Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Dumps Susan Sarandon
Over Israel Comments
Nov 22, 2023 12:30 AM CST
Talent Agency Dumps Susan Sarandon Over Israel Comments
And more uproar in Hollywood related to Israel-Hamas war
- Hollywood is increasingly divided over the Israel-Hamas war, and for weeks now, there's been talk in some circles comparing the situation to McCarthy-era blacklisting . Two particularly big names are involved in the latest round of headlines: Susan Sarandon and Tom Cruise. Read on for more:
X Makes Good on Elon Musk's
Nov 21, 2023 12:00 AM CST
X Makes Good on Elon Musk's 'Thermonuclear' Lawsuit
Social network sues Media Matters, which issued findings on antisemitic content
- Elon Musk on Monday followed through on his promise that X would sue Media Matters, the progressive watchdog organization that called out antisemitic content on the social network. "Media Matters knowingly and maliciously manufactured side-by-side images depicting advertisers' posts on X Corp.'s social media platform beside Neo-Nazi...
IBM Says It's Suspending
All Advertising on X
Nov 17, 2023 6:13 AM CST
IBM Says It's Suspending All Advertising on X
Musk faces backlash after agreeing with antisemitic post on platform
- IBM has "zero tolerance for hate speech and discrimination," the company said Thursday, announcing that it is suspending all advertising on X. The move followed a Media Matters for America report Thursday that advertising from IBM and other large companies had been appearing next to pro-Nazi content on...
French March Against
Nov 12, 2023 10:10 AM CST
French March Against Rising Antisemitism
Macron promises to punish those responsible for acts
- Tens of thousands of people marched in Paris on Sunday to protest increasing acts of antisemitism during Israel's war against Hamas in Gaza. Prime Minister Elisabeth Borne and representatives of several parties on the left, as well as far-right leader Marine Le Pen, attended Sunday's march in the...
Cornell Suspect's Parents Say
He Had 'Severe Depression'
Nov 2, 2023 11:46 AM CDT
Cornell Suspect's Parents Say He Had 'Severe Depression'
Patrick Dai, 21, has been arrested, accused of sending messages threatening to kill Jews
- A Cornell University student suspected of posting violent threats against Jewish people on an online forum has been arrested, charged, and held without bail. Patrick Dai of New York faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted of posting threats to kill or injure...
Vandal: 'I'm Just an Artist'
Nov 1, 2023 5:55 PM CDT
Alleged Synagogue Vandal: 'I'm Just an Artist'
NYC man Lenny De La Rosa faces hate crime charges over August vandalism spree
- A New York City man accused of vandalizing three synagogues has been charged with four counts of criminal mischief in the fourth degree as a hate crime—but he claims he is "just an artist." Asked by the
New York Post
whether he is antisemitic or "hates...
Arrest Made After
Antisemitic Threats at Cornell
Oct 31, 2023 6:05 PM CDT
Arrest Made After Antisemitic Threats at Cornell
Threats caused some Jewish students to flee campus
- New York Gov. Kathy Hochul says a person has been taken into custody in connection with a series of antisemitic threats that left some Jewish students too afraid to stay in campus residences at Cornell University. "Law enforcement identified a person of interest as part of the investigation and...
Man Charged With Antisemitic
Threats to Jewish Senator
Oct 31, 2023 6:45 AM CDT
Man Charged With Antisemitic Threats to Jewish Senator
John Anthony Miller allegedly vowed to 'finish what Hitler started' in messages to Jacky Rosen
- A Nevada man has been arrested after allegedly leaving antisemitic voicemails at the office of Sen. Jacky Rosen. Before becoming the third Jewish woman to serve in Congress, Rosen served as president of Nevada's largest synagogue. Part of a delegation of senators who visited Israel after Hamas' Oct. 7...
Jewish Students at
Cornell Fearful After
Oct 30, 2023 7:31 AM CDT
Jewish Students at Cornell Fearful After 'Horrific' Threats
Online messages threatened rape of Jews, shooting at building with college's kosher dining hall
- Threatening messages on an online forum used by Cornell University students sparked fear among the Jewish community there over the weekend, and an investigation is ongoing. Per student newspaper the
, the messages popped up Saturday and Sunday on forums on Greekrank, a site dedicated to frats and sororities...
Hundreds Storm Russia Airport
to Protest Flight From Israel
Oct 30, 2023 1:00 AM CDT
Hundreds Storm Russia Airport to Protest Flight From Israel
Some were chanting antisemitic slogans, officials say
- Hundreds of people stormed into the main airport in Russia's Dagestan region and onto the landing field Sunday, chanting antisemitic slogans and seeking passengers arriving on a flight from Tel Aviv, Israel, Russian news agencies and social media reported. Russian news reports said the crowd surrounded the airliner, which...
High School Coach Resigns
Over Team's 'Nazi' Play Call
Sep 27, 2023 10:25 AM CDT
High School Coach Resigns Over Team's 'Nazi' Play Call
Tim McFarland of Ohio's Brooklyn High School steps down after players' antisemitic jabs
- An Ohio high school football coach resigned Monday after his team used racist and antisemitic language to call plays during a game last week. Brooklyn High School coach Tim McFarland and his players repeatedly used the word "Nazi" as a play call in a game against Beachwood High School....
Sep 5, 2023 1:30 AM CDT
Elon Musk: Anti-Defamation League Cost X $22B
He says the site formerly known as Twitter might sue the ADL
- In an apparently unprompted tweet Monday, Elon Musk blamed the Anti-Defamation League for costing X, the social networking site formerly known as Twitter, $22 billion. One of the tweets , all of which came "seemingly out of the blue" according to NBC News , read, "To clear our platform's...
Hold March as
Sep 3, 2023 2:17 PM CDT
Hate Groups Hold March as Florida Braces for More
Demonstration near Orlando draws small crowd and is denounced by lawmaker
- Hate groups marched outside Orlando on Saturday, shouting, "We are everywhere!" in a video posted by a Florida state representative. Democratic Rep. Anna V. Eskamani denounced the demonstration and called it "another example of the far right extremism growing" in the state. The Anti-Defamation League's Center...
Bradley Cooper's Prosthetic
Nose Doesn't Go Over Well
Aug 16, 2023 11:38 AM CDT
Bradley Cooper's Prosthetic Nose Doesn't Go Over Well
Critics say prosthesis used in Leonard Bernstein biopic is antisemitic
- On Tuesday, Netflix dropped a trailer for
, a biopic about
West Side Story
conductor and composer Leonard Bernstein that's headed to theaters on Nov. 22 and to the streaming platform the following month. Netflix plugs the film as a "towering and fearless love story" and "a...
Jennifer Aniston Caught Up
in Storm Over Jamie Foxx Post
Aug 7, 2023 7:54 AM CDT
Jennifer Aniston Caught Up in Storm Over Jamie Foxx Post
Accusations of antisemitism, misunderstanding of Black vernacular abound
- Jamie Foxx continues to make headlines, but this time it has nothing to do with his mystery illness . The 55-year-old
actor caused ripples over the weekend after putting up a post online that some decried as antisemitic, then issuing an apology for it. The offending post, which...
Jul 31, 2023 11:29 AM CDT
Adidas Is Unloading More Yeezys
Sales will again benefit various organizations fighting racism and antisemitism
- Adidas is still sitting on a pile of Yeezys, and it's looking to clear them out in the wake of the potentially financially disastrous breakup in October with Kanye West, now Ye, over his antisemitic statements. As CNN reports, the second wave of post-Ye stock is set to go...
Antisemitism Apology Greets
Visitors to Author's Museum
Jul 22, 2023 12:50 PM CDT
Antisemitism Apology Greets Visitors to Author's Museum
Statement calls Roald Dahl's racism undeniable
- A museum that celebrates the writings of Roald Dahl is making clear that it doesn't celebrate everything the British author said and did. The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Center near London has installed a sign apologizing to visitors for Dahl's antisemitic statements, the
Bucks Free Press
Kennedy: Posts Weren't Racist
Jul 20, 2023 2:37 PM CDT
Kennedy: Posts Weren't Racist
House Republicans defend having candidate testify about online treatment of conservatives
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. defended himself Thursday against accusations that he traffics in racist and hateful online conspiracy theories, testifying at a House hearing on government censorship despite requests from outside groups to disinvite the Democratic presidential candidate. The Republican-led Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government is...
In Deadliest Antisemitic
Attack in US History, a Verdict
Jun 16, 2023 1:29 PM CDT
In Deadliest Antisemitic Attack in US History, a Verdict
Truck driver Robert Bowers is found guilty of killing 11 in Pittsburgh's Tree of Life synagogue shooting
- A truck driver who expressed hatred of Jews was convicted Friday of barging into a Pittsburgh synagogue and shooting everyone he could find, killing 11 congregants in an act of antisemitic terror for which he could be sentenced to die. The guilty verdict was a foregone conclusion after Robert Bowers'...
Mar 27, 2023 6:20 PM CDT
Patriots Owner Funds Effort to Battle Antisemitism
Campaign will include ads intended to move people who aren't Jewish
- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft faced the camera during a video call, pointing to a small, sky-blue lapel pin on his blazer. The pin is the symbol of a $25 million "Stand Up to Jewish Hate" campaign launched Monday by the 81-year-old billionaire through his Foundation to Combat...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
Santos: 'I No Longer Have to Answer a Single Question'
Her Body Was Found by Rock Climbers 26 Years Ago
$100M Botticelli Found in Home
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.