Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Trump tax return
Stories 1 - 20 |
to Release of
His Tax Returns
Dec 30, 2022 9:24 AM CST
Trump Reacts to Release of His Tax Returns
Claims Dems have 'weaponized' his financial records, warns of 'dangerous 2-way street'
- Six years' worth of tax returns for Donald Trump were publicly released Friday, and the former president isn't waiting for analyses to come in from all of the eyes poring over the documents. In a statement released via a short Twitter thread by spokeswoman Liz Harrington, Trump defended the...
Trump's Tax Returns Just
Dropped. The Pros Are Ready
Dec 30, 2022 8:21 AM CST
Trump's Tax Returns Just Dropped. The Pros Are Ready
Tax experts will look for charity donations, real estate income and losses
- Earlier this month, the Democrat-controlled House Ways and Means Committee voted to release a report on Donald Trump's tax returns. That day has now come: On Friday, the panel publicly released those returns, "pulling back the curtain" on six years' worth of tax records (2015-2020) for the former...
Trump Tax Returns
to Be Released Friday
Dec 27, 2022 7:24 PM CST
Trump Tax Returns to Be Released Friday
Move will come days before GOP takes control of House
- Former President Donald Trump's tax returns will be released to the public by the House Ways and Means Committee on Friday, days before the new Congress is seated and Republicans gain control of the influential committee. The documents to be released on Friday will include the former president's...
IRS Failed to Audit Trump for
First 2 Years in Office: Report
Dec 21, 2022 6:03 AM CST
IRS Failed to Audit Trump for First 2 Years in Office: Report
House Ways and Means Committee releases report on findings
- Hours after the House Ways and Means Committee voted to release six years of former President Trump's tax returns, it released a 29-page report on its findings regarding the Internal Revenue Service's mandatory presidential audit program. The report, which you can read in full here , reveals that the...
House Panel Votes to
Release Report on
Trump Tax Returns
Dec 20, 2022 7:08 PM CST
House Panel Votes to Release Report on Trump Tax Returns
Democrats will come to regret this, committee's ranking Republican says
- The Democratic-controlled House Ways and Means Committee voted along party lines Tuesday to publicly release a report on Donald Trump’s tax returns, which the former president has long tried to shield. Democratic Rep. Richard Neal, the committee's chairman, said supporting materials will be released along with the report....
House Democrats Can Now
Access Trump's Tax Returns
Nov 30, 2022 5:35 PM CST
House Democrats Can Now Access Trump's Tax Returns
Lawmaker says making them public is a possibility
- House Democrats now have access to Donald Trump's tax returns—but they don't have control of the House for much longer. The Treasury Department confirmed Wednesday that it has "complied with last week's court decision," ABC reports. The Supreme Court ended a three-year legal battle...
Trump Blasts SCOTUS
Over Tax Returns Ruling
Nov 23, 2022 6:10 PM CST
Trump Blasts SCOTUS Over Tax Returns Ruling
Court is 'nothing more than a political body,' complains man who appointed 3 justices
- Former President Donald Trump picked one-third of the current Supreme Court justices, giving the nation's top court a conservative supermajority—but he doesn't sound happy with them. In posts on his Truth Social network Wednesday, Trump slammed the court for rejecting his request to block the release of...
SCOTUS: Congress Can
Have Trump's Tax Returns
Nov 22, 2022 3:05 PM CST
SCOTUS: Congress Can Have Trump's Tax Returns
Court refuses to block release of records to House committee
- The Supreme Court—without comment or noted dissent—has rejected Donald Trump's request to block the release of his tax records to the House Ways and Means Committee, ending a three-year legal fight. The release was on hold after an emergency appeal from the former president. The Tuesday order...
Nov 1, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
SCOTUS Shields Trump Tax Returns, for Now
Chief Justice John Roberts grants temporary stay; House committee must respond to concerns
It's a temporary win for Donald Trump. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts on Tuesday put a temporary hold on the handover of the former president's federal income tax returns to a congressional committee, the AP reports. The order gives the House Ways and Means Committee until...
Bad News for Trump
on His Tax Returns
Dec 15, 2021 2:48 AM CST
Bad News for Trump on His Tax Returns
Judge rejects former president's lawsuit to shield them from Congress
- Bad news for Donald Trump in his bid to keep his tax returns from Congress: A federal judge dismissed his case, ruling that the Treasury Department can in fact turn them over to Congress. But Judge Trevor McFadden, a Trump appointee, put his ruling on hold for 14 days pending...
Judge: House Panel Can See
Some Trump Tax Records
Aug 11, 2021 6:40 PM CDT
Judge: House Panel Can See Some Trump Tax Records
Ruling allows access on issues related to emoluments clause
- A judge agreed Wednesday that a House committee has a right to see former President Trump's tax records, within limits. US District Judge Amit Mehta in Washington said the House Oversight Committee may subpoena some of the documents from Trump's accounting firm, Mazars. The former president has fought...
Trump Asks Court to
Block Release of Tax Returns
Aug 4, 2021 2:31 PM CDT
Trump Asks Court to Block Release of Tax Returns
His lawyers say he's being targeted because of his 'political beliefs'
- The legal wrangling over Donald Trump's tax returns outlasted his presidency—and it appears set to continue for much of President Biden's administration. Trump's lawyers have asked a federal court to permanently block the Treasury Department from handing his tax returns over to investigators and order an...
Justice Decides Against
Trump on Tax Returns
Jul 30, 2021 2:47 PM CDT
Justice Decides Against Trump on Tax Returns
Barring another twist, House panel will receive copies of the documents
- The Justice Department, in a reversal, says the Treasury Department must provide the House Ways and Means Committee with former President Trump's tax returns, apparently ending a long legal showdown over the records. In a memo dated Friday, the Office of Legal Counsel said the committee chairman "has...
Feb 25, 2021 12:05 PM CST
Manhattan DA: We've Got Trump's Tax Returns
Sources say Cy Vance's office has 'millions of pages' of documents
- A Supreme Court decision earlier this week handed Donald Trump a "significant" defeat, ruling that prosecutors in New York be given eight years' worth of the former president's tax returns and other financials. The ball seems to be quickly rolling on that front: On Thursday, a rep for...
a Big Defeat
Feb 22, 2021 9:55 AM CST
Supreme Court Hands Trump a Big Defeat
Justices clear the way for New York prosecutors to get his tax returns
- The Supreme Court handed former President Trump what the AP calls a "significant" defeat on Monday, ruling that Trump must hand over eight years of tax returns and financial records to prosecutors in New York. The decision means that Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. will get valuable information...
Trump's Hundreds of Millions
in Debt Was Forgiven:
Oct 28, 2020 9:03 AM CDT
Trump's Hundreds of Millions in Debt Was Forgiven:
And he paid almost no federal tax on it, records show
- President Trump's lenders have forgiven some $287 million in debt that he's failed to repay since 2010, most of that stemming from the Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago, the
New York Times
reports in its latest foray into the president's tax records. Deutsche Bank and...
Court: Trump Still
Needs to Hand Over
His Tax Returns
Oct 7, 2020 12:05 PM CDT
Court: Trump Still Needs to Hand Over His Tax Returns
Case set to return to SCOTUS
- A case involving President Trump's tax returns is set to go to the Supreme Court for the second time this year. A federal appeals court handed Trump yet another defeat in the case Wednesday, ruling that Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. can enforce a subpoena ordering Trump's...
Biden Just Released
His Latest Tax Returns
Sep 29, 2020 3:46 PM CDT
Biden Just Released His Latest Tax Returns
Campaign calls it a 'historic level of transparency'
- Joe Biden has ensured that only one candidate in Tuesday night's debate is likely to face questions about not releasing tax returns. Biden released his 2019 tax returns Tuesday, hours ahead of the debate, showing that he paid just under $300,000 in federal tax for the year, the...
Trump Lawyers Will Keep
Fighting Tax Records Subpoena
Jul 15, 2020 2:42 PM CDT
Trump Lawyers Will Keep Fighting Tax Records Subpoena
They say SCOTUS ruling left room for challenges
- A week after losing a Supreme Court ruling , President Trump’s lawyers said Wednesday they're considering challenging subpoenas for his tax records by criminal prosecutors on grounds that the subpoenas are a fishing expedition or a form of harassment or retaliation against him. The plans were outlined in a...
Supreme Court Divided
Over Trump Tax Returns
May 12, 2020 1:54 PM CDT
Supreme Court Divided Over Trump Tax Returns
Court may reject his claim that he's immune from investigation while in office
- The Supreme Court on Tuesday appeared likely to reject President Trump's claim that he is immune from criminal investigation while in office. But the court seemed less clear about exactly how to handle subpoenas from Congress and the Manhattan district attorney for Trump's tax, bank, and financial records,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
David Brooks Posts a Burger Picture, Chaos Ensues
Gross Details Air in Boston College Hazing Case
'When I First Saw It, I Thought This Can't Be Real'
New Suit Says Police Abused Woman in 'Torture Warehouse'
Democratic Senator Indicted on Bribery Charges
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.