Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Tesla Model S
Stories 1 - 20 |
One Automaker Rules the Most
Jun 21, 2023 5:50 PM CDT
One Automaker Rules the Most 'Made-in-America' Vehicles
Tesla takes up top 4 spots in Cars.com ranking, starting with its Model Y
- Looking for a new set of wheels that will make you feel extra patriotic? Buy a Tesla—at least, one of the models that dominate the top four slots in Cars.com's most "American-made" vehicles index. Auto production in the US adds a big boost to the national...
Mystery of Fatal Tesla Crash
With No Driver Is Solved
Feb 9, 2023 2:00 AM CST
Mystery of Fatal Tesla Crash With No Driver Is Solved
NTSB report finds that Autopilot was not in use after all in 2021 crash
- Authorities say they know why no one was in the driver's seat when a Tesla Model S crashed in 2021, killing the two men inside, and it's
the reason initially believed. Investigators from the National Transportation Safety Board determined that the driver moved into the back seat...
Has Now Lost
the Most Money
Dec 31, 2022 10:02 AM CST
Elon Musk Has Now Lost the Most Money in History
Bloomberg reports he has become the first person to lose $200B
- A little over a year ago, Elon Musk was sitting on the astronomical sum of about $340 billion in net worth, making him the richest human on the planet by a wide margin. Today, Bloomberg reports that Musk has became the first person in history to
$200 billion. The...
Tesla to Cough Up
$105K in Teen's
Jul 20, 2022 6:55 AM CDT
Tesla to Cough Up $105K in Teen's Fatal Crash
Carmaker found 1% liable after deactivating speed limiter
- Tesla was negligent in deactivating a speed limiter on a Model S driven by an 18-year-old who crashed in 2018, killing himself and a passenger, though the driver and his father were 99% at fault, a Florida jury has found. According to a National Transportation Safety Board report, Barrett Riley...
Caught Fire,' Kept Igniting
Jun 22, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Tesla 'Spontaneously Caught Fire,' Kept Igniting
Electric vehicle had been damaged in a crash weeks before
- A Tesla Model S had been sitting in a scrapyard for three weeks following a collision when it spontaneously burst into flames this month, then kept re-igniting, transforming into "a heap of melted and burned metal," per the
. The Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District described how the...
Told His Tesla Needed a $22K
Battery, He Blew It Up Instead
in case you missed it
Jan 2, 2022 4:30 PM CST
Told His Tesla Needed a $22K Battery, He Blew It Up Instead
Finnish man Tuomas Katainen teamed up with a YouTuber to get the job done
- The first 932 miles were good miles for a Finnish man and the used 2013 Tesla Model S he bought. That's when a series of error codes began popping up, which led Tuomas Katainen to take the car to a Tesla dealer for repairs. The news he got was...
a Slippery Change
Sep 16, 2021 6:20 PM CDT
Tesla Removes Steering Wheel, a Slippery Change
Consumer Reports' testers struggle with new yoke in Model S
- Drivers might soon feel more than ever that they're sitting in a cockpit instead of a car. The steering device in Tesla's Model S and Model X SUV looks more like an airplane's yoke than a car's usual steering wheel. Drivers keep their hands on something...
There Was Something Different
About This Fatal Tesla Crash
Aug 21, 2021 2:50 PM CDT
There Was Something Different About This Fatal Tesla Crash
The driver wasn't the one killed, and could recount what happened while on Autopilot
- "Please tell me no. Please tell me no." So a police video recorded George Brian McGee as saying the night of April 25, 2019. He had slammed into a parked Chevy Tahoe, and a first responder noticed a woman's sandal under the car, spurring McGhee's response....
Tesla's New Car
Is Making Headlines,
but Not in Good Way
Jul 2, 2021 1:29 PM CDT
Tesla's New Car Is Making Headlines, but Not in Good Way
Pennsylvania driver narrowly escaped his Model S Plaid after it burst into flames, lawyers say
- A driver's brand-new six-figure Tesla gave him quite the scare this week in Pennsylvania, and his lawyers say he's lucky to be alive. Mark Geragos and Jason Setchen, attorneys said to be representing the owner of the vehicle, a Tesla Model S Plaid, tell the
The Car Was Going 93mph.
The Driver Was Taking a Nap
Sep 18, 2020 12:33 AM CDT
The Car Was Going 93mph. The Driver Was Taking a Nap
Canadian officers say they found both front seats reclined, car apparently on Autopilot
- Police in Canada say a man has been charged over a July incident in which he was allegedly snoozing away as his apparently self-driving car traveled more than 93mph. Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers were alerted around 4pm on July 9 to a Tesla Model S speeding down the highway...
Tesla Crash Kills 2
Jan 1, 2020 6:00 AM CST
Tesla Crash Kills 2
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is investigating
- A Tesla crash killed two people in the wee hours of Sunday in a Los Angeles suburb, and now the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is investigating. The Tesla Model S was speeding, ran a red light, and hit a Honda Civic at the Gardena intersection, killing a man and...
Suit: Man Died in 'Death Trap'
Tesla Due to Door Malfunction
Oct 24, 2019 8:40 AM CDT
Suit: Man Died in 'Death Trap' Tesla Due to Door Malfunction
Omar Awan burned in Model S crash after rescuers couldn't get to him: complaint
- A 48-year-old anesthesiologist died an unnecessary death earlier this year in a fiery Tesla crash, according to a new lawsuit that claims the car's design was what ended up killing him. Dr. Omar Awan was burned "beyond recognition" after his Model S veered off the road and crashed...
This Tesla Is About to Explode.
The Carmaker Is Investigating
Apr 22, 2019 10:30 AM CDT
This Tesla Is About to Explode. The Carmaker Is Investigating
Tesla sends team to Shanghai to look into video showing car allegedly exploding in parking lot
- Teslas catching fire have made recent headlines , but one supposed incident has now been caught on video, and the automaker is investigating. Reuters reports the company has sent a team to China to check out an explosion that allegedly took place in a Shanghai parking garage, an incident seen in...
After Fiery Fatal Crash,
Tesla Battery Kept Igniting
Feb 25, 2019 5:30 PM CST
After Fiery Fatal Crash, Tesla Battery Kept Igniting
One dead after high-speed Model S collision outside Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- The driver of a Tesla Model S was killed when his car crashed near Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and erupted in flames. Witnesses told police in Davie that the car was traveling 75mph to 90mph Sunday afternoon when it left the road for an unknown reason, per the AP . The driver...
Musk Has Unusual Reason
for New Round of Layoffs
Jan 18, 2019 7:11 AM CST
Musk Has Unusual Reason for New Round of Layoffs
He says Tesla's vehicles are 'too expensive'
- Last year was "the most successful year in Tesla's history," with sales almost as high as all previous years combined—but around 3,000 workers are going to have to lose their jobs because the company's cars are too expensive, Elon Musk wrote in a letter...
Man Sues Tesla,
Led to Crash
Oct 30, 2018 6:48 PM CDT
Man Sues Tesla, Says Autopilot Led to Crash
He says the feature failed to detect a disabled car before collision
- A Florida man says the autopilot feature of his Tesla vehicle failed to detect a disabled car on a highway, leading to a collision that left him with permanent injuries, according to a negligence lawsuit filed Tuesday. Shawn Hudson said in the lawsuit filed in state court in Orlando, Florida,...
Actress Posts Video of Hubby's
Tesla on Fire 'Out of the Blue'
Jun 18, 2018 11:47 AM CDT
Actress Posts Video of Hubby's Tesla on Fire 'Out of the Blue'
Mary McCormack says fire was not caused by accident
- The latest unfortunate headline for Tesla comes courtesy of actress Mary McCormack, who on Friday tweeted a video of a Model S with flames shooting from it. "This is what happened to my husband and his car today. No accident,out of the blue, in traffic on Santa Monica...
Thousands of Jobs
Jun 13, 2018 1:57 AM CDT
Tesla Slashes Thousands of Jobs
Round of layoffs is biggest in company history
- Tesla has never made an annual profit but it's getting serious about trying, Elon Musk said in a letter to employees announcing the biggest round of layoffs in the company's history. Musk told employees that the company's rapid growth had led to "duplication of roles and...
Tesla Crash Leaves Cops
With One Big Question
May 13, 2018 4:30 PM CDT
Tesla Crash Leaves Cops With One Big Question
A Tesla sedan rear-ended a fire department truck at 60mph
- A Tesla sedan with a semi-autonomous autopilot feature rear-ended a fire department truck at 60mph apparently without braking before impact, but police say it's unknown if the autopilot feature was engaged. The cause of the Friday evening crash, involving a Tesla Model S and a fire department mechanic...
Tesla Stock Dives After
Bizarre Earnings Call
May 3, 2018 2:17 AM CDT
Tesla Stock Dives After Bizarre Earnings Call
Musk cut off analysts after 'boring' questions
- Tesla's share price took a major hit Wednesday after CEO Elon Musk decided he didn't want to spend a conference call on the company's earning report dealing with a lot of dull questions from analysts. Musk interrupted a back-and-forth between a Bernstein analyst and Tesla Chief Financial...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Congresswoman in Testy Exchange Over Hamas Rapes
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
Redwoods Surprise Scientists With a Survival Tactic
He Had Headaches for Months. Doctors Made a Surprising Find
Elusive Tire Slasher Turned Out to Be a Dog
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.