Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sep 7, 2023 4:27 AM CDT
'Heartbroken' Springsteen Postpones Concerts
September shows have been put off based on doctors' orders, rock legend says
- The Boss is taking an unexpected breather and postponing his September shows, citing doctors' orders. Bruce Springsteen announced on his website Wednesday that he was postponing shows for the remainder of the month while he is treated for symptoms of peptic ulcer disease, the AP reports. The postponed shows including...
Amid Outcry, Springsteen
Manager Defends Ticket Prices
Jul 28, 2022 7:39 AM CDT
Amid Outcry, Springsteen Manager Defends Ticket Prices
'In pricing tickets for this tour, we looked carefully at what our peers have been doing'
- While there's been no comment from the Boss himself, Bruce Springsteen's manager has addressed outrage over ticket prices for Springsteen's 2023 tour. After tickets went on sale for some dates last week, Ticketmaster price for some seats rose to thousands of dollars because of its "dynamic...
Price of Springsteen Tickets
Causes an Uproar
Jul 25, 2022 6:39 PM CDT
Price of Springsteen Tickets Causes an Uproar
Ticketmaster offered some for more than $4K
- Bruce Springsteen is famous for his songs about working Americans—but when tickets for his eagerly awaited 2023 tour went on sale recently, fans were dismayed to see prices beyond the reach of most Americans who aren't working as hedge fund CEOs. The price of some floor seats rose...
UK Cheers McCartney's
Concert for the Ages
Jun 26, 2022 2:10 PM CDT
UK Cheers McCartney's Concert for the Ages
Fans, reviewers praise historic Glastonbury performance
- Doubts were expressed when Paul McCartney was announced as the headliner for this year's Glastonbury Festival in southwest England. For one thing, the co-founder of the Beatles just turned 80 years old—four times the age of Billie Eilish, who also performed at the festival. The skeptics are singing...
E Street Band
Going on Tour
May 24, 2022 7:08 AM CDT
Springsteen, E Street Band Going on Tour
It's their first in about 6 years
- The Boss is hitting the road again, and the E Street Band band is coming with him. The rockers announced Monday that they will begin an arena tour in February in the United States, followed by stadium shows beginning in April in Europe, per the AP . Details on the cities...
The Boss Might've
Just Made Biggest
Music Deal Ever
Dec 16, 2021 6:26 AM CST
The Boss Might've Just Made Biggest Single-Artist Music Deal Ever
Bruce Springsteen reportedly just sold his entire music, publishing catalogs to Sony for $500M
- They don't call him The Boss for nothing.
is the first to come in with a report that Bruce Springsteen has inked what may be the largest single-artist music deal ever, selling both his entire music catalog and publishing catalog to Sony for $500 million. The 72-year-old artist...
Newest Olympic Medalist
Has a Famous Dad
Aug 7, 2021 8:30 AM CDT
Newest Olympic Medalist Has a Famous Dad
Jessica Springsteen, daughter of Bruce, and US equestrian team take home the silver
- The Springsteen family has gone platinum many times over. Time to make space for a little silver, too. Jessica Springsteen and the US equestrian jumping team came up just short of Olympic gold, falling to Sweden in a jump-off Saturday night that still left the Americans with a record 10th...
Bruce Springsteen's Daughter
Makes Her Olympic Debut
Aug 3, 2021 11:21 AM CDT
Bruce Springsteen's Daughter Makes Her Olympic Debut
Jessica Springsteen falls short in solo qualifier, still has a chance for medal in group event
- Jessica Springsteen had no luck going solo in Tokyo. Perhaps, suggests the AP , she'll do better with a band. The daughter of famed rocker Bruce Springsteen and his E Street Band wife, Patti Scialfa, failed to qualify for the Olympic individual jumping finals at Tokyo's Equestrian Park on...
Podcast By a Couple
of Bosses Becomes a Book
Jul 22, 2021 4:38 PM CDT
Podcast By a Couple of Bosses Becomes a Book
Print version of 'Renegades,' from Obama and Springsteen, will have a few additions
- There's a new chapter in the collaboration of Barack and the Boss.
Renegades: Born in the USA
is a bound edition of the popular
podcast featuring conversations between former President Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen on topics such as fame, cars—and the country itself. Penguin Random House...
Jul 19, 2021 9:56 AM CDT
Springsteen's Manager May Have Settled Mystery
In 'Thunder Road,' Mary's dress 'sways' not 'waves,' says Jon Landau
- If you missed it, a long-simmering Bruce Springsteen debate erupted online earlier this month about the song "Thunder Road." In the opening line, does the Boss sing that Mary's dress "sways" or "waves?" Each side has compelling evidence: The album's official lyrics say "...
Is It 'Sways'
Jul 17, 2021 9:30 AM CDT
A Springsteen Mystery: Is It 'Sways' or 'Waves?'
'Los Angeles Times' digs into the controversy over Mary's dress in 'Thunder Road'
- It's simple enough question about an iconic song: What does Mary's dress do in the opening line of Bruce Springsteen's "Thunder Road?" The song begins, "The screen door slams. Mary's dress (fill in the blank) ..." The dress either "sways" or "waves,...
Is Headed to
Jul 6, 2021 4:00 AM CDT
Jessica Springsteen Is Headed to Olympics
Bruce's daughter is an equestrian show jumper
- Jessica Springsteen is going to the Olympics. The 29-year-old middle child of Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa competes in equestrian show jumping , and on Monday, US Equestrian announced that she and three others would represent the US in the sport at the Tokyo games starting later this month, the
AstraZeneca Recipients Can
See Springsteen After All
Jun 22, 2021 10:00 AM CDT
AstraZeneca Recipients Can See Springsteen After All
Rules changed ahead of this weekend's Broadway show
- AstraZeneca vaccine recipients can see Bruce Springsteen, too. Springsteen will be the man at the helm of Broadway's return, with "Springsteen on Broadway" reopening Saturday in front of a fully vaccinated audience in New York. Originally, only those who'd received an FDA-approved vaccine were to be allowed...
Obama Recounts That Time
He Broke a Friend's Nose
Feb 24, 2021 4:28 PM CST
Obama Recounts That Time He Broke a Friend's Nose
He also talks reparations on 'Renegades' podcast
- Barack Obama usually comes off as calm, cool, and collected. But that isn’t always the case. For example, as a boy in Hawaii he once punched a friend in the face over a racial slur. In the second episode of his podcast collaboration with musician Bruce Springsteen, the former...
Feb 24, 2021 12:12 PM CST
Springsteen DWI Charge Dropped
He was fined $540 for drinking in federal park
- Bruce Springsteen has pleaded guilty to drinking illegally in a federal park—but charges of DWI and reckless driving have been dismissed. At a virtual hearing Wednesday, prosecutors said they couldn't meet the burden of proof for drunk driving over the November incident at Sandy Hook federal park in...
Obama, Springsteen Launch
'Born in the USA' Podcast
Feb 22, 2021 3:25 PM CST
Obama, Springsteen Launch 'Born in the USA' Podcast
'In many ways, Bruce and I have been on parallel journeys'
- "In many ways, Bruce and I have been on parallel journeys," Barack Obama says in the first episode of "Renegades: Born in the USA," his new podcast with Bruce Springsteen. The podcast, which NBC calls the "highest-profile collaboration in the history of podcasting," launched...
Feb 11, 2021 4:45 PM CST
Springsteen Wouldn't Take Breath Test, Officer Says
Court filing reports the smell of alcohol and an empty tequila bottle
- Bruce Springsteen told a park officer he had done two shots of alcohol in the previous 20 minutes but wouldn't take a breath test before he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving in New Jersey in November, according to a document filed Thursday in federal court. The officer...
Jeep Pulls Super Bowl Ad
After Springsteen DWI Charge
Feb 11, 2021 12:12 AM CST
Jeep Pulls Super Bowl Ad After Springsteen DWI Charge
Ad is on pause until facts are established
- The Jeep ad featuring Bruce Springsteen that aired during the Super Bowl has now been pulled from the brand's social media following news of the rocker's November arrest on a DWI charge . While it "would be inappropriate for us to comment on the details of a matter...
Springsteen Was Arrested
for DWI at NJ Federal Park
Feb 10, 2021 11:56 AM CST
Springsteen Was Arrested for DWI at NJ Federal Park
Authorities say arrest happened in November
- In the 1980 song "Wreck on the Highway," Bruce Springsteen reflected on the grief caused by a car crash—which will make his arrest for alleged drunk driving all the more disappointing for fans. TMZ reports the 71-year-old rock legend was arrested in a federal park in New...
Oct 26, 2020 7:30 PM CDT
Springsteen's Joyful Takes on Aging
David Brooks sees lessons in new album's looks back and ahead
- At age 71, Bruce Springsteen has released a new album that's receiving praise from reviewers and fans as, remarkably, one of his best.
Letter to You
, which is accompanied by a streaming film, is largely a look back, built around the closeness of the E Street Band, David Brooks...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
He's Erasing a 2012 Murder, One Pitch at a Time
Forget WFH. It's Time to WFG
Motherhood May Bring On Interesting Quirk
'Open Secret' at Chicken Slaughterhouses: Kids at Work
Big Tobacco Made Junk Food Addictive, Too
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.