Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Fire, Then Building Collapse
Kills Philly Firefighter
Jun 18, 2022 9:00 AM CDT
Fire, Then Building Collapse Kills Philly Firefighter
4 other firefighters and a city inspector were pulled from the rubble and are now in stable condition
- One firefighter has died after being trapped in a building that caught fire in Philadelphia and then collapsed early Saturday, fire officials said. The fallen firefighter wasn't immediately identified, but Deputy Fire Commissioner Craig Murphy said he was a 27-year department veteran, per the AP . Four other firefighters and...
Dr. Oz Caught in 'Complex and
Fact-Intensive Family Drama'
Jun 15, 2022 9:12 AM CDT
Dr. Oz Caught in 'Complex and Fact-Intensive Family Drama'
GOP Pa. candidate for US Senate, sister are battling another sister over large inheritance
- Dr. Mehmet Oz is headed toward the general election in Pennsylvania, where the Republican celebrity doctor will face off for a Senate seat against the state's Democratic lieutenant governor, John Fetterman. But behind the scenes, Oz, 62, is in a multimillion-dollar inheritance fight with one of his siblings that'...
Giuliani Faces Ethics Charge
Jun 11, 2022 2:15 PM CDT
Giuliani Faces Ethics Charge
Trump lawyer had claimed election fraud to court in Pennsylvania
- Rudy Giuliani could be prohibited from practicing law in the District of Columbia, after the disciplinary arm of the DC Bar filed an ethics case over his advocacy of false fraud claims in the 2020 presidential election. The charge involves claims Giuliani made in a federal court about a lawsuit...
2 Workers Rescued From
Chocolate Vat at Mars Plant
Jun 11, 2022 7:30 AM CDT
2 Workers Rescued From Chocolate Vat at Mars Plant
It doesn't appear they were injured during incident in Elizabethtown, Pa.
- It's a story out of Pennsylvania that
describes as "something straight out of
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
." The local fire department received quite an unusual call on Thursday, when it was informed that two maintenance workers at the Mars Wrigley plant in Elizabethtown, known for...
Fetterman Will Be Off
Campaign Trail for a Month
Jun 7, 2022 3:27 PM CDT
Fetterman Will Be Off Campaign Trail for a Month
Wife says Pennsylvania Senate candidate needs more rest after stroke
- Another acknowledgment that the health problems of Senate candidate John Fetterman in Pennsylvania are more serious than initially thought: His wife says he won't be back on the campaign trail until July—and even that might not be a sure thing. Asked if Fetterman, the state's lieutenant governor,...
'I Almost Died'
Jun 4, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Fetterman Concedes Heart Condition: 'I Almost Died'
Doctor: Pa. Dem Senate nominee, who has atrial fibrillation, cardiomyopathy, will be OK if vigilant
- If the recent status of John Fetterman's health has been a "mystery," a little bit more of that mystery has now been clarified. The Democratic nominee for US Senate out of Pennsylvania has been resting up since he suffered a stroke last month, but while his health...
Dr. Oz Will Face Off
Against John Fetterman in Pa.
Jun 4, 2022 6:00 AM CDT
Dr. Oz Will Face Off Against John Fetterman in Pa.
Dave McCormick concedes to celebrity doctor in GOP primary for US Senate seat
It's going to be Mehmet Oz vs. John Fetterman in November in the run for a US Senate seat out of Pennsylvania. The
reports GOP candidate Dave McCormick conceded Friday to the celebrity doctor, who's been endorsed by former President Donald Trump. After more than...
At Least 4 Dead
in House Explosion
May 27, 2022 3:31 AM CDT
At Least 4 Dead in House Explosion
3 homes were destroyed in Pennsylvania blast
- A house exploded in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, Thursday night, killing at least four people and destroying two other homes. Officials say two other people were injured and two more may be unaccounted for, CBS Philly reports. The cause has not been confirm but officials believe the blast, which started a two-alarm...
Fetterman Leaves Hospital,
Says He Won't Campaign Yet
May 22, 2022 5:50 PM CDT
Fetterman Leaves Hospital, Says He Won't Campaign Yet
Senate candidate says he'll take time to recover before hitting trail in Pennsylvania race
- Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman was released from a hospital on Sunday, after being treated for a stroke and undergoing surgery to implant a pacemaker. "I could not be happier to finally be heading home to be with my family," he said in a statement, Politico reports. His...
Trump to Oz: 'Declare Victory'
Before Count Is Finished
May 19, 2022 6:26 AM CDT
Trump to Oz: 'Declare Victory' Before Count Is Finished
'Here we go again'
- With the Republican US Senate primary in Pennyslvania too close too call on Wednesday, former President Trump had a familiar prescription for Mehmet Oz, the celebrity doctor he endorsed against Dave McCormick. In posts on his Truth Social network, Trump urged Oz to "declare victory" before the counting process...
It's a Close One
May 18, 2022 9:04 AM CDT
It's a Close One Between Oz, McCormick in Pa. Primary
GOP contenders are neck and neck in state's primary, with Kathy Barnette now out of the race
- Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman has won his state's Democratic primary to run for a US Senate seat being vacated by Republican Pat Toomey, but the race to see which GOPer will face off against him is a nail-biter—and it could be a while before the victor is...
Win in Tuesday Primaries
May 18, 2022 12:09 AM CDT
Trump-Backed Candidates Win in Tuesday Primaries
Pennsylvania governor's race, North Carolina Senate race go Trump's way
- Doug Mastriano, a state senator who secured a late endorsement from Donald Trump and has trumpeted the former president’s lies about nonexistent, widespread voter fraud costing him the 2020 election, won the Republican nomination for Pennsylvania’s open governor’s office on Tuesday, the AP reports. Mastriano’s victory...
Gets Pacemaker as
He Awaits Results
May 17, 2022 7:20 PM CDT
Front-Runner Gets Pacemaker as He Awaits Results
John Fetterman, seeking Democratic Senate nomination in Pennsylvania, had a stroke days ago
- On the day Pennsylvania Democratic voters going to the polls to decide whether to nominate him for the US Senate, Lt. Gov. John Fetterman had an appointment elsewhere. The front-runner in the primary had a pacemaker with defibrillator installed, Politico reports, days after he suffered a stroke . Fetterman's campaign...
to Slow Count
in 2 Places
May 17, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Printer Errors to Slow Count in 2 Places
Counties in Oregon, Pennsylvania say the results will be accurate
- Printing mistakes will force local election officials in Pennsylvania and Oregon to redo thousands of mailed ballots, a laborious process that could delay results for some closely contested races in Tuesday's primaries. In Pennsylvania, where GOP primaries for governor and US Senate are drawing national attention, officials in Republican-leaning...
Senate Candidate Has a Stroke
May 15, 2022 3:45 PM CDT
Senate Candidate Has a Stroke
John Fetterman says he's still in Pennsylvania Democratic primary on Tuesday
- Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, the leading Democrat in the state's high-profile Senate contest, has suffered a stroke but is on his way to a "full recovery," his campaign said on Sunday. Fetterman, 52, said in a statement that he wasn't feeling well Friday and went...
Trump's Pick for Pa. Governor
Is an Eyebrow-Raising One
May 14, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Trump's Pick for Pa. Governor Is an Eyebrow-Raising One
Doug Mastriano has pushed lie of 2020 stolen election, said he'd make voters 'reregister' to vote
- Donald Trump on Saturday endorsed Doug Mastriano in Pennsylvania's Republican primary for governor, siding with a far-right candidate who was outside the US Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection and has worked with determination to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. Mastriano was already leading a crowded...
GOP Has 'Oh S---' Moment
Over Pa. Senate Candidate
May 13, 2022 6:31 AM CDT
GOP Has 'Oh S---' Moment Over Pa. Senate Candidate
Kathy Barnette, surging in polls, makes some Republicans nervous with controversial history
- The race between Pennsylvania Republicans for Pat Toomey's seat in the US Senate had seemed to narrow down to two men: TV doctor Mehmet Oz and Army vet David McCormick. But as these two candidates have been going after each other with vitriolic TV ads, another candidate has had...
Mother's Day Flowers
Had Quite the Surprise
May 11, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Catholic School's Mother's Day Flowers Had Quite the Surprise
Lingerie was stuffed inside artificial roses sold by Philly school
- Picking out the right Mother's Day gift "isn't very hard to get right," according to the
—pick up some flowers and you're good to go. Just maybe not the ones sold by St. Anselm School. The
reports that the pre-K through...
Mom Allegedly Shot Young
Sons in Head as They Lay in Bed
May 4, 2022 3:02 AM CDT
Mom Allegedly Shot Young Sons in Head as They Lay in Bed
9- and 13-year-old are on life support until their organs can be donated
- A Pennsylvania mother is accused of shooting her two young sons in the head Monday morning as they lay in bed in their Bucks County home. Police responded to the Upper Makefield Township scene at 7:05am, called there by another person who lives at the address who reported Trinh...
Ex-Cop Charged With
Murder in Shooting of Boy, 12
May 2, 2022 1:45 PM CDT
Ex-Cop Charged With Murder in Shooting of Boy, 12
DA says Edsaul Mendoza shot TJ Siderio in the back at near-point blank range
: A former Philadelphia police officer who was fired after the fatal shooting of a 12-year-old in March has been charged with murder. Prosecutors say the shot that killed Thomas "TJ" Siderio was fired from near-point blank range while the boy was unarmed and "essentially face down on...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Roberts: The Court Didn't Need to Do This
In His Roe Opinion, Thomas Flags Same-Sex Marriage
Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade
Rittenhouse to Pay for Lawsuits With Shooter Video Game
Cops: Vince Carter's Wife, Kids Hid During Burglary
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.