Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Special Grand Jury to Be Seated
in Georgia Election Inquiry
Jan 25, 2022 12:00 AM CST
Special Grand Jury to Be Seated in Georgia Election Inquiry
Fulton County's Fani Willis is investigating whether Trump, others tried to interfere
Judges have approved a request for a special grand jury by the Georgia prosecutor who's investigating whether former President Donald Trump and others broke the law by trying to pressure Georgia officials to throw out Joe Biden's presidential election victory, the AP reports. The special grand jury...
Task Force Brings First Case
on Threats to Election Workers
Jan 21, 2022 5:12 PM CST
Task Force Brings First Case on Threats to Election Workers
Indictment says Texas man wanted to 'put a bullet' in Georgia official
- A Craigslist post saying "it's time to put a bullet" in a Georgia elections official has resulted in the indictment of a Texas man, prosecutors say. Chad Christopher Stark was charged Friday, CNN reports. The indictment says Stark posted the threat on Jan. 5, the day before the...
With NPR Has
Jan 12, 2022 10:15 AM CST
Trump Interview With NPR Has Abrupt End
Former president hangs up as he was being grilled on his false claims of election fraud
host Steven Inskeep nabbed an interview with former President Trump on Tuesday—after six years of trying. "It was scheduled for 15 minutes, but lasted just over nine," NPR reports, noting Trump—who hurled insults at Republican senators, including Mitch McConnell—ended the conversation abruptly...
Poll Workers Sue
Dec 23, 2021 5:00 PM CST
Falsely Accused Poll Workers Sue Giuliani, OAN
Two Georgia women already had filed against Gateway Pundit for defamation
: Two Georgia poll workers who sued a website have filed a new suit involving false claims that they committed ballot fraud in the 2020 election. Ruby Freeman and Wandrea "Shaye" Moss filed a defamation suit Thursday in Washington, saying One America News Network continued to accuse them of...
Man Sentenced to Prison
After Threats to CNN Anchors
Dec 21, 2021 8:14 AM CST
Man Sentenced to Prison After Threats to CNN Anchors
Robert Lemke also threatened members of Congress, including on Jan. 6
- A California man is headed to prison for three years after threatening 50 people who stated that President Biden won the 2020 presidential election, including CNN anchors and members of Congress. "We have armed members near your home," 36-year-old Robert Lemke, who claimed to be part of a...
3 Republicans in Florida
Accused of Voter Fraud
Dec 14, 2021 3:27 PM CST
3 Republicans in Florida Accused of Voter Fraud
Authorities say retirees cast ballots in more than one state
- Texas Lt. Gov Dan Patrick might have to cough up another voter fraud bounty : Three residents of a retirement community in central Florida have been arrested for allegedly voting more than once in the 2020 election,
reports. Jay Ketcik, Joan Halstead, and John Rider are each accused of...
Dec 2, 2021 7:00 PM CST
Judge Sanctions Pro-Trump Election Lawyers
9 attorneys, including Sydney Powell, had sued to block Biden's Michigan election victory
- Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, and seven other lawyers who sued to block President Biden's election victory in Michigan have been sanctioned by a federal judge. The lawsuit filed by the pro-Trump lawyers sought to decertify Michigan's vote, charging that public officials had illegally manipulated ballots in order to...
Now Include US
Nov 22, 2021 7:15 PM CST
'Backsliding Democracies' Now Include US
Group cites several factors, but the election fraud claim is the biggest
- The US has been experiencing a "visible deterioration" in its relationship with democracy since 2019, a think tank says. And the organization saw a "decline in the quality of freedom of association and assembly" during the protests after the killing of George Floyd last year. But "a...
Nov 18, 2021 4:04 PM CST
Iranian Men Charged With US Election Interference
Goals of online campaign were confusion and intimidation, officials say
- Two suspected Iranian computer hackers have been charged with election interference, accused of trying to intimidate American voters ahead of last year's US presidential election by sending threatening messages and spreading disinformation, the AP reports. The effort attracted publicity in the run-up to the November 2020 election, when law...
Mind on Trump
Nov 18, 2021 1:20 AM CST
Rupert Murdoch Speaks His Mind on Trump
Says former president should stop focusing on the past
- Rupert Murdoch doesn't often speak poorly—or, for that matter, at all—about former President Trump, but the News Corp founder let his opinion be known at the annual meeting of company stockholders Wednesday. Speaking of "the current American political debate," he said, "It is crucial...
Over 2020 Loss
Nov 11, 2021 8:37 AM CST
Chris Christie Zings Trump Over 2020 Loss
'When I ran for reelection in 2013, I got 60% of the vote'
- "I'm not going to get into a back-and-forth with Donald Trump," Chris Christie told Axios this week—although taunting the former president for losing last year's election seems like a guaranteed way to get into a back-and-forth with Donald Trump. "What I will say is...
for Capitol Riot
Oct 30, 2021 2:05 PM CDT
Trump Lawyer Blamed Pence for Capitol Riot
John Eastman pressured legal aide on election results during the attack
- John Eastman, a lawyer who was working with President Donald Trump to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election, took a moment to scold the vice president's team while the US Capitol was being attacked. Greg Jacob, Mike Pence's chief counsel, had already emailed Eastman that a...
to 'Parsons of
Oct 29, 2021 4:58 AM CDT
Responds to 'Parsons of the Press'
Editorial board defends printing Trump letter, 'even if his claims are bananas'
- After an uproar over a letter to the editor from Donald Trump, the
Wall Street Journal
's opinion desk has fired back against what it calls the "progressive parsons of the press," a group that apparently includes members of the paper's newsroom. An editorial published Thursday defended...
Reporters Aren't Happy
About Letter From Trump
Oct 28, 2021 8:55 AM CDT
Reporters Aren't Happy About Letter From Trump
Paper's opinion side published election claims newsroom had debunked
Wall Street Journal
reporters aren't happy about a letter to the editor from a certain Donald J. Trump of Palm Beach that was published Wednesday. CNN reports that the decision to publish the letter—which claimed the 2020 election was "rigged" and included a long list of debunked...
Earns Voter Fraud Bounty
Oct 21, 2021 5:35 PM CDT
Republican's Conviction Earns Voter Fraud Bounty
Fund set up to back Trump claims pays in Pennsylvania case
- This might not be quite how Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick imagined his voter fraud tip line would work. With former President Donald Trump rejecting the results of the 2020 presidential elections, Patrick announced last November that he'd set up a $1 million fund to reward tipsters who reported...
Arizona Audit Gives
Biden 99 More Votes
Sep 24, 2021 4:04 AM CDT
Arizona Audit Gives Biden 99 More Votes
'Was there massive fraud or anything? It doesn’t look like it,' spokesman says
- A widely criticized partisan audit of the 2020 election results in Arizona's Maricopa County cost around $6 million—which, according to a draft report detailing its findings, works out to almost $60,000 for every extra vote it found for President Biden. The
reports that rather than...
Sep 22, 2021 10:05 AM CDT
Report: Trump Campaign Memo Debunked Claims on Dominion
Lawyers touted baseless claims after Nov. 14 memo declared them false, per 'NYT'
- The Trump campaign knew claims that Dominion used its voting machines to rig the 2020 presidential election were baseless within days of the election, before lawsuits were filed to that effect and lawyers touted the claims as fact in a Nov. 19 televised press conference , the
New York Times
Book: 'Third Grade'
Case for Voter
Sep 20, 2021 5:12 PM CDT
Book: 'Third Grade' Case for Voter Fraud Left Graham Cold
Giuliani's presentation after the election didn't convince senator, 'Peril' says
- Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham sat through a presentation at the White House in January by Rudy Giuliani and his team billed as a demonstration of how former President Trump was cheated out of a second term in the 2020 election. But that's not what Graham saw. There were theories...
Right-Wing Activists Face $5M
Fine for Election Disinformation
Aug 25, 2021 10:35 AM CDT
Right-Wing Activists Face $5M Fine for Election Disinformation
FCC proposes largest ever fine for TCPA violation for Jacob Wohl, Jack Burkman
- Two conservative activists were trying to suppress minority voters in largely Democratic areas when they made more than 1,100 unlawful robocalls offering false claims about mail-in voting in the 2020 presidential election, according to the FCC , which hopes to levy its largest fine ever proposed for a robocall operation...
Court: Arizona Senate
Can't Keep 'Audit'
Records Under Wraps
Aug 20, 2021 12:50 PM CDT
Court: Arizona Senate Can't Keep 'Audit' Records Under Wraps
It's a defeat for state Republicans, who plan to appeal
- An appeals court on Thursday rejected an effort by the Arizona Senate to keep secret records of its ongoing review of the 2020 election in Maricopa County that are in the possession of the contractors conducting the recount. The Arizona Court of Appeals ruled that the documents sought by the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
'Stealth Omicron' Has Arrived in the US
After 6 Years in Jail for Staying Mum on Gold, a New Roadblock
Man Fired, Charged After Rant in Smoothie Store
In This City, a US First on Gun Ownership
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.