Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Moans and Worse Heard
Over Airline's PA System
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Oct 1, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Moans and Worse Heard Over Airline's PA System
American blames technical glitch, but internet sleuths aren't so sure
- "Explosive diarrhea, vomiting, and a weird, vaguely sexual moan." Per Gizmodo , that’s how film producer and actor Emerson Collins described the sounds emanating from the public announcement system on an American Airlines flight from LA to Dallas on Sept. 6. In the video , which Collins posted last...
FBI Detains Man After
'Unprovoked' Attack on
Sep 22, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
FBI Detains Man After 'Unprovoked' Attack on Flight Attendant
Witness says American Airlines passenger claimed he was the Messiah
- He wasn't the Messiah, he was a very unruly passenger. A man was detained Wednesday after allegedly attacking a flight attendant on an American Airlines flight to Los Angeles from San Jose del Cabo in Mexico, and a witness says the man started shouting about being the Messiah after...
Aug 23, 2022 2:18 PM CDT
The Best US Airlines, Ranked
The Points Guy crowns Delta as king
- The Points Guy website is out with its annual ranking of US airlines, and Delta comes out on top by a rather comfortable margin. The top-10 ranking takes into account all the factors you'd expect—on-time flights, cancellations, general reliability, cost, scheduling, frequent-flier perks, and more. Here are the...
American Airlines Places
Order for 20 Supersonic Jets
Aug 17, 2022 12:21 PM CDT
American Airlines Places Order for 20 Supersonic Jets
Boom Supersonic expects the Overture to debut in 2029
- American Airlines has agreed to buy up to 20 supersonic jets and put down a non-refundable deposit on the planes, which are still on the drawing board and years away from flying. Neither American nor the manufacturer Boom Supersonic would provide financial details Tuesday, including the size of American's...
Woman Says She Was
Banned From Flight After
Using 'Teacher Voice'
Aug 10, 2022 4:11 PM CDT
Woman Says She Was Banned From Flight After Using 'Teacher Voice'
She says American Airlines manager didn't like her tone
- Kyleema Norman, a deputy superintendent at the New York City Department of Education, says she used her "teacher voice" to speak to airline staffers about a delay—and ended up getting barred from her American Airlines flight because a staffer didn't like her tone. Norman tells the
Man Accused of Stealing
More Than $10K Mid-Flight
Jul 8, 2022 1:29 PM CDT
Man Accused of Stealing More Than $10K Mid-Flight
He was arrested after flight from Argentina landed in Miami
- A passenger seen pacing the aisles during a flight from Buenos Aires to Miami wasn't a nervous flier, he was a larcenous one, authorities say. Court documents state that flight attendants observed the passenger, 29-year-old Diego Sebastian Radio, behaving suspiciously, walking up and down the plane and sitting in...
Pulls Out of 3 Cities
Jun 20, 2022 4:36 PM CDT
American Airlines Pulls Out of 3 Cities
American blames shortage of regional pilots
- Saying it's running short of pilots, American Airlines has dropped regional service to three cities. Flights at airports in Toledo, Ohio; Ithaca, New York; and Islip, New York, will end Sept. 7, the Hill reports. A spokesperson said the airline will contact travelers who have a ticket for a...
Lawsuit: Bad Move From
Airline Sent Man to Jail
Jun 8, 2022 6:08 PM CDT
Lawsuit: Bad Move From Airline Sent Man to Jail
'If it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone'
- An Arizona man says a mistake by American Airlines led to a nightmarish 17-day ordeal that he's still not fully recovered from. According to a lawsuit filed against the airline by Michael Lowe, American wrongly identified him to police as a person seen on surveillance video breaking into a...
'Unruly' Passenger Wanted
to Get Off the Plane Badly
Apr 20, 2022 9:03 AM CDT
'Unruly' Passenger Wanted to Get Off the Plane Badly
Cynthia McKnight facing charges after allegedly opening door, inflating slide at Buffalo airport
- An unruly passenger escaped an American Airlines flight preparing to takeoff from Buffalo Niagara International Airport on Tuesday in a most dramatic fashion: down the emergency exit slide, according to reports. Buffalo Bills offensive tackle Spencer Brown, a passenger on the flight, tweeted about the woman's outburst, which resulted...
American Airlines' New
Connecting Flights Are Buses
Apr 8, 2022 9:40 AM CDT
American Airlines' New Connecting Flights Are Buses
Airline is adding road routes between airports in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- American Airlines passengers in Pennsylvania and New Jersey may find themselves on an unusual connecting "flight"—one that makes use of a bus instead of a plane. Airline Weekly reports that the airline has hired the Landline bus company to ferry passengers between Philadelphia International Airport and smaller...
American Airlines Is
Bringing Back Alcohol
Mar 18, 2022 8:00 AM CDT
American Airlines Is Bringing Back Alcohol
Airline says service will be restored April 18
- The federal mask mandate for airline passengers expires on April 18, and while it's not clear whether it will be extended, American Airlines has decided that's the right day to bring back alcohol service. The move will make American, while is also bringing back food, the last major...
Flight Attendant Yelled, Then
Plane Began Rapid Descent
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Feb 19, 2022 11:45 AM CST
Flight Attendant Yelled, Then Plane Began Rapid Descent
American Airlines flight diverted due to unruly passenger
- Passengers on American Airlines flight 1775 Sunday afternoon say they heard one flight attendant yell to another to turn the lights on, they were switched back on abruptly, and then, with no warning, the plane began a rapid descent. The problem? An unruly passenger, the airline says. The plane, which...
Air Passenger Gropes Flight
Attendant, Is Going to Prison
Jan 28, 2022 2:22 PM CST
Air Passenger Gropes Flight Attendant, Is Going to Prison
Canadian national gets 6-month sentence for American Airlines assault
- Another ugly incident in the skies: A 50-year-old Canadian man has been sentenced to six months in a US prison after he groped a flight attendant, reports NBC News . Enio Socorro Zayas was sentenced this week in a Florida federal court after his assault on an American Airlines employee on...
Is the Best
of All Major
Jan 28, 2022 10:30 AM CST
This Airline Is the Best of All Major US Carriers
'WSJ' puts Delta at the top of its annual list, JetBlue at the bottom
- Between industrywide woes , unruly passengers , and sharing a name with a coronavirus variant, one could say the pandemic has not been kind to Delta Air Lines. Now, a bit of good news has come Delta's way, as it takes the top spot in the
Wall Street Journal
Flight to London Turns Back
After Woman Won't Mask Up
Jan 21, 2022 12:31 AM CST
Flight to London Turns Back After Woman Won't Mask Up
American Airlines flight landed back in Miami
- En route from Miami to London, an American Airlines flight instead ended up back where it started Wednesday night due to a mask-refusing passenger. Authorities say "a disruptive customer refusing to comply with the federal mask requirement" forced the Boeing 777 to fly all 129 passengers back to Miami...
Airlines Have a Dire
Warning on 5G Rollout
Jan 18, 2022 6:48 AM CST
Airlines Have a Dire Warning on 5G Rollout
They say it could lead to 'catastrophic' flight disruptions
- Verizon and AT&T are set to deploy new 5G service Wednesday—and in a letter to federal officials Monday, major airlines warned there could be "catastrophic" consequences. As Axios notes, the dispute between the airlines and the wireless companies has been going on a while, with the aviation...
Boarding on This American
Flight Got a Little Weird
Jan 12, 2022 7:31 AM CST
Boarding on This American Flight Got a Little Weird
Man storms cockpit, seems to try to climb out window on flight from Honduras bound for Miami
- An American Airlines flight from Honduras to Miami got a very late start on Tuesday, but it wasn't due to inclement weather, mechanical issues, or tardy crew members. Instead, per the
New York Times
, a "more novel reason" was behind the delay: an unruly passenger who broke into...
Airline CEOs Say Masks
Don't Do Much for Passengers
Dec 16, 2021 5:35 PM CST
Airline CEOs Say Masks Don't Do Much for Passengers
American, Southwest do some clarifying after backlash on testimony
- While flight crews battle unruly passengers, most of whom refuse to put on a mask for their trip, the bosses of a couple of major airlines told Congress that the masks don't do much good anyway. "I think the case is very strong that masks don't add...
Dreamliner Delay Cuts Into
American's International Flights
Dec 9, 2021 4:35 PM CST
Dreamliner Delay Cuts Into American's International Flights
Boeing hasn't delivered any of the jetliners in a year
- American Airlines is dropping some international flights for next summer because Boeing has failed to deliver planes that the airline ordered, according to an internal memo Thursday. Boeing has been unable to deliver its 787 jetliner, which it calls the Dreamliner, for about a year because of a series of...
Stowaway Endures Over 2-Hour
Flight Inside Plane Landing Gear
Nov 28, 2021 7:00 AM CST
Stowaway Endures Over 2-Hour Flight Inside Plane Landing Gear
Temperatures likely hovered below zero
- Federal authorities have taken into custody a 26-year-old man who apparently stowed away in the landing gear compartment of an American Airlines fight that arrived at Miami International Airport from Guatemala on Saturday morning, per the AP. The man was in the wheel well area when the flight arrived...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
From Sleeper Hit to 'Generational Anthem'
How the Most Precious Color on Earth Vanished
He Killed Parents, Classmates. His Sister Tells Her Story
She Is One of Only Eight in the World
Odd Hack for Panic Attacks Goes Viral on TikTok
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.