Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Colbert: 'He'll Have
to Butt-Dial Reporters
From a Landline'
Apr 29, 2021 7:34 AM CDT
Colbert: 'He'll Have to Butt-Dial Reporters From a Landline'
Late-night hosts lapped up Giuliani raid
- Rudy Giuliani is a favorite target of late-night hosts even when he's not being raided by federal agents —and they didn't hold back on Wednesday night. Stephen Colbert, who unveiled a new Giuliani title card with a fart sound effect, per Vulture , noted that the raid "...
Late Night Takes Shots at J&J
Apr 14, 2021 7:33 AM CDT
Late Night Takes Shots at J&J
News on rare development of blood clots after vaccination catches attention of Colbert et al
- On Tuesday, the FDA and CDC recommended a "pause" of the Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine amid reports of rare blood clotting. Six women between the ages of 18 and 48 developed clots within a few weeks after receiving the J&J dose, out of nearly 7 million doses...
Mar 18, 2021 8:01 AM CDT
Late Night Got Somber on Wednesday
Hosts speak about the Georgia shootings, racism
- There wasn’t much to laugh about Wednesday as late night hosts took on the Atlanta-area shootings that left eight people dead, including six Asian women. The
's Trevor Noah noted his frustration at the shooter's claim that he wasn't motivated by racism . "Your...
Late Night Has
on Royal Hubbub
Mar 10, 2021 8:47 AM CST
Late Night Has Some Thoughts on Royal Hubbub
Colbert, Fallon, Kimmel, and Meyers tag-team against Buckingham Palace, Piers Morgan
- Buckingham Palace finally spoke up on Tuesday after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah , noting the royals were "saddened" by the Sussexes' claims of racism and other challenges they'd faced. The palace also assured the public that those claims would be taken "very seriously"...
Late Night Blasts
Ted Cruz Photo Op
Feb 23, 2021 10:00 AM CST
Late Night Blasts Ted Cruz Photo Op
'Most people just drove away when he tried showing them his vacation photos'
- Late-night hosts who were on vacation during Ted Cruz's Cancun trip last week couldn't have been happier with the Texas senator's weekend photo op. Cruz had shared photos showing him meeting with first responders and putting water in people's vehicles with the hashtag #TexasStrong, which only...
by Greene's Committee Seat
Jan 29, 2021 8:04 AM CST
Democrats Dumbfounded by Greene's Committee Seat
They want Marjorie Taylor Greene ousted from Education Committee
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was "appalled" to learn Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who once endorsed executing the speaker , was appointed to the House Education Committee. "What could they be thinking?" Pelosi said of Republican House leaders on Thursday, per Politico . "Or is thinking too generous of a...
'Anyone Else Feel Like
They Just Lost 280 Pounds?'
Jan 21, 2021 7:31 AM CST
'Anyone Else Feel Like They Just Lost 280 Pounds?'
Late night bids farewell to the Trump presidency
- "So that's what it feels like when you're not grinding your teeth." So declared an upbeat Seth Meyers on Wednesday after Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th US president. Meyers took some time stressing the phrase "former President Trump." He "concluded...
Late Night Goes to Town
on 'End of an Error'
Jan 20, 2021 7:39 AM CST
Late Night Goes to Town on 'End of an Error'
The takeaway: 'Take him away'
- Late night hosts made no attempt to hide their glee on Tuesday night, with hours left in Donald Trump's presidency. Jimmy Kimmel called it "the end of an error" and questioned whether the presidency was worth it for Trump. "Six years ago, we were all perfectly fine...
Late Night Not Wowed by
Trump's Social Media Bans
Jan 8, 2021 8:16 AM CST
Late Night Not Wowed by Trump's Social Media Bans
'Guess who doesn't want to ban TikTok anymore'
- Late night hosts had a lot to unpack Thursday, from Joe Biden's certification as the next US president to President Trump's bans from social media. "And yet, compared to yesterday , it's a slow news day," remarked Jimmy Fallon, who called out resigning White House officials...
Late Night's Take on
Wednesday Was Pretty Bleak
Jan 7, 2021 6:18 AM CST
Late Night's Take on Wednesday Was Pretty Bleak
Colbert calls it 'a horrifying day that will go down in US history, however much longer that is'
- Wednesday's events were no laughing matter for Jimmy Fallon, who on the
reviewed what unfolded at the Capitol with guest Dan Rather and had this to say: "Being here tonight and talking to you at home and reassuring you that we’re going to be OK...
Mike Pence's Big Day
Gets Late-Night Preview
Jan 6, 2021 9:30 AM CST
Mike Pence's Big Day Gets Late-Night Preview
Jimmy Fallon says VP's role at election certification is glorified 'bingo caller'; others have own takes
- All eyes will be on Mike Pence on Wednesday, when the vice president will preside over a joint session of Congress to certify Joe Biden's election victory. With President Trump putting the squeeze on him to block that certification—which legal experts widely agree Pence doesn't have the...
Come 'Drop Trou'
on My Show
Dec 4, 2020 6:15 AM CST
Colbert to 3 Ex-Presidents: Come 'Drop Trou' on My Show
Late-night host extends offer for Obama, Clinton, Bush to receive COVID vaccine on the air
- Three former US presidents have offered to ease concern and get publicly inoculated to prove the safety of vetted COVID-19 vaccines. Now, at least one-late night host is taking them up on that offer. "President Bush, President Clinton, President Obama, put your antibodies where your mouth is," Stephen...
Late-Night Hosts Mock
Trump's Refusal to Concede
Nov 13, 2020 7:38 AM CST
Late-Night Hosts Mock Trump's Refusal to Concede
'Welcome to Day 9 of Squattergate,' Kimmel says
- President Trump's refusal to concede the election may be bad news for American democracy, but it's providing plenty of material for late-night hosts including Jimmy Kimmel, who has labeled it "Squattergate." Kimmel joked Thursday night that one solution could be to make Trump the president of...
My Heart Is Broken
Nov 6, 2020 7:50 AM CST
Stephen Colbert: My Heart Is Broken
Late-night hosts rip Trump's speech, lawsuits
- Stephen Colbert couldn't find much to laugh about Thursday following President's Trump speech . Two minutes into his monologue, the
host was fighting back tears. After summarizing Trump's "nonsensical" rant about the election being stolen from him, Colbert aired an old clip in which Trump...
'Anxious' Jon Stewart
The Late Show
Oct 31, 2020 10:00 AM CDT
'Anxious' Jon Stewart Unloads on
The Late Show
With Election Day looming, Stewart has a lot to tell Stephen Colbert
- Jon Stewart popped up on
The Late Show
Friday night and described himself as a little stressed—and then some, the Huffington Post reports. "I'm terrified. I'm anxious, I'm lonely, I'm wishing it was 2010 again," he told host Stephen Colbert. "An election...
Jokes About 2020 Race
Are a Wee Bit One-Sided
Oct 20, 2020 9:50 AM CDT
Jokes About 2020 Race Are a Wee Bit One-Sided
Of 469 late-night jokes, 455 were about Trump
- What on earth will late-night hosts do if Joe Biden wins in two weeks? An AP story illustrates the problem. A study out of George Mason University counted jokes told about the 2020 race in September by Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon. Out of 469, 455 were about Trump, leaving...
Kaling Makes 'Extraordinary'
Oct 9, 2020 6:27 AM CDT
Kaling Makes 'Extraordinary' Reveal on
'Office' actress welcomed 2nd child, a son, last month
- Mindy Kaling popped in remotely on the
on Thursday, and host Stephen Colbert prodded her to tell his audience about "something extraordinary that nobody knows." The big reveal from the 41-year-old
actress: She's a mom again,
reports. "I'm telling it for...
Late-Night Hosts Rip
Trump Over COVID
Oct 6, 2020 7:21 AM CDT
Late-Night Hosts Rip Trump Over COVID
Seth Meyers jokes that hospital suite cost more than president's tax bill
- Late-night hosts skewered President Trump on Monday over a staged photo op meant to show him working inside Walter Reed Military Medical Hospital; his decision to ride past supporters in an SUV, potentially exposing Secret Service members to the coronavirus; and his assurance that Americans are "gonna beat" the...
Bolton to a Mocking
Colbert: 'I Couldn't
Believe It Was That Bad'
Jun 24, 2020 9:30 AM CDT
Bolton to a Mocking Colbert: 'I Couldn't Believe It Was That Bad'
'Late Show' host grills former national security adviser, pokes fun at how 'naive' he was on Trump
- Former national security adviser John Bolton popped in Tuesday for a guest appearance on Stephen Colbert's
, and it probably didn't go as he'd envisioned it. Bolton, who's been making the rounds to promote his upcoming tell-all book , was grilled by an "unimpressed" Colbert,...
As Coronavirus Upends Life,
Colbert Uncovers the 'Truth'
Mar 19, 2020 8:35 AM CDT
As Coronavirus Upends Life, Colbert Uncovers the 'Truth'
'That this is one great nation, united by our belief in, and our need for, each other'
- Stephen Colbert was "live on tape from a safe distance" Wednesday, keeping up his streak of working remotely while the novel coronavirus continues to spread. And as Mashable notes, his "self-isolation monologues are getting more and more ambitious." The late-night host spoke for a full 15 minutes-plus...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Boomers Throw a Wrench Into Housing Market
The Opioid Crisis Is Crossing Over to Something Darker
Dolly Parton's Sister Has a NSFW Message for Critics
Mother of Burlington Suspect: He Thinks 'World Is a Mess'
Here's Merriam-Webster's Word of the Year for 2023
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.