Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Judge Kicks Out Defendant
in Parade Deaths on First Day
Oct 3, 2022 6:20 PM CDT
Judge Kicks Out Defendant in Parade Deaths on First Day
After interruptions, Darrell Brooks is warned he could lose his right to defend himself at trial
- The Wisconsin judge presiding over Darrell Brooks' homicide trial decided last week to let him represent himself, after cautioning that he'd find being his own attorney difficult against educated and experienced prosecutors. That could change, after the first day of the proceeding Monday didn't go well. Brooks, who...
'This Court Has
Warned Mr. Brooks
What He's Getting Into'
Sep 29, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
'This Court Has Warned Mr. Brooks What He's Getting Into'
Darrell Brooks is permitted to represent himself against a score of charges
- A judge decided Wednesday to allow a Wisconsin man accused of killing six people and injuring dozens more when he allegedly drove his SUV through a Christmas parade to represent himself at trial, finding that he suffers from a personality disorder and faces an uphill fight against an experienced prosecutorial...
Waukesha Parade Suspect
Is Changing His Plea
Jun 20, 2022 6:45 PM CDT
Waukesha Parade Suspect Is Changing His Plea
Lawyer says Darrell Brooks is mounting insanity defense
- A man accused of killing six people and injuring dozens more when he allegedly drove his SUV through a Christmas parade in suburban Milwaukee last year has decided to mount an insanity defense, his attorneys said Monday. Darrell Brooks Jr. faces more than 80 charges, including six homicide counts, in...
Suspect in Christmas Parade
Tragedy Talks to Fox News
Dec 2, 2021 3:01 AM CST
Suspect in Christmas Parade Tragedy Talks to Fox News
Darrell Brooks says he feels he's being 'demonized'
- The man suspected of driving through a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wis., last month, killing six people and injuring 62 others, says he's being "dehumanized." Darrell Brooks, charged with six counts of intentional first-degree homicide, on Wednesday gave an interview to Fox News from inside the Waukesha...
Sixth Waukesha Victim
Is an 8-Year-Old Boy
Nov 23, 2021 6:14 PM CST
Sixth Waukesha Victim Is an 8-Year-Old Boy
Suspect Darrell Brooks was charged with homicide in first court appearance
- The man accused of driving an SUV into a Christmas parade in Waukesha was charged with five counts of intentional homicide Tuesday—and the charges still to come will include a sixth count. Relatives say 8-year-old Jackson Sparks died from his injuries at Children's Hospital Wisconsin Tuesday, the AP...
Homeowner Apparently Made
Snack for Parade Suspect
Nov 23, 2021 11:39 AM CST
Homeowner Apparently Made Snack for Parade Suspect
Video reportedly shows Darrell Brooks knocking on door after crash, asking for help with Uber
- Doorbell video has emerged related to the Waukesha parade crash , and it appears to show suspected driver Darrell Brooks knocking on the door of a nearby home shortly after the tragedy and asking for help getting an Uber. Watch the video via NBC News . In it, a man identified as...
Popular on Newser
Ukrainian Diplomat Has 2-Word Response to Elon Musk Proposal
Auction House Said Vase Was Ordinary. Bidders Disagreed
It's Been a Wild 24 Hours for Herschel Walker
Fetterman's Latest Swing at Dr. Oz: He's a 'Puppy Killer'
Supreme Court Just Got What May Be Its Weirdest Brief of the Year
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.