Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Stories 1 - 20 |
Bad Timing on Brady's
'Last' TD Ball Won't Cost Buyer
Apr 15, 2022 8:18 AM CDT
Bad Timing on Brady's 'Last' TD Ball Won't Cost Buyer
It sold for more than $500K just hours before the star quarterback un-retired
The unfortunate soul who bought a football at auction billed as Tom Brady's "last" touchdown pass won't have to shell out more than $500,000 after all. Hours after the winning bid was placed, Brady announced he was un-retiring and would play again. Now, CBS Sports...
Tom Brady's Retirement
From NFL Is Already Over
Mar 13, 2022 7:02 PM CDT
Tom Brady's Retirement From NFL Is Already Over
He announces he will be back with Tampa Bay
- He announced his retirement, then hinted at a change of heart , and now that change of heart is official: Tom Brady will return to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as quarterback next season, reports NFL.com . Brady himself announced the move. "These past two months I’ve realized my place...
Tom Brady Ends Rumors,
Feb 1, 2022 9:04 AM CST
Tom Brady Ends Rumors, Announces Retirement
Star quarterback is leaving football after 22 years, 7 Super Bowl rings
Tom Brady is done, officially. The Tampa Bay quarterback put an end to days of speculation on Tuesday by announcing his retirement after 22 years. “This is difficult for me to write, but here it goes: I am not going to make that competitive commitment anymore,” Brady...
Brady Gets Unwanted
First Amid Talk
Jan 24, 2022 8:27 AM CST
Brady Gets Unwanted First Amid Talk of Retirement
Tampa Bay QB gets first-ever unsportsmanlike conduct penalty
- Let the Tom Brady speculation commence. The all-everything QB will not repeat as Super Bowl champion after his Tampa Bay Buccaneers lost to the Rams on Sunday. The question is, will the 44-year-old return at all next year? "I haven't put a lot of thought into it, so...
Antonio Brown: Tom Brady
'Can't Do S--- by Himself'
Jan 8, 2022 10:00 AM CST
Antonio Brown: Tom Brady 'Can't Do S--- by Himself'
Former Buccaneer throws some shade at his former quarterback
- Antonio Brown is still getting things off his chest after his dramatic departure from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the middle of a game. On the Full Send Podcast Friday, Brown made clear that his relationship with Tom Brady isn't as tight as previously believed—and that it's...
Antonio Brown: I Didn't Quit,
I Was Fired for Injury
Jan 6, 2022 7:11 AM CST
Antonio Brown: I Didn't Quit, I Was Fired for Injury
Ex-Tampa Bay Buccaneer tells his side of the story after strange exit from Sunday's game
- Bruce Arians, coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, said Sunday he wasn't going to talk further about the bizarre exit of wide receiver Antonio Brown, both from that day's game and apparently from the team overall. "He is no longer a Buc," Arians said at the...
Shirtless, Loses Job
Jan 3, 2022 12:01 AM CST
Antonio Brown Leaves Game Shirtless, Loses Job
Wide receiver is no longer part of Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Antonio Brown was apparently frustrated and angry. So he walked away. From the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And possibly his NFL career. The mercurial wide receiver was kicked off the Buccaneers after a bizarre, shirtless exit from the field before Tom Brady coolly led the Bucs on a 93-yard drive in...
'Gentle Giant' Found Dead in
Hotel Room Had CTE: Family
Dec 17, 2021 7:35 AM CST
'Gentle Giant' Found Dead in Hotel Room Had CTE: Family
Vincent Jackson's loved ones have donated his brain to Boston University
The former Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver found dead in a Florida hotel room in February had chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, his family announced Thursday, per NBC News . Vincent Jackson, who died at the age of 38, had stage 2 CTE, widow Lindsey Jackson said in a statement....
Gruden's Target: His Comment
'Makes Your Head Explode'
Oct 13, 2021 10:45 AM CDT
Gruden's Target: His Comment 'Makes Your Head Explode'
DeMaurice Smith says coach's resignation presents an 'opportunity'
- As an investigation of the Washington Football Team wrapped up over the summer—with a $10 million fine for workplace abuse —another was just beginning. During that initial probe, prompted by sexual harassment complaints, the NFL had received 650,000 emails from the work account of former Washington executive...
Has Now Beaten
Every NFL Team
Oct 4, 2021 12:14 AM CDT
Tom Brady Has Now Beaten Every NFL Team
Including his old one
- Tom Brady brought two decades of touchdown passes, victories, and championships to New England. He returned Sunday night and reminded his former team what they’re missing. Brady rallied the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to a 19-17 victory over the Patriots on a rainy Sunday night, with Ryan Succop hitting the...
After 20 Years,
Oct 2, 2021 1:55 PM CDT
After 20 Years, the Real Tom Brady Is Surfacing
'I feel like I'm just coming back to life,' he tells Jason Gay of the 'Wall Street Journal'
- Tom Brady is getting a lot of attention this week, given that he returns to New England to play the Patriots on Sunday for the first time since leaving for Tampa Bay. But one of the more interesting pieces is an interview he gives to Jason Gay of the
Tom Brady Makes
at White House
Jul 20, 2021 1:11 PM CDT
Tom Brady Makes Election Cracks at White House
'About 40% of people still don't think we won'
- President Biden hosted the Super Bowl champs at the White House Tuesday, and Tampa Bay quarterback Tom Brady cracked wise about the election:
"Not a lot of people think that we could have won," he said, per CBS Boston . "In fact, I think about 40% of people
NFL's Geno Hayes
in Hospice at 33
Apr 23, 2021 1:24 AM CDT
NFL's Geno Hayes in Hospice at 33
The former Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Florida State Seminoles player has liver disease
- Geno Hayes, the former linebacker for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Florida State Seminoles, is in hospice care at age 33. Hayes was diagnosed with liver disease two years ago and entered the hospital last month. He's now been moved to hospice care at his parents' Georgia home,...
Buccaneers Take to the Water
to Celebrate Bowl Victory
Feb 10, 2021 5:43 PM CST
Buccaneers Take to the Water to Celebrate Bowl Victory
Thousands of fans gathered to cheer for the team
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers celebrated their Super Bowl victory Wednesday with a boat parade amid continued concern over the coronavirus pandemic, the AP reports. The parade got started around 1pm on the Hillsborough River near downtown Tampa. Thousands of fans decked out in Buccaneers gear lined the river on a...
Tampa Fans Ignore Warnings
to Ease Up on the Celebrations
Feb 8, 2021 8:50 AM CST
Tampa Fans Ignore Warnings to Ease Up on the Celebrations
They were out in force in streets and bars after Super Bowl win
- Two things have health authorities keeping a worried eye on Florida. On Sunday, the state became the first to report 200 cases of variant COVID strains, reports
. The second involves the Super Bowl, specifically the celebrations surrounding it. Before the game, authorities including Dr. Anthony Fauci had implored...
For Tom Brady, It's
Super Bowl Ring No. 7
super bowl LV
Feb 7, 2021 9:12 PM CST
For Tom Brady, It's Super Bowl Ring No. 7
Tampa Bay Buccaneers easily defeat the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl
- In the end, the much-awaited matchup wasn't much of a contest. Tom Brady won his record seventh Super Bowl Sunday as his Tampa Bay Buccaneers overpowered the Kansas City Chiefs, 31-9. The 43-year-old Brady threw for three touchdowns, including two to his old teammate on the New England Patriots,...
Before the Super Bowl,
a New Star Poet Speaks
super bowl LV
Feb 7, 2021 6:00 PM CST
Before the Super Bowl, a New Star Poet Speaks
Amanda Gorman recites a tribute to COVID heroes before kickoff
- Super Bowl LV had an unusual kickoff to the kickoff. Amanda Gorman, the 22-year-old poet who gained fame at President Biden's inauguration, recited a poem in the pregame festivities. This, as you may have guessed, is a first for the NFL, reports the
New York Times
. Called "Chorus...
Jan 28, 2021 5:55 PM CST
Brady Tells Patriots Fans: 'I Wouldn't Change Anything'
Next Sunday, star will make first Super Bowl appearance in another uniform
- Playing in a Super Bowl is old hat for Tom Brady, but New England Patriots fans might find his appearance next Sunday hard to watch. The star quarterback assured them Thursday that they're not forgotten, NESN reports. Calling his tenure with the Patriots "incredible," Brady said, "...
Is Racking Up
the Incentive Pay
Jan 25, 2021 6:55 PM CST
Tom Brady Is Racking Up the Incentive Pay
On top of the star quarterback's $15M base salary
- Tom Brady won more than a ticket to the Super Bowl when Tampa Bay won the NFC Championship on Sunday: His contract includes a $500,000 bonus for the feat. And should the Buccaneers win the Super Bowl, Brady stands to collect another $500,000, ESPN reports. The star quarterback...
for Tom Brady
Jan 25, 2021 12:02 AM CST
It's Another Super Bowl for Tom Brady
Buccaneers will face Chiefs in Tampa
- It took the Kansas City Chiefs five frustrating decades to make their second Super Bowl appearance. Now, the defending champs are headed there for the second straight year. Showing no lingering effects from his concussion, Patrick Mahomes sliced up Buffalo's secondary with ruthless efficiency Sunday night, helping the Chiefs...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Another Company Tells China It's Sorry, Twice
Anne Heche 'Wasn't Doing Real Well' at Crash Scene
30-Year-Old Cold Case Closed With Surprise Discovery
District Puts AR-15s in Schools
Anne Heche Said to Be in Critical Condition After Fiery LA Crash
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.