Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Sarah Huckabee Sanders
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sanders OKs Anti-Abortion
Monument Near State Capitol
Mar 19, 2023 11:36 AM CDT
Sanders OKs Anti-Abortion Monument Near State Capitol
Private groups will have input on design
- Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders has signed a new law that will allow a monument near the state Capitol marking the number of abortions performed in Arkansas before the US Supreme Court struck down Roe v. Wade. Sanders' office said Friday night that the Republican governor signed the bill that...
In GOP Rebuttal,
Choice Is 'Between
Normal or Crazy'
Feb 7, 2023 10:45 PM CST
In GOP Rebuttal, Sanders Says Choice Is 'Between Normal or Crazy'
Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders calls President Biden unfit to serve
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders delivered the Republican rebuttal to President Biden's State of the Union address Tuesday night, and she did not hold back: The Arkansas governor declared Biden "unfit to serve as commander in chief" and said he's putting both the US and the entire world at...
Feb 2, 2023 2:42 PM CST
GOP Picks Familiar Face to Rebut Biden Address
New Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders gets the nod
- Republicans have chosen a Donald Trump supporter who won in November to give the party's rebuttal to President Biden's State of the Union address. House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell announced that the honor will go to Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, 40, her...
On First Day
Jan 12, 2023 6:47 AM CST
On First Day as Governor, Sarah Huckabee Sanders Bans 'Latinx'
The term cannot be used officially in Arkansas state government
- Among the pressing issues Sarah Huckabee Sanders addressed on her very first day as the governor of Arkansas: the use of the word "Latinx." The gender-neutral term, which can be used in place of Latino, is now banned from being used officially by the state government, NBC News...
Congress Gets Its
First Gen Z Member
Nov 8, 2022 8:54 PM CST
Congress Gets Its First Gen Z Member
25-year-old Maxwell Frost cruised to victory in Florida
- In Congress, Maxwell Frost is going to be the voice of his generation. The 25-year-old Democrat cruised to victory over 51-year-old Republican Calvin Wimbish in Florida's reliably blue Orlando-area 10th District and will be the first member of Generation Z in Congress, BuzzFeed reports. Frost, who will also be...
Sarah Sanders Hits Bump
in Road for Governor
Sep 17, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
Sarah Sanders Hits Bump in Road for Governor
Ex-WH press secretary, 40, reveals thyroid cancer surgery, says she'll be back soon for Ark. campaign
- Former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who's running for governor in Arkansas, underwent surgery Friday for thyroid cancer. Sanders announced she underwent the surgery after a biopsy earlier this month revealed she had the cancer. Sanders was recovering at an Arkansas hospital on Friday, her campaign said....
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Wins
Her Race, Addresses Shooting
May 24, 2022 11:39 PM CDT
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Wins Her Race, Addresses Shooting
Says that 'when a kid is in the womb, (they should be) as safe as they are in the classroom'
- Sarah Sanders won the Republican nomination for governor in Arkansas on Tuesday, putting her on a clear path to lead a solidly red state where former President Trump’s popularity has overshadowed questions about his administration's credibility that she faced during her time as White House press secretary. Sanders...
Trump's Clout Faces Big
Test in Georgia Races
May 24, 2022 9:35 AM CDT
Trump's Clout Faces Big Test in Georgia Races
It's another primary day
- It's another busy primary Tuesday. Georgia takes center stage as Gov. Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger try to fight back challengers endorsed by former President Trump, who's seeking revenge for his 2020 election defeat in the state. An assessment at FiveThirtyEight sees that and other...
Fox News Role Is Revealed
Mar 30, 2021 11:09 AM CDT
Kayleigh McEnany's Fox News Role Is Revealed
Former White House press secretary to co-host 'Outnumbered'
- Kayleigh McEnany will host a daytime talk show as part of her new gig with Fox News . The former White House press secretary will join co-hosts Harris Faulkner and Emily Compagno on
, which features a rotating panel of guests, starting April 6,
reports. Deadline notes it's the...
Huckabee Sanders Enters
Race, Hits 'Radical Left'
Jan 25, 2021 7:23 AM CST
Huckabee Sanders Enters Race, Hits 'Radical Left'
Former White House press chief announces run for governor in Arkansas
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders re-entered the political spotlight on Monday by announcing that she's running for governor in Arkansas, reports the
. The 38-year-old previously served as President Trump's press secretary, and she now hopes to become the first woman to hold the seat her father, Mike, once...
to Kim Jong Un
Sep 2, 2020 9:09 AM CDT
Sanders Reveals Trump Reaction to Kim Jong Un Flirting
'He f---ing hit on you!' ex-WH press secretary says he exclaimed in incident detailed in new book
- Former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders has been making the rounds of late to help her ex-boss stump for November. This week, however, the buzz around Sanders is focused on her upcoming memoir, a copy of which the
got its hands on a few days before its...
Sarah Sanders Has Unflattering
Story About John Bolton
Jun 22, 2020 10:19 AM CDT
Sarah Sanders Has Unflattering Story About John Bolton
In memoir, she says he was 'drunk on power' and cites a London trip
- Another White House memoir is surfacing, and this time John Bolton is on the receiving end of criticism. In an excerpt of
Speaking for Myself
obtained by Axios , former press chief Sarah Sanders calls Bolton "a classic case of a senior White House official drunk on power, who had...
Sarah Sanders Apologizes
After Mocking Biden Stutter
Dec 20, 2019 2:00 AM CST
Sarah Sanders Apologizes After Mocking Biden Stutter
'I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I hhhave absolutely no idea what Biden is talking about' she said
- Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders clashed over health care in Thursday night's Democratic debate —but an exchange with another Sanders is getting a lot of attention. After Biden demonstrated a stutter while talking about helping children with who struggle with stutters, former White House press secretary Sarah Sanders...
Sarah Sanders on
Possible Run: 'I Feel
Like I've Been Called'
Nov 25, 2019 7:00 PM CST
Sarah Sanders on Possible Run: 'I Feel Like I've Been Called'
Former White House press secretary is clearly thinking about a gubernatorial run in Arkansas
- So is Sarah Sanders running for governor in Arkansas ? She's not making anything official yet, but in a new interview with the
New York Times
, President Trump's former press secretary also isn't exactly downplaying the possibility. "There are two types of people who run for...
First Day on
Fox: I 'Loved'
Sep 6, 2019 12:38 PM CDT
Sarah Sanders' First Day on Fox: I 'Loved' Working for Trump
She's also got a new book on the way from St. Martin's Press
- It's been a few months since we've seen Sarah Sanders appear regularly in front of the camera after she announced in June she was stepping down from her White House post, but we're about to find her on our TV screens a whole lot more. Friday marked...
Sarah Sanders Has a New Job
Aug 22, 2019 10:00 AM CDT
Sarah Sanders Has a New Job
She'll join Fox News as an analyst next month
- Sarah Sanders is returning to the public eye. The former White House press secretary is joining Fox News as a political analyst, the network announced . Her first appearance will be on
Fox & Friends
Sept. 6. Sanders served as press secretary from July 2017 through June of this year, though...
Sanders Leaves With 'Head
Held High' and ... a Book Deal?
Jul 1, 2019 7:47 AM CDT
Sanders Leaves With 'Head Held High' and ... a Book Deal?
Sources tell Axios she'll likely write about her WH experience after some R&R in July
- Whether Sarah Huckabee Sanders runs for governor of Arkansas remains to be seen, but she may have at least one other project to keep her busy in the interim. Sources tell Mike Allen at Axios that, after taking some R&R time with her family in July, the former White...
The Biggest Change During
Sarah Sanders' Tenure
Jun 14, 2019 8:15 AM CDT
The Biggest Change During Sarah Sanders' Tenure
Press briefings effectively ended during her 2-year run as White House press secretary
- Sarah Sanders is going home to Arkansas after almost two years as White House press secretary—and it is a tenure unlikely to be forgotten. Daily briefings were a decades-old tradition under previous administrations, but they almost completely disappeared after Sanders replaced Sean Spicer in 2017. In 2018, briefings gradually...
Trump Will Need a New
White House Press Secretary
Jun 13, 2019 3:45 PM CDT
Trump Will Need a New White House Press Secretary
Sarah Huckabee Sanders is leaving the post, president announces
- Yet more turnover at the White House: Sarah Huckabee Sanders is leaving her position as press secretary at the end of the month, President Trump announced in a tweet Thursday. CNN says Sanders "largely redefined the position" of press secretary during her "tumultuous" time in the role, which...
Trump Pardons Rogue Soldier
Who Killed Rumored Terrorist
May 7, 2019 10:05 AM CDT
Trump Pardons Rogue Soldier Who Killed Rumored Terrorist
Sarah Sanders says Michael Behenna is 'entirely deserving'
- President Trump has granted a full pardon to a former US soldier convicted of killing a suspected al-Qaeda terrorist in Iraq. Press secretary Sarah Sanders described former Army 1st Lt. Michael Behenna as "entirely deserving" of the executive grant of clemency in a Monday statement, noting he was a...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
9-Year-Old Who Vanished While Camping Is Found Safe
She's Expected to Be a Senator in 2 Days
Crews Cleaning Storm Debris May Have Solved a Cold Case
Costco's Newest Product Keeps Selling Out in Just 'Hours'
Defiant Trump Arrives for Trial: Americans Won't 'Stand for It'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.