Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Tragedy Strikes Family of 9
Traveling in California
May 15, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Tragedy Strikes Family of 9 Traveling in California
3 were killed, 6 others injured in highway collision
- A Chevy Suburban carrying nine members of a southern California family collided with a Tesla sedan Sunday near Palm Springs, killing three members of the family and injuring the other six, four of them seriously. The occupants of the SUV included parents, their children, and some cousins, all from Anaheim,...
May 12, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Musk's Chosen Successor at Twitter Revealed
Sources say it's NBCUniversal’s Linda Yaccarino
- The person who is in what's being described as "advanced talks" to take over as CEO of Twitter has been revealed: Sources tell the
Wall Street Journal
, and other outlets that it's NBCUniversal’s head of advertising, Linda Yaccarino. Elon Musk on Thursday said...
Elon Musk's No Good,
Very Bad, $13B-Loss Day
Apr 21, 2023 11:24 AM CDT
Elon Musk's No Good, Very Bad, $13B-Loss Day
Perfect storm involving 3 of his firms leads to financial fallout for CEO
- It's been a challenging few days for Elon Musk: Tesla had a disappointing earnings call on Wednesday, his SpaceX rocket exploded minutes after takeoff on Thursday, and Twitter continues to ... go through some things . The CEO took a big financial hit amid these struggles from all of his three...
Tesla Employees Allegedly
Shared Customer Videos
Apr 9, 2023 10:10 AM CDT
Tesla Employees Allegedly Shared Customer Videos
Footage shared included incidents of nudity and road rage
- A class-action suit filed in federal court in California alleges that Tesla employees have been passing around videos from customers' car cameras and mocking them over the footage. The suit alleges that over the course of three years, Tesla employees inappropriately shared photos and videos from the cameras without consent—...
Guy Got $137M in Tesla
Racism Case. It's Now $3.2M
Apr 4, 2023 1:00 AM CDT
Guy Got $137M in Tesla Racism Case. It's Now $3.2M
Tesla payout to former worker slashed by $134M
- A year and a half after Tesla was ordered to pay $137 million to a former contract employee who alleged racist abuse at a company factory in California, the award has been slashed—by a whopping 98%, Bloomberg reports. Tesla challenged the original amount, and a judge said the original...
Tesla Driver Accidentally
Drives Off in Stranger's Car
Mar 14, 2023 4:32 PM CDT
Tesla Driver Accidentally Drives Off in Stranger's Car
Vancouver resident says he 'found some glitch' in how Tesla's app works.
- A Tesla owner experienced an unsettling issue using the company's app to unlock and drive his white Model 3—it let him unlock and drive someone else's EV instead. "Apparently," Rajesh Randev of Vancouver tells Global News , "I found some glitch." In an interview...
Aims to Build
Mar 10, 2023 12:30 PM CST
Elon Musk Aims to Build 'Texas Utopia'
'Wall Street Journal' has the scoop on emerging 'town' on farmland near Austin
- Elon Musk's next big move: Building a company town, apparently. The
Wall Street Journal
reports that Musk or related entities have bought up to 6,000 acres of farmland outside the Texas capital of Austin. The goal has a Musk-like sound to it:
"In meetings with landowners and
New Tesla Complaints: Steering
Wheels Came Off While Driving
Mar 8, 2023 9:15 AM CST
New Tesla Complaints: Steering Wheels Came Off While Driving
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration probe is underway on Model Y Long Range SUV
- US auto safety regulators have opened an investigation into Tesla's Model Y SUV after getting two complaints that the steering wheels can come off while being driven. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says the probe covers an estimated 120,000 vehicles from the 2023 model year. The agency...
When Your Getaway Car
Is an EV, Charge It First
Mar 6, 2023 11:32 AM CST
When Your Getaway Car Is an EV, Charge It First
Georgia police say they busted thieves not far from the crime scene—charging their Tesla
- When endeavoring to avoid headlines for criminal idiocy with a green flair, you'd best remember one simple rule: Charge the EV in which you are attempting to flee the scene of your crime. As Fox5 reports, police say two would-be criminal masterminds robbed gaming systems from an unnamed store...
Feb 23, 2023 7:15 PM CST
Musk Partially Reverses Exit From California
Tesla's engineering headquarters will be in Palo Alto, not Texas
- After moving his residence to Texas and threatening to pull all of Tesla out of California, Elon Musk has had a change of heart. With California Gov. Gavin Newsom at his side, Musk announced Wednesday that the automaker's global engineering headquarters will be in Palo Alto. The headquarters will...
Tesla Reluctantly Recalls
363K 'Full Self-Driving' Cars
Feb 16, 2023 4:45 PM CST
Tesla Reluctantly Recalls 363K 'Full Self-Driving' Cars
Musk argues government agency's assessment on Twitter
- US safety regulators have pressured Tesla into recalling nearly 363,000 vehicles with its "Full Self-Driving" system because it misbehaves around intersections and doesn't always follow speed limits. The recall, part of a larger investigation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration into Tesla's automated driving systems,...
Tesla to Open Charger Network
Feb 15, 2023 4:30 PM CST
Tesla to Open Charger Network
Biden administration's plan calls for 500K chargers on roads by 2030
- An initiative has been launched by the Biden administration to increase the number of electric vehicle chargers on US roads—an effort that includes Tesla opening at least 7,500 of its charging stations to drivers of other makes. The goal is to have at least 500,000 chargers overall...
Mystery of Fatal Tesla Crash
With No Driver Is Solved
Feb 9, 2023 2:00 AM CST
Mystery of Fatal Tesla Crash With No Driver Is Solved
NTSB report finds that Autopilot was not in use after all in 2021 crash
- Authorities say they know why no one was in the driver's seat when a Tesla Model S crashed in 2021, killing the two men inside, and it's
the reason initially believed. Investigators from the National Transportation Safety Board determined that the driver moved into the back seat...
of the People
Feb 4, 2023 5:30 AM CST
Musk Celebrates Verdict: 'Wisdom of the People Has Prevailed!'
Jurors decide Musk didn't defraud Tesla investors with 2018 posts about EV automaker
- A jury on Friday decided Elon Musk didn't defraud investors with his 2018 tweets about electric automaker Tesla in a proposed deal that quickly unraveled and raised questions about whether the billionaire had misled investors. The nine-member jury reached its verdict after less than two hours of deliberation following...
Musk Defends His
'420' Tesla Tweets
Jan 23, 2023 6:25 PM CST
Musk Defends His '420' Tesla Tweets
He says he 'felt funding was secured' due to his ownership of SpaceX stock
- Elon Musk returned to federal court Monday in San Francisco, testifying that he believed he had locked up financial backing to take Tesla private during 2018 meetings with representatives from Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund—although no specific funding amount or price was discussed. The billionaire Tesla CEO and...
Musk's Tesla Tweet
Jan 18, 2023 5:40 PM CST
Musk's Tesla Tweet Trial Begins
'His lies caused regular people ... to lose millions and millions of dollars,' lawyer says
- Elon Musk was depicted Wednesday as either a liar who callously jeopardized the savings of "regular people" or a well-intentioned visionary as attorneys delivered opening statements at a trial focused on a Tesla buyout that never happened. Lawyers on opposing sides drew the starkly different portraits of Musk for...
Engineer Says Tesla
Self-Driving Video Was Staged
Jan 17, 2023 8:38 PM CST
Engineer Says Tesla Self-Driving Video Was Staged
'The intent of the video was not to accurately portray what was available for customers in 2016'
- A 2016 video promoting Tesla's self-driving technology wasn't what it appeared to be, a Tesla engineer testified. In previously unreported testimony, Ashok Elluswamy, director of Autopilot software, said the video was staged and the Tesla Model X involved wasn't really driving itself, reports Reuters . "The intent...
Teslas in the US Just
Got Less Expensive
Jan 13, 2023 4:10 PM CST
Teslas in the US Just Got Less Expensive
There are sudden big price drops on Model 3, Model Y cars in US, Europe as demand slows
- Last week, Tesla announced it was slashing the prices on all of its Model 3 and Model Y vehicles in China, in an attempt to keep up with a demand slowdown spurred by a slumping economy. Now, the US and Europe are getting a similar deal: Mashable reports the electric...
Cops Believe Tesla Plunge
Off Cliff Was Intentional
Jan 4, 2023 12:50 AM CST
Cops Believe Tesla Plunge Off Cliff Was Intentional
2 adults, 2 children survived the terrifying incident
- Police have arrested the male driver of a Tesla that plunged off a Northern California cliff Monday, accusing him of intentionally driving off the side of the Pacific Coast Highway in an area known as Devil's Slide. Dharmesh Arvind Patel, 41, who is from the Los Angeles area, survived...
As Tesla Stock Tanks, Musk
Has a Message for Staff
Dec 29, 2022 9:50 AM CST
As Tesla Stock Tanks, Musk Has a Message for Staff
CEO assures employees that, one day, 'Tesla will be the most valuable company on Earth!'
- Short sellers are celebrating Tesla's plummeting stock prices , but investors aren't happy, and they're now begging CEO Elon Musk—who's sold off billions of dollars worth of his shares to help fund his newest company, Twitter—to stop dumping his stock. Tesla employees are also likely...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Tuberville Makes Surprise Reversal on Military Holds
Magazine Devotes Issue to Trump 'Danger' Warnings
Feds: He Hired a Hit Man, Then the Hit Man Turned on Him
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.