Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Raphael Warnock Wins
Georgia Runoff Election
Dec 6, 2022 10:31 PM CST
Raphael Warnock Wins Georgia Runoff Election
Democratic senator beats Herschel Walker
- Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock defeated Republican challenger Herschel Walker in a Georgia runoff election Tuesday, ensuring Democrats an outright majority in the Senate for the rest of President Biden’s term and helping cap an underwhelming midterm cycle for the GOP in the last major vote of the year, the...
With 70% of Votes Counted,
Georgia Race Too Close to Call
Dec 6, 2022 8:22 PM CST
With 70% of Votes Counted, Georgia Race Too Close to Call
Warnock took lead over Walker in early results
This story has been updated with new developments.
Polls closed at 7pm EST in Georgia's closely watched US Senate runoff election Tuesday. With around 70% of the vote counted, Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock had a very slight lead over Republican opponent Herschel Walker in unofficial results but the race...
Here's How Things
Look Ahead of
Dec 6, 2022 5:01 AM CST
Here's How Things Look Ahead of Georgia's Runoff
Democrats are cautiously optimistic
- 'Twas the night before Georgia's runoff election, and all through the state, things were looking fairly decent for Raphael Warnock. The Democratic senator, who is on the ballot for the fifth time in about two years—this time, competing against Herschel Walker for a full six-year term in...
Skewers Herschel Walker
in Cold Open
Dec 4, 2022 9:01 AM CST
Skewers Herschel Walker in Cold Open
Kenan Thompson portrays the Georgia candidate
isn't easing up on Herschel Walker in the final days ahead of his Georgia Senate runoff. The cold open of
Saturday Night Live
featured Kenan Thompson as Walker strategizing with Republican Sens. Mitch McConnell (James Austin Johnson), John Cornyn (Mikey Day), and Sen. Marsha Blackburn (Cecily Strong), per...
Warnock Leads, Obama Mocks,
but Walker Stays Close
Dec 2, 2022 8:56 AM CST
Warnock Leads, Obama Mocks, but Walker Stays Close
The Georgia Senate runoff is tight ahead of Tuesday
- To the surprise of no one, the Senate race between Raphael Warnock and Herschel Walker remains extremely tight days ahead of their Tuesday runoff election in Georgia. A CNN poll of likely voters out Friday gives Democratic incumbent Warnock a 52-48 lead over the former football star, a single point...
Trump Steering Clear
of Georgia Runoff
Nov 29, 2022 10:55 AM CST
Trump Steering Clear of Georgia Runoff
Former president doesn't plan a rally for Herschel Walker, which could backfire
- As the Senate runoff in Georgia heads into crunch time, one big name won't be playing a public role. Politico and the
New York Times
report that Donald Trump has no plans to stage one of his signature rallies for Herschel Walker. Trump is still a strong supporter of...
Herschel Walker Gets
Nov 23, 2022 7:11 AM CST
Herschel Walker Gets 'Erection' Trending
Georgia Senate candidate said 'erection' instead of 'election' as abortion allegations intensify
- Herschel Walker was talking about his upcoming runoff election on Fox News on Tuesday but the result was a whole bunch of "erection" jokes on Twitter. The word had slipped out of the Georgia Senate candidate's mouth and was soon trending on the social media site. "This...
Brian Kemp Makes Change,
Campaigns for Walker
Nov 19, 2022 5:35 PM CST
Brian Kemp Makes Change, Campaigns for Walker
Governor's showing in general election far surpassed the Senate nominee's
- After an election in which he received 200,000 more votes than Herschel Walker, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp made his first public appearance with his party's Senate candidate. "We cannot rest on our laurels here," Kemp said in a seven-minute speech Saturday at a rally in Cobb...
Judge Makes Big Ruling
on Early Voting in Georgia
Nov 19, 2022 10:00 AM CST
Judge Makes Big Ruling on Early Voting in Georgia
Voters can now head to polls on Saturday, Nov. 26, for Senate runoff race between Warnock, Walker
- The Georgia Senate race between Democrat Raphael Warnock and Republican Herschel Walker is headed for a Dec. 6 runoff , and thanks to a Fulton County judge's decision this week, locals can add one more day to the calendar in which they'll be able to cast their in-person ballot....
Walker Faces Tough Odds as
Money Pours Into Georgia Race
Nov 14, 2022 3:54 PM CST
Walker Faces Tough Odds as Money Pours Into Georgia Race
Stakes are lower, but both parties are still taking race very seriously
- Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker of Georgia is definitely the underdog heading into a runoff against Sen. Raphael Warnock, at least according to GOP operatives who spoke to the Hill . Walker finished 48,000 votes behind Warnock in the general election, in stark contrast to fellow Republican Gov. Brian Kemp,...
Advisers to Trump: Delay 2024
Announcement or Risk 'Silence'
Nov 10, 2022 8:46 AM CST
Advisers to Trump: Delay 2024 Announcement or Risk 'Silence'
Disappointing results from some of his endorsed candidates look to have weakened his power
- Republicans are asking former President Trump to delay his announcement of a presumed third White House bid until next month after disappointing midterm results, particularly from the candidates he backed. His own advisers see the results as "wounding to his political future," the
reports, adding advisers...
Warnock vs. Walker Will
Be Decided in December
Nov 9, 2022 1:36 PM CST
Warnock vs. Walker Will Be Decided in December
Georgia Senate race headed for a runoff
- One of the biggest contests of the 2022 midterms—Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock of Georgia vs. Republican challenger Herschel Walker—won't be decided for nearly a month. The AP on Wednesday reported that neither candidate crossed the 50% threshold needed under state law to win the race, and so...
Oct 31, 2022 10:34 AM CDT
New Poll Assesses 4 Key Senate Races
Democrats lead in 3, including Pennsylvania, and are deadlocked in Nevada, per 'NYT' data
- The midterms are just eight days away, and new polls continue to roll out—including a major one from the
New York Times
and Siena College. It looks at four key Senate races and finds that Democrats hold slim leads in three, with the last one deadlocked.
Hot Mic Picks Up Schumer's
Assessment of Senate Races
Oct 28, 2022 9:28 AM CDT
Hot Mic Picks Up Schumer's Assessment of Senate Races
'We're going downhill' in Georgia, he tells Biden
- After almost 50 years in politics, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer apparently still hasn't learned to be wary of hot mics. He was overheard delivering a candid, though mostly positive, assessment of Democrats' chances in Senate races to President Biden on the tarmac of Hancock Field Air National Guard...
Another Woman Says
Walker Paid for Her Abortion
Oct 26, 2022 7:05 PM CDT
Another Woman Says Walker Paid for Her Abortion
Senate candidate denies account, blames Democrats
- A woman came forward Wednesday to accuse Herschel Walker, the anti-abortion Republican running for US Senate in Georgia, of encouraging and paying for her 1993 abortion—an accusation that came just weeks after a former girlfriend said he did the same for her in 2009. Walker dismissed the newest allegation...
Show Pranks Herschel Walker
With Call to Report Crime
Oct 20, 2022 7:35 AM CDT
Show Pranks Herschel Walker With Call to Report Crime
Candidate told 'Tooning Out the News' he would see what he could do
- The cartoon news anchor on satirical show
Tooning Out the News
prank-called Senate candidate Herschel Walker this week over his claims to have law enforcement credentials. The James Smartwood character, voiced by RJ Fried, called the Republican candidate , told him his laptop had been stolen from his car the night...
Herschel Walker Tries to Flip
Badge Brouhaha in His Favor
Oct 18, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Herschel Walker Tries to Flip Badge Brouhaha in His Favor
Campaign of GOP Senate candidate from Ga. has ordered 1K plastic badges to use as fundraising tool
- By now, many of us have seen the moment when Herschel Walker whipped out an honorary deputy sheriff's badge during his debate Friday with Raphael Warnock as they both vie for a seat in the US Senate out of Georgia. Walker took heat from one of the moderators for...
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM CDT
Herschel Walker: 'Yes, That's My Check'
But GOP Senate candidate still insists he didn't know money would go toward ex-partner's abortion
- The Herschel Walker abortion saga continues. The GOP candidate for the US Senate out of Georgia has consistently pushed back on allegations that he paid for an ex's abortion, though in a Sunday chat with NBC News , Walker conceded on at least part of the story. "Yes, that'...
Place in 2nd
Oct 17, 2022 7:28 AM CDT
Empty Podium Takes Walker's Place in 2nd Ga. Debate
Dem Raphael Warnock, Libertarian Chase Oliver took the stage without the GOP candidate
- Like Friday night's debate in Georgia, there were two Senate candidates onstage Sunday during the sequel. Unlike Friday's debate, however, one of those candidates wasn't Herschel Walker. The Hill reports that Democratic candidate Raphael Warnock, the incumbent senator, faced off against Libertarian Chase Oliver in the debate...
on Badge He
Oct 17, 2022 12:28 AM CDT
Herschel Walker on Badge He Flashed During Debate: It's 'Legit'
Senate candidate responds to debate controversy
Herschel Walker on Sunday defended the moment he flashed a police badge during Friday's debate with Raphael Warnock. The Georgia Republican tells NBC News , "This is from my hometown. This is from Johnson County from the sheriff from Johnson County, which is a legit badge." A...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Tyre Nichols Video Is Released
Is It 'the Largest Con in Corporate History'?
Someone Is Hiding Razor Blades in Gas Pump Handles
'Best for Everyone That They Move On'
Reelected GOP Chair Says This Term Is Her Last
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.