Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Bad Timing on Brady's
'Last' TD Ball Won't Cost Buyer
Apr 15, 2022 8:18 AM CDT
Bad Timing on Brady's 'Last' TD Ball Won't Cost Buyer
It sold for more than $500K just hours before the star quarterback un-retired
The unfortunate soul who bought a football at auction billed as Tom Brady's "last" touchdown pass won't have to shell out more than $500,000 after all. Hours after the winning bid was placed, Brady announced he was un-retiring and would play again. Now, CBS Sports...
Tom Brady's Retirement
From NFL Is Already Over
Mar 13, 2022 7:02 PM CDT
Tom Brady's Retirement From NFL Is Already Over
He announces he will be back with Tampa Bay
- He announced his retirement, then hinted at a change of heart , and now that change of heart is official: Tom Brady will return to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as quarterback next season, reports NFL.com . Brady himself announced the move. "These past two months I’ve realized my place...
A Week Into
3 Cryptic Words
Feb 8, 2022 7:59 AM CST
A Week Into Retirement, Brady Has 3 Cryptic Words
'Never say never' in regard to a possible return
- Well, that didn't take long. About a week after he announced his retirement from football, Tom Brady seemed to crack the door open in regard to a possible return. "Never say never," he said on his "Let's Go" podcast while discussing his next moves. The...
New York Offers Brady
a Strenuous Outdoor Job
Feb 2, 2022 4:21 PM CST
New York Offers Brady a Strenuous Outdoor Job
City needs workers to shovel, tweet says
- New York City's Sanitation Department is in the middle of its busy season and needs workers to help clear snow. Somebody there evidently noticed that star quarterback Tom Brady is out of work after announcing his retirement from the NFL on Tuesday, the
New York Daily News
Tom Brady Ends Rumors,
Feb 1, 2022 9:04 AM CST
Tom Brady Ends Rumors, Announces Retirement
Star quarterback is leaving football after 22 years, 7 Super Bowl rings
Tom Brady is done, officially. The Tampa Bay quarterback put an end to days of speculation on Tuesday by announcing his retirement after 22 years. “This is difficult for me to write, but here it goes: I am not going to make that competitive commitment anymore,” Brady...
Tom Brady Throws a Wrench
Into Retirement Party Plans
Jan 29, 2022 3:10 PM CST
Tom Brady Throws a Wrench Into Retirement Party Plans
Buccaneers, quarterback's father say the star hasn't decided anything yet
: Maybe Tom Brady will play till he's 50 after all. After reports Saturday not just from news and sports outlets but from the NFL and Brady's company, TB12 Sports, that the 44-year-old quarterback had decided to retire, Brady contradicted everyone. His coach, Bruce Arians, told a
Brady Gets Unwanted
First Amid Talk
Jan 24, 2022 8:27 AM CST
Brady Gets Unwanted First Amid Talk of Retirement
Tampa Bay QB gets first-ever unsportsmanlike conduct penalty
- Let the Tom Brady speculation commence. The all-everything QB will not repeat as Super Bowl champion after his Tampa Bay Buccaneers lost to the Rams on Sunday. The question is, will the 44-year-old return at all next year? "I haven't put a lot of thought into it, so...
Antonio Brown: Tom Brady
'Can't Do S--- by Himself'
Jan 8, 2022 10:00 AM CST
Antonio Brown: Tom Brady 'Can't Do S--- by Himself'
Former Buccaneer throws some shade at his former quarterback
- Antonio Brown is still getting things off his chest after his dramatic departure from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the middle of a game. On the Full Send Podcast Friday, Brown made clear that his relationship with Tom Brady isn't as tight as previously believed—and that it's...
Shirtless, Loses Job
Jan 3, 2022 12:01 AM CST
Antonio Brown Leaves Game Shirtless, Loses Job
Wide receiver is no longer part of Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Antonio Brown was apparently frustrated and angry. So he walked away. From the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And possibly his NFL career. The mercurial wide receiver was kicked off the Buccaneers after a bizarre, shirtless exit from the field before Tom Brady coolly led the Bucs on a 93-yard drive in...
This Shade of Blue
Is Branded by Tom Brady
Dec 23, 2021 4:35 PM CST
This Shade of Blue Is Branded by Tom Brady
Quarterback partners with Pantone for 'Brady Blue'
- He's got seven Super Bowl rings and, now, his very own color. Tom Brady has partnered with Pantone to create "Brady Blue," reports
. See the new shade here . The venture by the Tampa Bay quarterback is linked to his new apparel brand, BRADY , which launches...
Brady Fan Returns
Oct 25, 2021 6:45 AM CDT
Brady Fan Returns Historic Ball, Forfeits Big Payday
Byron Kennedy returns 600th TD football to the team
- Tom Brady did something on Sunday no NFL quarterback has ever done—he threw the 600th touchdown pass of his career. (Watch it here .) And then things got a little weird. Receiver Mike Evans, apparently unaware he had just made a historic catch, handed the ball to a fan...
Has Now Beaten
Every NFL Team
Oct 4, 2021 12:14 AM CDT
Tom Brady Has Now Beaten Every NFL Team
Including his old one
- Tom Brady brought two decades of touchdown passes, victories, and championships to New England. He returned Sunday night and reminded his former team what they’re missing. Brady rallied the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to a 19-17 victory over the Patriots on a rainy Sunday night, with Ryan Succop hitting the...
After 20 Years,
Oct 2, 2021 1:55 PM CDT
After 20 Years, the Real Tom Brady Is Surfacing
'I feel like I'm just coming back to life,' he tells Jason Gay of the 'Wall Street Journal'
- Tom Brady is getting a lot of attention this week, given that he returns to New England to play the Patriots on Sunday for the first time since leaving for Tampa Bay. But one of the more interesting pieces is an interview he gives to Jason Gay of the
I Had COVID
Sep 6, 2021 7:11 AM CDT
Tom Brady: I Had COVID
Bucs QB says he contracted it after the team's Super Bowl boat parade
- Even the mighty Tom Brady got COVID. In an interview with the
Tampa Bay Times
, Brady said he contracted the virus earlier this year, shortly after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Super Bowl boat parade . (Brady was a little wobbly that day, though not because of COVID. He tweeted a video...
Tom Brady Makes
at White House
Jul 20, 2021 1:11 PM CDT
Tom Brady Makes Election Cracks at White House
'About 40% of people still don't think we won'
- President Biden hosted the Super Bowl champs at the White House Tuesday, and Tampa Bay quarterback Tom Brady cracked wise about the election:
"Not a lot of people think that we could have won," he said, per CBS Boston . "In fact, I think about 40% of people
Brady Covers Nike Logo
During Super Bowl Celebration
Feb 8, 2021 1:45 PM CST
Brady Covers Nike Logo During Super Bowl Celebration
Under Armour endorser pulls a 'reverse Michael Jordan'
- Tom Brady hoisted the Vince Lombardi trophy for a record seventh time Sunday—but he wasn't so swept away by the moment that he forgot about his sponsors. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback appeared to cover up a Nike logo on his undershirt after he noticed it while taking...
For Tom Brady, It's
Super Bowl Ring No. 7
super bowl LV
Feb 7, 2021 9:12 PM CST
For Tom Brady, It's Super Bowl Ring No. 7
Tampa Bay Buccaneers easily defeat the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl
- In the end, the much-awaited matchup wasn't much of a contest. Tom Brady won his record seventh Super Bowl Sunday as his Tampa Bay Buccaneers overpowered the Kansas City Chiefs, 31-9. The 43-year-old Brady threw for three touchdowns, including two to his old teammate on the New England Patriots,...
Before the Super Bowl,
a New Star Poet Speaks
super bowl LV
Feb 7, 2021 6:00 PM CST
Before the Super Bowl, a New Star Poet Speaks
Amanda Gorman recites a tribute to COVID heroes before kickoff
- Super Bowl LV had an unusual kickoff to the kickoff. Amanda Gorman, the 22-year-old poet who gained fame at President Biden's inauguration, recited a poem in the pregame festivities. This, as you may have guessed, is a first for the NFL, reports the
New York Times
. Called "Chorus...
Jan 31, 2021 8:51 AM CST
Mocks QAnon Congresswoman
Marjorie Taylor Greene got the Saturday Night Live treatment
- Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene got the
Saturday Night Live
treatment in the show's first cold open of 2021. The newly elected Georgia Republican, whose support of fringe conspiracies has placed her among the most controversial members of the new Congress, was played by Cecily Strong and saw her on...
Jan 28, 2021 5:55 PM CST
Brady Tells Patriots Fans: 'I Wouldn't Change Anything'
Next Sunday, star will make first Super Bowl appearance in another uniform
- Playing in a Super Bowl is old hat for Tom Brady, but New England Patriots fans might find his appearance next Sunday hard to watch. The star quarterback assured them Thursday that they're not forgotten, NESN reports. Calling his tenure with the Patriots "incredible," Brady said, "...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Law & Order Actress Drowns in NY River
Witness at Surprise Jan. 6 Hearing Is Revealed
46 Found Dead in 18-Wheeler in San Antonio
Cops: Subway Worker Killed Over Mayo Complaint
Courts Block Louisiana, Utah Trigger Laws
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.