Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Parents of Alleged School
Shooter See Request Denied
Apr 19, 2022 10:30 AM CDT
Parents of Alleged School Shooter See Request Denied
Judge refused to lower bonds for James and Jennifer Crumbley
A judge in Michigan has denied a request from the parents of an alleged school shooter to have their own bonds reduced from $500,000 each to $100,000 each, reports the AP . The upshot of the decision is that it appears James and Jennifer Crumbley will remain locked...
New Details on
Mar 2, 2022 8:11 AM CST
Judge Shares New Details on Ethan Crumbley
Revelations came in ruling denying his lawyers' request he be moved to juvenile facility
Ethan Crumbley will remain in adult jail for the duration of his murder case, and the ruling establishing that included previously undisclosed details about the alleged school shooter. In his Tuesday opinion, Oakland County Circuit Judge Kwame Rowe shared details gleaned from his review of Crumbley's texts and...
Ignored Warning Signs
Feb 9, 2022 8:26 AM CST
Witnesses: Crumbley Ignored Warning Signs
Jennifer Crumbley's boss says she texted, 'Don't judge me for what my son did' after Oxford shooting
- Jennifer Crumbley told her boss and co-worker that she felt like a failure as a parent hours before her son opened fire at Michigan's Oxford High School, killing four people with a gun his parents had bought him as a gift, according to court testimony. Andrew Smith, CEO of...
Prosecutors to Crumbleys:
Stop Blowing Kisses in Court
Feb 3, 2022 9:01 AM CST
Prosecutors to Crumbleys: Stop Blowing Kisses in Court
Parents of accused school shooter Ethan Crumbley are told to stop broadcasting romantic signals
- The parents of the teen accused of shooting up a Michigan high school in November, killing four students, may be trying to boost each other up during hearings by sending romantic signals across the courtroom and over Zoom, but they're now being hit with a warning to quit it....
Focused on Affairs, Horses
Instead of Depressed Son
Dec 24, 2021 8:40 AM CST
Prosecutors: Crumbleys Focused on Affairs, Horses Instead of Depressed Son
They're pushing back against move to have bail lowered to $100K
- As four devastated families in Michigan face a first Christmas without their children, prosecutors are pushing back hard against a request from the parents of alleged school shooter Ethan Crumbley to have their bail lowered. In court papers filed Thursday, prosecutors accused James and Jennifer Crumbley of ignoring red flags...
Parents of Oxford Suspect
Are Making a Big Ask
Dec 23, 2021 8:51 AM CST
Parents of Oxford Suspect Are Making a Big Ask
James, Jennifer Crumbley say they're 'devastated' about shooting, want bail lowered
- The parents of a teenager charged with killing four students at a Michigan high school didn't anticipate he would commit violence and are "devastated" like others in the community, a lawyer said Wednesday in requesting they be granted a lower bond. James and Jennifer Crumbley are charged with...
Crumbley Parents Make
Dec 14, 2021 9:08 PM CST
Crumbley Parents Make Court Appearance
Judge rejects request to transfer alleged school shooter to juvenile facility
- The parents of alleged school shooter Ethan Crumbley appeared in court Tuesday, where prosecutors and defense lawyers agreed that a key hearing should be postponed. Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald said a scheduled Dec. 22 hearing to determine whether James and Jennifer Crumbley will stand trial on involuntary manslaughter charges...
Mich. School Rejects AG's
Offer to Investigate Shooting
Dec 7, 2021 6:48 AM CST
Mich. School Rejects AG's Offer to Investigate Shooting
Dana Nessel suggests officials concerned about 'shielding themselves from civil liability'
- Officials at Oxford High School have rejected an offer by the Michigan attorney general to lead an independent review of the actions leading up to the Nov. 30 shooting. Suspected shooter Ethan Crumbley and his parents were called to the office that day after a teacher spotted a graphic drawing...
School Plans Outside Probe
of Its Actions Before Shooting
Dec 5, 2021 5:30 PM CST
School Plans Outside Probe of Its Actions Before Shooting
Oxford administrators let Ethan Crumbley return to class before rampage
: The superintendent of Oxford Community Schools said he's ordering an outside investigation of the high school's handling of the case of Ethan Crumbley, the student who was allowed to stay in class shortly before a mass shooting last week killed four students. Tim Throne made the announcement...
Parents of Oxford Suspect
Caught After Manhunt
Dec 4, 2021 5:30 AM CST
Parents of Oxford Suspect Caught After Manhunt
James and Jennifer Crumbley seemed 'distressed' when found in Detroit commercial building
- The parents of a teen accused of killing four students in a shooting at a Michigan high school were caught early Saturday, several hours after a prosecutor filed involuntary manslaughter charges against them, officials said. James and Jennifer Crumbley were captured in a commercial building in Detroit that housed artwork,...
Mom's Text to Suspected
Shooter: 'Ethan Don't Do It'
Dec 3, 2021 1:30 PM CST
Mom's Text to Suspected Shooter: 'Ethan Don't Do It'
New details after parents of Ethan Crumbley are charged in deadly school assault
- The parents of suspected school shooter Ethan Crumbley are now facing charges of involuntary manslaughter , and the prosecutor in Michigan's Oakland County provided new details Friday to justify the move. "The facts of this case are so egregious," said Karen McDonald after James and Jennifer Crumbley were...
Called to Office, but
'No Discipline Warranted'
Dec 3, 2021 1:33 AM CST
Shooting Suspect Called to Office, but 'No Discipline Warranted'
Superintendent speaks out after Oxford High School tragedy
- A teenager accused of killing four students at a Michigan high school was called to the office before the shooting but “no discipline was warranted,” the superintendent said Thursday in his first extended remarks since the tragedy. Tim Throne, leader of Oxford Community Schools, said Oxford High School...
Were Called to School
Hours Before Shooting
Dec 1, 2021 6:00 PM CST
Suspect's Parents Were Called to School Hours Before Shooting
Ethan Crumbley faces murder, terrorism charges
- Ethan Crumbley, the 15-year-old accused of killing four students and injuring four more at a Michigan high school Tuesday, has been charged as an adult with crimes including murder and terrorism—and transferred from a juvenile facility to the Oakland County Jail. At a hearing Wednesday, Oakland County Prosecutor Karen...
Popular on Newser
Conway Spills on George, Kushner, Trump in New Book
She Was the City's Only Doctor. Russians Put a Bag Over Her Head
Cyclist Accused of Killing Fellow Rider Is at Large
Russian Diplomat: I'm 'So Ashamed'
Destructive Jumping Worms Are Now in California
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.