Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Drops Out of
May 31, 2012 5:35 PM CDT
Buddy Roemer Drops Out of 2012 Race
Wasn't able to get on ballot in all 50 states
- The man you may not have known was in the 2012 race is officially out: Buddy Roemer suspended his presidential campaign today, per an announcement on his website. "After 17 months of a wonderful campaign, the lack of ballot access in all 50 states makes the quest impossible for...
Mounts Indie Run
Feb 22, 2012 10:41 AM CST
GOP's Roemer Mounts Indie Run
He'll jump into fray with Americans Elect and Reform Party
- A GOP candidate is dropping out of the presidential primary race—not that most people ever knew he was in it. Buddy Roemer is ending his long-shot GOP bid , and exchanging it for an even longer-shot independent bid, the former Louisiana governor announced today. "I have decided to take...
to Join GOP Field
Jul 18, 2011 12:49 PM CDT
Buddy Roemer to Join GOP Field
Former Louisiana governor to launch his campaign on Thursday
- Another contender is set to shake up the GOP field, and we won’t blame you if your reaction is "Who?" Former Louisiana Gov. Buddy Roemer will formally announce his candidacy on Thursday, Politico reports. "We’re ready to move forward," Roemer’s campaign director confirms. "...
On Day 1 as
Mar 8, 2011 6:45 AM CST
Gingrich: On Day 1 as President I'll...
GOP hopeful outlines first day in Oval Office
- Newt Gingrich is still testing the waters for a 2012 White House run but he's already got a plan for his first day in the Oval Office. Gingrich—one of five GOP hopefuls who met voters in Iowa last night—issued a leaflet listing four executive orders that "whoever...
Popular on Newser
Musk Kicks Kanye West Off Twitter
Freak Wave Slams Cruise Ship, Claims Life of Passenger
NYC Job Will Pay Up to $170K, but It's a 'Daunting' One
Warnock Leads, Obama Mocks, but Walker Stays Close
Cops: Woman Shut Off Roomie's Ventilator Because Sound Bothered Her
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.