Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Trump Pushes to Have
Judge Recuse Herself
Aug 7, 2023 10:30 AM CDT
Trump Pushes to Have Judge Recuse Herself
Former president says he can't get a fair trial with Tanya Chutkan
- It's not clear whether his legal team will follow up, but Donald Trump himself is pushing for the judge in his election interference case to recuse herself. In a series of posts on Truth Social over the weekend and into Monday, the former president maintained that US District Court...
Behold, the Signed Baseball
to Top All Signed Baseballs
Aug 14, 2018 7:11 AM CDT
Behold, the Signed Baseball to Top All Signed Baseballs
Clogged with signatures of Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Honus Wagner, and 8 other stars, it fetches $623K
- How could a baseball artifact possibly top a ball signed by both Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig? How about a ball signed by Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Cy Young, Tris Speaker, George Sisler, Walter Johnson, Connie Mack, Nap Lajoie, Eddie Collins, and Pete Alexander, on the day they...
Ty Cobb. Here's
May 2, 2018 12:54 PM CDT
Trump Losing Ty Cobb. Here's the Rumored Replacement
'NYT' reports Emmet Flood will replace a retiring Ty Cobb
- President Trump's legal team is getting another makeover. The White House on Wednesday confirmed White House lawyer Ty Cobb would retire at the end of this month, a prospect he has apparently been discussing for weeks. He's been Trump's point person in Robert Mueller's ongoing Russia...
Report: Lawyers Afraid Trump
Would Lie in Mueller Interview
Feb 6, 2018 4:17 AM CST
Report: Lawyers Afraid Trump Would Lie in Mueller Interview
They've urged him to rebuff special counsel, sources say
- President Trump has claimed he would "love to" be interviewed under oath by special counsel Robert Mueller and that he's "looking forward" to it. His lawyers, however, are worried that Trump will make false statements, potentially leading to a charge of lying to investigators, and have urged...
Mueller Indicates He's
Ready to Interview Trump
Jan 8, 2018 4:20 PM CST
Mueller Indicates He's Ready to Interview Trump
Apparently the special counsel is looking to sit down with the president
- It looks like special counsel Robert Mueller wants to have a talk with Donald Trump about Russia. Per the
, Mueller raised the possibility of interviewing the president as part of his investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election during a meeting in December with Trump's...
WH and Lawyer: Trump Not
Talking About Firing Mueller
Dec 17, 2017 12:30 PM CST
WH and Lawyer: Trump Not Talking About Firing Mueller
Marc Short, Steven Mnuchin, and Ty Cobb all said the same thing
- Two high-ranking members of Donald Trump's team said there's been no talk at the White House of firing Robert Mueller, even as the president's legal team accused the special counsel of obtaining emails from the Trump transition team illegally. Appearing on
Meet the Press
today, White House...
Trump Lawyers Reportedly
Want 2nd Special Counsel
Dec 12, 2017 9:30 AM CST
Trump Lawyers Reportedly Want 2nd Special Counsel
To investigate Robert Mueller's investigation, reports Axios
- There's plenty of speculation in DC about whether President Trump might fire special counsel Robert Mueller. But Mike Allen of Axios reports on another strategy being explored by the president's legal team: Appoint a second special counsel to investigate Mueller's investigation. The story suggests that Trump's...
Old Paper Bag
Hid $1M Find
Mar 3, 2016 10:03 AM CST
Great-Grandpa's Old Paper Bag Hid $1M Find
7 rare Ty Cobb baseball cards were inside
- Relatives considered tossing the torn paper bag they found in the southern home of their late great-grandfather earlier this year. It's a good thing they didn't: Buried beneath old postcards and papers was one of the biggest discoveries of rare baseball cards ever. On Wednesday, memorabilia expert Joe...
$3M Worth of
Jul 10, 2012 4:06 PM CDT
Attic Find: $3M Worth of Baseball Cards
Rare 1910 cards in incredible condition
- After coming upon a collection of 700 old baseball cards in his attic, an Ohio man put them aside. Two weeks later, he learned that they amounted to one of the biggest sports-card finds ever made—and were worth millions. The cards come from a 1910 series of which only...
DEA Bust Yields Trove of Rare Baseball Cards
Jul 6, 2008 4:00 PM CDT
DEA Bust Yields Trove of Rare Baseball Cards
Agency now holds $280K worth of vintage Ty Cobbs, others
- Long accustomed to confiscating snazzy cars and jewelry from those who run afoul of the law, the DEA found itself in possession of something a little more unusual when it nabbed a Tennessee doctor who was dispensing fraudulent prescriptions—an impressive collection of baseball cards worth $280,000. The doc...
Popular on Newser
16-Year-Old Arrested After Felling of Iconic Tree
Trump's Comment Sparks Steps by Milley
Winners, Losers From the GOP Debate
Woman Has Struggled to Prove She's Not Dead for 16 Years
One Sign Haley Is Gaining Traction: Trump Goes on Attack
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.