Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Clinton on TV
as Trump News
Broke: 'I Can't
Aug 15, 2023 12:30 PM CDT
Clinton on TV as Trump News Broke: 'I Can't Believe This'
She talks to Rachel Maddow in real time, says she feels no satisfaction
- Hillary Clinton booked an appearance on Rachel Maddow's MSNBC show Monday night to talk about her new
essay on the politicization of social issues. But just before the interview began, news broke that a grand jury in Georgia had returned indictments in its investigation of Donald Trump and...
Maddow Announces Big Shift:
'We Will See How Things Go'
Apr 12, 2022 9:10 AM CDT
Maddow Announces Big Shift: 'We Will See How Things Go'
She'll be hosting her MSNBC program on Mondays only starting in May
- Rachel Maddow will be sticking with her MSNBC program for the near future, but viewers hoping to see her return more fully to it are in for some disappointment. The 49-year-old host has been on a two-month hiatus from
The Rachel Maddow Show
, which airs each weeknight at 9pm ET,...
Oct 7, 2021 9:45 AM CDT
Rachel Maddow Explains Her Neck Bandage
MSNBC host reveals skin cancer diagnosis and treatment
- It hasn't been an easy year on Rachel Maddow. Last November, the MSNBC host warned viewers to limit travel, saying COVID-19 nearly killed her longtime partner . Now, she's warning people to get checked over by their doctors after her own diagnosis with skin cancer. On Wednesday's episode...
Maddow Has Apparently Made
Decision on Her Next Move
Aug 23, 2021 7:31 AM CDT
Maddow Has Apparently Made Decision on Her Next Move
Popular primetime host reportedly signs deal to stick around MSNBC for at least a few more years
- Looks like we can now put to rest those whispers of Rachel Maddow ditching MSNBC . The cable channel's "most popular primetime anchor" is reportedly sticking around for at least a few more years, per Insider . Sources tell that outlet, as well as the
New York Times
Has a Plea
Nov 20, 2020 11:11 AM CST
Rachel Maddow Has a Plea After Partner's Close Call
She wants people to skip Thanksgiving travel because of COVID
- Viewers knew Rachel Maddow had contact with someone with COVID-19, hence her two-week quarantine beginning Nov. 6. But until Maddow's return to MSNBC on Thursday, they didn't know just how close that contact was. Broadcasting live from home, Maddow told viewers that "the center of my universe,...
I'm Going Into
Nov 7, 2020 9:00 AM CST
Rachel Maddow: I'm Going Into Quarantine
MSNBC host will self-isolate at home after 'close contact' is infected with COVID
- Don't go looking for MSNBC's most-watched anchor for the immediate future. Rachel Maddow has announced that she'll be off the air for a little while as she quarantines after a "close contact" tested positive for COVID-19, reports
. "Everything happens, all at once,"...
Warren: Yes, I Was Trying
to Take Down Bloomberg
Mar 6, 2020 12:19 PM CST
Warren: Yes, I Was Trying to Take Down Bloomberg
She tells Rachel Maddow she felt billionaire would have lost to Trump
- Elizabeth Warren acknowledges she was out for blood when she went after Michael Bloomberg during Democratic debates last month. During an interview with Rachel Maddow of MSNBC , Maddow noted that analysts were crediting Warren with "tanking" Bloomberg's candidacy with her attacks. "Is that what you were trying...
Sanders Responds to Idea
of '2 Old White Guys' Ticket
Mar 5, 2020 9:15 AM CST
Sanders Responds to Idea of '2 Old White Guys' Ticket
A Bernie-Biden unity ticket will 'probably not' happen
- While Joe Biden is riding high after Super Tuesday, he has yet to unite the Democratic Party, which is why Brian Klaas at the
is urging him to "announce his pick for vice president
." So what are the chances that Biden will team up...
'Silence' at NBC
Oct 26, 2019 6:20 PM CDT
Maddow Gets Emotional Over 'Silence' at NBC
The MSNBC host speaks up about sexual harassment and NDAs
- Activists called upon NBC Universal on Saturday to allow former employees to speak out freely on sexual harassment in the workplace without restriction, rather than having to come to the company first to be released from non-disclosure agreements, the AP reports. The company said Saturday that any former employee who...
The Ladies Will Handle the
Moderating at Next Dem Debate
Oct 24, 2019 7:00 AM CDT
The Ladies Will Handle the Moderating at Next Dem Debate
Journos Rachel Maddow, Andrea Mitchell, Ashley Parker, Kristen Welker lined up
- It's not yet clear where in Georgia the next Democratic debate will take place, but one major detail has just been hammered out for the MSNBC /
event on Nov. 20: the moderating panel. It's one made up of all female journalists, with repeat moderator Rachel Maddow...
$10M for MSNBC
Host's On-Air Claim
Sep 10, 2019 10:05 AM CDT
Conservative Network Wants $10M for MSNBC Host's On-Air Claim
One America News accuses Rachel Maddow of defamation for calling it 'Russian propaganda'
- A conservative television network sued Rachel Maddow for more than $10 million on Monday for calling it "paid Russian propaganda." One America News filed the federal defamation suit in San Diego, the AP reports. The small, family-owned network is challenging Fox News for conservative cable and satellite TV...
for First Debate
Jun 11, 2019 10:20 AM CDT
NBC Announces 5 Moderators for First Debate
Dems' debate will air on NBC stations across the country, 'a rarity'
- The first Democratic presidential debate is a little more than two weeks away, and the moderators have been announced: Rachel Maddow, Savannah Guthrie, Lester Holt, Chuck Todd, and Jose Diaz-Balart of Telemundo. The debate, which will take place in two parts on June 26 and 27 in Miami, will air...
The Last Time This TV Rating
Happened, It Was 2000
Dec 27, 2018 8:22 AM CST
The Last Time This TV Rating Happened, It Was 2000
MSNBC beats Fox in total daytime viewers
- A milestone in the cable wars: MSNBC has beaten Fox News in total daytime viewers for the first time since 2000. For the week of Dec. 17-21, MSNBC averaged 1.56 million viewers between 6am and 2pm, ahead of Fox (1.54 million) and CNN (975,000), according to a...
Nunes Talks About Protecting
Trump on Leaked Audio
Aug 9, 2018 7:29 AM CDT
Nunes Talks About Protecting Trump on Leaked Audio
Rachel Maddow aired portions of the recordings, made at a closed-door fundraiser
- "If Sessions won't unrecuse and Mueller won't clear the president, we're the only ones. Which is really the danger." That was just some of what House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes said in audio recorded at a private July 30 fundraiser in Spokane, Wash., and...
Maddow Apologizes for
Losing It Over Migrant Kids
Jun 20, 2018 7:50 AM CDT
Maddow Apologizes for Losing It Over Migrant Kids
'Not the way I intended that to go'
- "Trump administration officials have been sending babies and other young children forcibly separated from their parents at the US-Mexico border to at least three 'tender age' shelters in South Texas," reads the first line of an AP story that proved too much for Rachel Maddow on Tuesday....
Here's the New
Cable News Host
Apr 5, 2018 2:01 PM CDT
Here's the New Most-Watched Cable News Host
Rachel Maddow beat Sean Hannity in March
- Rachel Maddow is the most-watched cable news host, at least for now.
The Rachel Maddow Show
was the highest-rated show in cable news in March, with an average total audience of 3.058 million viewers compared to Sean Hannity's 3 million,
reports. This is a big deal considering,...
MSNBC Just Scored an
Aug 18, 2017 10:21 AM CDT
MSNBC Just Scored an Unprecedented Victory
On Wednesday, it finished No. 1 in cable ratings for first time
- A controversial week in DC has led to bragging rights for MSNBC. On Wednesday, the network finished with the highest ratings in the cable-network universe, which
reports is a first for the network. MSNBC averaged 1.52 million viewers for the "total sales day" (meaning the 6am-2pm period),...
Trump's Lawyer Sorry After
Bizarre Email Threats
Jul 14, 2017 1:01 AM CDT
Trump's Lawyer Sorry After Bizarre Email Threats
He wrote to a critic: 'Watch your back, b----'
- After watching a
Rachel Maddow Show
segment that was critical of Trump’s attorney, Marc Kasowitz, a viewer dashed off an email to the lawyer saying he should quit. The response he probably didn't expect to get from Kasowitz? “F--- you.” This was the first in a...
Trump Tax Leak
Was an 'Anticlimax'
Mar 15, 2017 6:13 AM CDT
Trump Tax Leak Was an 'Anticlimax'
Some think he may have released 2005 pages himself
- Rachel Maddow r evealed the contents of a leaked portion of President Trump's 2005 tax return in a much-hyped show Tuesday night—but it was so much of an anticlimax that the MSNBC broadcast is being compared to Geraldo Rivera's opening of Al Capone's vault. Instead of...
Leaked Trump Tax Return
Reveals $38M Bill
Mar 15, 2017 1:11 AM CDT
Leaked Trump Tax Return Reveals $38M Bill
2005 document was leaked to Rachel Maddow
- It was probably only a matter of time: Part of one of the tax returns that President Trump has refused to release has been leaked, revealing that he paid millions of dollars under a tax law he plans to abolish. The two pages from the 2005 return were unveiled by...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
MSU Head Coach Fired for 'Moral Turpitude'
Young Baltimore Tech CEO Allegedly Killed by Violent Repeat Offender
US Soldier Who Crossed Into North Korea Back in US Custody
26-Year-Old Tech CEO Found Dead in Baltimore
Family Decries Cyclist's 'Sick' Murder by Laughing Teens
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.