Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Pulls Out of 3 Cities
Jun 20, 2022 4:36 PM CDT
American Airlines Pulls Out of 3 Cities
American blames shortage of regional pilots
- Saying it's running short of pilots, American Airlines has dropped regional service to three cities. Flights at airports in Toledo, Ohio; Ithaca, New York; and Islip, New York, will end Sept. 7, the Hill reports. A spokesperson said the airline will contact travelers who have a ticket for a...
Lawsuit: Bad Move From
Airline Sent Man to Jail
Jun 8, 2022 6:08 PM CDT
Lawsuit: Bad Move From Airline Sent Man to Jail
'If it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone'
- An Arizona man says a mistake by American Airlines led to a nightmarish 17-day ordeal that he's still not fully recovered from. According to a lawsuit filed against the airline by Michael Lowe, American wrongly identified him to police as a person seen on surveillance video breaking into a...
'Unruly' Passenger Wanted
to Get Off the Plane Badly
Apr 20, 2022 9:03 AM CDT
'Unruly' Passenger Wanted to Get Off the Plane Badly
Cynthia McKnight facing charges after allegedly opening door, inflating slide at Buffalo airport
- An unruly passenger escaped an American Airlines flight preparing to takeoff from Buffalo Niagara International Airport on Tuesday in a most dramatic fashion: down the emergency exit slide, according to reports. Buffalo Bills offensive tackle Spencer Brown, a passenger on the flight, tweeted about the woman's outburst, which resulted...
American Airlines' New
Connecting Flights Are Buses
Apr 8, 2022 9:40 AM CDT
American Airlines' New Connecting Flights Are Buses
Airline is adding road routes between airports in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- American Airlines passengers in Pennsylvania and New Jersey may find themselves on an unusual connecting "flight"—one that makes use of a bus instead of a plane. Airline Weekly reports that the airline has hired the Landline bus company to ferry passengers between Philadelphia International Airport and smaller...
American Airlines Is
Bringing Back Alcohol
Mar 18, 2022 8:00 AM CDT
American Airlines Is Bringing Back Alcohol
Airline says service will be restored April 18
- The federal mask mandate for airline passengers expires on April 18, and while it's not clear whether it will be extended, American Airlines has decided that's the right day to bring back alcohol service. The move will make American, while is also bringing back food, the last major...
Flight Attendant Yelled, Then
Plane Began Rapid Descent
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Feb 19, 2022 11:45 AM CST
Flight Attendant Yelled, Then Plane Began Rapid Descent
American Airlines flight diverted due to unruly passenger
- Passengers on American Airlines flight 1775 Sunday afternoon say they heard one flight attendant yell to another to turn the lights on, they were switched back on abruptly, and then, with no warning, the plane began a rapid descent. The problem? An unruly passenger, the airline says. The plane, which...
Air Passenger Gropes Flight
Attendant, Is Going to Prison
Jan 28, 2022 2:22 PM CST
Air Passenger Gropes Flight Attendant, Is Going to Prison
Canadian national gets 6-month sentence for American Airlines assault
- Another ugly incident in the skies: A 50-year-old Canadian man has been sentenced to six months in a US prison after he groped a flight attendant, reports NBC News . Enio Socorro Zayas was sentenced this week in a Florida federal court after his assault on an American Airlines employee on...
Is the Best
of All Major
Jan 28, 2022 10:30 AM CST
This Airline Is the Best of All Major US Carriers
'WSJ' puts Delta at the top of its annual list, JetBlue at the bottom
- Between industrywide woes , unruly passengers , and sharing a name with a coronavirus variant, one could say the pandemic has not been kind to Delta Air Lines. Now, a bit of good news has come Delta's way, as it takes the top spot in the
Wall Street Journal
Flight to London Turns Back
After Woman Won't Mask Up
Jan 21, 2022 12:31 AM CST
Flight to London Turns Back After Woman Won't Mask Up
American Airlines flight landed back in Miami
- En route from Miami to London, an American Airlines flight instead ended up back where it started Wednesday night due to a mask-refusing passenger. Authorities say "a disruptive customer refusing to comply with the federal mask requirement" forced the Boeing 777 to fly all 129 passengers back to Miami...
Airlines Have a Dire
Warning on 5G Rollout
Jan 18, 2022 6:48 AM CST
Airlines Have a Dire Warning on 5G Rollout
They say it could lead to 'catastrophic' flight disruptions
- Verizon and AT&T are set to deploy new 5G service Wednesday—and in a letter to federal officials Monday, major airlines warned there could be "catastrophic" consequences. As Axios notes, the dispute between the airlines and the wireless companies has been going on a while, with the aviation...
Boarding on This American
Flight Got a Little Weird
Jan 12, 2022 7:31 AM CST
Boarding on This American Flight Got a Little Weird
Man storms cockpit, seems to try to climb out window on flight from Honduras bound for Miami
- An American Airlines flight from Honduras to Miami got a very late start on Tuesday, but it wasn't due to inclement weather, mechanical issues, or tardy crew members. Instead, per the
New York Times
, a "more novel reason" was behind the delay: an unruly passenger who broke into...
Airline CEOs Say Masks
Don't Do Much for Passengers
Dec 16, 2021 5:35 PM CST
Airline CEOs Say Masks Don't Do Much for Passengers
American, Southwest do some clarifying after backlash on testimony
- While flight crews battle unruly passengers, most of whom refuse to put on a mask for their trip, the bosses of a couple of major airlines told Congress that the masks don't do much good anyway. "I think the case is very strong that masks don't add...
Dreamliner Delay Cuts Into
American's International Flights
Dec 9, 2021 4:35 PM CST
Dreamliner Delay Cuts Into American's International Flights
Boeing hasn't delivered any of the jetliners in a year
- American Airlines is dropping some international flights for next summer because Boeing has failed to deliver planes that the airline ordered, according to an internal memo Thursday. Boeing has been unable to deliver its 787 jetliner, which it calls the Dreamliner, for about a year because of a series of...
Stowaway Endures Over 2-Hour
Flight Inside Plane Landing Gear
Nov 28, 2021 7:00 AM CST
Stowaway Endures Over 2-Hour Flight Inside Plane Landing Gear
Temperatures likely hovered below zero
- Federal authorities have taken into custody a 26-year-old man who apparently stowed away in the landing gear compartment of an American Airlines fight that arrived at Miami International Airport from Guatemala on Saturday morning, per the AP. The man was in the wheel well area when the flight arrived...
Airline Offers Pay Incentives
After Weekend of Cancellations
Nov 7, 2021 4:35 PM CST
Airline Offers Pay Incentives After Weekend of Cancellations
Staffers can pick up extra money for sticking it out through the holidays
- American Airlines is throwing money at the problem. The problem, canceled flights , is due in part to labor shortages. So, with the holiday travel season looming, the company is offering a cash incentive to stick around and work through until the new year. Flight attendants will earn 150% of their...
37 Airline Passengers
Considered for Prosecution
Nov 5, 2021 4:07 PM CDT
37 Airline Passengers Considered for Prosecution
FAA has new process to send cases of misbehavior to FBI
- The Federal Aviation Administration says it has referred 37 cases involving unruly airline passengers to the FBI for possible criminal prosecution since the number of disruptions on flights began to spike in January. FAA and Justice Department officials said Thursday that in the past three months, they have developed a...
Man Who Allegedly
Attendant Says He
Can't Make a Fist
Nov 2, 2021 6:31 AM CDT
Man Who Allegedly Punched Flight Attendant Says He Can't Make a Fist
Brian Hsu has been charged in American Airlines incident
- The man charged with assaulting an American Airlines flight attendant last month is claiming self-defense. Brian Hsu of Irvine, Calif., was returning home after brain surgery, which the 20-year-old says he needed after being assaulted last year in New York City and suffering a brain injury. Hsu told FBI investigators...
Travel Trouble Continues
for American Airlines
Nov 1, 2021 3:25 PM CDT
Travel Trouble Continues for American Airlines
Hundreds more flights are canceled Monday
It wasn't a great weekend to be a passenger on American Airlines, and things haven't improved much on Monday. The airline has canceled about 400 more flights, more than 14% of the day's total, bringing the number of canceled flights since Friday to more than 2,...
American Airlines 'Outraged'
After Alleged In-Flight Assault
Oct 28, 2021 5:01 AM CDT
American Airlines 'Outraged' After Alleged In-Flight Assault
Witnesses say attendant was punched in dispute over mask-wearing
- American Airlines says it is "outraged" by the actions of a passenger who allegedly assaulted a flight attendant on a Wednesday flight from New York City to California, causing the aircraft to be diverted to Denver. Witnesses say they saw staff duct-tape the passenger to a seat after he...
American Eagle Passengers
Saw Something, Said Something
Oct 10, 2021 2:36 PM CDT
American Eagle Passengers Saw Something, Said Something
Passenger was briefly detained and released after authorities found no threats
- People are on edge. Flying is still safe and we’re not trying to scare you. But there’s no getting around that there’s been a massive uptick in the number of unruly passenger incidents. Way back in August the FAA released a public service announcement asking people to...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Miner's Surprise Find: 'She's Perfect and She's Beautiful'
World Leaders Now Going After Russia's 2nd-Largest Export
Drought Ruins Crops, Shuts Off Milan's Fountains
Missing at Sea for 11 Days, Va. Couple Emerges
Garland Warns States About Abortion Pills
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.