Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sep 21, 2023 2:40 PM CDT
Beverly Hills Targets Young Vandals Prepping for Halloween
City bans those under 21 from possessing shaving cream, Silly String on Oct. 31
- Beverly Hills has placed a ban on young people possessing everyday products abused by vandals in an effort to create a "safe, family-friendly environment" on Halloween. The city council voted 5-0 Tuesday to ban people under the age of 21 from possessing Silly String, shaving cream or gel, and...
Adults Cruelly Prank a Kid,
Who Gets the Last Laugh
in case you missed it
Jul 9, 2023 12:00 PM CDT
Adults Cruelly Prank a Kid, Who Gets the Last Laugh
Men send hearing-impaired boy on a bogus shopping spree
- It's a rough story with a happy ending. As the
recounts, three men pranked an 8-year-old boy who is partially deaf at a Target store in Connecticut. But when news of the prank spread, Good Samaritans stepped up to make things right. It all took place last...
This Guy Pranked Alex Jones,
and Jones Isn't Happy
in case you missed it
May 7, 2023 11:00 AM CDT
This Guy Pranked Alex Jones, and Jones Isn't Happy
Chris James says he pretended he was Tucker Carlson using AI, will air call on Monday
- If you love prank phone calls, you have something to look forward to on Monday. That's when Chris James, a self-proclaimed "little prankster" from Canada, says he'll be releasing the gag call he made to conspiracy theorist Alex Jones this week, a call that Jones has admitted...
YouTuber Shot While
Filming Prank Video
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Apr 8, 2023 4:25 PM CDT
YouTuber Shot While Filming Prank Video
Shooter 'didn't take it very well' says victim Tanner Cook
- A YouTube creator was filming a prank video inside a Virginia shopping mall Sunday when a man pulled out a gun and shot him, police say. Tanner Cook, 21, was critically injured as a bullet pierced his stomach and liver just before noon, prompting the mall to close for the...
Midshipmen Take Prank
Tradition to New Heights
Dec 7, 2022 10:35 AM CST
Midshipmen Take Prank Tradition to New Heights
Leaflet drops have been deployed ahead of the 123rd Army-Navy football game
- Airborne leaflet drops are a timeworn form of psychological warfare dating back to the World War I era. More recently, Ukrainian forces have spread leaflets via helicopter and artillery shells instructing Russian troops on how to surrender. Per CNN Business , several midshipmen from the US Naval Academy deployed the tactic...
Russian Pranksters Trick
Polish Leader. Again
Nov 22, 2022 11:31 AM CST
Russian Pranksters Trick Polish Leader. Again
This time, callers pose as French leader Macron
- Russian comedians pretending to be the French president tricked the Polish president, Andrzej Duda, into giving them sensitive information after a missile exploded in eastern Poland last week. Duda's office confirmed on Tuesday that he was put through last week to a person claiming to be France's president,...
Cyclist Charged After Teen
Girls' Prank Goes Awry
Sep 26, 2022 11:28 AM CDT
Cyclist Charged After Teen Girls' Prank Goes Awry
Mathieu van der Poel accused of physically assaulting girls who kept knocking on his door
- Top cyclist Mathieu van der Poel had been one of the favorites to win Sunday's world championship race in Wollongong, Australia. Instead of that, he ended up flying home to the Netherlands with a criminal conviction under his belt, reports the
. It seems that a group of kids...
Haircut Prank Frees Up
a Pair of Seats at US Open
Sep 7, 2022 6:20 PM CDT
Haircut Prank Frees Up a Pair of Seats at US Open
YouTuber disrupts Kyrgios-Khachanov quarterfinal
- It's not easy to look away from Nick Kyrgios during a close tennis match. The volatile Australian demonstrated why in his loss to Karen Khachanov on Tuesday night at the US Open. In addition to often playing terrifically, he yelled at his team in the stands, threw things, and...
His 'Deep Space' Image
Wasn't Quite What It Seemed
Aug 5, 2022 2:02 PM CDT
His 'Deep Space' Image Wasn't Quite What It Seemed
Physicist clarifies after posting joke image of chorizo
- A French physicist who received thousands of likes on a tweeted photo he claimed was from the James Webb Space Telescope has admitted the photo actually showed a very detailed slice of chorizo sausage. Etienne Klein, a director at France's Atomic Energy Commission, apologized after claiming the image of...
Speech at NRA Meeting
Appears to Confuse Its CEO
May 31, 2022 10:10 AM CDT
Speech at NRA Meeting Appears to Confuse Its CEO
Homage to Wayne LaPierre's 'thoughts and prayers' was the work of prankster Jason Selvig
- A man who appeared to defend National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre at the group's annual meeting this weekend, just days after a mass shooting at a Texas elementary school killed 21 people, was doing anything but. Jason Selvig, one half of comedy duo The Good Liars, took the...
Even Students Didn't Like
This Senior Prank: 'Not Cool'
May 20, 2022 9:26 AM CDT
Even Students Didn't Like This Senior Prank: 'Not Cool'
Texas high school shuts down for 2 days after harmless antics 'devolved rapidly'
- End-of-year tomfoolery at a Texas high school was supposed to involve nothing more than harmless sticky notes. But the high jinks got out of hand, leading to the school's closure for two days due to vandalism. According to the Frisco Independent School District, a "small group of students"...
Cops: Pie in the Face
Prank Is Criminal
Apr 15, 2022 10:42 AM CDT
Cops: Pie in the Face Prank Is Criminal
Greenville, SC, police search for suspect ID'd through his YouTube videos
- South Carolina police are looking for a suspect in a series of whipped cream assaults, who was identified from his own YouTube channel. Andre Eugene Moore-Gerald of Greenville, also identified through CCTV footage, is wanted on charges of third-degree assault and battery, according to Greenville police. Sgt. Johnathan Bragg says...
Kimmel, Fallon Pull Off
Ultimate April Fools' Joke
Apr 2, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
Kimmel, Fallon Pull Off Ultimate April Fools' Joke
The 2 Jimmys swapped coasts, and shows, on Friday night, to the surprise of their audiences
- For two years, Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel have been cooking up an April Fools' Day scheme, and on Friday night, the late-night hosts pulled it off, in an epic way. Per
The Hollywood Reporter
, the comedians swapped shows, with Fallon heading to Los Angeles, and Kimmel heading to New...
An 'Impractical Joker'
Is Leaving the Group
Jan 1, 2022 8:45 AM CST
An 'Impractical Joker' Is Leaving the Group
Joe Gatto says he's leaving prankster comedy troupe to focus on co-parenting after separation
- For 10 years, TruTV has sated the public's need for pranks with
, a show hosted by four friends from childhood—Sal Vulcano, James Murray, Brian Quinn, and Joe Gatto—who force each other to do humiliating and/or bizarre tasks in front of strangers for points. Now, one...
After 3 Years, Mystery of
Whale Postcards Is Solved
Nov 28, 2021 5:10 PM CST
After 3 Years, Mystery of Whale Postcards Is Solved
Attorney Matthew Strugar was the subject of a friendly prank for 3 years
- If anyone deserves to get a postcard from a whale, it's Matthew Strugar, a civil rights attorney who made headlines several years ago by suing SeaWorld on behalf of the animals. The case, while unsuccessful, served the larger purpose of raising awareness about conditions and cemented Strugar's role...
MyPillow Guy Thought He
Was Speaking to Trump, Wasn't
Apr 21, 2021 7:53 AM CDT
MyPillow Guy Thought He Was Speaking to Trump, Wasn't
Prank caller gets through to Mike Lindell during live telethon for his new social-media site
- Mike Lindell just can't catch a break. Not only is the MyPillow founder being sued for $1.3 billion by Dominion Voting Systems and struggling to launch his social media site—now he's being prank-called, too. The Hill reports that on Monday, Lindell was hosting a live telethon...
Up to 5K Turned Out for Hoax
Concert. It Did Not End Well
Apr 2, 2021 12:05 PM CDT
Up to 5K Turned Out for Hoax Concert. It Did Not End Well
Belgian police officer hospitalized after clashes in Brussels
- An April Fools' joke in Belgium did not go over well Thursday as police used tear gas and water cannons to disperse a crowd that had gathered to attend a concert, which turned out to be a hoax. An announcement posted to Facebook in March promised a slate of famous...
YouTubers' Prank Almost
Killed a Guy. Now, Guilty Pleas
Apr 1, 2021 10:15 AM CDT
YouTubers' Prank Almost Killed a Guy. Now, Guilty Pleas
Alan and Alex Stokes escape jail, get community service and probation
- Twin YouTube stars who were facing up to five years behind bars for a pair of bank robbery pranks have managed to avoid prison with guilty pleas. Against the objections of prosecutors, a California judge agreed to reduce the felony false imprisonment charge to a misdemeanor if Alan and Alex...
A Thanksgiving Prank
Nov 26, 2020 7:30 AM CST
A Thanksgiving Prank Rattled NASA in 1991
It involved a Turkish satellite
- He missed a key word in the phone call he answered at Mission Control in Houston in the early hours of Thanksgiving 1991. Lead Flight Director Milt Heflin picked up the phone and was given a warning by his flight dynamics officer: Air Force trackers who monitor orbital traffic had...
2 Passengers Booted Off
Plane After First-Class Prank
in case you missed it
Nov 7, 2020 5:00 PM CST
2 Passengers Booted Off Plane After First-Class Prank
Witness says woman squeezed under friend's seat before plane took off
- An incident on an American Airlines flight got at least two passengers kicked off the plane, all supposedly in an effort to get views on YouTube. A witness to the incident last week in the first-class section of a flight headed from Dallas to Miami posted about it in the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
David Brooks Posts a Burger Picture, Chaos Ensues
Gross Details Air in Boston College Hazing Case
'When I First Saw It, I Thought This Can't Be Real'
New Suit Says Police Abused Woman in 'Torture Warehouse'
He Picked Up a Bag of Soil, Was Killed by Swarm of Bees
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.