Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Mean to Post About
Feb 2, 2023 5:20 PM CST
Netflix Didn't Mean to Post About Password Crackdown
Mistake gives customers a first look at what's under consideration
- Netflix has taken down guidelines on its password sharing crackdown posted prematurely Wednesday on its FAQ pages for US customers. The information applied to trials it's running in Chile, Peru, and Costa Rica, the
reports. The post was customers' first look at what the company is planning, per...
Isn't Who You
Think She Is
Jan 27, 2023 11:38 AM CST
Pam Anderson Isn't Who You Think She Is
'LAT' op-ed says new memoir, documentary show a survivor who doesn't dwell on the past
- Prince Harry's memoir has been all the rage this month, but another one is about to drop that's already stealing away some of those headlines.
, penned by
star Pamela Anderson, is set for release on Tuesday, as is
Pamela: A Love Story
, a complementary documentary...
'Netflix Curse' Hits
Australia Open Players
Jan 24, 2023 9:03 PM CST
'Netflix Curse' Hits Australia Open Players
None of the 10 players featured in 'Break Point' made it to tournament's second week
- The first Grand Slam tournament has been wall-to-wall failure for tennis stars affected by the so-called "Netflix curse." Out of the 10 top tennis players featured in Netflix documentary
, which came out last week, three didn't even make it to the Australian Open, the
Netflix Announces Surprise
Jan 20, 2023 7:37 AM CST
Netflix Announces Surprise Leadership Shake-Up
Co-founder Reed Hastings steps down as co-CEO, will stay on as executive chairman
- Netflix has a new co-CEO. Greg Peters, who has been serving as the streaming service's chief operating officer, will now take the helm alongside Ted Sarandos, replacing co-founder Reed Hastings, reports the Verge . Hastings will stick around as the company's executive chairman, "a role that founders often...
Could Be Very
Jan 18, 2023 12:10 PM CST
Netflix's Next Flight Attendant Could Be Very Well Paid
Job listing suggests compensation tops out at $385K
- Netflix has a slot open on its "dream crew," and applicants don't need to know the difference between a gaffer and a key grip. That's because this crew isn't focused on the company's TV and movie slate but on Netflix Aviation, and it's...
Netflix to Make
Investment in Jersey
Dec 22, 2022 7:22 AM CST
Netflix to Make 'Transformative' Investment in Jersey
Streaming company is planning $900M facility at former Army base at Jersey Shore
- Netflix said Wednesday it plans to build a state-of-the-art production facility at a former Army base at the Jersey Shore that will cost more than $900 million and create thousands of jobs. The California-based company will pay $55 million for a 292-acre site on the former Fort Monmouth military base...
Harry: William Screaming
at Me Was 'Terrifying'
Dec 15, 2022 6:40 AM CST
Harry: William Screaming at Me Was 'Terrifying'
And Meghan describes being 'fed to the wolves,' in final 3 episodes of Netflix's 'Harry & Meghan'
- If there were any hopes that Netflix's
Harry & Meghan
would somehow reconcile Prince Harry and Prince William, those hopes were further dashed Thursday with the release of the final three installments of the six-episode series. Per CNBC , the fifth episode delves into what's described as an "...
Harry and Meghan's Netflix
Trailers Are Being Picked Apart
Dec 6, 2022 8:43 AM CST
Harry and Meghan's Netflix Trailers Are Being Picked Apart
Images that show a hounding press have no actual connection to the couple
- The first three episodes of Prince Harry and Meghan's Netflix docuseries don't drop until Thursday, but the critics are already coming for them. The first trailer for
Harry & Meghan
released last Thursday features the prince saying "I had to do everything I could to protect my...
In Netflix Trailer,
Doesn't Hold Back
Dec 5, 2022 9:35 AM CST
In Netflix Trailer, Prince Harry Doesn't Hold Back
He references the 'pain and suffering of women marrying into this institution'
- Prince Harry and Meghan's Netflix docuseries has a release date, and those eager to watch the six-part series—described as showing "the other side" of the couple's "high-profile love story," per
—won't have to wait long. The first three episodes of
Some Diehard Fans Still
Get Netflix DVDs by Mail
Dec 4, 2022 9:01 PM CST
Some Diehard Fans Still Get Netflix DVDs by Mail
There could still be 1.5M subscribers, but don't assume they're all technophobes
- Netflix's trailblazing DVD-by-mail rental service has been relegated as a relic in the age of video streaming, but there is still a steady—albeit shrinking—audience of diehards like Amanda Konkle who are happily paying to receive those discs in the iconic red-and-white envelopes. "When you open your...
Oct 22, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
Say Goodbye to Mooching Netflix Passwords
Starting in 2023, free added profiles will have to be paid for as a 'sub-account' or create own new account
- If you've been watching Netflix using a shared password, those free viewing days are about to come to an end. The streaming service announced this week that, starting in "early 2023," just one "home" will be allowed per account, while those extra profiles that many people...
Oct 20, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Growing Chorus Urges Disclaimer on
Dame Judi Dench says 'cruelly unjust' storylines on Netflix show risk damaging the monarchy
- Netflix balked at a request by the UK's then-culture secretary to put a disclaimer on
—one that would make clear that its portrayal of the British royal family isn't accurate—with the release of the show's fourth season, which portrayed a tumultuous time in Charles...
Netflix Subscriber Decline?
What Subscriber Decline?
Oct 19, 2022 4:24 AM CDT
Netflix Subscriber Decline? What Subscriber Decline?
'Stranger Things,' 'Dahmer' help streaming service, big-time
- So much for Netflix's problem with subscriber decline. During the last quarter, 2.4 million new subscribers joined the streaming service, the company announced Tuesday. Not only did that reverse the two quarters of subscriber loss the company had previously experienced, it's more than double the million that...
Netflix's Cheaper Option
Drops November 3
Oct 14, 2022 9:50 AM CDT
Netflix's Cheaper Option Drops November 3
$6.99 monthly plan will have ads
- The change that Netflix has long resisted is almost here: The platform will roll out a cheaper version of its offerings with ads next month. Starting Nov. 3, people will have the option of paying $6.99 a month for a service known as "basic with ads," reports...
in Netflix History
Oct 12, 2022 5:05 PM CDT
Is 2nd-Biggest English-Language Hit in Netflix History
It's behind only 'Stranger Things 4'
- Netflix's Jeffrey Dahmer series has been panned by critics —and by the relatives of victims, who say they weren't consulted or notified—but it has still been a huge hit for the streaming service. Deadline reports that
Dahmer—Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story
is now the second...
Shania's Reference to 'Air'
in New Song Is Revealing
Sep 30, 2022 12:30 PM CDT
Shania's Reference to 'Air' in New Song Is Revealing
Singer, 57, says in Netflix documentary it's about her life-threatening bout with COVID
- A new Shania Twain documentary,
Not Just a Girl
, debuted over the summer on Netflix , and one portion is now gaining traction. The film tracks the 57-year-old Canadian singer and songwriter as she puts together her sixth album, and the BBC describes one of the songs on it—"What...
Netflix Drops LGBTQ Tag
From Dahmer Series
Sep 30, 2022 9:53 AM CDT
Netflix Drops LGBTQ Tag From Dahmer Series
'This is not the representation we're looking for'
- "This is not the representation we're looking for," one TikTok user said after Netflix applied its LGBTQ tag to the new series
Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story
. Netflix has now pulled the tag after a backlash from users, who said that while the notorious serial killer was...
Family of Dahmer Victim
Angry at Netflix Over Series
Sep 27, 2022 1:15 PM CDT
Family of Dahmer Victim Angry at Netflix Over Series
'They're just making money off of this tragedy'
- Netflix says
Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story
, a new crime drama series chronicling the life of the serial killer who killed 17 men and boys over 13 years, centers "around the underserved victims and their communities impacted by the systemic racism and institutional failures of the police." But...
It's a Draw in Suit
Over 'Sexist' Remark
Sep 7, 2022 9:25 AM CDT
It's a Draw in Suit Over 'Sexist' Remark in
Netflix, Nona Gaprindashvili agree to settle defamation claim
- Netflix had the chance to publicly apologize to Nona Gaprindashvili. It didn't, and as a result faced a $5 million defamation lawsuit from the Georgian chess master, which it has now agreed to settle. Financial details weren't disclosed, per Deadline , though a lawyer for 81-year-old Gaprindashvili says Gaprindashvili'...
Gulf Nations Tell Netflix
to Remove 'Offensive Content'
Sep 6, 2022 6:26 PM CDT
Gulf Nations Tell Netflix to Remove 'Offensive Content'
Request involves programs that 'contradict Islamic and societal values'
- Gulf Arab countries on Tuesday asked Netflix to remove "offensive content" on the streaming service, apparently targeting programs that show gays and lesbians, per the AP. A joint statement issued on behalf of a committee of the Gulf Cooperation Council made the request, saying the unspecified programs "contradict...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
'Unapproved' Schools Illustrate an Education Trend
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.