Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Indictment May Be
Mar 31, 2023 12:25 PM CDT
Trump Indictment May Be Pandora's Box
'Wall Street Journal' editorial board is worried about the precedent
- We know former President Trump has been indicted , though we don't know the exact charges just yet. Still, the unprecedented move to indict a former president has given political observers across the political spectrum plenty to consider:
Worth the worry:
Columnist Nicholas Kristof is worried that a failed prosecution
Glenn Beck's 2nd Bout
With COVID 'a Little Disturbing'
Jan 14, 2022 2:15 AM CST
Glenn Beck's 2nd Bout With COVID 'a Little Disturbing'
But conservative radio host says he's not concerned
- After getting COVID-19 for the first time in December 2020, Glenn Beck has it again. The conservative radio host posted his positive test result on Instagram last week and discussed it on Mark Levin's radio show this week, the Hill reports. Initially, Beck said his second bout with the...
Glenn Beck: People Over 50
Should Get Back to Work
Mar 25, 2020 5:33 AM CDT
Glenn Beck: People Over 50 Should Get Back to Work
Conservative radio host says 'I'd rather die than kill the country' by social distancing during coronavirus
- One day after Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick suggested seniors like himself should be OK with dying to save the US economy during the coronavirus outbreak, Glenn Beck appears willing to take him up on his offer. Per the Daily Beast , the conservative radio host told his listeners Tuesday that...
Museum Director Fired Over
Gettysburg Address Loan
Nov 27, 2019 5:16 AM CST
Museum Director Fired Over Gettysburg Address Loan
He wasn't authorized to loan irreplaceable copy to Glenn Beck foundation
- The new director of a Tennessee museum was fired from the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum for lending out an irreplaceable copy of the Gettysburg Address. The Illinois Inspector General says Alan Lowe lent the document to Mercury One for a "pop-up museum" last year, the AP reports....
New Conservative 'Media
Powerhouse' Is Emerging
Dec 3, 2018 12:41 PM CST
New Conservative 'Media Powerhouse' Is Emerging
Glenn Beck's TheBlaze and Mark Levin's CRTV become Blaze Media
- Two conservative media giants are combining forces. Glenn Beck and Mark Levin are merging TheBlaze and CRTV to create what the
calls a "conservative media powerhouse." Beck founded TheBlaze after exiting Fox News, while Levin, a former attorney in Ronald Reagan's administration and nationally syndicated...
With Tomi Lahren
Go Way Back
Apr 18, 2017 7:33 AM CDT
Glenn Beck's Lawyers: Issues With Tomi Lahren Go Way Back
Countersuit says she was 'uninformed,' 'embarrassed the company'
- The battle between conservative personality Tomi Lahren and probably soon-to-be ex-boss Glenn Beck continues nearly a month after she was suspended from Beck's network, the Blaze. Despite Lahren's wrongful-termination suit against the two parties, Beck insists she wasn't fired and is still under contract, and he and...
Tomi Lahren Sues
Glenn Beck and the Blaze
Apr 7, 2017 6:50 PM CDT
Tomi Lahren Sues Glenn Beck and the Blaze
The conservative commentator claims she was wrongfully terminated
- Tomi Lahren has filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against Glenn Beck and the Blaze, claiming her employers sought to "embarrass, humiliate, and undermine" her,
reports. The 24-year-old rising star of conservative commentary was suspended by the Blaze last month following an appearance on
in which she...
Mar 26, 2017 4:52 PM CDT
Tomi Lahren's Job Suspension Is Permanent: Sources
Sources say Glenn Beck doesn't want her back at his network
- Sources tell the
New York Post
that Tomi Lahren's suspension from The Blaze has turned permanent. Glenn Beck, who founded the conservative network, is "reminding the world of his conservative principles by sidelining Tomi," one source says. There had been talk that Beck has lately lost conservative...
Conservative Star Tomi Lahren
Suspended From 'The Blaze'
Mar 20, 2017 4:52 PM CDT
Conservative Star Tomi Lahren Suspended From 'The Blaze'
After airing pro-choice views on 'The View'
- Tomi Lahren, the young rising star of the right , has been suspended from her job at Glenn Beck-founded network The Blaze, sources tell the Daily Caller . Though the reason for her suspension, said to be in effect for at least a week, hasn't been confirmed,
An Unlikely Pair: Samantha
Bee, Glenn Beck Talk Trump
Dec 20, 2016 7:27 AM CST
An Unlikely Pair: Samantha Bee, Glenn Beck Talk Trump
There were insults, conciliatory gestures, and even hand-holding on Monday's 'Full Frontal'
- Some "far-fetched alliances" emerged from Election 2016 (Kanye West and Donald Trump—really?), notes the Daily Beast , but on Monday night, another unlikely celebrity pair put on their best ugly Christmas sweaters and dished about Trump on late-night TV. On
, conservative pundit Glenn Beck joined host Samantha...
Steve Bannon Is
Who 'Wants to
Burn It All Down':
Nov 14, 2016 6:52 PM CST
Steve Bannon Is 'Terrifying Man' Who 'Wants to Burn It All Down': Glenn Beck
Trump's chief strategist draws fire from all sides
- Glenn Beck has joined a chorus of voices expressing deep concern about Donald Trump's appointment of Steve Bannon as his chief strategist, Mediaite reports. Beck, who rose to prominence much like Bannon did—as a fiery, fear-mongering voice in conservative circles—minced no words Monday, calling Bannon "a...
Glenn Beck Urges GOP to
Vote Against Trump
Oct 11, 2016 3:33 PM CDT
Glenn Beck Urges GOP to Vote Against Trump
Even if that means a Clinton presidency
- A surprising source has offered implicit support for a Hillary Clinton presidency, CNN reports. In a Facebook post over the weekend, Glenn Beck called on Republicans to vote against Donald Trump, an "immoral man who is absent decency or dignity," and urged the GOP to get Trump to...
Oct 5, 2016 12:43 PM CDT
Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck Feud Over Trump
Fox host says he has no interest in mending fences
- The past few months have featured plenty of liberal versus conservative battles as Election 2016 nears the finish line. But two major players on the right took each other on this week—and it was all over Donald Trump. Hot Air reports that Fox News host Sean Hannity used his...
Clock Kid's Dad
Sues Glenn Beck,
Sep 27, 2016 3:03 PM CDT
Clock Kid's Dad Sues Glenn Beck, Texas Mayor
He's alleging defamation
- The father of a Muslim boy arrested after taking a homemade clock to his Dallas-area school has sued conservative commentator Glenn Beck and a Texas mayor alleging they falsely portrayed the family as terrorists, the AP reports. Mohamed Mohamed filed the defamation lawsuit Sept. 21 in Dallas on behalf of...
Glenn Beck Suspended Over
Guest's Trump Comments
Jun 1, 2016 3:33 AM CDT
Glenn Beck Suspended Over Guest's Trump Comments
SiriusXM says remarks were seen as advocating violence
- Glenn Beck's show may be off SiriusXM for good because a guest made some ill-judged comments about Donald Trump—and Beck agreed with them. The satellite radio company says the
Glenn Beck Program
has been suspended for a week and may not return because of the remarks by thriller...
Glenn Beck: Zuckerberg
Is Going to Meet With Me
May 15, 2016 2:29 PM CDT
Glenn Beck: Zuckerberg Is Going to Meet With Me
Facebook rep confirms Zuck will meet with conservative VIPs
- Following allegations that Facebook is burying conservative news , Glenn Beck says he will be meeting with Mark Zuckerberg to discuss the issue. Zuck had said he planned to reach out to conservative leaders, even though there's currently "no evidence" Facebook really is burying anything. In a Facebook post...
'Trump Is Hitler' Cry
Only Grows Louder
Mar 6, 2016 2:00 PM CST
'Trump Is Hitler' Cry Only Grows Louder
Only a mustache away?
- Two public figures from opposite ends of the political spectrum openly compared Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler this weekend—and
Saturday Night Live
sees him pretty much the same way. From around the Web:
"We all look at Adolf Hitler in 1940. We should look at Adolf Hitler in
Glenn Beck to
GOP: You Guys,
I'm Done With You
Mar 18, 2015 1:32 PM CDT
Glenn Beck to GOP: You Guys, I'm Done With You
Radio host is angry Republican leadership hasn't done what it said
- Glenn Beck is done with the GOP, and apparently they're never, ever, ever, ever getting back together: "I’ve made my decision—I’m out. I’m out of the Republican Party," Beck said today on his radio show. "I am not a Republican; I will...
I'm Very Sick
Nov 10, 2014 7:00 PM CST
Glenn Beck: I'm Very Sick
Conservative pundit says he has neurological disease
- Glenn Beck said today that he suffers from a severe neurological disease that doctors are unable to diagnose, Mediabistro reports. Appearing on TheBlaze, the conservative pundit says doctors have given him five to 10 years before he's unable to function. He also divulged seizures dating back to his time...
School Slammed for Using 'Tea Party' History Books
Jul 14, 2014 3:30 PM CDT
School Slammed for Using 'Tea Party' History Books
Charter school is pushing religious propaganda, group says
- Reigniting the church-and-state debate, a group in Washington is criticizing a charter school for teaching history with books embraced by the tea party movement, the
reports. Americans United for Separation of Church and State says the Heritage Academy in Mesa, Arizona, shouldn't be using two books by...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
George Santos Is Expelled From Congress
Report: Israel Had Details of Hamas Attack for Over a Year
Santos: 'I No Longer Have to Answer a Single Question'
Sheriff Stands by 'Deeply Concerning' Arrest of Reporter
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.