Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Cops: Man Who Killed 6 People
Took Selfie With Their Bodies
Jun 6, 2022 2:31 AM CDT
Cops: Man Who Killed 6 People Took Selfie With Their Bodies
Police say suspect described it as a 'robbery gone bad'
- Police have arrested a suspect in the slaying of 6 people at a Milwaukee duplex in January. Travis Birkley was charged Saturday with six counts of felony murder-armed robbery in the fatal shootings of Michelle D. Williams, 49, and her husband Donta "Michael" Williams, 44; Charles L. Hardy, 42;...
FBI: He Thought 'Time and
Distance' Were on His Side
Feb 5, 2022 6:00 AM CST
FBI: He Thought 'Time and Distance' Were on His Side
Octaviano Juarez-Corro, on FBI's 'Most Wanted' list for murder, caught after 16 years on the run
- Octaviano Juarez-Corro's time on the lam has come to a close. The 47-year-old from Milwaukee, a double-murder suspect on the FBI's "Ten Most Wanted Fugitives" list who's been on the run for 16 years, was caught and arrested Thursday in Zapopan, Mexico, the FBI announced Friday,...
6 Dead in
Jan 24, 2022 4:42 PM CST
6 Dead in 'Horrible Crime' in Milwaukee
Police say homicide victims were found in home
- Police in Milwaukee are investigating what Acting Mayor Cavalier Johnson describes as a "horrible crime." Officers said they found five apparent homicide victims, four men and a woman, after they were called for a welfare check at a home Sunday afternoon, WISN 12 reports. The medical examiner said...
Cops: Staged Robbery
Led to Fatal Shooting
Jan 15, 2022 11:00 AM CST
Cops: Staged Robbery Led to Fatal Shooting
Teen employee who was shot to death was allegedly in on the ruse
- Earlier this month, a 16-year-old employee of a Burger King in Milwaukee was fatally shot during an attempted robbery. Now comes a startling twist to the case from prosecutors: They say the robbery was staged, and the teen who died was in on it, reports the
Kansas City Star
3 Shot as Crowds Celebrate
Bucks' First Title in 50 Years
Jul 21, 2021 1:40 PM CDT
3 Shot as Crowds Celebrate Bucks' First Title in 50 Years
Milwaukee won NBA Finals 4-2
- Two shootings in downtown Milwaukee early Wednesday as crowds celebrated the Milwaukee Bucks' first NBA championship in 50 years left three people with non-life-threatening injuries, police said. The shootings both happened about 12:42am at two locations near Water Street, police said in a statement. Two suspects are in custody...
Drunk Teen Stumbles Into
Worst Possible Wrong House
in case you missed it
Jun 5, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
Drunk Teen Stumbles Into Worst Possible Wrong House
The confused 19-year-old was let go without any consequences except a viral video
- Whatever this Milwaukee 19-year-old had to drink last night, we're betting he avoids it in the future. The teen stumbled into bed in the wee hours of the morning, and woke up in trouble. Not for breaking curfew, but for mistaking whatever his intended destination was for an...
Father Admits Killing
Son, 5, Over Cheesecake
May 7, 2021 2:09 AM CDT
Father Admits Killing Son, 5, Over Cheesecake
Travis Stackhouse was upset kids were eating the treat he'd gotten for Father's Day
- A Milwaukee man pleaded guilty Thursday to killing his 5-year-old son in June 2019 because he was upset his children were eating the cheesecake he'd received for Father's Day while the man, Travis Stackhouse, now 30, only got one piece. Stackhouse was on trial this week for first-degree...
Biden Makes First Official
Trip Out of DC as President
Feb 16, 2021 5:22 PM CST
Biden Makes First Official Trip Out of DC as President
He's holding a town hall event in Milwaukee
- Almost four weeks after taking office, President Biden has chosen Wisconsin for his first official trip outside Washington, DC, as president. Biden will discuss his COVID relief plan at a CNN town hall event in Milwaukee Tuesday night, the
reports. Biden, who narrowly won the battleground state in November,...
Truck Careens 70 Feet
Off Highway Overpass
Feb 9, 2021 12:48 AM CST
Truck Careens 70 Feet Off Highway Overpass
Driver survived scary incident in Milwaukee
- A Wisconsin driver miraculously survived after his truck fell 70 feet from an overpass onto the highway below Saturday morning. The pickup landed upright, and the driver, who was the only person in the vehicle, was conscious when emergency responders arrived, the
reports. He apparently lost control of...
He Thought No One Heard
His Rant. The Doorbell Cam Did
in case you missed it
Jan 10, 2021 4:05 PM CST
He Thought No One Heard His Rant. The Doorbell Cam Did
UPS driver fired after rant targeting Latino man in Milwaukee
- UPS says it has fired an employee caught making racist remarks at the Milwaukee home of a Latino cop. The residence's doorbell camera captured the unidentified driver, a white male, ranting while writing up a "failed to deliver" notice on Dec. 17, though he apparently didn't knock...
Nov 28, 2020 7:45 AM CST
Milwaukee County Finishes its Recount
Biden's lead widens, but Trump campaign could take the totals to court
- After eight days of counting nearly 460,000 ballots by hand, Milwaukee County confirmed that President-elect Joe Biden received the most votes there in the presidential election. President Trump picked up 125 votes in the recount, but Biden picked up more—257. That put the totals at 317,527 votes...
Suspect Arrested in Mall
Shooting. He's Not Even 16
Nov 22, 2020 4:30 PM CST
Suspect Arrested in Mall Shooting. He's Not Even 16
8 were injured when 'bullets started flying' in Milwaukee
- A 15-year-old boy was arrested in connection to a shooting at a suburban Milwaukee mall that injured eight people, authorities said Sunday. Wauwatosa Police Chief Barry Weber said the shooting happened during a dispute Friday afternoon between two groups, the AP reports. He said four "innocent bystanders" suffered what...
Oct 31, 2020 12:30 PM CDT
Strangers Take Action After Seeing 'Anguished' Man's Photo
They find Sang Yang living on the streets of LA, and drive him back home
- An image of a homeless man inspired a group of strangers to find him and drive him over 2,000 miles back to his home state, ABC10 reports. Daniel Lee was among people who read about Sang Yang's plight on a photographer's website : Sang was described as being...
Mom, Sisters of Black Teen
Killed by Cop Arrested
Oct 9, 2020 10:10 AM CDT
Mom, Sisters of Black Teen Killed by Cop Arrested
Tracy Cole, mother of 17-year-old Alvin Cole, was detained, then hospitalized after protest
- The mother and sisters of a Black teen who was killed by a suburban Milwaukee cop have been arrested by police cracking down on protesters out after a curfew, per the AP . Alvin Cole's mother, Tracy Cole, and his sisters, Taleavia and Tristiana Cole, were arrested about 8:30pm...
Officer Won't be Charged
in Teenager's Death
Oct 8, 2020 4:06 PM CDT
Officer Won't be Charged in Teenager's Death
Investigator finds Black 17-year-old didn't fire at the officer in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- Protesters returned to the streets of Wauwatosa after the Milwaukee County district attorney announced that a police officer won't face charges in the death of a Black teenager. Alvin Cole, 17, was shot by Joseph Mensahin, a Black officer, in February while running away in a mall parking lot;...
Car Pulls Up to 100
Mourners, Opens Fire
Sep 30, 2020 7:30 PM CDT
Car Pulls Up to 100 Mourners, Opens Fire
Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett condemns shooting that leaves 7 injured
- Seven people were shot and wounded Wednesday in an apparent drive-by shooting outside a Milwaukee funeral home, the city's mayor said. Mayor Tom Barrett said all seven people were hit when a person driving past the funeral home opened fire. Acting Police Chief Michael Brunson said all of the...
Nominee Won't Be at
Aug 5, 2020 11:42 AM CDT
Nominee Won't Be at Democratic Convention
'We don't want to risk anyone's health for this'
- Speakers—including Joe Biden—will no longer be traveling to the Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee, officials say. Organizers, who were already planning a mostly virtual convention from Aug. 17 to 20, say they made the decision after speaking to public health officials in Wisconsin, the
Dems to Delegates:
Don't Go to the Convention
Jul 17, 2020 7:21 AM CDT
Dems to Delegates: Don't Go to the Convention
Democrats go virtual; Republicans not so much
- Senate and House Democrats are being urged not to attend next month's Democratic National Convention in Wisconsin, where Joe Biden will be officially named as nominee. Senior adviser for Congressional affairs Chasseny Lewis sent an email to congressional chiefs of staff Thursday, saying members "should not plan to...
Biden, but not Many Others,
Will Attend Party's Convention
Jun 24, 2020 6:55 PM CDT
Biden, but not Many Others, Will Attend Party's Convention
Not even wars had kept crowds away, but party says the issue is public health
- Democrats will hold an almost entirely virtual presidential nominating convention Aug. 17-20 in Milwaukee, using live broadcasts and online streaming, party officials said Wednesday. Joe Biden plans to accept the presidential nomination in person, the AP reports, but it remains to be seen whether there will be a significant in-person...
Milwaukee 911 Caller: 'I Just
Massacred My Whole Family'
May 1, 2020 3:37 AM CDT
Milwaukee 911 Caller: 'I Just Massacred My Whole Family'
Christopher Stokes charged with 5 murders
- A Milwaukee man shot and killed five of his family members, including four teenagers, before calling police and saying "I just massacred my whole family," according to a criminal complaint filed Thursday. The Milwaukee County District Attorney's office charged Christoper Stokes, 43, with five counts of first-degree...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Roberts: The Court Didn't Need to Do This
In His Roe Opinion, Thomas Flags Same-Sex Marriage
Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade
Rittenhouse to Pay for Lawsuits With Shooter Video Game
Cops: Vince Carter's Wife, Kids Hid During Burglary
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.