Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Carrie Fisher's Surprise
First Grandchild Arrives
Sep 26, 2020 6:30 AM CDT
Carrie Fisher's Surprise First Grandchild Arrives
Billie Lourd, who hadn't publicly announced she was pregnant, pays tribute to mom with baby name
gets right to the point: "Billie Lourd is a mom!" That was the
American Horror Story
actress's surprise announcement this week on Instagram , where she showed off the tiny feet of her new son with fiance Austen Rydell and revealed his name: Kingston Fisher Lourd...
What Critics Are Saying
Rise of Skywalker
Dec 19, 2019 7:40 AM CST
What Critics Are Saying About
Rise of Skywalker
'A bot would be able to pull off a more surprising movie'
- Some 225 critics have weighed in, deciding the new
movie is, well, not great.
The Rise of Skywalker
from director JJ Abrams (
The Force Awakens
), the ninth and closing episode in the so-called Skywalker Saga, has a 58% rating from critics on Rotten Tomatoes —a far cry...
Have a Beloved Character
Jul 28, 2018 7:00 AM CDT
Film Will Have a Beloved Character
The late Carrie Fisher will appear, thanks to the use of old footage
- Excellent news for fans of Princess Leia. Or in this case, General Leia. The late Carrie Fisher will appear in the upcoming
film thanks to unused footage, reports
. Director JJ Abrams announced the move Friday, and he said it had the blessing of Fisher's daughter, Billie...
Carrie Fisher Wins
Jan 28, 2018 5:25 PM CST
Carrie Fisher Wins Posthumous Grammy
She won best spoken word album Sunday
- Thirteen months after her death, Carrie Fisher won her first Grammy, CNN reports. The late actor and writer took home the award for best spoken word album Sunday for the audiobook to her 2016 memoir
The Princess Diarist
, which made headlines for revealing an affair she had with Harrison Ford...
Gary the Dog Had Heartwarming
The Last Jedi
Dec 15, 2017 5:10 PM CST
Gary the Dog Had Heartwarming Response to
The Last Jedi
Reporter tweets Gary 'perked up' whenever the late Carrie Fisher was onscreen
- Even in a galaxy far, far away, Gary knows his owner, HuffPost reports. An ABC 7 reporter tweets that the French bulldog who was inseparable from Carrie Fisher prior to her death attended a screening of her final film,
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
, on Thursday. "He sat on...
Carrie Fisher Had the Perfect
Gift for a Sexual Predator
Oct 16, 2017 5:15 PM CDT
Carrie Fisher Had the Perfect Gift for a Sexual Predator
Don't mess with Carrie Fisher
- With the Harvey Weinstein scandal engulfing Hollywood and people around the film industry wondering what can be done to prevent sexual harassment, the late actress Carrie Fisher may have the best answer yet, even from beyond the grave. Last week, Heather Ross, a screenwriter and friend of Fisher's, told...
Gives a Harrison
Ford Answer on
Sep 15, 2017 12:32 PM CDT
Harrison Ford Gives a Harrison Ford Answer on Fisher Affair
He finally addresses their alleged extramarital fling—kind of
- Han was allegedly not so Solo while making
in the mid-'70s with Carrie Fisher: The late actress, who played Princess Leia, revealed in her 2016 memoir,
The Princess Diarist
, that she had a three-month affair with Harrison Ford, who played Solo, during the making of the movie....
Princess Leia Appears in
Indiana Corn Field
Sep 10, 2017 12:30 PM CDT
Princess Leia Appears in Indiana Corn Field
Carrie Fisher's face and iconic hair buns are captured in corn
- A southern Indiana farmer who created a corn maze with trails outlining the face of
character Princess Leia says he planted it to honor the late actress Carrie Fisher, AP reports. Jeremy Goebel designed the maze in February, more than a month after Fisher's late December death,...
Cocaine, Traces of Heroin
in Carrie Fisher's System
Jun 19, 2017 11:30 AM CDT
Cocaine, Traces of Heroin in Carrie Fisher's System
Actress' toxicology report was released Monday
- Carrie Fisher's autopsy report shows the actress had cocaine in her system when she fell ill on a plane last year, but investigators could not determine what impact the cocaine and other drugs found in her system had on her death. The report released Monday states Fisher may have...
Carrie Fisher's Death
Jun 17, 2017 5:57 AM CDT
Carrie Fisher's Death Is 'Undetermined'
LA Coroner's office says actress died of sleep apnea, other factors
- Carrie Fisher died from sleep apnea and a combination of other factors, but investigators were not able to pinpoint an exact cause, the AP reports. Among the factors that contributed to Fisher's death was buildup of fatty tissue in the walls of her arteries, the Los Angeles County coroner'...
Was 'Kind of
Mar 23, 2017 9:46 AM CDT
Todd Fisher: Mom's Death Was 'Kind of Magical'
Debbie Reynolds chose to go be with daughter Carrie Fisher, he says
- Todd Fisher says his mother, Debbie Reynolds, set him up "for her leaving the planet" the day his sister and Reynolds' daughter, Carrie Fisher, died in December, the AP reports. In a new interview with
, Fisher says that after telling him she knew how hard it was...
In Moving Essay,
With Carrie Fisher
Jan 25, 2017 11:48 AM CST
In Moving Essay, Dan Aykroyd Recounts Romance With Carrie Fisher
'A privilege and honor'
- In a moving tribute in Empire , Dan Aykroyd describes falling in love with, and ultimately getting dumped by, Carrie Fisher. They met on
Saturday Night Live
and got involved while filming
, eventually moving in together. They considered marrying, even getting blood tests to determine compatibility, and Fisher whispered...
Lucasfilm Addresses the Issue
of Carrie Fisher in
Jan 14, 2017 11:05 AM CST
Lucasfilm Addresses the Issue of Carrie Fisher in
She won't be digitally inserted into the movie as Leia
- The makers of
have put a quick end to rumors that while Carrie Fisher has died, her Princess Leia may live on. Making a rare foray into the sprawling world of
speculation, Lucasfilm said Friday night that there are no plans to digitally recreate Fisher to...
Here's What Death Certificates
Reveal for Fisher, Reynolds
Jan 10, 2017 1:20 AM CST
Here's What Death Certificates Reveal for Fisher, Reynolds
Questions remain as to Fisher's cause of death
- Carrie Fisher's death certificate has been obtained by TMZ , but it doesn't answer many questions. It lists "cardiac arrest/deferred" as her cause of death, which means more testing, including toxicology testing, needs to be done before the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office can figure out what...
5 Reveals From
Jan 8, 2017 4:58 PM CST
5 Reveals From Carrie Fisher- Debbie Reynolds Documentary
'Bright Lights' hits an emotional nerve
- HBO's Carrie Fisher-Debbie Reynolds documentary premiered Saturday;
list some of the biggest reveals and emotional moments from
Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds
Their bond was incredibly close and complicated.
Says Fisher at one point in the documentary, "I’m trying to
It Appears Carrie Fisher's
Urn Is a Giant Prozac Pill
Jan 6, 2017 6:29 PM CST
It Appears Carrie Fisher's Urn Is a Giant Prozac Pill
And it's kind of perfect
- It appears Carrie Fisher's final resting place will be...a giant Prozac pill. A photo tweeted from Friday's private memorial service for Fisher and her mother, Debbie Reynolds, shows Fisher's brother Todd carrying what appears to be an urn in the shape of a Prozac pill. The...
Billie Lourd Speaks on
Loss of Mom, Grandma
Jan 2, 2017 3:16 PM CST
Billie Lourd Speaks on Loss of Mom, Grandma
Carrie Fisher's daughter thanks those who gave 'me strength during a time I thought strength could not exist'
- One day, everything was chugging along for Billie Lourd. Then within the space of 36 hours, her mom, Carrie Fisher, died after a heart attack , and Lourd's grieving grandmother, Debbie Reynolds, died after saying "I want to be with Carrie. " It took the 24-year-old Lourd til Monday...
Carrie Fisher's Death
Could Mean $50M for Disney
Jan 1, 2017 11:39 AM CST
Carrie Fisher's Death Could Mean $50M for Disney
It would be the biggest single personal accident insurance claim of all time
- For those already cynical about how Disney will probably "shamelessly [CGI] Carrie Fisher's face into episode IX," as one Twitter user noted last week , another possible reason to be cynical: Disney could actually be reaping quite a windfall from Fisher's death, the
New York Post
New Orleans Parade
Honors Carrie Fisher
Dec 31, 2016 10:02 AM CST
New Orleans Parade Honors Carrie Fisher
Tap-dancing Princess Leias led the way.
- Carrie Fisher was honored New Orleans style Friday as thousands of people joined a parade in honor of the late star and her most famous role. The "Interergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus" Mardi Gras crew organized the parade through the city, which featured many marchers dressed as Princess Leia and...
Reynolds Once Worried She
Wouldn't 'Survive' Losing Carrie
Dec 30, 2016 9:52 AM CST
Reynolds Once Worried She Wouldn't 'Survive' Losing Carrie
Meanwhile, a new documentary on the mother and daughter is set to air next year
- Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds filmed a final love story before their deaths: their own. HBO's
Bright Lights: Starring Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher
is "about both of them trying to stand upright, both having their frailties—age on the one hand, and mental illness on the other,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
US Downs Chinese Balloon Off South Carolina Coast
Now There's a 2nd Balloon, per Pentagon
A Vital Mineral Deposit Could Bring Big Change to Nebraska Village
This Reporter Followed George Santos Around for 16 Hours
Judge Wants Answers After Jan. 6 Defendant Recants Guilt
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.