Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Lawsuit Against Baldwin From
Marine's Family Dismissed
Aug 24, 2023 5:14 AM CDT
Lawsuit Against Baldwin From Marine's Family Dismissed
He called fallen Marine's sister an 'insurrectionist'
- A $25 million defamation lawsuit against Alec Baldwin from the widow and sisters of a Marine killed in the 2021 suicide attack at Kabul's airport has been dismissed—again. The actor donated $5,000 to the family of Lance Cpl. Rylee J. McCollum after the attack. He was sued...
Ahead of His Sentencing,
Proud Boy Goes Missing
Aug 19, 2023 7:02 AM CDT
Ahead of His Sentencing, Proud Boy Goes Missing
Christopher Worrell faced 14 years in prison, now has warrant out for his arrest
- A Florida Proud Boy convicted of seven counts in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was to be sentenced in federal court on Friday, but it appears that Christopher Worrell had better plans. As NBC News reports, Worrell is missing and now has his very own wanted poster courtesy of the...
DOJ Seeks Longest
Sentence Yet for Capitol Riot
Aug 18, 2023 10:34 AM CDT
DOJ Seeks Longest Sentence Yet for Capitol Riot
Enrique Tarrio faces 33 years in longest sentence sought yet by Justice Department for Capitol riot
- The Justice Department is seeking 33 years in prison for Enrique Tarrio, the former Proud Boys leader convicted of seditious conspiracy in one of the most serious cases to emerge from the attack on the US Capitol, according to court documents. The sentence, if imposed, would be by far the...
Two Florida Men Sentenced
to Prison in Capitol Attack
Aug 17, 2023 5:35 PM CDT
Two Florida Men Sentenced to Prison in Capitol Attack
One hit officers with a flagpole, prosecutors say
- Two Florida men have been sentenced on felony charges related to storming the US Capitol during the January 2021 insurrection. Michael Steven Perkins, 40, of Plant City, was sentenced Thursday to four years in prison in DC federal court, according to court records, the AP reports. Joshua Christopher Doolin, 25,...
Defiant Trump States
His Case: 'Not Guilty'
Aug 3, 2023 3:33 PM CDT
Defiant Trump States His Case: 'Not Guilty'
Before arriving at court, former president called his arraignment a 'great honor'
- Donald Trump returned to Washington on Thursday, this time to face arraignment on felony charges that he tried to overturn the 2020 election results:
After flying from New Jersey to DC, the former president arrived at a federal courthouse across the street from the Capitol on Thursday afternoon,
Cardinals Fan 'Rally Runner'
Arrested on Jan. 6 Charges
Aug 3, 2023 8:20 AM CDT
Cardinals Fan 'Rally Runner' Arrested on Jan. 6 Charges
Daniel Donnelly was easy to spot in Capitol riot footage
- With his red outfit and red face paint, St. Louis Cardinals superfan Daniel Donnelly Jr. was a familiar sight as he jogged around Busch Stadium during games. He also stood out among Capitol rioters on Jan. 6, 2021, federal prosecutors say. Donnelly—who changed his legal name to his nickname...
Trump Pressured Pence
in Christmas Day Call
Aug 2, 2023 12:00 AM CDT
Indictment: Trump Pressured Pence in Christmas Day Call
And again on New Year's Day, indictment says
- On Christmas Day in 2020, then-VP Mike Pence called then-President Donald Trump to wish him a happy holiday. Trump, however, "quickly turned the conversation to January 6 and his request that the Vice President reject electoral votes that day," according to the unsealed indictment against Trump for alleged...
Indictment: Trump Knew
Election Claims Were Lies
Aug 1, 2023 7:01 PM CDT
Indictment: Trump Knew Election Claims Were Lies
'Despite having lost, the Defendant was determined to remain in power'
- "Despite having lost, the Defendant was determined to remain in power," a federal indictment filed against former President Trump Tuesday states. Trump was charged on four counts , including conspiracy to defraud the US, over his attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election. The 45-page indictment filed...
Trump: I'm Running Even
If I'm Convicted, Sentenced
Jul 28, 2023 11:15 AM CDT
Trump: I'm Running Even If I'm Convicted, Sentenced
Former president also reacts to new charges in Mar-a-Lago classified documents case
- Early Thursday afternoon, Donald Trump talked up the "productive meeting" he said his legal team had had that morning with the DOJ, which had many buzzing about a possibly soon-to-come indictment in special counsel Jack Smith's probe of the Jan. 6 Capitol riots, per the Hill . That indictment...
Trump Asks Congress for Help:
'They Keep Coming After Me'
Jul 26, 2023 7:57 AM CDT
Trump Asks Congress for Help: 'They Keep Coming After Me'
With Jan. 6 indictment looming, former president demands yet another investigation
- Former President Trump is asking Congress to intervene as he faces an indictment over alleged efforts to overturn the 2020 election results. "Congress, if you will, please investigate the political witch hunts against me currently being brought by the corrupt DOJ and FBI, who are totally out of control,...
Judge Keeps Conviction Intact,
Rips 'QAnon Shaman,' Carlson
Jul 20, 2023 6:15 PM CDT
Judge Keeps Conviction Intact, Rips 'QAnon Shaman,' Carlson
Video aired on Fox News fails to clear Capitol rioter
- A federal judge on Thursday made clear he doesn't view Jacob Chansley's behavior at the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, the way Tucker Carlson does. The then-Fox News host showed video in March of the rioter known as the "QAnon Shaman" apparently walking through the building...
Charlottesville Marcher Leaves
Prison, Is Re-Arrested
Jul 19, 2023 8:47 AM CDT
Charlottesville Marcher Leaves Prison, Is Re-Arrested
Tyler Bradley Dykes allegedly attacked law enforcement, stole a police shield during Jan. 6 riot
- A man sentenced to prison earlier this year for his role in the 2017 white nationalist demonstration that proceeded the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, finished his sentence Monday only to be arrested for allegedly attacking police officers during the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. An...
DeSantis: Trump 'Didn't Do
Anything' to Stop Capitol Riot
Jul 18, 2023 3:25 PM CDT
DeSantis: Trump 'Didn't Do Anything' to Stop Capitol Riot
But Florida governor also faults the Justice Department for trying to 'criminalize' that
- Ron DeSantis took a shot Tuesday at the behavior of Donald Trump during the Capitol riot, saying the former president deserves criticism for failing to try to stop the violence. "I think it was shown how he was in the White House and didn't do anything while things...
Butcher Who Hurled
Bow Like Spear at
Cops on Jan. 6
Learns His Fate
Jul 14, 2023 1:00 AM CDT
Butcher Who Hurled Bow Like Spear at Cops on Jan. 6 Learns His Fate
Kyle Fitzsimons sentenced to more than 7 years in prison
- A professional butcher whose bloody, wild-eyed face became one of the most memorable images of the US Capitol riot was sentenced Thursday to more than seven years in prison for hurling a bow like a spear at police and attacking several other officers, the AP reports. Kyle Fitzsimons, 39, of...
Figure in Conspiracy Theory
Sues Fox News, Carlson
Jul 12, 2023 5:20 PM CDT
Figure in Conspiracy Theory Sues Fox News, Carlson
Trump backer accuses network, host of suggesting he was working for FBI
- Fox News and Tucker Carlson now face another defamation lawsuit over their coverage of the aftermath of the 2020 presidential election. Ray Epps says a right-wing conspiracy theory was built around him, which Fox and Carlson, who no longer works for the network, repeatedly aired, NBC News reports. The conspiracy...
Rioter Who Pepper-Sprayed
Capitol Officers Sentenced
Jul 7, 2023 3:50 PM CDT
Rioter Who Pepper-Sprayed Capitol Officers Sentenced
Prosecutors say Barry Ramey went with Proud Boys on Jan. 6
- A Florida man prosecutors say is affiliated with the Proud Boys extremist group was sentenced on Friday to five years in prison for attacking police officers with pepper spray as they tried to defend the US Capitol against supporters of President Donald Trump on Jan. 6, 2021. Barry Ramey, an...
Jan. 6 Suspect Arrested
Near Obama Home After
Trump Shares Address
Jun 30, 2023 11:13 AM CDT
Jan. 6 Suspect Arrested Near Obama Home After Trump Shares Address
Sources say Taylor Taranto had weapons, ammunition in van
- A suspect wanted in connection with the Capitol attack was arrested near former President Obama's home in Washington, DC, on Thursday—and while the address is not a secret, it might not be a coincidence that former President Trump shared it on Truth Social hours earlier. A Truth Social...
Jan. 6 Defendant Questions
Son Who Turned Him In
Jun 27, 2023 11:26 AM CDT
Jan. 6 Defendant Questions Son Who Turned Him In
Court exchange was surprisingly civil, with Brian Mock expressing love and forgiveness
- A Jan. 6 defendant had the opportunity to question the son who turned him in to the FBI last week as he represented himself in a bench trial hearing that "turned into a kind of family therapy session," NBC News reports. Ultimately, both men expressed love for each...
Capitol Rioter Shouts
'Trump Won' at Sentencing
Jun 22, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Capitol Rioter Shouts 'Trump Won' at Sentencing
Daniel Rodriguez got 12.5 years
- One of the men who shoved a stun gun into a Washington, DC, police officer's neck during the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol yelled, "Trump won!" as he was exiting the courtroom after being sentenced Wednesday. Daniel "DJ" Rodriguez, who traveled from his...
Marines on Active Duty During
Capitol Attack Plead Guilty
Jun 12, 2023 7:05 PM CDT
Marines on Active Duty During Capitol Attack Plead Guilty
The two attended the Trump rally, then took photos in the Rotunda
- Two men who were active-duty members of the Marines Corps when they stormed the US Capitol pleaded guilty on Monday to riot-related criminal charges. Joshua Abate and Dodge Dale Hellonen are scheduled to be sentenced in September by US District Judge Ana Reyes. Both pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.