Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Avengers, Thanos Actors
Send Their Love to Renner
Jan 4, 2023 6:45 PM CST
Avengers, Thanos Actors Send Their Love to Renner
'Tough as nails. Love you buddy,' Chris Evans wrote
- Jeremy Renner, who was critically injured in a New Year's Day snowplow accident, shared a selfie from his hospital bed in an Instagram post Tuesday—and the
star got a lot of love from other actors in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
reports that Renner, who plays Hawkeye,...
Disney Sues to Keep Rights
to Avengers Characters
Sep 28, 2021 6:58 PM CDT
Disney Sues to Keep Rights to Avengers Characters
Lawyer for creators, heirs has filed notices of copyright termination
- A battle between high-powered lawyers is looming over the legal rights to some of Marvel's best-known characters, including Iron Man, Thor, Spider-Man, and Black Widow. Disney, owner of Marvel Entertainment, has filed lawsuits in a bid to retain full control of the characters, the
reports. The suits were...
Oct 22, 2020 1:00 AM CDT
Fight Over Chris Pratt Gets Very Political
A Twitter meme turns into a battle over Pratt's religion, beliefs, politics, and character
- Chris Pratt, anger magnet? Sure looks that way. The Hollywood actor was savaged on Twitter and defended by colleagues this week after an Internet challenge named him Hollywood's "worst Chris," Deadline reports. TV writer and producer Amy Berg started it by asking Twitter which Hollywood Chris "...
The 10 Most-Googled
Terms of the Year
Dec 11, 2019 10:20 AM CST
The 10 Most-Googled Terms of the Year
Disney Plus tops the list, and yes, 'Baby Yoda' makes an appearance on a sub-list
- What did Americans want to know about this year? Google is letting us know via its annual list of the most-searched-for terms in the US:
Disney Plus :
Disney's addition to the ever-growing list of streaming services tops the list for 2019.
Cameron Boyce :
The Disney Channel star was found
Dec 11, 2019 10:00 AM CST
Ridicule Follows Campaign Clip Showing Trump as Supervillain
Critics wonder if officials actually watched 'Avengers: Endgame'
- What's next for President Trump after his turn as Rocky Balboa ?
supervillain Thanos, apparently. "House Democrats can push their sham impeachment all they want. President Trump's re-election is inevitable," the Trump War Room said in a Tuesday tweet that shares a new campaign ad...
Now, It's Just
May 5, 2019 3:20 PM CDT
Now, It's Just
vs. James Cameron
The Marvel epic is ahead of 'Titanic' but behind 'Avatar'
crushed the global box office for a second straight week and hit $2.189 billion worldwide—putting it ahead of one James Cameron-directed movie and behind another for the highest-grossing movie ever, per the
is ahead of
($2.187 billion, adjusted for inflation)...
Officials: Scientology Ship
Quarantined Over Measles
May 2, 2019 6:52 AM CDT
Officials: Scientology Ship Quarantined Over Measles
Nearly 300 people are stuck on the Freewinds docked in St. Lucia
- On the Freewinds cruise ship, there's one person currently being kept in isolation with the measles—while nearly 300 others are being kept on board at a port in St. Lucia. The 440-foot-long ship has been quarantined since Monday due to a female crew member's measles diagnosis, meaning...
Apr 28, 2019 11:25 AM CDT
Avengers blockbuster brings in $350M
has shattered the record for biggest opening weekend with an estimated $350 million in domestic ticket sales and $1.2 billion globally, per the AP . The Marvel Studios superhero blockbuster far exceeded even its own gargantuan expectations. The movie's domestic haul blew past the previous record of...
Apr 27, 2019 8:00 AM CDT
Man Allegedly Attacked for Blabbing About
Incident reportedly happened in Hong Kong
- The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club—a rule that should now perhaps apply to
. Fans have been going wild for what's said to be "the most fulfilling" Marvel movie yet , but in Hong Kong, some may have gone...
What Critics Are
Apr 26, 2019 11:15 AM CDT
What Critics Are Saying About
It's 'the most fulfilling' Marvel flick yet, according to one
- How do superheroes bounce back after seeing half of the universe's creatures destroyed? With a focus on family, and a much needed dose of humor, according to critics, who give
a 96% rating on Rotten Tomatoes . Set five years after the events of 2018's
Report: Scarlett Johansson
Will Get $15M for
Oct 12, 2018 12:05 AM CDT
Report: Scarlett Johansson Will Get $15M for
Payday would equal that of male Avengers co-stars
- Scarlett Johansson, already the world's highest-paid actress, according to
, is going to be paid a cool $15 million for starring in the first standalone Black Widow
movie, sources tell the
. It's good news for gender parity as well as Johansson's bank account: $15 million...
May 13, 2018 12:30 PM CDT
Melissa McCarthy Challenges
But the 'Avengers' flick still reigns
- Melissa McCarthy jumped into the box-office fray with a new movie this weekend, but
Avengers: Infinity War
still rules, the AP reports. The Walt Disney Studios on Sunday estimates it has added $61.8 million from North American theaters, bringing its total domestic earnings to $547.8 million in its...
a Hidden Cameo
Apr 30, 2018 8:01 AM CDT
Credits Reveal a Hidden Cameo
Co-directors Russos plant character who looks like Tobias Funke of 'Arrested Development'
- Buried within the film credits for the new
, is a note that the movie made use of a character from the TV show
. What on earth? Polygon explains the movie's "weirdest Easter egg." It seems that co-directors Joe and Anthony Russo...
A Great Villain
Apr 27, 2018 11:30 AM CDT
A Great Villain Helps
Josh Brolin gets props as Thanos
- Your favorite Marvel superheroes from Black Panther to Spiderman rally against a villain hoping to destroy half the universe in
Avengers: Infinity War
, the lengthy (2 hours, 40 minutes) third installment in the series slated to wrap up next year. Setting the stage for an epic conclusion, the film directed...
$188M Debut Is
US' No. 2 Ever
May 3, 2015 12:18 PM CDT
Monster $188M Debut Is US' No. 2 Ever
But falls short of the original 'Avengers'
- Critics liked it, and audiences turned out in droves for
Avengers: Age of Ultron,
giving it the second-biggest domestic opening weekend ever, with a formidable $187.7 million, reports the
Hollywood Reporter .
fell short of the original
$207.4 million debut, it continued to rake...
'Jaunty Good Fun'
May 1, 2015 11:22 AM CDT
Is 'Jaunty Good Fun'
Characters, comedy make this flick an 'amusing' sequel
- The superheroes are back for round two in
Avengers: Age of Ultron
, following 2012's well-reviewed original . If you're expecting just another action flick, you may be in for a surprise. Here's what critics are saying:
"As he did in the first
, writer-director Joss Whedon avoids
Mar 9, 2015 7:08 AM CDT
Artist Goes Missing in Caymans
Comic book inker Norman Lee disappears while swimming
- A comic book artist who has worked on the likes of
has gone missing in the Cayman Islands after swimming near Grand Cayman's east coast. While snorkeling about 250 yards from shore on Thursday morning, Norman Lee and his wife got separated, MyFoxBoston reports. Though...
Dec 1, 2013 2:05 PM CST
Shatter Thanksgiving Record
Catching Fire pulls in $110.2M over 5 days
- Sorry, Harry: Katniss Everdeen has broken your $82.4 million Thanksgiving record.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
gobbled up $110.2 million over the five-day weekend, Wednesday to Sunday, breaking the spell cast by
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
also had the fourth-biggest second weekend in...
Battle 'Cheap' Marvel
May 8, 2013 1:54 PM CDT
Stars Battle 'Cheap' Marvel
Deadline Hollywood: Some actors may not sign for sequel without bigger payday
may have been a blockbuster hit for Marvel, but many of the stars may not return for its sequel if the notoriously tightfisted comics company (now owned by Disney) won't cough up more cash, Nikki Finke reports in a Deadline Hollywood exclusive. While marquee name Robert Downey...
Iron Man 3
May 5, 2013 12:23 PM CDT
Iron Man 3
Has Monster $175.3M Open
But it's not enough to topple 'The Avengers'
Iron Man 3
had a massive opening weekend on American soil as expected , but its $175.3 million debut was only good enough for No. 2 of all time, falling well short of
$207.4 million. It's still nothing to sneeze at, as Robert Downey Jr. and...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
He Had Headaches for Months. Doctors Made a Surprising Find
Congresswoman in Testy Exchange Over Hamas Rapes
GOP Race Sees Another Contender Drop Out
Spotify Staffers Walk Into Bad News on Monday
Liz Cheney Recounts 4 Words From Her Father
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.