Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read recent happy news and other uplifting news stories from around the world on Newser.com
Stories 21 - 40 |
After Bride's Luggage Is
Lost, Scots Save the Day
Jun 23, 2022 1:03 PM CDT
After Bride's Luggage Is Lost, Scots Save the Day
'Skye is an amazing place,' says photographer Rosie Woodhouse, who asked locals for a favor
- After two years of planning and $15,000 invested, Amanda and Paul Riesel were finally ready to tie the knot on Scotland’s Isle of Skye, which would mean an eight-hour flight from their home state of Florida. It ended up taking three days. "It was delay, delay, delay,...
for Ukraine, Gets
Jun 21, 2022 6:20 AM CDT
Nobel Winner Sells Medal for Ukraine, Gets Huge Price
Journalist Dmitry Muratov's gold prize went for a staggering $103.5M; proceeds will go to UNICEF
- Ukrainian children and their families who've been uprooted from their homes due to the Russian-led invasion are about to get a boost from a benevolent benefactor. Dmitry Muratov, editor-in-chief of Russia's independent
newspaper, announced earlier this year that he was selling the gold Nobel Peace Prize...
She Hit the Wrong Pedal,
but a Teen Saved Her Life
Jun 16, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
She Hit the Wrong Pedal, but a Teen Saved Her Life
Anthony Zhongor, 17, rescued Mia Samolinski, 18, from Long Island's Patchogue Bay
- A scary moment led to a heroic one this week at Long Island's Patchogue Bay. A 17-year-old named Anthony Zhongor rescued 18-year-old Mia Samolinski after she hit the gas instead of the brake on her SUV and plunged into the bay from a parking lot, reports NBC News . The...
'Something So Simple' Earns
Cheers for High School Athlete
Jun 16, 2022 7:31 AM CDT
'Something So Simple' Earns Cheers for High School Athlete
After a heartbreaking loss, this Va. baseball catcher's handshake with ump went viral
- Ask catcher Eric Fila and he'll shrug off his post-loss handshake with the umpire as no big deal. But a video of his gesture now has nearly a million views and is earning the high school baseball player from Virginia pats on the back for his sportsmanship in the...
Boy Unable to 'Speak or Listen'
Rescued After 5 Days in Well
Jun 15, 2022 1:38 PM CDT
Boy Unable to 'Speak or Listen' Rescued After 5 Days in Well
'The whole of Chhattisgarh is celebrating' Rahul Sahu's retrieval: official
- Rescuers in India have managed to save a 10-year-old boy who was trapped for almost five days in an 80-foot well. Rahul Sahu fell 60 feet into the well in the village of Janjgir in Chhattisgarh state, per the BBC , which reports such uncovered wells are common in the country'...
Facing Eviction, Woman Gets
Surprise From Her Neighbors
Jun 13, 2022 3:54 PM CDT
Facing Eviction, Woman Gets Surprise From Her Neighbors
They rally to buy her home in Minneapolis for her
- A 70-year-old woman facing eviction from her longtime residence in Minneapolis not only gets to stay—she now owns the house outright. The
have the remarkable story of Linda Taylor, whose landlord gave her a two-month ultimatum last year year: She could buy the home...
Jun 10, 2022 8:08 AM CDT
Daring Rescue Rewarded: 'We Need More Anthonys in the World'
Chicago man Anthony Perry, 20, pulled a man off electrified rail at subway station
- A Chicago man who jumped onto train tracks to rescue someone who'd fallen onto an electrified rail at an L station earned more than praise for his heroic act: He's also been given a car. Anthony Perry, 20, was surprised this week with a 2009 Audi A8 from...
Dog Who Saved Owner
From Mountain Lion Dies
Jun 9, 2022 1:43 PM CDT
Dog Who Saved Owner From Mountain Lion Dies
'We said goodbye,' owner writes of Eva
A sad coda to the story of a life-saving dog—Eva has died from injuries sustained while protecting her owner from a mountain lion, reports the
San Francisco Chronicle
. "We said goodbye," owner Erin Wilson wrote on a GoFundMe page for her dog's vet bills. The...
Guy Pushing Sleeping
Jun 9, 2022 1:39 AM CDT
Guy Pushing Sleeping 2-Year-Old Wins Buffalo Marathon
Lucas McAneney has been training with his young son
- When Lucas McAneney crossed the finish line of the Buffalo Marathon in first place, his sleeping toddler son technically crossed it before him. McAneney, 35, pushed his son Sutton, 2, in a stroller for the entire race, and still managed to win it, the CBC reports. McAneney, a longtime competitive...
You Find $36K Inside
Free Couch. Now What?
in case you missed it
Jun 5, 2022 4:30 PM CDT
You Find $36K Inside Free Couch. Now What?
Vicky Umodu of California immediately returned the money
- California's Vicky Umodu has provided everyone with an ethical yardstick: She found $36,000 in cash hidden in a couch she picked up for free on Craigslist—and immediately returned the money, reports
. As it turns out, nobody would have been the wiser had she quietly kept the...
Mets Fan Makes Truly Wild
Jun 1, 2022 1:20 PM CDT
Mets Fan Makes Truly Wild One-Handed Catch
Alan Alcantara had his toddler in his other hand
- To catch a home-run ball barehanded is impressive enough, but try holding a small child at the same time. A New York Mets fan managed that feat, leading Fox Sports to dub it the "catch of the year, no question about it." Queens resident Alan Alcantara was in...
Boy Thrown From
Tate Modern Goes
in the Pool Again
May 30, 2022 2:00 AM CDT
Boy Thrown From Tate Modern Goes in the Pool Again
9-year-old continues to improve
The boy who was hurled from a viewing platform at London's Tate Modern museum in 2019 is doing better than doctors had predicted, his family says in a new update posted to a GoFundMe campaign set up to help with his recovery. "We were able to celebrate...
Meet Anya and Irina, Welcome
News for Their Species
May 29, 2022 7:46 AM CDT
Meet Anya and Irina, Welcome News for Their Species
Rare Amur leopard cubs are doing well at St. Louis Zoo
- Two much-welcomed new arrivals are doing well at the St. Louis Zoo, and they have what St. Louis Public Radio describes as "computerized dating" to thank for their existence. Anya and Irina are rare Amur leopard cubs who were born last month to parents Dot and Samson. Only about...
Man's 'Space-Age' Procedure
Has Freed Him From His Pain
in case you missed it
May 29, 2022 7:10 AM CDT
Man's 'Space-Age' Procedure Has Freed Him From His Pain
Scotland's Steven Gallagher, who suffers from sclerodoma, praises his double hand transplant
- For years, Steven Gallagher has suffered from pain in his arms and hands, not finding relief even after an operation to address what he believed at the time was carpal tunnel syndrome. Turns out the Scotsman actually has an autoimmune disease that scars the skin and his inner organs, and...
Obama, Kid Who Rubbed His
Head in Famous Pic Reunite
May 28, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Obama, Kid Who Rubbed His Head in Famous Pic Reunite
Jacob Philadelphia, 5 when Pete Souza snapped photo, is now 18 and about to graduate high school
- Not every kid gets a video call from former President Barack Obama when they graduate high school. Jacob Philadelphia isn't just any kid, however. In 2009, Jacob, whose dad then served on the National Security Council, visited the White House as a 5-year-old and met up with Obama in...
May 27, 2022 9:00 AM CDT
Teen Has Heart Attack After Massive Horse Kick
'I'm not going to die today' a determined 16-year-old Dalton Bruton thought
- For 16-year-old Dalton Bruton, being around horses has always been a "calming experience." Not so much last week, when the Oklahoma teen got kicked so hard by one that he ended up having a heart attack. KFOR reports on the May 19 incident on the horse farm owned...
He's the No. 1 Josh
in America. Again
May 23, 2022 9:19 AM CDT
He's the No. 1 Josh in America. Again
Jokey battle of the Joshes turns into charity event for 2nd straight year
- A couple of hundred people grabbed their pool noodles and headed to a Nebraska park again this weekend to battle over the right to the name Josh, per the AP . The event started as an online joke when Josh Swain from Tucson, Ariz., sent out a tweet challenging anyone who...
for Sandwich Sells
for 'Surreal' Price
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
May 21, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Painting Swapped for Sandwich Sells for 'Surreal' Price
Maud Lewis work fetches $272K at auction, 10 times higher than expected
: A painting bartered for a grilled cheese sandwich almost half a century ago has sold for enough money to buy a restaurant. "Black Truck" by renowned Canadian folk artist Maud Lewis sold at auction for $272,000, 10 times the assessed value and a record for a work...
KFC Worker Calls 911 After
Customer Writes Note for Help
May 19, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
KFC Worker Calls 911 After Customer Writes Note for Help
Woman told Memphis police that her boyfriend was holding her against her will
- A Memphis woman told police her partner was holding her against her will, had confiscated her phone, and punched her in the face when she tried to leave. That she was able to speak to police was thanks to her quick thinking, and a KFC worker who took action. The...
18-Year-Old Fan Fills in
for Pearl Jam's Drummer
May 16, 2022 4:19 PM CDT
18-Year-Old Fan Fills in for Pearl Jam's Drummer
Kai Neukermans contacted band after Matt Cameron tested positive for COVID
- Days after 18-year-old Kai Neukermans went to a Pearl Jam concert in Inglewood, California, he found himself drumming for the grunge legends at their Oakland concert. The high school student has played at big festivals with his band The Alive, but he tells
that the Friday gig at the...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Lindsey Graham Gets Bad News From Federal Judge
Frantic Parents Tased, Arrested Amid Arizona School Lockdown
Rep Confirms Heche's Death as Exes Grieve
Trump: US 'Temperature Has to Be Brought Down'
Captain Cook's Endeavour Is Being Wrecked Again
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.