Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Dec 2, 2022 1:22 AM CST
Biden's Primary Proposal: Let South Carolina Go First
Iowa, New Hampshire aren't fans of the idea
- President Biden is proposing what
calls a "massive overhaul" of the primary calendar, though the final decision rests with the Democratic National Committee. Biden's idea is to replace Iowa, whose caucuses currently kick off the nominating season, with South Carolina. Under his proposal, South Carolina, New...
White House to Host Wedding
Nov 14, 2022 7:10 PM CST
White House to Host Wedding
Naomi Biden and Peter Neal plan first ceremony ever on South Lawn
- "Here Comes the Bride" will be heard at the White House once again. Naomi Biden, the granddaughter of President Biden, and Peter Neal are getting married on the South Lawn on Saturday in what will be the 19th wedding in White House history, the AP reports. It will be...
Biden Calls UK
PM Rishi Sunak
Oct 26, 2022 1:29 AM CDT
Biden Calls UK PM Rishi Sunak 'Rashee Sanook'
- President Biden had his own " Adele Dazeem " moment Monday night at a Washington, DC, event to mark the beginning of Diwali, a Hindu religious festival. Referring to new UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak , who is of Indian descent and the first Hindu to hold the PM role, Biden...
Debt Plan Hits
Oct 22, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Biden's Student Debt Plan Hits Temporary Roadblock
Federal appeals court puts relief program on hold for now as it reviews case brought by 6 GOP states
President Biden's student loan relief program has been put on hold, at least temporarily, due to an order from a federal appeals court. The
New York Times
reports that the directive from the 8th US Circuit Court of Appeals, which mandates that the debt cancellation set to start...
on the Risk
Oct 7, 2022 2:00 AM CDT
Biden Speaks on the Risk of Nuclear 'Armageddon'
Says it's at highest level since Cuban Missile Crisis
- President Biden said Thursday that the risk of nuclear “Armageddon” is at the highest level since the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis, as Russian officials speak of the possibility of using tactical nuclear weapons after suffering massive setbacks in the eight-month invasion of Ukraine. Speaking at a fundraiser for the...
'60 minutes' interview
Sep 19, 2022 12:44 AM CDT
Biden Says 'Pandemic Is Over'
And more from president's '60 Minutes' interview
- President Biden appeared on
Sunday night in what the AP refers to as a "rare" interview, discussing the COVID-19 pandemic and the raid on former President Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence, among other things. His declaration on the state of the pandemic in the US was fairly bold:...
Biden Reveals His Plan for
Canceling Student Loan Debt
Aug 24, 2022 11:02 AM CDT
Biden Reveals His Plan for Canceling Student Loan Debt
Many borrowers will see $10K in loan forgiveness
- On Wednesday President Biden made good on his campaign promise to ease the burden of federal student loan debt. Under Biden's plan, many Americans will be granted $10,000 in debt cancellation; those with the greatest financial need could see an additional $10,000 wiped away. The specifics, per...
Biden Had No Idea Mar-a-Lago
Would Be Raided: White House
Aug 10, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
Biden Had No Idea Mar-a-Lago Would Be Raided: White House
Press secretary says president was not briefed
- President Biden was not briefed and "was not aware" at all of the FBI's Monday raid on former President Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida before it happened, the White House said Tuesday at a press briefing. "No one at the White House was given a heads...
Democrats Turn 'Brandon'
Meme Around to Praise Biden
Aug 9, 2022 12:16 PM CDT
Democrats Turn 'Brandon' Meme Around to Praise Biden
Jokey images depict Biden, aka 'Dark Brandon, as 'master of the political dark arts' following Democratic wins
- A week after Joe Biden was elected president, a Chinese illustrator began spewing out images of Biden as an evil, all-powerful being with glowing eyes. Yang Quan often shared the images with pro-China messages. So why are several now going viral, spread not by Chinese sympathizers, but by Biden's...
Biden Says He's
Emergency to Boost
Jul 11, 2022 12:31 AM CDT
Biden Says He's Considered Declaring Emergency to Boost Abortion Access
But White House has said it doesn't appear to be a 'great option'
- President Joe Biden said Sunday he is considering declaring a public health emergency to free up federal resources to promote abortion access even though the White House has said it doesn't seem like “a great option.” He also offered a message to people enraged by the Supreme...
On Russia's Latest
'Stop List': Biden's Family
Jun 28, 2022 9:15 AM CDT
On Russia's Latest 'Stop List': Biden's Family
First lady Jill Biden, president's daughter Ashley are banned from entering the country
- Russia on Tuesday announced it was banning the wife and daughter of President Biden from entering the country, in response to widening sanctions against Russia. The nation's Foreign Ministry said 25 names were being added to the country's "stop list," including Biden's wife Jill and...
as an Issue
Jun 14, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Biden's Age Reemerges as an Issue
White House balks amid concerns about 'geriatric leadership'
- The White House is brushing off concerns that the 79-year-old president's age could affect his reelection bid as "fallacious" and not worth listening to. Asked Monday whether President Biden could handle another presidential campaign, press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told CNN , "That is not a question that we...
Says He'll Back
a Former Rival
Jun 14, 2022 6:19 AM CDT
Bernie Sanders Says He'll Back a Former Rival
Senator says he won't issue a primary challenge to POTUS
- Increasingly, there have been reports of Democrats being concerned about President Biden running for re-election in 2024. But one person Biden won't have to worry about is Bernie Sanders. The senator from Vermont told CNN that while it's "a little too early" to be talking about such...
Had Some Advice
for Biden: Yell
Jun 9, 2022 12:08 AM CDT
Jimmy Kimmel Had Some Advice for Biden: Yell
President gives his first in-person appearance on a late night show
- There weren't a lot of laughs, but President Biden got some unsolicited advice from Jimmy Kimmel on Wednesday when the president sat down for his first in-person interview with a late-night host since taking office, the AP reports. The host of ABC's
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
expressed frustration about...
2 Tweets From Bezos on Biden,
With One Theme: 'Misdirection'
May 16, 2022 8:08 AM CDT
2 Tweets From Bezos on Biden, With One Theme: 'Misdirection'
Amazon founder goes after president on Twitter about inflation
- President Biden is well aware of the nation's current woes around inflation , and he recently pledged to make it his top domestic priority. But his thoughts on how to do so have rankled one of the world's richest men, and that man took to Twitter to tell the...
Don't Expect a Huge Number
on Biden's Student Loan Salve
Apr 29, 2022 12:46 PM CDT
Don't Expect a Huge Number on Biden's Student Loan Salve
President still considering 'some debt reduction,' but not the $50K-per-borrower some Dems want
- Reducing, or outright eliminating, debt for the 43 million people who've borrowed money via federal student loans has long been a top priority on progressives' wish list. And President Biden is seriously considering "some debt reduction," he announced this week, though advocates shouldn't get their hopes...
Bidens' Oldest Grandkid
to Enjoy Rare White House Perk
Apr 5, 2022 6:36 AM CDT
Bidens' Oldest Grandkid to Enjoy Rare White House Perk
Naomi Biden, 28, and Peter Neal, 24, will have WH wedding reception on Nov. 19
- Details are scarce, but a Biden is about to celebrate their wedding in the White House. That would be Naomi Biden, Joe and Jill Biden's oldest grandchild, who'll have her nuptials hosted by the president and first lady on Nov. 19, a spokesperson for Jill Biden tells CNN...
Man Can Keep
Referring to Biden
Mar 16, 2022 7:28 AM CDT
Man Can Keep 'Objectionable' License Plate Referring to Biden
Alabama won't recall Nathan Kirk's 'LGBFJB' tag—standing for 'Let's go, Brandon,' apparent vulgarity
- "Let's go, Brandon," the catchphrase that's code among Trump supporters for "F--- Joe Biden," has made its way, in a way, onto an Alabama man's license plate, and he's going to be allowed to keep it there. AL.com reports that the...
White House Event
Celebrates Black History
Feb 28, 2022 7:13 PM CST
White House Event Celebrates Black History
Biden urges Congress to confirm Jackson, pass voting rights bills
- President Biden welcomed Black leaders to the White House on Monday for a jovial Black History Month celebration, where he called on Congress to confirm Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court and pass voting rights bills. "I know progress can be slow and frustrating," Biden said. "...
Listened to Mitt
Feb 23, 2022 9:50 AM CST
Growing Consensus on Russia: Should've Listened to Mitt
A look back at Romney's 2012 remarks on Russia being 'without question, our No. 1 geopolitical foe'
- As the world waits anxiously for his next move on Ukraine, Vladimir Putin continues to make demands over the crisis, exacerbated this week by his ordering of Russian troops into eastern Ukraine. Now, comments made about Russia a decade ago by Sen. Mitt Romney, then a presidential contender against incumbent...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Brittney Griner Freed by Russia, but at a 'Heavy Price'
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
Restaurant Axed Reservation After Staff Looked Up Group
Palace 'Might Be Relieved' by Harry & Meghan Series
Release May Be a Reward for Viktor Bout Keeping 'His Cool'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.