Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Lawyer: Prosecutor Said
Giuliani Is Election Probe Target
Aug 15, 2022 5:23 PM CDT
Lawyer: Prosecutor Said Giuliani Is Election Probe Target
Judge rejects Lindsey Graham's attempt to quash subpoena in Georgia case
- Rudy Giuliani has been ordered to testify before a special grand jury in Georgia investigating alleged election interference in 2020—and his lawyers say they've been told Giuliani is a target of the investigation, not a witness. Giuliani attorney Bob Costello says that "on the heels of us...
Gets Bad News
Aug 15, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Lindsey Graham Gets Bad News From Federal Judge
SC senator is ordered to testify about calls he made after Trump's loss in 2020 election
- Lindsey Graham just lost a key battle in his fight to avoid testifying about his actions after the 2020 election. A federal judge in Atlanta on Monday ruled that the GOP senator from South Carolina must appear before a special grand jury in Fulton County that's investigating election meddling...
Conspiracy Drama Complicates
Decision on Voting Machines
Aug 13, 2022 1:35 PM CDT
Conspiracy Drama Complicates Decision on Voting Machines
Louisiana's equipment is outdated, but Trump supporters push for paper ballots
- The need for Louisiana to replace its voting machines is not in dispute. They are badly outdated—deployed in 2006—and do not produce paper ballots critical to ensuring election results are accurate. What to do about them is another story, the AP reports. The drama includes allegations of bid-rigging,...
What We Know
Seizure of Trump
Ally Scott Perry
Aug 11, 2022 11:16 AM CDT
What We Know About Phone Seizure of Trump Ally Scott Perry
GOP congressman's phone was taken by the FBI
- Three FBI agents took the rare step of seizing the cellphone of a sitting member of Congress on Tuesday. Republican Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania, a five-term congressman and chair of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, has claimed the seizure is tied to the search of Trump's home in...
and Trump Ally:
FBI Seized My Phone
Aug 10, 2022 12:30 AM CDT
Congressman and Trump Ally: FBI Seized My Phone
Rep. Scott Perry slams 'banana republic tactics'
- US Rep. Scott Perry said his cellphone was seized Tuesday morning by FBI agents carrying a search warrant, the AP reports. The circumstances surrounding the seizure were not immediately known. Perry, though, has been a figure in the congressional investigation into then-President Donald Trump’s actions leading up to the...
Michigan AG Seeks
in 2020 Election Case
Aug 8, 2022 1:11 PM CDT
Michigan AG Seeks Special Prosecutor in 2020 Election Case
Her GOP rival is among 9 people involved in alleged effort to gain access to voting machines
- The Michigan Attorney General's office is asking that a special prosecutor investigate whether the Republican candidate for state attorney general and others should be charged in connection with an effort to gain access to voting machines after the 2020 election. Attorney General Dana Nessel’s office has asked that...
NY Judge Orders Giuliani to
Testify in Georgia Election Case
Jul 20, 2022 2:58 PM CDT
NY Judge Orders Giuliani to Testify in Georgia Election Case
Fulton DA is investigating alleged election interference by Trump allies
- A judge in New York has ordered Rudy Giuliani to appear next month before a special grand jury in Atlanta that's investigating whether former President Donald Trump and others illegally tried to interfere in the 2020 general election in Georgia, the AP reports. New York Supreme Court Justice Thomas...
States Report No Fraud in
2020 Use of Drop Boxes
Jul 17, 2022 12:15 PM CDT
States Report No Fraud in 2020 Use of Drop Boxes
Survey findings counter unproven claims of stolen ballots
- The expanded use of drop boxes for mailed ballots during the 2020 election did not lead to any widespread problems, according to an AP survey of state election officials across the US that revealed no cases of fraud, vandalism, or theft that could have affected the results. The findings from...
'Target' Letters Sent to Trump
Allies by Fulton County DA
Jul 16, 2022 6:00 AM CDT
'Target' Letters Sent to Trump Allies by Fulton County DA
Ga.'s Fani Willis mulls subpoenaing Trump himself to testify before grand jury in 2020 election probe
- The Georgia prosecutor investigating potential criminal interference in the 2020 presidential election is considering requesting that former President Donald Trump testify under oath to a grand jury, while several Georgia Republicans already subpoenaed as part of the probe have received letters informing them they're at risk of being indicted....
Ordered to Testify
Grand Jury in Georgia
Jul 12, 2022 12:11 AM CDT
Lindsey Graham Ordered to Testify Before Special Grand Jury in Georgia
Though there's still a long way to go
- Lindsey Graham has been ordered to testify before a special grand jury as part of its investigation into potential criminal interference by the Trump campaign in the 2020 presidential election in Georgia. A Fulton County judge on Monday declared the senator, who was among eight people in Donald Trump's...
Giuliani, Graham Subpoenaed
in Georgia Election Case
Jul 5, 2022 6:20 PM CDT
Giuliani, Graham Subpoenaed in Georgia Election Case
Investigation closes in on Trump's 'inner circle'
- The Georgia prosecutor investigating the conduct of former President Donald Trump and his allies after the 2020 election is subpoenaing US Sen. Lindsey Graham, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, and other members of Trump's campaign legal team to testify before a special grand jury. Fulton County District Attorney...
DOJ Officials Threatened
Mass Resignations: Testimony
Jun 23, 2022 7:30 PM CDT
DOJ Officials Threatened Mass Resignations: Testimony
Trump wanted to install an acting attorney general who'd investigate election
- Justice Department officials told the Jan. 6 committee Thursday of President Trump's efforts to enlist them in overthrowing the results of the 2020 presidential election in his last weeks in office, including a plan to install an election denier atop the agency and pressure them to declare the vote...
Sen. Ron Johnson Urged
to Resign After Jan. 6 Hearing
Jun 21, 2022 4:55 PM CDT
Sen. Ron Johnson Urged to Resign After Jan. 6 Hearing
On Jan. 6, aide told Pence team senator wanted to submit different list of electors
- Opponents called for Sen. Ron Johnson to resign Tuesday after it emerged at the Jan. 6 hearings that the Republican had allegedly planned to hand then-Vice President Mike Pence a list of fake pro-Trump electors minutes before Pence started certifying results on Jan. 6, 2021. Text message obtained by the...
Regarding Jan. 6 Hearings
Jun 14, 2022 1:04 AM CDT
Trump Issues 12-Page Statement Regarding Jan. 6 Hearings
Former president calls it a 'Kangaroo Court'
- Former President Trump on Monday released his response to the Jan. 6 hearings being held by a House committee, or, more accurately, he released 12 pages' worth of his responses to the hearings. The upshot, per the Hill , is that Trump still believes he won the 2020 election and is...
Barr: I Thought Trump Was
'Detached From Reality'
Jun 13, 2022 1:02 PM CDT
Barr: I Thought Trump Was 'Detached From Reality'
AG was 'demoralized' by former president's embrace of conspiracy theories
- One of the biggest lines in Day Two of the Jan. 6 committee hearings came in video testimony from former Attorney General William Barr, who said he thought then-President Donald Trump had become "detached from reality" as he continued to push election conspiracy theories despite having been assured that...
Former Fox Editor Defends
Controversial Call for Biden
Jun 13, 2022 12:04 PM CDT
Former Fox Editor Defends Controversial Call for Biden
Chris Stirewalt led team that called pivotal Arizona for Biden, angering Trump
- His is not a household name, but Chris Stirewalt made big waves on election night in 2020 in his role as a political editor for Fox News. On Day Two of a House panel's Jan. 6 hearings, Stirewalt testified Monday about his team's decision to call Arizona for...
Giuliani Faces Ethics Charge
Jun 11, 2022 2:15 PM CDT
Giuliani Faces Ethics Charge
Trump lawyer had claimed election fraud to court in Pennsylvania
- Rudy Giuliani could be prohibited from practicing law in the District of Columbia, after the disciplinary arm of the DC Bar filed an ethics case over his advocacy of false fraud claims in the 2020 presidential election. The charge involves claims Giuliani made in a federal court about a lawsuit...
Ginni Thomas Urged 29
Lawmakers to Override Vote
Jun 10, 2022 2:20 PM CDT
Ginni Thomas Urged 29 Lawmakers to Override Vote
She asked Arizona legislature members to work to overturn Trump's defeat
- In the days and weeks after then-President Donald Trump's election loss in 2020, dozens of Arizona lawmakers received emails from the wife of a US Supreme Court justice urging them to help overturn the result. The
, which reported last month that Virginia "Ginni" Thomas had emailed...
Was on Call on
How to Contest
May 21, 2022 8:30 AM CDT
Tech Bigwig Was on Call on How to Contest Trump's Loss
Sean Hannity, Lindsey Graham also said to be on call with ex-Oracle CEO Larry Ellison
- Larry Ellison recently popped up on
"10 Richest People in the World" list, but that's not why he's making headlines this week. The
is reporting on a "previously unknown dimension" of the efforts to contest former President Trump's loss in the 2020...
May 20, 2022 1:46 PM CDT
Has More Ginni Thomas Election Emails
They show she implored Arizona lawmakers to disregard 2020 vote, name 'clean' electors
has obtained more messages from Virginia "Ginni" Thomas in regard to her efforts to keep former President Trump in office. Thomas—wife of the Supreme Court's Clarence Thomas—emailed two Arizona lawmakers in November 2020 and implored them to disregard vote results showing a victory...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Everybody's Talking About 'Quiet Quitting'
Captain at Kobe Bryant Crash Leaves Stand 3 Times
She Was Gardening Before She Was Killed by an Alligator
Actor Pearlman's Cause of Death Revealed
Rand Paul Brings New Attention to Espionage Act
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.