Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Pentagon Intros Secret New
Bomber: 'Won't Really See It'
Dec 2, 2022 4:15 PM CST
Pentagon Intros Secret New Bomber: 'Won't Really See It'
B-21 Raider is first US stealth warplane of its kind in more than 30 years, meant to combat China
- America's newest nuclear stealth bomber is making its public debut after years of secret development and as part of the Pentagon's answer to rising concerns over a future conflict with China. The B-21 Raider is the first new American bomber aircraft in more than 30 years, per the...
'Makes Aviation History'
Sep 27, 2022 2:24 PM CDT
All-Electric Plane 'Makes Aviation History'
Prototype 'flew and handled wonderfully,' test pilot says
- A prototype, all-electric airplane took its first flight Tuesday morning in central Washington state. If the Federal Aviation Administration eventually certifies the small airplane to carry passengers, it could become the first all-electric commercial airplane, the
reports. The plane, built by startup Eviation, was built to carry nine...
Another Osprey Crash
Takes Lives of 5 Marines
Jun 9, 2022 12:15 PM CDT
Another Osprey Crash Takes Lives of 5 Marines
MV-22B Osprey went down in California desert
This summary has been updated to reflect the death of the fifth Marine
.) Five Marines were killed after an Osprey aircraft crashed in the Southern California desert, a military official said Thursday, one day after the accident. The MV-22B Osprey was carrying the five Marines when it went down...
Ryanair CEO Has Some
(Bleeped) Words for Boeing
May 17, 2022 5:45 AM CDT
Ryanair CEO Has Some (Bleeped) Words for Boeing
Michael O'Leary is fed up with delays
- It might be a bit of an understatement to say Ryanair is not happy about the delays it's experiencing with the planes it's ordered from Boeing. In what CNN describes as a "scathing," "expletive-ridden," "obscenity-laden" tirade Monday, the discount airline's CEO, Michael...
Boeing 737 Max Test Pilot
Found Not Guilty
Mar 23, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Boeing 737 Max Test Pilot Found Not Guilty
Prosecutors accused Mark Forkner of withholding 'critical information' from FAA
: Mark A. Forkner, a former Boeing test pilot, was acquitted Wednesday of four counts of wire fraud by a Texas jury, the AP reports. Prosecutors said Forkner, the chief technical pilot for the development of the 737 Max, lied to the FAA about how much pilot training would be...
FAA Brings in
at 42 Airports
Jan 17, 2022 12:14 PM CST
FAA Brings in Smoother Landings at 42 Airports
New procedure cuts noise, emissions
- Passengers at 42 American airports, including Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and Miami International Airport, might have noticed smoother landings in 2021. The Federal Aviation Administration has altered how planes land at those airports and it plans to bring the change to other airports, including New York's LaGuardia, in 2022....
for First Time
Nov 1, 2021 5:25 PM CDT
Electric Plane Crosses Strait for First Time
New Zealand pilot had power left over
- As he made history by becoming the first person to fly across New Zealand's Cook Strait in an electric plane, Gary Freedman thought it only fitting that the first thing he saw when approaching the Wellington coastline was the rotating blade of a wind turbine producing renewable energy. Freedman'...
Teen Asked If He Could Fly the
Plane, Then Tried to Crash It
in case you missed it
Jul 11, 2021 1:10 PM CDT
Teen Asked If He Could Fly the Plane, Then Tried to Crash It
State troopers say Jaden Lake-Kameroff grabbed yoke, sent plane into nosedive
- State troopers in Alaska say a teenager on a flight Wednesday afternoon asked the pilot if he could fly the small plane—and minutes after the bizarre request was rejected, he tried to crash it. Troopers say 18-year-old Jaden Lake-Kameroff grabbed the yoke of the Cessna Caravan, sending it into...
Boeing Slashes 12K Jobs
May 27, 2020 4:15 PM CDT
Boeing Slashes 12K Jobs
CEO cites pandemic's 'devastating effect on the airline industry'
- Boeing is cutting more than 12,000 jobs through layoffs and buyouts as the coronavirus pandemic seizes the travel industry. And the aircraft maker says more cuts are coming. The company, one of the nation's biggest manufacturers, said Wednesday that it will lay off 6,770 US employees this...
Plane Carrying 38
Way to Antarctica
Dec 10, 2019 12:44 AM CST
Plane Carrying 38 Disappears on Way to Antarctica
Chile lost contact with military aircraft
- Chile's air force said it lost radio contact with a transport plane carrying 38 people on a flight Monday evening to one of the country's bases in Antarctica. It said the military had declared an alert and activated search and rescue teams. The C-130 Hercules carried 17 crew...
It's Supposed to Fly in Nuclear
War. A Bird Took It Down
in case you missed it
Oct 20, 2019 6:42 AM CDT
It's Supposed to Fly in Nuclear War. A Bird Took It Down
'Hulking' E-6B Mercury aircraft temporarily grounded after bird gets sucked into engine
- A military "doomsday" aircraft that's supposed to serve as a command post during nuclear war got brought down by something much simpler than a nuke earlier this month: a bird. Per the
, an E-6B Mercury was trying to land at Maryland's Naval Air Station Patuxent...
At Least 7 Confirmed Dead
After Crash of WWII Bomber
Oct 3, 2019 7:20 AM CDT
At Least 7 Confirmed Dead After Crash of WWII Bomber
It was one of Connecticut's worst air disasters
- Seven people have been confirmed dead in the crash of a World War II-era bomber in Connecticut Wednesday morning, making it one of the worst air disasters in the state's history. State public safety commissioner James Rovella says six of the 13 people on the Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress...
American Airlines Mechanic
Accused of Sabotaging Plane
Sep 6, 2019 6:00 AM CDT
American Airlines Mechanic Accused of Sabotaging Plane
Feds say he did it to get more overtime
- An American Airlines mechanic is accused of sabotaging a flight over stalled union contract negotiations. According to a criminal complaint affidavit filed in federal court, Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani admitted during an interview Thursday that he tampered with a navigation system on the plane so that he could collect overtime...
Fighter Jet Display Team
Flies Over Wrong Festival
Jul 9, 2019 5:21 AM CDT
Fighter Jet Display Team Flies Over Wrong Festival
The yodellers were surprised but pleased
- Visitors to a yodelling festival in Switzerland were treated to an unexpected fly-by from the country's fighter jet display team—who were flying over the wrong town. The Patrouille Suisse, the equivalent of the US Navy's Blue Angels, were supposed to be flying over a town four miles...
Somehow, This Plane
May 13, 2019 2:11 AM CDT
Somehow, This Plane Landed Safely
Passenger jet in Myanmar comes down with no front wheels
- With a less capable pilot, Flight UB103 could have been a disaster. Instead, all 89 passengers and crew escaped without injury Sunday after the Myanmar National Airlines pilot managed to land the aircraft despite a front landing gear malfunction, ABC reports. The airline says that after the front landing gear...
Report: Trump Bad-Mouthed
737 Before Grounding Decision
Mar 14, 2019 6:50 AM CDT
Report: Trump Bad-Mouthed 737 Before Grounding Decision
He told officials Boeing model 'sucked'
- The US became the last major county to ground the Boeing 737 Max on Wednesday—shortly before the aircraft's maker grounded the entire global fleet. Boeing says it "continues to have full confidence in the safety of the 737 Max," but it will ground all 371 of...
Airbus Gives Up
on World's Biggest
Feb 14, 2019 2:03 AM CST
Airbus Gives Up on World's Biggest Passenger Jet
A380 production will end in 2021
- European plane manufacturer Airbus said Thursday it will stop making its superjumbo A380 in 2021 for lack of customers, abandoning the world's biggest passenger jet and one of the aviation industry's most ambitious and most troubled endeavors. Barely a decade after the 500-plus-seat plane started carrying passengers, Airbus...
Pilots Say Boeing Failed
to Disclose New Jet Feature
Nov 14, 2018 1:11 AM CST
Pilots Say Boeing Failed to Disclose New Jet Feature
Faulty sensor may have contributed to Lion Air crash
- Boeing didn't tell airline pilots about features of a new flight-control system in its 737 MAX that reportedly is a focus of the investigation into last month's deadly crash in Indonesia , according to pilots who fly the jet in the US. Pilots say they were not trained in...
Pilots Spot UFOs Over Ireland:
'It Was Moving So Fast'
Nov 13, 2018 6:41 AM CST
Pilots Spot UFOs Over Ireland: 'It Was Moving So Fast'
Irish Aviation Authority investigating bright lights seen Friday
- The Irish Aviation Authority is investigating after multiple pilots spotted UFOs traveling faster than the speed of sound over Ireland on Friday. Shortly before 7am local time, a British Airways pilot contacted air traffic controllers at Shannon Airport on Ireland's west coast to ask about possible military exercises, per...
10 Injured After Passenger
Falsely Claims to Have Bomb
May 29, 2018 4:26 AM CDT
10 Injured After Passenger Falsely Claims to Have Bomb
Passengers ended up standing on the wing
- Police say 10 passengers on an Indonesian flight preparing to take off from Borneo were injured, mostly with broken bones and head wounds, after a man falsely said there was a bomb on board. Police spokesman Nanang Purnomo says other passengers overheard the 26-year-old man, Frantinus Nirigi, telling a flight...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Woman Dies After a Fall on Southwest Airlines' Jet Bridge
Dances With Wolves Actor Arrested in Sex Cult Case
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on His Phone During Gun Training
Police: On-the-Lam Torture Suspect Is Dead
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.