Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Win in Tuesday Primaries
May 18, 2022 12:09 AM CDT
Trump-Backed Candidates Win in Tuesday Primaries
Pennsylvania governor's race, North Carolina Senate race go Trump's way
- Doug Mastriano, a state senator who secured a late endorsement from Donald Trump and has trumpeted the former president’s lies about nonexistent, widespread voter fraud costing him the 2020 election, won the Republican nomination for Pennsylvania’s open governor’s office on Tuesday, the AP reports. Mastriano’s victory...
Gets Pacemaker as
He Awaits Results
May 17, 2022 7:20 PM CDT
Front-Runner Gets Pacemaker as He Awaits Results
John Fetterman, seeking Democratic Senate nomination in Pennsylvania, had a stroke days ago
- On the day Pennsylvania Democratic voters going to the polls to decide whether to nominate him for the US Senate, Lt. Gov. John Fetterman had an appointment elsewhere. The front-runner in the primary had a pacemaker with defibrillator installed, Politico reports, days after he suffered a stroke . Fetterman's campaign...
to Slow Count
in 2 Places
May 17, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Printer Errors to Slow Count in 2 Places
Counties in Oregon, Pennsylvania say the results will be accurate
- Printing mistakes will force local election officials in Pennsylvania and Oregon to redo thousands of mailed ballots, a laborious process that could delay results for some closely contested races in Tuesday's primaries. In Pennsylvania, where GOP primaries for governor and US Senate are drawing national attention, officials in Republican-leaning...
Senate Candidate Has a Stroke
May 15, 2022 3:45 PM CDT
Senate Candidate Has a Stroke
John Fetterman says he's still in Pennsylvania Democratic primary on Tuesday
- Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, the leading Democrat in the state's high-profile Senate contest, has suffered a stroke but is on his way to a "full recovery," his campaign said on Sunday. Fetterman, 52, said in a statement that he wasn't feeling well Friday and went...
Trump's Pick for Pa. Governor
Is an Eyebrow-Raising One
May 14, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Trump's Pick for Pa. Governor Is an Eyebrow-Raising One
Doug Mastriano has pushed lie of 2020 stolen election, said he'd make voters 'reregister' to vote
- Donald Trump on Saturday endorsed Doug Mastriano in Pennsylvania's Republican primary for governor, siding with a far-right candidate who was outside the US Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection and has worked with determination to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. Mastriano was already leading a crowded...
GOP Has 'Oh S---' Moment
Over Pa. Senate Candidate
May 13, 2022 6:31 AM CDT
GOP Has 'Oh S---' Moment Over Pa. Senate Candidate
Kathy Barnette, surging in polls, makes some Republicans nervous with controversial history
- The race between Pennsylvania Republicans for Pat Toomey's seat in the US Senate had seemed to narrow down to two men: TV doctor Mehmet Oz and Army vet David McCormick. But as these two candidates have been going after each other with vitriolic TV ads, another candidate has had...
Mother's Day Flowers
Had Quite the Surprise
May 11, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Catholic School's Mother's Day Flowers Had Quite the Surprise
Lingerie was stuffed inside artificial roses sold by Philly school
- Picking out the right Mother's Day gift "isn't very hard to get right," according to the
—pick up some flowers and you're good to go. Just maybe not the ones sold by St. Anselm School. The
reports that the pre-K through...
Mom Allegedly Shot Young
Sons in Head as They Lay in Bed
May 4, 2022 3:02 AM CDT
Mom Allegedly Shot Young Sons in Head as They Lay in Bed
9- and 13-year-old are on life support until their organs can be donated
- A Pennsylvania mother is accused of shooting her two young sons in the head Monday morning as they lay in bed in their Bucks County home. Police responded to the Upper Makefield Township scene at 7:05am, called there by another person who lives at the address who reported Trinh...
Ex-Cop Charged With
Murder in Shooting of Boy, 12
May 2, 2022 1:45 PM CDT
Ex-Cop Charged With Murder in Shooting of Boy, 12
DA says Edsaul Mendoza shot TJ Siderio in the back at near-point blank range
: A former Philadelphia police officer who was fired after the fatal shooting of a 12-year-old in March has been charged with murder. Prosecutors say the shot that killed Thomas "TJ" Siderio was fired from near-point blank range while the boy was unarmed and "essentially face down on...
This City's 'Historic
Deluge' of Abandoned
Cars Has No Fix in Sight
Apr 25, 2022 1:26 PM CDT
This City's 'Historic Deluge' of Abandoned Cars Has No Fix in Sight
Included in backlog of 34K vehicle complaints in Philly: speedboats, campaign van, Tastykake trucks
- The city of Philadelphia is more than happy to offer info on how residents can file a report on abandoned cars in the metro area. "Glad you asked!" reads the city's page devoted to "one of our most frequently submitted service requests." And they're...
Biden Sticker on Gas Pump
Leads to Man's Arrest
Apr 11, 2022 3:46 PM CDT
Biden Sticker on Gas Pump Leads to Man's Arrest
Pennsylvania man faces charges including resisting arrest
- With gas prices still near record highs after a surge earlier this year, stickers blaming President Biden have become a common sight at gas pumps across the country—but one Pennsylvania man ended up in the back of a squad car after getting caught in the act. Thomas Richard Glazewski,...
in a Big Race
Apr 10, 2022 7:00 AM CDT
Trump Endorses Big Name in a Big Race
Former president backs Dr. Oz for Senate seat in Pennsylvania
- Donald Trump has issued his endorsement in a close Senate race, and the name is a familiar one. The former president said he's backing Mehmet Oz—aka the TV celebrity known as Dr. Oz—in Pennsylvania's Republican Senate primary.
"Dr. Oz is Pro-Life, very strong on
School Plans to Search
Students for Excess Snacks
Apr 7, 2022 4:32 AM CDT
School Plans to Search Students for Excess Snacks
Pennsylvania district faces backlash over 'lunch police' plan
- A Pennsylvania school district's plan to strictly enforce limits on snacks has divided parents, with some praising the move and others denouncing the "Lunch Police." In a Facebook post last week, the Aliquippa School District said students at Aliquippa Junior/Senior High School would have their bags searched...
Death Toll Hits 6
in 80-Car Pileup
Mar 30, 2022 3:28 PM CDT
Death Toll Hits 6 in 80-Car Pileup
More bodies were found in wreckage on Interstate 81 in Pennsylvania
: The death toll from a massive pileup caused by a snow squall in northeast Pennsylvania Monday has risen to six—and authorities who initially estimated 50 vehicles were involved now say the chain-reaction crash involved 80 vehicles, with wreckage stretching for a mile on Interstate 81, the
Cops: Banned Magician
Entering Casino Was
Just the Start
Mar 30, 2022 2:20 PM CDT
Cops: Banned Magician Entering Casino Was Just the Start
Shaun Benward accused of scamming Pennsylvania casino—and not for the first time
- A self-described "magician" and "illusionist" with a long history of scamming casinos has allegedly struck again. Shaun Joseph Benward, 35, of Ocean Springs, Miss., is accused of working with 42-year-old Denielle Yvonne Derohan of Gulfport, Miss., to steal more than $10,000 from Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh, Pa....
Lawyer: Drugs Tell Different
Story in Peter Spencer's Death
Mar 30, 2022 11:00 AM CDT
Lawyer: Drugs Tell Different Story in Peter Spencer's Death
Paul Jubas: Shooter said they took mushrooms, but psilocin wasn't detected in shooter's blood
- Peter Spencer was shot dead by a co-worker during a a Pennsylvania camping trip last December; two weeks ago, Venango County District Attorney Shawn White announced no charges would be brought, saying that based on the evidence and Pennsylvania's "stand your ground" laws, prosecutors would be unable to...
Troopers Left Suspicious Driver
Who Later Killed Them: Report
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Mar 26, 2022 4:35 PM CDT
Troopers Left Suspicious Driver Who Later Killed Them: Report
Driver suspected of DUI struck and killed 2 Pennsylvania troopers and a pedestrian, police say
- Two Pennsylvania troopers were helping a man on the side of a highway early Monday when a driver plowed into them, killing all three. In a shocking twist, Martin F. Mack III, 33, and Branden Sisca, 29, had initially pulled over the female driver on suspicion of driving under the...
Woman Accused in
Troopers' Deaths Said
She Was 'Best Drunk Driver'
Mar 23, 2022 6:31 AM CDT
Woman Accused in Troopers' Deaths Said She Was 'Best Drunk Driver'
Jayana Tanae Webb faces 18 criminal charges in Philadelphia tragedy
- Weeks before she allegedly struck and killed two Pennsylvania state troopers and a pedestrian while driving under the influence, Jayana Tanae Webb allegedly bragged on social media that she was the "best drunk driver ever." Fox News cites a tweet allegedly from the 21-year-old's Twitter account saying...
YouTube Divers Say They
Found Man Missing Since 2003
Mar 22, 2022 12:31 AM CDT
YouTube Divers Say They Found Man Missing Since 2003
Family called in 'Adventures With Purpose' team
- James Amabile was on his way to pick up his daughters from a babysitter in Dec. 2003, and had told the babysitter he was running late. The 38-year-old never arrived, and was never seen again, the
reports. Now, a scuba diving team that is dedicated to helping families...
No Charges for Man Who Shot
Black Co-Worker 9 Times
Mar 16, 2022 12:00 PM CDT
No Charges for Man Who Shot Black Co-Worker 9 Times
DA says he can't show 'this was not self-defense beyond a reasonable doubt'
- Peter Spencer's family members called his death "a modern-day lynching," but ABC News reports the co-worker accused of shooting him during a Pennsylvania camping trip last December won't face charges. District Attorney Shawn White on Tuesday said based on the evidence, prosecutors would be unable to...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Lindsey Graham Gets Bad News From Federal Judge
Trump: US 'Temperature Has to Be Brought Down'
Frantic Parents Tased, Arrested Amid Arizona School Lockdown
'Extreme Heat Belt' Emerging in US
Rep Confirms Heche's Death as Exes Grieve
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.