PM CDT
Court Freezes Biden's Vaccine Mandate
Federal government has to counter states' lawsuit by Monday
- One of the multiple lawsuits filed by more than two dozen states to stop President Biden's vaccine mandate for private employers paid off Saturday, at least temporarily. An appeals court in Louisiana granted an emergency stay of the federal order. The government has until 5pm Monday to make its...
Report: Emilio Estevez,
Part Ways Over Vax
Nov 6, 2021 7:00 AM CDT
Report: Emilio Estevez,
Part Ways Over Vax
Actor reportedly won't be back for Disney+ show after not complying with vaccine mandate
- If you're eagerly awaiting the next season of
The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers
, recently renewed for a second installation on Disney+, be aware there's apparently one big casting cut. Yahoo Entertainment reports that Emilio Estevez won't be reprising his role as coach Gordon Bombay, which he also...
White House Spells Out
Details of Vaccine Mandate
Nov 4, 2021 12:21 PM CDT
White House Spells Out Details of Vaccine Mandate
Workers at big companies have until Jan. 4 to get vaccinated
- The White House on Thursday revealed new details about its plan to require vaccinations in the American workplace. Highlights:
Workers at businesses with more than 100 employees have until Jan. 4 to get vaccinated. Employees have the option to skip the vaccinations if they agree to weekly COVID tests
for Chicago Cops
Nov 1, 2021 6:15 PM CDT
Judge Blocks Vaccine Mandate for Chicago Cops
But they still have to inform city of their vaccination status
: A judge in Chicago has blocked the city from enforcing its vaccine mandate for police officers. Cook County Judge Raymond Mitchell suspended the city's Dec. 31 deadline and said the dispute over vaccinations between the city and the police union should be treated as a labor grievance and...
As NYC Mandate Kicks in,
Hundreds of Firefighters
Take Medical Leave
Nov 1, 2021 4:58 PM CDT
As NYC Mandate Kicks in, Hundreds of Firefighters Take Medical Leave
Mayor says 9K workers now on unpaid leave
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says 9,000 city workers—around 2.4% of the total—are now on unpaid leave because of the Big Apple's vaccine mandate, which kicked in on Friday The mayor said staff shortages have not caused any disruption to services and employees...
On Maine's Vax Mandate,
Supreme Court Turns Away
Oct 30, 2021 5:30 AM CDT
On Maine's Vax Mandate, Supreme Court Turns Away
High court won't block the directive, which went into effect for health care workers in Maine on Friday
- The Supreme Court has rejected an emergency appeal from health care workers in Maine to block a vaccine mandate that went into effect Friday. Three conservative justices noted their dissents. The state isn't offering a religious exemption to hospital and nursing home workers who risk losing their jobs if...
6 Firefighters Suspended After
Drive to Legislator's Office
Oct 29, 2021 5:25 PM CDT
6 Firefighters Suspended After Drive to Legislator's Office
On-duty crew was battling New York City's vaccine mandate
- New York City has pulled six firefighters battling the new coronavirus vaccine mandate who drove a ladder truck to a state senator's office and threatened his staff. The firefighters went to Sen. Zellnor Myrie's Brooklyn office on Friday, the first day the mandate has been in effect. Myrie...
Judge Won't Block Mandate
for NYC City Workers
Oct 27, 2021 5:44 PM CDT
Judge Won't Block Mandate for NYC City Workers
Cops, other workers will be required to show proof of vaccination Friday
- A New York judge on Wednesday refused to pause a vaccine mandate set to take effect Friday for the city's municipal workforce, denying a police union's request for a temporary restraining order. Judge Lizette Colon ruled that the city's COVID-19 vaccine mandate can take effect as scheduled...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Gunman Sent Message: 'Going to Shoot Elementary School'
'She Is Gone,' Texas Man Sobbed Into Phone
Details Emerge About Teen Shooter in Texas
Beto O'Rourke Interrupts Abbott's Press Conference
Senator's Angry, Heartbroken Speech on Texas School Shooting Goes Viral
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.