Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Parents Television Council
Aug 27, 2013 10:15 AM CDT
Miley Follows VMAs With Butt Photos
So that happened. Plus, reactions to Cyrus' raunchy performance
- Even after her VMAs twerkfestapalooza , Miley Cyrus apparently does not think the world has seen quite enough of her rear end. Cyrus followed up Sunday's raunchy show with similarly raunchy pictures of her behind, posted on Twitter last night and this morning. In related news, Billy Ray Cyrus (whose...
CBS May Be
in Trouble for
super bowl xlvii
Feb 4, 2013 9:53 AM CST
CBS May Be in Trouble for Flacco F-Bomb
Parents Television Council wants FCC to investigate
- Another Super Bowl will be investigated by the FCC—not for a wardrobe malfunction this time, but for an F-bomb. While celebrating last night's win, Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco appeared to say, "This is f---ing awesome," Politico reports. Another player apparently said, "Holy shit."...
on TV: Up 6,300%
Aug 24, 2012 4:00 AM CDT
Full-Frontal Nudity on TV: Up 6,300%
Parents Television Council found 64 instances of full-frontal
- TV has gotten a whole lot racier, according to a report by the Parents Television Council . It found that instances of full-frontal nudity jumped 6,300% last year, from just one instance in the 2010-2011 television season to 64 last year. "Full nudity" also ratcheted up 407%, to 76...
Jun 10, 2011 2:00 AM CDT
Advertisers shunned show that depicted teens having sex, taking drugs
- MTV has pulled the plug on controversial sexed-up teen drama
after just one season. The much-talked-about US adaptation of the British hit, deserted by advertisers under pressure from the Parents Television Council , never attracted a huge audience, although it outperformed MTV's other scripted show,
The Hard Times of
Oct 21, 2010 10:31 AM CDT
Star Sorry for 'Pedophile'
However, Dianna Aragon does want to know why your kid is reading GQ
- At least one
cast member is apologizing for the racy
photo shoot that has the Parents Television Council up in arms . Dianna Agron writes on her blog , “I am sorry. If you are hurt or these photos make you uncomfortable, it was never our intention,” but...
Oct 11, 2010 10:39 AM CDT
Parents Rip Sexy New Miley Video
17-year-old writhes on bed, grinds on dance floor
- Another day, another Miley Cyrus sexxxy video scandal. In her latest music video—we watched it so you wouldn’t have to—a blindfolded Ms. Miley romps around on a bed in her underwear, and gets groped on the dance floor while only slightly more clothed. Not surprisingly, the Parents...
Threatens CBS Over
$#*! My Dad Says
bleeping doesn't cut it
May 21, 2010 7:39 AM CDT
Parents Council Threatens CBS Over
$#*! My Dad Says
Network just wants to offend people, prez says
- Well, that didn’t take long: The Parents Television Council is, in a not entirely shocking move, protesting new CBS show
$#*! My Dad Says
. The decision to include an expletive—albeit a bleeped expletive—in the name of the sitcom demonstrates the network’s “contempt for families and...
of Taunting FCC
With Stewie Doo-Doo
May 5, 2010 6:00 AM CDT
Accused of Taunting FCC With Stewie Doo-Doo
Parents Council: Creator out to break rules
foes at the Parents Television Council say the show has gone beyond merely ignoring FCC guidelines to actively trying to break them. The watchdog group—irked by a gag in the latest show that involved the family dog's appetite and the contents of baby Stewie's diaper—demands...
May Only Help
Nov 9, 2009 11:14 AM CST
Threesome Complaints May Only Help
Parents Television Council likely to boost racy episode's ratings
- The CW might want to write a thank-you note to the Parents Television Council: All of its moaning about tonight’s
threesome is serving as free publicity for the show, which may just help boost its sagging ratings. No ads have been pulled and no affiliates are boycotting,...
Parents Council Freaks Over
Nov 4, 2009 10:27 AM CST
Parents Council Freaks Over
Urges local affiliates to preempt the program
- The Parents Television Council is on the warpath, this time over news that the upcoming episode of
will feature a threesome. The group has sent a letter to CW affiliates warning that they’ll be “complicit in establishing a precedent and expectation that teenagers should engage in...
Fonda Swears She's Sorry
Feb 15, 2008 6:37 AM CST
Fonda Swears She's Sorry for Obscenity
Today show apologizes for on-air slip, decency watchdogs want delay
host Meredith Vieira got an unpleasant shock yesterday when Jane Fonda let the C-word slip while discussing the
New York Daily News
reports. "It was a slip, and obviously she apologizes, and so do we," Vieira told viewers. Fonda's blooper came when she was...
And More and More, in Public
Nov 27, 2007 2:55 PM CST
I Swear! And More and More, in Public
Profanity has moved beyond private discourse, experts say
- Profanity seems to be more and more widespread, but linguists suggest people aren't actually swearing more—they're just swearing more publicly. The tide of athletes and musicians who pepper their language with choice four-letter words is meeting a surge of media avenues that aren't regulated by the government, resulting in...
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Researchers May Have Cracked a Cancer Enigma
Matthew Perry's Famous Stepdad Breaks His Silence
Woman Dies After Falling Into Home's Hidden Well Shaft
Cops Chasing Stolen Forklift Find Surprise Driver
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.