Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Jewish Man to
Death Is Antisemitic
Oct 13, 2021 3:24 PM CDT
Court: Judge Who Sentenced Jewish Man to Death Is Antisemitic
'Texas 7' member Randy Halprin may now get a new trial
- Randy Halprin was six days from execution when an appeals court granted a stay in 2019. Two years later, the 44-year-old is destined for a new trial after a Texas judge determined his 2003 death sentence for capital murder, delivered by former Dallas County District Judge Vickers Cunningham, was the...
Now Covers Auschwitz
Oct 6, 2021 9:45 AM CDT
Antisemitic Graffiti Now Covers Auschwitz
9 barracks vandalized Tuesday with English, German slurs
- Antisemitic terms and other phrases denying the Holocaust appeared Tuesday on at least nine buildings at the site of the former Nazi German death camp Auschwitz, where at least 1.1 million prisoners died during the Holocaust, 90% of whom were Jews. The spray-painted graffiti was written in English and...
Sep 19, 2021 1:40 PM CDT
Holocaust Memorial 'Screams— Be Vigilant'
Dutch renew fight against anti-Semitism at unveiling
- King Willem-Alexander unveiled a new memorial in the heart of Amsterdam's historic Jewish Quarter on Sunday honoring more than 102,000 Dutch victims of the Holocaust, and the Dutch prime minister vowed that it would remind citizens today to be vigilant against anti-Semitism. Designed by Polish-Jewish architect Daniel Libeskind,...
Pope Meets Orban, Then Asks
Faithful to Be Tolerant and Open
Sep 12, 2021 3:10 PM CDT
Pope Meets Orban, Then Asks Faithful to Be Tolerant and Open
Francis' address to crowd seems to counter official policy in Hungary
- After meeting Sunday with a nationalist ruler who's reduced civil liberties and judicial independence while opposing immigration, Pope Francis asked the people of Hungary for tolerance. His comments, delivered to as many as 100,000 people at an outdoor Mass in Budapest, appeared to be in conflict with the...
Host Now Has
Old Podcast Remarks to Explain
Aug 19, 2021 9:40 AM CDT
Host Now Has Old Podcast Remarks to Explain
Mike Richards' 2013-'14 comments on women, Jews, and Haiti are raising eyebrows
- When it was revealed earlier this month that Mike Richards, the new permanent host of the regular version of
, had been named in discrimination lawsuits during his time as a producer on
The Price Is Right
, he insisted that those complaints "[do] not reflect the reality of who...
He Crashed Into Home,
Started Shooting. Now,
a Hate Crime Probe
Jun 28, 2021 10:04 AM CDT
He Crashed Into Home, Started Shooting. Now, a Hate Crime Probe
Mass. authorities investigating incident that left 2 Black bystanders dead in Winthrop
- A shooting over the weekend near Boston that left a retired Massachusetts State Police officer and an Air Force veteran dead is now being investigated as a hate crime, as the two Black victims were gunned down while other bystanders escaped without being targeted. Authorities say 28-year-old Nathan Allen stole...
Is Wrong' About
May 25, 2021 12:54 PM CDT
McCarthy: 'Marjorie Is Wrong' About Holocaust
Jewish group asks lawmaker to educate herself
- After thinking about it for a few days, Republican congressional leaders have slammed Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene's likening of coronavirus rules to the Holocaust. House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy and Senate Minority Leader did not hedge in their statements Tuesday. "Marjorie is wrong, and her intentional decision to...
Biden Speaks Out
Against 'Despicable' Rise
in Anti-Semitic Attacks
May 24, 2021 1:01 PM CDT
Biden Speaks Out Against 'Despicable' Rise in Anti-Semitic Attacks
Attacks have surged since start of Gaza conflict
- President Biden spoke out Monday against a disturbing rise in anti-Semitic attacks in the US linked to the Gaza conflict. "The recent attacks on the Jewish community are despicable, and they must stop," the president tweeted . "I condemn this hateful behavior at home and abroad—it’s...
He Was Walking to a
Pro-Israel Rally. Then,
'4 Terrifying Minutes'
May 22, 2021 8:30 AM CDT
He Was Walking to a Pro-Israel Rally. Then, '4 Terrifying Minutes'
Jewish man beaten by mob in NYC's Times Square: 'I could have died'
- A Jewish man headed toward a pro-Israel rally over the current conflict in the Gaza Strip was beaten by a mob in New York City's Times Square earlier this week, with the relentless attack continuing for what the
New York Daily News
describes as "four terrifying minutes."...
New York, LA
as Hate Crimes
May 21, 2021 4:20 PM CDT
New York, LA Investigate Attacks as Hate Crimes
In both cases, assaults on Jewish victims happened during pro-Palestinian demonstrations
- The nation's two largest cities are investigating attacks on Jewish bystanders by pro-Palestinian demonstrators. The New York and Los Angeles police departments are looking into the assaults this week as possible hate crimes. In New York, a man was kicked and beaten by several people when pro-Palestinian marchers fought...
Wrong-Way Bicyclist Faces
Hate-Crime Charges in NYC
May 3, 2021 6:37 AM CDT
Wrong-Way Bicyclist Faces Hate-Crime Charges in NYC
NYPD makes an arrest in series of attacks on synagogues
- The NYPD says it has caught the man responsible for a series of attacks on local synagogues —and they say he was riding a bike stolen from one of those synagogues when arrested. Officers stopped 29-year-old Jordan Burnette, a resident of the Riverdale neighborhood of the Bronx, in the...
Trial in Slaying
of Jewish Woman
Apr 25, 2021 12:00 PM CDT
Protesters Want Trial in Slaying of Jewish Woman
Macron is among those calling for a change in French law
- Protesters in Paris and other French cities on Sunday denounced a ruling by France's highest court that the killer of a Jewish woman was not criminally responsible and therefore could not go on trial. Thousands of people filled Trocadero Plaza in Paris, in front of the Eiffel Tower, answering...
Football Coach Fired Over
Mar 25, 2021 2:05 AM CDT
Football Coach Fired Over Anti-Semitic Playcalls
High school team in Massachusetts allegedly used terms including 'Auschwitz'
- The Duxbury High School football team in Massachusetts used anti-Semitic terms as play calls, school officials confirmed Wednesday when they announced the termination of the team's coach. Dave Maimaron, who coached the team to five championships since he was hired in 2005, was fired from that role; he was...
It's a 'Perfect Storm' for
White Supremacist Recruiters
Mar 17, 2021 3:41 PM CDT
It's a 'Perfect Storm' for White Supremacist Recruiters
Anti-Defamation League finds hateful propaganda spreading at decade-high levels
- White supremacist propaganda across the US reached the highest level in at least a decade last year, according to a report from the Anti-Defamation League. It describes 5,125 cases of hateful messages targeting people who are non-white, Black, Jewish, Muslim, or identify as LGBTQ, spread through physical materials, up...
NBA Star Feels the Heat
After 'Inexcusable' Comment
Mar 12, 2021 7:00 AM CST
NBA Star Feels the Heat After 'Inexcusable' Comment
Miami Heat's Meyers Leonard fined $50K, suspended for week for using anti-Semitic slur
- The Miami Heat pulled forward Meyers Leonard away from the team "indefinitely" this week after he was caught on video using an anti-Semitic slur, and now the Heat has qualified what "indefinitely" means. The 29-year-old will be suspended from all team activities and barred from using Heat facilities...
in Hot Water Over
Mar 10, 2021 1:44 AM CST
Miami Heat's Meyers Leonard in Hot Water Over Anti-Semitic Slur
The NBA center now 'away' from the team
- Meyers Leonard "will be away from the team indefinitely" after the Miami Heat center used an anti-Semitic slur while streaming himself playing a video game, the NBA team says. The 29-year-old was playing
Call of Duty: Warzone
live on Twitch Monday when he went on an expletive-laden rant that...
Frontier: Maskless Fliers, Not
Anti-Semitism, Canceled Flight
Mar 2, 2021 7:49 AM CST
Frontier: Maskless Fliers, Not Anti-Semitism, Canceled Flight
Flight out of Miami to NYC canceled after Sunday incident with Hasidic Jewish passengers
- A chaotic scene on a Frontier Airlines flight before takeoff ended with a group of Hasidic Jews being asked to leave, the entire plane eventually being emptied, and now, accusations of anti-Semitism—all over what the airline says was the group's refusal to wear face masks. The incident took...
Man Injured in Attack on
Dec 14, 2020 2:12 PM CST
Man Injured in Attack on Menorah-Lighting Ceremony
Kentucky attacker shouted anti-Semitic abuse
- A man was injured in an attack on a menorah-lighting ceremony outside a Jewish community center in Kentucky Saturday night—but he insisted that the menorah be lit before he was taken to a hospital. In a Facebook post, Lexington's Chabad of the Bluegrass says a car pulled up...
3 Decades Later,
Roald Dahl's Family
Dec 7, 2020 12:01 AM CST
3 Decades Later, Roald Dahl's Family Addresses His Anti-Semitism
Calls it 'incomprehensible' to them
- Roald Dahl may have produced some of the most beloved children's books of all time, but the author also issued a number of anti-Semitic comments. Now, his family is issuing what NPR calls a belated apology. "The Dahl family and the Roald Dahl Story Company deeply apologize for...
Facebook's Thinking Has
'Evolved' on Banning
Oct 12, 2020 1:09 PM CDT
Facebook's Thinking Has 'Evolved' on Banning Holocaust Denial
Zuckerberg says material that distorts or denies it will now be banned
- Facebook's free speech policy no longer extends to Holocaust denial. The company announced Monday that material which "denies or distorts" the Holocaust will be banned, CNBC reports. CEO Mark Zuckerberg said he has "struggled with the tension between standing for free expression and the harm caused by...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Kyrsten Sinema Says She's Leaving Democratic Party
It's a 'Huge Milestone' for US Currency
Griner in 'Very Good Spirits,' as Viktor Bout Slams US
Congressman-Elect, 25, Denied DC Apartment
Jackass Star Bam Margera Reportedly on Ventilator
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.