Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
This May Be the Text That
Doomed Tucker Carlson
May 3, 2023 6:28 AM CDT
This May Be the Text That Doomed Tucker Carlson
'It's not how white men fight,' Fox host wrote in message obtained by 'NYT'
New York Times
has obtained a text message Tucker Carlson sent to a producer in the hours after the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6, 2021, which reportedly contributed to his ouster from Fox News. In it, Carlson describes a video he watched in which "a group of Trump...
Holiday Text Hits Painful Snag
Dec 29, 2022 6:55 PM CST
Holiday Text Hits Painful Snag
Patients mistakenly received notice that they had 'aggressive lung cancer'
- The execution of an English medical office's plan to send a text bidding its patients to have happy holidays made that highly unlikely—at least for an hour or so. On Friday, Askern Medical Practice in Doncaster sent registered customers a text message informing them that they had an...
Texts Secret Service Agents
Didn't Back Up Are Gone
Jul 20, 2022 9:15 AM CDT
Texts Secret Service Agents Didn't Back Up Are Gone
Agents were apparently tasked with determining what to back up during phone migration
The House Jan. 6 committee said late Tuesday that it received a letter from the Secret Service confirming the text messages the panel was seeking are gone for good. The letter also confirmed the deletion occurred during a planned phone migration that occurred shortly after the Capitol attack, reports...
In New Texts Between Hannity
and Mark Meadows, a Shift
Apr 30, 2022 8:15 AM CDT
In New Texts Between Hannity and Mark Meadows, a Shift
Fox host went from 'staunch supporter' of election lies to warning against 'fing lunatics,' per CNN
- CNN has more texts from Mark Meadows , this time dozens of them between the former White House chief of staff and Fox News host Sean Hannity. The two exchanged more than 80 messages between Election Day 2020 and President Biden's inauguration, which the news outlet says show "...
Shift on Riot
Apr 26, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
Greene's Texts to Meadows Show Quick Shift on Riot
As it began, she asked for Trump to calm rioters; soon, she put blame on antifa infiltrators
- Texts to and from Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows on the day of the Capitol riot and, more generally, in the aftermath of the 2020 election have been the subject of many stories of late. But CNN is now unveiling a mother lode—a total of 2,319 texts...
Final Text Revealed From
Family Who Died on Trail
Feb 19, 2022 8:30 AM CST
Final Text Revealed From Family Who Died on Trail
From Jonathan Gerrish's phone: 'can you help us. ... No water or ver [over] heating with baby'
More is now known about the final hours of a California family who perished on a hike near Yosemite over the summer, thanks to dad Jonathan Gerrish's cellphone, reports CNN . Per the Mariposa County Sheriff's Office , some of the last things that Gerrish, wife Ellen Chung, and...
Jan. 6 Text to
Is Hurting All of Us'
Dec 14, 2021 6:23 AM CST
Fox Host's Jan. 6 Text to Meadows: 'This Is Hurting All of Us'
Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, Brian Kilmeade all frantically messaged Trump's then-chief of staff
- On Monday evening, a House panel probing what happened during the Capitol riot voted unanimously to recommend Mark Meadows, the chief of staff for former President Trump, be held in contempt of Congress. Among the evidence read aloud before the vote were a series of text messages sent to Meadows...
French Fume Over
of Macron Text
Nov 3, 2021 6:19 AM CDT
French Fume Over Australian Leak of Macron Text
Ambassador describes 'unprecedented new low' in France-Australia relationship
- Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison shared a private text message from French President Emmanuel Macron in an attempt to defend himself from Macron's claims that he's a liar —which only further widened the rift between the two countries. "You don't behave like this on personal...
Dec 19, 2020 12:35 PM CST
Vaccine Scams Are Already Happening
Homeland Security agents are already chasing down fake websites
- If you're seeing coronavirus vaccine deals, look again: US officials say they're almost certainly scams. Whether by email, phone, or online, scammers are angling to take advantage of our desire for inoculation. "If you're receiving unsolicited offers for a vaccine—not one, not two, but about...
Netflix Film Reveals Last Texts
of Chris and Shanann Watts
Sep 30, 2020 10:15 AM CDT
Netflix Film Reveals Last Texts of Chris and Shanann Watts
Final messages between doomed Colo. mom, husband ranged from loving to mundane
- As Chris Watts serves life without parole in a Wisconsin maximum security prison, the story of what got him there is debuting on Netflix.
American Murder: The Family Next Door
, which begins streaming Wednesday, is, per Mashable , a "stomach-churning, emotional missing-persons story," focusing on the August 2018 disappearance...
Aug 26, 2020 8:41 AM CDT
After 550 'G-Rated' Texts to Colleague, Alaska AG Steps Down
A married Kevin Clarkson sent the messages to much younger female worker's personal phone
- Alaska's attorney general is stepping down after a joint investigation by the
Alaska Daily News
and ProPublica revealed a series of "uncomfortable" texts he'd sent to a much younger female colleague. Per the
, Gov. Mike Dunleavy said on Tuesday that Kevin Clarkson had resigned, after first...
Shares a 'Little
Secret' on His
Jun 6, 2020 8:15 AM CDT
Prince William Shares a 'Little Secret' on His Lockdown Activities
The Duke of Cambridge has secretly been volunteering for a mental crisis hotline
- It's hard to imagine what royal family members do during lockdown, but Britain's Prince William just filled us in on one of his activities. Per CNN , the Duke of Cambridge, along with wife Kate Middleton, brother Harry, and Harry's wife, Meghan Markle, helped start Shout, the UK'...
What's It Like Having Elon's
Old Number? She Can Tell You
May 21, 2020 11:30 AM CDT
What's It Like Having Elon's Old Number? She Can Tell You
25-year-old Lyndsay Tucker was reassigned Musk's former number by AT&T
- Anyone trying to give Elon Musk a call shouldn't be surprised if they end up speaking to a 25-year-old Sephora worker instead. Her name is Lyndsay Tucker, and she was by chance given a phone number by AT&T a few years ago that used to belong to none...
Coronavirus Hits Family of
'Wrong Number' Thanksgiving
Apr 10, 2020 1:00 AM CDT
Coronavirus Hits Family of 'Wrong Number' Thanksgiving
Lonnie Dench, husband of grandma who texted the wrong teen, dies of COVID-19
- A tragic chapter in the otherwise uplifting story of a grandma who texted the wrong teen about Thanksgiving dinner and ended up starting a sweet holiday tradition that has lasted years : Lonnie Dench, the husband of that grandma, has died of COVID-19. Jamal Hinton, who was 17 when Wanda Dench...
Case Is Out
Jan 23, 2020 10:40 AM CST
Woman in Texting Suicide Case Is Out
Michelle Carter released early for good behavior
- The woman convicted in Massachusetts' "suicide by text" case was released from jail Thursday. Michelle Carter, now 23, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter for, when she was 17, encouraging her 18-year-old boyfriend, Conrad Roy III, to go through with his planned suicide. She called and texted him as he...
FedEx: Those Texts, Emails
You're Getting Aren't From Us
Jan 23, 2020 9:17 AM CST
FedEx: Those Texts, Emails You're Getting Aren't From Us
Company warns it's not sending out package information with bad links to consumers
- That text or email you just got from FedEx about your package that starts "Hello mate"? Don't open it, or if you do by mistake, don't click on any of its links. That's because it's a scam, the delivery giant says, and one that'...
Did You Get a
Weird Text This
May Be Why
Nov 8, 2019 9:55 AM CST
Did You Get a Weird Text This Week? This May Be Why
Telecom glitch caused people to get 'ghost' texts from people who didn't send them
- If you recently received a strange text that doesn't make any sense from someone you know, you're not alone—and a Maine radio station appears to have helped solve the mystery. Per
, lots of head-scratching has been happening over the past couple of days, with people...
Saudi Women Will
Get Huge News by Text
Jan 6, 2019 5:45 PM CST
Saudi Women Will Get Huge News by Text
Divorce can no longer be secret in the Kingdom
- Big news for Saudi Arabian women: Starting Sunday, courts there will send them a text message if they get divorced, the BBC reports. The move is apparently designed to end so-called "secret divorces" in which Saudi men end marriages without wives knowing. The measure is "a step aimed...
to Asia Argento:
Sorry for My
Sep 28, 2018 8:24 AM CDT
Rose McGowan to Asia Argento: Sorry for My 'Serious' Mistake
Argento has (kind of) accepted McGowan's apology over text messages
- Ever since Asia Argento found herself in hot water , she and fellow #MeToo activist Rose McGowan have been embroiled in a bitter back-and-forth. Now, per the
, McGowan is apologizing to Argento, noting that an Aug. 27 statement she put out had a quite "serious" error. "I said...
Americans Are About to
Get a Text From Trump
Sep 16, 2018 8:18 AM CDT
Americans Are About to Get a Text From Trump
It's part of a FEMA test of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System
- On Thursday at 2:18pm Eastern, chances are that you'll get a text from President Trump. But rather than urging you to make America great again, his missive will read: "THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed." Its the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
U Penn President Steps Down After Outcry
Tomato Mysteriously Lost in Space Turns Up 8 Months Later
From Sleeper Hit to 'Generational Anthem'
6 Teens Guilty for Role in Teacher's Beheading
Evert Reveals 'Diagnosis I Never Wanted to Hear'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.