Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Pelosi Beating Suspect
Wishes He'd Hurt More
Jan 29, 2023 10:45 AM CST
Pelosi Beating Suspect Wishes He'd Hurt More
DePape calls reporter with statement on the assault
- Not only does he have no remorse over beating Paul Pelosi in the head with a hammer, fracturing his skull, David DePape said he had a list of political opponents and was "sorry I didn't get more of them." DePape made the comments in a phone call...
Police Release Bodycam
Video of Paul Pelosi Attack
Jan 27, 2023 12:34 PM CST
Police Release Bodycam Video of Paul Pelosi Attack
Shows moment police open door and confront assailant next to Pelosi
- Video released Friday shows the husband of Nancy Pelosi fighting for control of a hammer with his assailant during a brutal attack in the couple's San Francisco home last year. The body-camera footage shows suspect David DePape wrest the tool from 82-year-old Paul Pelosi and lunge toward him with...
Nancy Pelosi Details Husband's
Recovery in Emotional Interview
Jan 21, 2023 9:00 AM CST
Nancy Pelosi Details Husband's Recovery in Emotional Interview
'My dear husband, who's not even that political actually, paid the price,' she tells Chris Wallace
- Nancy Pelosi has made no secret that it's going to be "a long haul" for Paul Pelosi , as he recuperates after an October attack in the couple's San Francisco home. Now, the former House speaker is talking more on that recovery process, in an emotional interview on...
Paul Pelosi Attack
Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
Dec 28, 2022 2:58 PM CST
Paul Pelosi Attack Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
David DePape faces state charges including attempted murder
- The man who accused of breaking into House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s home and beating her 82-year-old husband in October pleaded not guilty Wednesday to six charges, including attempted murder, prosecutors in California said. The suspect, David DePape, had planned to kidnap the speaker—who was in Washington at the...
Court Hears New Details
on Paul Pelosi Attack
Dec 15, 2022 5:07 AM CST
Court Hears New Details on Paul Pelosi Attack
Police say David DePape's other targets included Tom Hanks
- The man charged with attacking Nancy Pelosi's husband with a hammer had other people on his hit list, including Tom Hanks, a court in San Francisco heard Wednesday. An officer who interviewed David DePape hours after the attack on Paul Pelosi said the suspect told him his other targets...
Daughter's Film on
Nancy Pelosi Shows
'It's Not an Act'
Dec 13, 2022 10:10 AM CST
Daughter's Film on Nancy Pelosi Shows 'It's Not an Act'
Alexandra Pelosi discusses new film and the attack that 'destroyed my faith in humanity'
- Alexandra Pelosi is a bit biased, but she believes her mother is a master at her game. Hence why she's made a documentary on Nancy Pelosi's three-decade career in politics, debuting Tuesday night on HBO.
Pelosi in the House
is technically "not authorized," the filmmaker and...
At Kennedy Center Honors,
an Ovation for Paul Pelosi
Dec 5, 2022 6:29 AM CST
At Kennedy Center Honors, an Ovation for Paul Pelosi
He attends honors for George Clooney, Gladys Knight, U2, Amy Grant, and Tania León
- A heartfelt Patti LaBelle praised her lifelong friend Gladys Knight. Sean Penn called U2 “four scrappy Dublin punks.” Ballet dancers performed for conductor and composer Tania León. Matt Damon playfully teased his friend George Clooney, and Sheryl Crow delivered a heartfelt rendition of “Baby Baby” to...
When Told to
Nov 10, 2022 6:57 AM CST
Pelosi Suspect When Told to Drop Hammer: 'Ummm Nope'
Charging document details what happened between Paul Pelosi, suspect in Oct. 28 break-in
- David DePape, the suspect in the attack last month on Paul Pelosi , was indicted Wednesday on charges of assault and attempted kidnapping. Politico notes these charges handed down by a federal grand jury supplant similar ones filed in an earlier complaint . The six-page document details how the San Francisco Police...
Youngkin Sends Nancy Pelosi
'Personal Note' of Apology
Nov 10, 2022 5:02 AM CST
Youngkin Sends Nancy Pelosi 'Personal Note' of Apology
Governor told rally that GOP voters were sending her to be with husband after attack
- Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin says he has sent House Speaker Nancy Pelosi a personal note to apologize for remarks he made about the Oct. 28 attack on her husband. "There’s no room for violence anywhere, but we’re going to send her back to be with him in...
'I Never Thought
It Would Be Paul,'
Nov 7, 2022 7:25 PM CST
'I Never Thought It Would Be Paul,' Pelosi Says
Speaker says attack will affect her decision on whether to retire
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Monday that the attack on her husband will influence her decision on whether to retire from office if Republicans win control of the House from Democrats in Tuesday's midterm elections. Pelosi made the comment in an interview with CNN scheduled to be shown Monday...
Pelosi Speaks on Husband's
Nov 5, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
Pelosi Speaks on Husband's Attack, Midterms
House speaker says Paul Pelosi is home after 'tragic' assault in their San Francisco home
- A week after her husband was brutally attacked in their San Francisco home, Nancy Pelosi emerged to make her first public comments. "It's with a grateful heart that I thank you for being here," Pelosi said in a video she posted to her Twitter and YouTube accounts...
Poll: 88% of Americans Are
Worried About Political Violence
Nov 4, 2022 5:40 PM CDT
Poll: 88% of Americans Are Worried About Political Violence
That includes 87% of Republicans, 95% of Democrats
- Some high-profile Republicans have made light of last week's attack on Paul Pelosi, but roughly 87% of Republicans overall say they are either somewhat concerned or very concerned about politically motivated violence in America, according to a new
/ ABC poll. The poll found that 88% of...
Alleged Pelosi Attacker
May Be Deported
Nov 4, 2022 2:25 PM CDT
Alleged Pelosi Attacker May Be Deported
Canadian David DePape was in US illegally after traveling legally here in 2008
- The man suspected of attacking Paul Pelosi , the 82-year-old husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, last Friday isn't in the United States legally, though he came here legally nearly 15 years ago. That's per Department of Homeland Security officials, who said Thursday that 42-year-old Canadian David DePape entered...
Paul Pelosi After Attack
Nov 3, 2022 5:30 PM CDT
Hospital Releases Paul Pelosi After Attack
House speaker's husband goes to San Francisco home to recover
- Paul Pelosi was released from a hospital Thursday and is recovering at his San Francisco home from a violent attack by an intruder last week. The husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi suffered a fractured skull in the attack, as well as injuries to his right arm and hands. He...
Attacker Said He
Nov 2, 2022 12:26 AM CDT
Alleged Pelosi Attacker Said He Had Other Targets: Cops
Meanwhile, sources say US Capitol Police caught break-in on surveillance feeds
- The moment David DePape allegedly used a hammer to break a glass panel and enter the San Francisco home of Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi was caught on surveillance video as part of the security the US Capitol Police installed around Pelosi's home—but no one was watching...
Pelosi Attack Suspect
Pleads Not Guilty
Nov 1, 2022 4:59 PM CDT
Pelosi Attack Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
David DePape is being held without bail
- A San Francisco judge on Tuesday ordered the man accused of breaking into House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s home, attacking her husband with a hammer, and seeking to kidnap her, to be held without bail. Adam Lipson, a lawyer for defendant David DePape, entered a not guilty plea on DePape'...
Feds Say Attacker Planned to
Break Nancy Pelosi's Kneecaps
Oct 31, 2022 4:37 PM CDT
Feds Say Attacker Planned to Break Nancy Pelosi's Kneecaps
David DePape wanted to interrogate speaker about 'lies,' prosecutors say
- The man accused of breaking into the San Francisco home of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her husband early Friday has been hit with federal charges including assault of an immediate family member of a US official with the intent to retaliate against the official on account of the performance...
Trump Breaks Silence
on Paul Pelosi Attack
Oct 31, 2022 1:01 PM CDT
Trump Breaks Silence on Paul Pelosi Attack
He calls it a 'terrible thing' as son shares memes mocking hammer attack
- Donald Trump Jr, who describes himself as a "Meme War General" in his Twitter bio, appears to be very amused by the hammer attack on Paul Pelosi . Trump Jr. has shared memes making light of the attack on Twitter and Instagram, including one of a "Paul Pelosi" Halloween...
Nancy Pelosi Speaks Out
on Her Husband's Assault
Oct 31, 2022 6:56 AM CDT
Nancy Pelosi Speaks Out on Her Husband's Assault
Meanwhile, sources say alleged attacker had zip ties with him
- The man accused of attacking Paul Pelosi had duct tape and a bag of zip ties with him, according to multiple sources who spoke to CNN . Sources also tell the network that suspect David DePape, 42, was the one who purchased the hammer with which Pelosi was assaulted . According to...
Musk Joins Roger Stone
in Doubting Attack on Pelosi
Oct 30, 2022 4:55 PM CDT
Musk Joins Roger Stone in Doubting Attack on Pelosi
Twitter's new owner linked to misinformation
- Elon Musk, who faces widespread doubts about his commitment to minimize hate speech and misinformation on Twitter, became one of the spreaders on Sunday, days after assuming ownership of the site. In a tweet, the billionaire sent followers to an article with baseless claims involving the violent attack on Paul...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Multiple People Now 'on the Radar' in JonBenet Case
Family in 'Unbearable Pain' After Mother Found in Gator's Jaws
'Nightmare' Exodus Begins Amid Fears of Ethnic Cleansing
Russell Brand's Troubles Get Worse
Fans Boo as Miami Dolphins Opt Not to Go for NFL Record
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.