Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Lawsuit: Widespread Racial
Abuse at Tesla Is 'Ongoing'
Sep 29, 2023 7:20 AM CDT
Lawsuit: Widespread Racial Abuse at Tesla Is 'Ongoing'
EEOC alleges company ignores swastikas, threats, and racial slurs at Fremont factory
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is suing Elon Musk's Tesla, alleging "widespread and ongoing racial harassment of its Black employees" and retaliation against those who speak out. The racial misconduct at Tesla's factory in Fremont, California, dating back to at least 2015, "was frequent, ongoing, inappropriate,...
DOJ's Tesla Probe Goes Beyond
Alleged Glass House for Musk
Sep 20, 2023 6:34 AM CDT
DOJ's Tesla Probe Goes Beyond Alleged Glass House for Musk
Prosecutors are looking at other perks the CEO may have received dating back to 2017
- A Justice Department investigation exploring whether Tesla funds were used to build a proposed glass house for CEO Elon Musk is more wide-reaching than previously known and could result in criminal charges. Federal prosecutors in New York are not only investigating other potential personal benefits Tesla provided to the billionaire...
Musk's Son Wasn't Impressed
by Gift From Erdogan
Sep 18, 2023 4:14 PM CDT
Musk's Son Wasn't Impressed by Gift From Erdogan
Billionaire took boy to meeting with Turkey's president
- Sunday was apparently Take Your Kid to Work Day for Elon Musk, who brought 3-year-old son X to a meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in New York City on Sunday. Erdogan offered the boy a soccer ball as a gift, though X seemed "unimpressed" with the present,...
The Car-Building Process
May Soon Be Upended
Sep 15, 2023 7:27 AM CDT
The Car-Building Process May Soon Be Upended
Tesla is mulling a 3D-printing move that could decrease production costs big time
- Tesla is working behind the curtain on a new manufacturing process that the Verge notes could prove to be a "huge industrial breakthrough." Multiple sources tell Reuters that the EV company is playing around with a new process that would allow it to die-cast pretty much the entire...
Report: Feds Are Investigating
Tesla's Secret 'Project 42'
Aug 31, 2023 7:29 AM CDT
Report: Feds Are Investigating Tesla's Secret 'Project 42'
Sources tell 'Wall Street Journal' that project was described as a glass house for Elon Musk
- Federal prosecutors in New York and the Securities and Exchange Commission are looking into a secret Tesla project known internally as "Project 42," sources tell the
Wall Street Journal
reported last month that the project was described internally as a glass-walled house for CEO Elon Musk...
Reuters Accuses Tesla of
Battery Range Manipulation
Jul 28, 2023 7:53 AM CDT
Reuters Accuses Tesla of Battery Range Manipulation
Report alleges 'Diversion Team' was formed to deal with battery range complaints
- A lengthy investigation by Reuters alleges that Tesla's batteries haven't always had the range the company touts—and that the company in 2022 put together a special team whose job was to try to convince drivers seeking service on their batteries to cancel those appointments. Neither Tesla nor...
Accused of 'Unrelenting'
Greed, Tesla Board Relents
Jul 18, 2023 1:23 PM CDT
Accused of 'Unrelenting' Greed, Tesla Board Relents
12 directors, including Elon Musk's brother, will return a total of $735M
- It pays to be on the board of Tesla, but one shareholder has successfully made the case that it paid way too much. The company's 12 directors have agreed to settle a lawsuit by returning $735 million to the company, reports Quartz . It's one of the largest shareholder...
Ford Cuts Price of Its
Electric Truck by $10K
Jul 17, 2023 10:20 AM CDT
Ford Cuts Price of Its Electric Truck by $10K
Move comes days after Tesla rolled out its electric Cybertruck
- The sticker price on Ford's F-150 Lightning electric pickup is being lowered by thousands of dollars thanks to increased plant capacity, falling costs for battery raw materials, and perhaps some competition from Tesla. Ford Motor Co. said Monday that final upgrades at its Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Michigan...
Tesla Turns Out
Its First Cybertruck
Jul 15, 2023 5:35 PM CDT
Tesla Turns Out Its First Cybertruck
Vehicle has been on the way since 2019
- Tesla has produced its first Cybertruck, the company announced Saturday. The electric pickup rolled out of the Tesla factory in Texas, the
Wall Street Journal
reports, almost four years after the prototype's awkward introduction; that event went off script when a demonstration of the invincibility of the vehicle's...
Tesla Sales Jump 83%
Jul 2, 2023 2:19 PM CDT
Tesla Sales Jump 83%
Analysts express concern about automaker's profit margins
- That was a good quarter, Tesla said Sunday. Second-quarter deliveries rose 83% from a year ago after the company cut prices several times on its four electric vehicle models and buyers took advantage of US government tax credits. The Austin, Texas, producer of EV, solar panels and batteries said it...
One Automaker Rules the Most
Jun 21, 2023 5:50 PM CDT
One Automaker Rules the Most 'Made-in-America' Vehicles
Tesla takes up top 4 spots in Cars.com ranking, starting with its Model Y
- Looking for a new set of wheels that will make you feel extra patriotic? Buy a Tesla—at least, one of the models that dominate the top four slots in Cars.com's most "American-made" vehicles index. Auto production in the US adds a big boost to the national...
Jun 11, 2023 9:35 AM CDT
Tesla Autopilot Crashes Way More Common Than Thought
'Washington Post' counts 736, including at least 17 fatalities
- Tesla's Autopilot technology, intended to enhance driver safety and convenience, is under scrutiny due to growing concerns about the interaction between the system and drivers. In the last four years, there have been 736 car accidents in which one of the vehicles was a Tesla on Autopilot, reports the...
During China Visit,
Musk Goes Silent on Twitter
Jun 1, 2023 6:24 AM CDT
During China Visit, Musk Goes Silent on Twitter
Chinese social media users praised 'Brother Horse'
- Elon Musk took an unusually long break from Twitter this week as he visited China, where the platform is banned. In his first visit to the country since before the pandemic, Musk met with top officials including China's foreign, commerce, and industry ministers, Reuters reports. The two-day visit also...
Musk Draws Flak for His
George Soros Comparison
May 16, 2023 11:40 AM CDT
Musk Draws Flak for His George Soros Comparison
Younger billionaire likens Soros to Marvel character Magneto, and not in a good way
- Elon Musk is picking a fight with another billionaire, none other than George Soros, a champion of progressive causes who is vilified on the far right. Musk first compared the 92-year-old Soros to Marvel character Magneto without elaboration, then later made clear that he thinks Soros "hates humanity."...
Tragedy Strikes Family of 9
Traveling in California
May 15, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Tragedy Strikes Family of 9 Traveling in California
3 were killed, 6 others injured in highway collision
- A Chevy Suburban carrying nine members of a southern California family collided with a Tesla sedan Sunday near Palm Springs, killing three members of the family and injuring the other six, four of them seriously. The occupants of the SUV included parents, their children, and some cousins, all from Anaheim,...
May 12, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Musk's Chosen Successor at Twitter Revealed
Sources say it's NBCUniversal’s Linda Yaccarino
- The person who is in what's being described as "advanced talks" to take over as CEO of Twitter has been revealed: Sources tell the
Wall Street Journal
, and other outlets that it's NBCUniversal’s head of advertising, Linda Yaccarino. Elon Musk on Thursday said...
Elon Musk's No Good,
Very Bad, $13B-Loss Day
Apr 21, 2023 11:24 AM CDT
Elon Musk's No Good, Very Bad, $13B-Loss Day
Perfect storm involving 3 of his firms leads to financial fallout for CEO
- It's been a challenging few days for Elon Musk: Tesla had a disappointing earnings call on Wednesday, his SpaceX rocket exploded minutes after takeoff on Thursday, and Twitter continues to ... go through some things . The CEO took a big financial hit amid these struggles from all of his three...
Tesla Employees Allegedly
Shared Customer Videos
Apr 9, 2023 10:10 AM CDT
Tesla Employees Allegedly Shared Customer Videos
Footage shared included incidents of nudity and road rage
- A class-action suit filed in federal court in California alleges that Tesla employees have been passing around videos from customers' car cameras and mocking them over the footage. The suit alleges that over the course of three years, Tesla employees inappropriately shared photos and videos from the cameras without consent—...
Guy Got $137M in Tesla
Racism Case. It's Now $3.2M
Apr 4, 2023 1:00 AM CDT
Guy Got $137M in Tesla Racism Case. It's Now $3.2M
Tesla payout to former worker slashed by $134M
- A year and a half after Tesla was ordered to pay $137 million to a former contract employee who alleged racist abuse at a company factory in California, the award has been slashed—by a whopping 98%, Bloomberg reports. Tesla challenged the original amount, and a judge said the original...
Tesla Driver Accidentally
Drives Off in Stranger's Car
Mar 14, 2023 4:32 PM CDT
Tesla Driver Accidentally Drives Off in Stranger's Car
Vancouver resident says he 'found some glitch' in how Tesla's app works.
- A Tesla owner experienced an unsettling issue using the company's app to unlock and drive his white Model 3—it let him unlock and drive someone else's EV instead. "Apparently," Rajesh Randev of Vancouver tells Global News , "I found some glitch." In an interview...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Law Would Jail Parents Whose Children Aren't Vaccinated
Incurable Disease Plaguing Young Stone Cutters
Congressman Pulled Fire Alarm Amid Capitol Hill Scramble
Costco's Newest Product Keeps Selling Out in Just 'Hours'
A New Look at the Killing of the 'Face of Red Power'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.