Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Feb 3, 2023 10:20 AM CST
Court Acquits Man Who Stabbed Wife 'Involuntarily'
Canada's Jean-Luc Charles Perignon was ruled to be 'effectively asleep'
- A Canadian man who definitely stabbed his wife has been found not guilty of the crime. In a stunning case of "automatism," British Columbia's Supreme Court found Jean-Luc Charles Perignon was "effectively asleep" when he stabbed his then-wife, Debra, in the back with a kitchen knife...
Teen Who Killed
Jan 25, 2023 3:18 PM CST
Teen Who Killed Rival Cheerleader Sentenced
15-year-old could be out in 3 years
- A 15-year-old girl who killed a rival cheerleader last year apologized for her "bad choices" Tuesday before she was sentenced. The girl, whose name isn't being disclosed due to her age, pleaded guilty last month to manslaughter in the April death of 16-year-old Kayla Green after an event...
College Student Was About
to Exit the Bus. Then, an Attack
Jan 14, 2023 11:30 AM CST
College Student Was About to Exit the Bus. Then, an Attack
Indiana U: 56-year-old Bille Davis of Bloomington attacked student due to anti-Asian hate
- A 56-year-old woman has been charged after an 18-year-old Indiana University student repeatedly was stabbed in the head on a public bus in an attack the school says was because the victim is Asian. The victim told investigators she was standing and waiting for the exit doors to open on...
Cops Name Man Who
8 Girls Allegedly Swarmed
Jan 10, 2023 5:39 PM CST
Cops Name Man Who 8 Girls Allegedly Swarmed
Toronto residents charged with second-degree murder of man outside homeless shelter
- The man who was stabbed to death in December in what police have called a "swarming" attack was on Tuesday identified as Ken Lee; he had previously been described as a 59-year-old who was residing in Toronto's homeless shelters. The
reports Lee was attacked near the main...
Soccer Pro Among
5 Stabbed in Supermarket
Oct 28, 2022 4:02 AM CDT
Soccer Pro Among 5 Stabbed in Supermarket
Cashier was killed in Italy attack
- A man grabbed a knife from a supermarket shelf Thursday and stabbed five people, killing one and wounding four others, including Spanish soccer player Pablo Mari, Italian authorities said. Police said they arrested a 46-year-old Italian man suspected in the attack at a shopping center in Assago, a suburb of...
RCMP: Canada Mass Stabbing
Suspect Acted Alone
Oct 7, 2022 4:20 PM CDT
RCMP: Canada Mass Stabbing Suspect Acted Alone
Investigators say Myles Sanderson killed 11 people, including his brother
- The Mounties now believe the stabbing spree that horrified Canada last month was carried out by a single person—Myles Sanderson, who died soon after he was taken into custody . Rhonda Blackmore, commanding officer of the Saskatchewan RCMP, said Thursday that investigators believe Sanderson killed all 10 victims found dead...
He Tried to Take Pic
With Vegas Showgirls,
Started Killing: Witness
Oct 7, 2022 12:29 AM CDT
He Tried to Take Pic With Vegas Showgirls, Started Killing: Witness
2 dead, 6 others hurt in Las Vegas Strip stabbing spree
This story has been updated with the victims' identities.
An attacker with a large kitchen knife killed two people and wounded six others in stabbings along the Las Vegas Strip before he was arrested Thursday, police said. Three people were hospitalized in critical condition and another three were in stable...
Cops: Tulsa DA Stabbed
by His 30-Year-Old Daughter
Sep 28, 2022 1:06 PM CDT
Cops: Tulsa DA Stabbed by His 30-Year-Old Daughter
Police say Steve Kunzweiler's daughter was having possible mental health crisis
- Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler survived a stabbing on Tuesday that officials allege was carried out by his 30-year-old daughter. In a Tuesday statement, Tulsa Police Capt. Richard Meulenberg said there was "a potential mental health crisis on the daughter’s side, and then that led to the...
Toronto Spa Killer
Pleads Guilty, Says
He Was 'Born' an Incel
Sep 15, 2022 12:30 AM CDT
Toronto Spa Killer Pleads Guilty, Says He Was 'Born' an Incel
Toronto teen killed woman, injured 2 others in 2020 stabbings
The now-20-year-old who went on a stabbing spree at a Toronto massage parlor when he was 17, killing one woman and injuring another woman and a man, pleaded guilty Wednesday to charges of murder and attempted murder. He still faces terror charges not covered by the plea. The killer,...
Before Arrest, Canada Suspect
Broke Into Woman's Home
Sep 8, 2022 6:19 AM CDT
Before Arrest, Canada Suspect Broke Into Woman's Home
Police sources say Myles Sanderson died from self-inflicted wounds
- Four days of fear in Saskatchewan ended Wednesday with the arrest of the only surviving suspect in Sunday's stabbing rampage—but Myles Sanderson died soon afterward , meaning authorities may never know his motive. Police sources tell the
that the 32-year-old died from self-inflicted wounds and a knife was...
Both Suspects in Canada
Stabbing Spree Now Dead
Sep 7, 2022 10:37 PM CDT
Both Suspects in Canada Stabbing Spree Now Dead
Source says 2nd suspect died of self-inflicted injuries after police ran him off road
Both suspects in the Canada stabbing spree that left 10 people dead in Saskatchewan Sunday are now dead. Hours after authorities announced Myles Sanderson had been arrested after police rammed his vehicle Wednesday afternoon, an official who spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity said Sanderson died...
Mounties Say Possible Sighting
of Suspect Was False Alarm
Sep 6, 2022 6:54 PM CDT
Mounties Say Possible Sighting of Suspect Was False Alarm
Officers searching for Myles Sanderson had surrounded home on Saskatchewan reserve
This story has been updated with new developments
. The Mounties said Tuesday that Myles Sanderson , the surviving suspect in Sunday's stabbing rampage, was not on the James Smith Cree Nation, the Indigenous reserve in Saskatchewan where many of the 10 dead and 18 injured were found. Hours earlier, people...
Canada Stabbing Fugitive
Has 59 Earlier Convictions
Sep 6, 2022 11:18 AM CDT
Canada Stabbing Fugitive Has 59 Earlier Convictions
Myles Sanderson remains at large after deaths of 11 in Saskatchewan
- Tuesday is day three of the manhunt in Canada for 30-year-old Myles Sanderson, suspected in a brutal stabbing spree in the province of Saskatchewan. Police say Sanderson and his brother Damien killed 10 people and wounded another 18 in and around James Smith Cree Nation and in the nearby town...
10 Killed, 15 Wounded
in Canada Stabbing Rampage
Sep 4, 2022 7:25 PM CDT
10 Killed, 15 Wounded in Canada Stabbing Rampage
Police in Saskatchewan are searching for 2 suspects after apparently random attacks
- A series of stabbings at an Indigenous community and at another town nearby in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan left 10 people dead and 15 wounded, Canadian police said Sunday as they searched for two suspects. The stabbings took place in multiple locations on the James Smith Cree Nation and...
Iran Has Something
to Say About
Aug 15, 2022 6:34 AM CDT
Iran Has Something to Say About Rushdie Attack
It denies any culpability, says stabbing was the fault of Rushdie himself and his supporters
- As Salman Rushdie appears to be slowly recuperating after last week's stabbing in New York, Iran has its own update, and it's a denial of any culpability. "Regarding the attack on Salman Rushdie, we do not consider anyone other than [Rushdie] and his supporters [worthy] of blame...
'The News Is
Aug 13, 2022 6:00 AM CDT
Agent on Rushdie: 'The News Is Not Good'
Author will likely lose an eye, suffered severed nerves in arm, damaged liver, says Andrew Wylie
- One day after he was stabbed while onstage at New York state's Chautauqua Institution to give a lecture, Salman Rushdie is hooked up to a ventilator and not able to talk, his agent says, per the BBC . "The news is not good," Andrew Wylie told the
Doctor, 2 Nurses
Stabbed at LA Hospital
Jun 4, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Doctor, 2 Nurses Stabbed at LA Hospital
Suspect taken into custody after attack at Encino Hospital Medical Center; victims hospitalized
- Chaos unfolded at a Los Angeles hospital Friday after police say a man walked in and stabbed a doctor and two nurses. Deputy Chief Alan Hamilton of the LAPD tells KTLA that the suspect entered Encino Hospital Medical Center shortly before 4pm local time to "seek treatment" after a...
Fight at Times Square
Arcade Leaves Man Dead
May 3, 2022 3:55 PM CDT
Fight at Times Square Arcade Leaves Man Dead
The victim was said to be reaching for a prize on a shelf at Dave & Buster's
- A fight in the prize redemption area of a Dave & Buster's in Manhattan ended with one man dead and another arrested on a murder charge. The
New York Times
reports the Saturday night argument in the Times Square arcade allegedly started when Allen Stanford (whose name is also...
Girl, 15, Killed in
Apr 19, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
Girl, 15, Killed in Stabbing Attack at California High School
Intruder walked into Stagg High School and killed girl
- A man drove onto the Stagg High School campus in Stockton, Calif., on Monday, parked, walked over to a 15-year-old girl, and stabbed her multiple times. A school district police officer quickly detained the suspect, but the teen did not survive the attack; she died later at a hospital, ABC...
Lawmaker's Death Was an
'Assassination.' Now, a Verdict
Apr 12, 2022 12:55 PM CDT
Lawmaker's Death Was an 'Assassination.' Now, a Verdict
ISIS supporter Ali Harbi Ali, 26, found guilty of stabbing UK lawmaker David Amess to death
- A jury deliberated for just 18 minutes Monday before finding a fervent Islamic State supporter guilty of stabbing lawmaker David Amess to death, a slaying that shocked the nation and sparked calls for increased police protection for politicians. Ali Harbi Ali, 26, was found guilty by London's Central Criminal...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
China Has an Innocent Explanation for Its Balloon
Groundhog Day Took a Tragic Turn in Quebec
The Rock Got the Call 'We Never Want to Get'
Pedophile Former Pop Star Released After 8 Years
Funeral Home Staff Unzipped a Body Bag, Got Quite a Shock
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.