Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Only 3 Federal
Most in US
Dec 27, 2021 8:18 AM CST
Only 3 Federal Officials Viewed Favorably by Most in US
John Roberts, the Fed's Jerome Powell, and Anthony Fauci
- Gallup put the names of 11 federal officials in front of Americans in a new survey, and only three registered positive ratings from the majority of respondents. The clear No. 1 was Supreme Court Justice John Roberts (60%), followed by Fed chief Jerome Powell (53%) and Dr. Anthony Fauci...
Fauci Calls for
Fox Host's Firing
Dec 21, 2021 12:08 PM CST
Fauci Calls for Fox Host's Firing
Jesse Watters called for a metaphorical 'kill shot' against the infectious disease expert
- Anthony Fauci says Fox News host Jesse Watters should be fired immediately for violent rhetoric, though he doesn't have much hope that he will be. Fauci made the comment to CNN on Tuesday, a day after Watters appeared at Turning Point USA's AmericaFest conference, where he pushed the...
Biden to Announce
500M Free COVID Tests
Dec 21, 2021 6:42 AM CST
Biden to Announce 500M Free COVID Tests
They're to be delivered by mail to Americans who request them: officials
- President Biden will reportedly announce the purchase of half a billion at-home rapid COVID-19 tests, which are to be delivered for free to Americans who request them, in a nationwide speech Tuesday amid soaring cases of the omicron variant. An administration official said Americans will be able to request tests,...
Fauci Fires Back at Lara
Logan Over Nazi Comparison
Dec 3, 2021 12:11 PM CST
Fauci Fires Back at Lara Logan Over Nazi Comparison
Fox Nation host compared health official to 'Angel of Death' doctor Josef Mengele
- Lara Logan has some strong feelings about Dr. Anthony Fauci, and she's now drawing flak for her comments about him. Per CNN Business , the Fox Nation host and former CBS News journalist appeared Monday on
Fox News Primetime
and went after the White House's chief medical adviser during...
Fauci Says US Could
Face 'Fifth Wave' as
Nov 28, 2021 12:10 PM CST
Fauci Says US Could Face 'Fifth Wave' as Omicron Spreads
More cases are detected in several nations
- With nations around the world rushing to limit the spread of the latest coronavirus variant, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday that the US has "the potential to go into a fifth wave" of the pandemic. The omicron strain, first detected in South Africa, has not been found in the...
Been 2 Shots
Oct 17, 2021 1:05 PM CDT
J&J Could've Been 2 Shots All Along, Fauci Says
Booster recipients probably will be able to mix brands
- In hindsight, the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine probably should have been two shots from the start, as other vaccines are, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday. Asked on ABC's
whether people who received the company's single dose should be alarmed because an FDA advisory panel has...
Oct 10, 2021 1:40 PM CDT
Fauci's Advice: Enjoy Halloween
'As well as the other holidays,' disease specialist adds
- We're not past COVID-19 yet, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday. But he sees no reason to stay home on Halloween—a holiday that encourages masking up. "Particularly if you're vaccinated, but you can get out there," President Biden's chief medical adviser said on CNN's...
Only One Thing Will Prevent
Another Trump Run
Sep 26, 2021 7:00 AM CDT
Only One Thing Will Prevent Another Trump Run
Ex-president sat for a TV interview
- Donald Trump sat for an interview on the Real America's Voice network on Friday, where he told "The Water Cooler" host David Brody what he thinks would prevent another run for the White House. "I guess a bad call from a doctor or something, right," The...
Fauci Weighs In on
Minaj's Testicles Tweet
Sep 15, 2021 6:45 PM CDT
Fauci Weighs In on Minaj's Testicles Tweet
'She should be thinking twice' about spreading unverified claims, he says
- Dr. Anthony Fauci has weighed in on the controversy Nicki Minaj is calling #BallGate. The nation's top infectious disease expert, asked during a CNN interview Tuesday whether COVID vaccines could cause infertility, said the answer is a "resounding no," CBS reports. Minaj caused an uproar this week...
Fauci Predicts Our
Return to Normal
Aug 24, 2021 7:51 AM CDT
Fauci Predicts Our Return to Normal
'Degree of normality' could come in spring, if most unvaccinated Americans get their shots
- The US could reclaim a "degree of normality" by spring if the "overwhelming majority" of unvaccinated Americans get vaccinated against COVID-19. So White House chief medical adviser and NIAID director Dr. Anthony Fauci said Monday on CNN's
Anderson Cooper 360
, though he warned continued spread could prompt...
FDA Authorizes 3rd COVID
Vaccine Dose for 3% of Adults
Aug 13, 2021 8:16 AM CDT
FDA Authorizes 3rd COVID Vaccine Dose for 3% of Adults
CDC to issue recommendation on the boosters for certain immunocompromised people
- A third COVID-19 vaccine dose has been authorized for certain immunocompromised Americans. The FDA on Thursday amended the emergency use authorizations for the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines to allow a third dose for "solid organ transplant recipients or those who are diagnosed with conditions that are considered to have...
Jul 26, 2021 7:25 AM CDT
New Vaccine Strategy Could Stop Future Pandemics
Fauci backs idea to create 'prototype' shots for 20 families of viruses
- "We're going in the wrong direction." That was Dr. Anthony Fauci's message to the nation Sunday on CNN in regard to COVID. Fauci reiterated what has become a familiar theme among US health officials, describing "a pandemic among the unvaccinated" because of the fast-spreading delta...
Fauci to Paul: 'You Do Not Know
What You're Talking About'
Jul 20, 2021 2:10 PM CDT
Fauci to Paul: 'You Do Not Know What You're Talking About'
Both accuse the other of lying in Senate hearing
- A recurring clash between the government's top infectious disease doctor and a senator has erupted again on Capitol Hill, with each accusing the other of lying. Dr. Anthony Fauci angrily confronted Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky in testimony before a Senate committee on Tuesday. Fauci rejected Paul's...
Fauci With Merch
Jul 14, 2021 4:17 PM CDT
DeSantis Mocks Fauci With Merch
The two have disagreed about pandemic restrictions throughout
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has put his opposition to infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci in writing—on T-shirts and koozies. The governor, who's up for reelection next year, has begun selling anti-Fauci and anti-pandemic restrictions merchandise online. The launch comes during an increase in coronavirus cases: Florida's...
Delta Variant of Virus
Is Spreading Quickly
Jun 10, 2021 12:20 PM CDT
Delta Variant of Virus Is Spreading Quickly
It's gone beyond India, and Dr. Fauci is worried about numbers growing in the US
- A COVID-19 variant first identified in India is spreading well beyond and risking the relative comfort that has come with vaccine rollouts in the US. The Delta variant, B.1.617.2, is now the dominant strain in the UK, making up more than 60% of cases in some areas,...
Trump Turning Up the Heat
on a Familiar Foe—Fauci
Jun 4, 2021 2:09 PM CDT
Trump Turning Up the Heat on a Familiar Foe—Fauci
Biden expresses confidence in doctor as attacks on the right escalate
- Dr. Anthony Fauci has talked about his friction with former President Trump and how Trump's supporters harassed him and his family as a result. Things may be about to get much worse on those fronts for the doctor, even with COVID on the wane. Axios reports that Trump intends...
866 Pages of Fauci's
Jun 1, 2021 3:19 PM CDT
866 Pages of Fauci's Emails Released
He received flood of correspondence from around the world in early months of pandemic
- When the pandemic upended American life last spring, Dr. Anthony Fauci was an incredibly busy man—but the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director still made time to respond to a flood of emails, many of them seeking advice. The
has obtained 866 pages of Fauci'...
Vaccine Booster Shots
Might Be Needed By Fall
May 20, 2021 5:45 PM CDT
Vaccine Booster Shots Might Be Needed By Fall
Fauci agrees they'll be needed, but we don't know when
- There's no sign that the protection from the COVID-19 vaccines is fading for anyone yet, but the Pfizer and Moderna chief executives said we can expect to have a third shot before long. The data are showing "there will be a need for a booster somewhere between eight...
It May Soon
Be Time to
May 10, 2021 3:58 AM CDT
Fauci: It May Soon Be Time to Ditch Mask Mandates
Though, he says, more people need to be vaccinated
- Are the US' days of requiring masks to be worn indoors coming to a close? Maybe, but there are a few caveats. The first one? Enough people need to be vaccinated. It was the former head of the FDA, Scott Gottlieb, who first said (on CBS'
Face the Nation
Apr 28, 2021 11:35 AM CDT
Joe Rogan's Spotify Comments on Vaccinations Get Notice
Podcast host said the idea of a child receiving a COVID-19 vaccine was 'crazy'
- In January, Spotify removed podcast host Pete Evans for spreading misinformation, saying it bans the promotion of "misleading content about COVID-19 that may cause offline harm and/or pose a direct threat to public health." Now, onlookers are waiting to see if and how that policy will apply to...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Ukrainian Diplomat Has 2-Word Response to Elon Musk Proposal
Auction House Said Vase Was Ordinary. Bidders Disagreed
It's Been a Wild 24 Hours for Herschel Walker
Fetterman's Latest Swing at Dr. Oz: He's a 'Puppy Killer'
Supreme Court Just Got What May Be Its Weirdest Brief of the Year
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.