Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Fans Rage Against
After Bad Bunny
Dec 12, 2022 11:45 AM CST
Fans Rage Against Ticketmaster After Bad Bunny Concert Fiasco
Ticketholders with real tickets were turned away from Mexico City show due to influx of fake tickets
- Bad Bunny, the Puerto Rican rapper and singer known for such hits as "Moscow Mule" and "I Like It," performed in Mexico City on Friday and Saturday night, the final shows on his World's Hottest Tour across North America and Latin America, and he was filled...
Tennessee AG Isn't Shaking Off
Ticketmaster's Swift Debacle
Nov 17, 2022 6:31 AM CST
Tennessee AG Isn't Shaking Off Ticketmaster's Swift Debacle
Jonathan Skrmetti looking into consumer complaints on Ticketmaster sales for singer's tour
- The Ticketmaster fumble on Tuesday during sales for Taylor Swift's Eras Tour wasn't just an annoyance for fans—it was a bungle that's caught the attention of Tennessee's attorney general. At a Wednesday video news conference, AG Jonathan Skrmetti announced that, due to multiple consumer complaints...
Bus Shortage Forces Bands
to Cancel, Postpone Tours
Sep 28, 2022 3:09 PM CDT
Bus Shortage Forces Bands to Cancel, Postpone Tours
'Buses are raising their prices, and bands have to either pay it or lose the bus'
- Singer Santigold has canceled an upcoming North American tour, citing major problems in the concert industry—and she's far from the only artist experiencing problems getting back on the road. Demand for live music has surged back to pre-pandemic levels, but shortages of tour buses and soaring costs have...
Goes to Hospital
Sep 25, 2022 1:30 PM CDT
Post Malone Postpones Show, Goes to Hospital
Rapper reports health issues and postpones Boston performance
- Post Malone seemed to be OK after falling onstage during a concert Sept. 17 in St. Louis. After being checked out, he did five more songs, then posted the next day that "everything's good." But it wasn't when the rapper woke up Saturday afternoon, hours before...
on Third Song
Sep 4, 2022 2:10 PM CDT
The Weeknd Ends Concert on Third Song
Singer tells LA audience he lost his voice when he screamed
- Three songs into his Los Angeles concert on Saturday night, the Weeknd called it off. The singer walked offstage in the middle of "Can't Feel My Face," then came back out a moment later, after the lights went up, to say that he wanted to apologize personally...
Cops: 3 Hurt
Aug 27, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Cops: 3 Hurt Fleeing Wiz Khalifa Concert
Rapper's show near Indianapolis got cut short after shouts of a possible shooting, and people fled
- Rapper Wiz Khalifa cut short a concert in suburban Indianapolis as people began fleeing the outdoor venue, leaving three with minor injuries, following a disturbance, police said, per the AP . People started exiting the Ruoff Music Center in Noblesville about 10:30pm Friday after a reported disturbance on part of...
At Kenny Chesney Concert's
End, a 'Devastating' Death
Aug 3, 2022 2:16 PM CDT
At Kenny Chesney Concert's End, a 'Devastating' Death
A woman fell off an escalator at the end of a concert
- What appears to be an accidental death at a Kenny Chesney concert in Denver on Saturday has left the singer "devastated." The Denver Police Department said in a tweet that a woman fell from the escalator railing she had been sitting on at Empower Field at Mile High...
Falls on Dancers
at Boy Band Concert
Jul 29, 2022 4:27 AM CDT
Giant Screen Falls on Dancers at Boy Band Concert
One Hong Kong dancer suffered severe neck injuries
- Screams of excitement turned to screams of horror when a giant screen fell on dancers at a boy band concert in Hong Kong Thursday night. Two of the dancers were injured. Authorities say one man is in intensive care with neck injuries and is in serious condition and another is...
Benatar Won't Sing This Song
Anymore Due to Gun Violence
Jul 22, 2022 12:27 PM CDT
Benatar Won't Sing This Song Anymore Due to Gun Violence
'80s star refuses to keep 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' on concert tour lineup
- If Pat Benatar is against war, she's chosen (so far) to keep "Love Is a Battlefield" on her concert tour playlist. Not so for one of her other famous hits, whose lyrics have now become problematic for the '80s star in the wake of America's proliferation...
UK Cheers McCartney's
Concert for the Ages
Jun 26, 2022 2:10 PM CDT
UK Cheers McCartney's Concert for the Ages
Fans, reviewers praise historic Glastonbury performance
- Doubts were expressed when Paul McCartney was announced as the headliner for this year's Glastonbury Festival in southwest England. For one thing, the co-founder of the Beatles just turned 80 years old—four times the age of Billie Eilish, who also performed at the festival. The skeptics are singing...
Fans Step In
in case you missed it
May 28, 2022 5:00 PM CDT
Fans Step In After Singer Bails During Concert
But strange incident raises concern about Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes
- A strange incident unfolded over the weekend during a concert in Houston, one that has raised concerns about the well-being of lead singer Conor Oberst of the group Bright Eyes. As the
reports, Oberst abruptly walked off the stage after just two songs, leaving the audience—and other band...
Kyiv Bomb Shelter
Gets a Surprise
May 9, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Kyiv Bomb Shelter Gets a Surprise Concert
Bono, the Edge put on 40-minute show with Ukrainian band Antytila
- On Sunday morning, two stars from U2 made an unexpected announcement. "President @ZelenskyyUa invited us to perform in Kyiv as a show of solidarity with the Ukrainian people and so that's what we've come to do," tweeted Bono and the Edge, but they didn't play...
Crowd at Garth Brooks Concert
Was Earthquake-Level Intense
May 3, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Crowd at Garth Brooks Concert Was Earthquake-Level Intense
Louisiana seismograph actually registered a temblor during 'Callin' Baton Rouge'
- The thunder wasn't rolling, but the earth was shaking at a Garth Brooks concert over the weekend, at least according to a campus seismograph. The
Biloxi Sun Herald
reports that on Saturday evening, at Louisiana State University's Tiger Stadium, the din of the crowd was "deafening,"...
12 Concertgoers Are Shot,
One Fatally, in Dallas
Apr 3, 2022 4:15 PM CDT
12 Concertgoers Are Shot, One Fatally, in Dallas
Police say someone fired into the crowd
- One person was killed and 11 others were injured during a shooting at an outdoor concert in Dallas, police said. At about 12:15am on Sunday, officers responded to a field in southeast Dallas where a concert was being held, police said in a statement. Police say a preliminary investigation...
in case you missed it
Mar 27, 2022 4:25 PM CDT
China Isn't Happy With Keanu Reeves
Nation yanks bulk of actor's movies from streaming platforms after he did benefit concert for Tibet House
- Earlier this month, Keanu Reeves participated in an online benefit concert held by Tibet House, a nonprofit based in New York that's tied to the Dalai Lama. Now, the 57-year-old Canadian actor is seeing the repercussions, with the
Los Angeles Times
reporting that China's major streaming platforms yanked...
'Chaos' at Friday Night
Concert After Mass Shooting
Jan 15, 2022 10:00 AM CST
'Chaos' at Friday Night Concert After Mass Shooting
6 hospitalized, with one person in critical condition, after shooting at event hall in Eugene, Ore.
- Six people were shot during a concert at an event hall in Oregon on Friday night, and the suspected shooter wasn't yet in custody as of 8am local time Saturday, police said. Officers responded to the WOW Hall in Eugene after reports of a shooting around 9:30pm, police...
Nov 9, 2021 8:56 AM CST
The Astroworld Fallout Continues
Boy, 9, in medically induced coma; Travis Scott has 2 convictions for urging fans to rush stage
- A 9-year-old boy suffered brain trauma when he was trampled in the crowd surge during Travis Scott's set at the Astroworld Festival in Houston on Friday, civil rights lawyer Benjamin Crump said Monday. "This little boy had his whole life ahead of him—a life that is currently...
Are Getting Refunds
Nov 8, 2021 6:20 PM CST
Astroworld Survivors Are Getting Refunds
Scott, promoters could face dozens of lawsuits
- Travis Scott and Astroworld festival organizers say attendees are being offered mental health counseling after Friday night's tragedy—and their money back. Organizers Scoremore said in a tweet Monday that full refunds are being offered,
reports. Scoremore said it is "working on ways to support attendees,...
Travis Scott Took the Stage.
Then, a 'Mass Casualty Incident'
Nov 6, 2021 4:35 PM CDT
Travis Scott Took the Stage. Then, a 'Mass Casualty Incident'
Officials say 8 are dead after crowd surge at Astroworld music fest in Houston
This file has been updated to add information about the victims.
At least eight people died and numerous others were injured in what officials described as a surge of the crowd at the Astroworld music festival in Houston while rapper Travis Scott was performing. Officials declared a "mass...
As Phish Played, One
Man Fell, Then Another
Oct 19, 2021 7:43 AM CDT
As Phish Played, One Man Fell, Then Another
One person is dead, 2 seriously injured in separate falls at San Francisco concert
- A Phish concert in California took a grim turn over the weekend after two separate falls led to one death and two serious injuries. A spokesman for the San Francisco Police Department tells KPIX that cops received a call around 9pm of a person needing medical assistance at the Chase...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
US Population on Track for 'Historic' Swerve
Trump Weighs In on Tyre Nichols Beating
Priscilla Presley Fights Trust Document
They Make a Living Scamming Scammers
US General Tells Command to Prepare for War With China
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.