Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Trump Goes After Another
Potential 2024 Rival
Nov 11, 2022 12:42 PM CST
Trump Goes After Another Potential 2024 Rival
This time, it's Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin
- First, Donald Trump went after Ron DeSantis . Now Trump is taking a swipe at another potential 2024 rival—Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin. The details:
"Young Kin (now that's an interesting take. Sounds Chinese, doesn't it?) in Virginia couldn't have won without me," Trump
Youngkin Sends Nancy Pelosi
'Personal Note' of Apology
Nov 10, 2022 5:02 AM CST
Youngkin Sends Nancy Pelosi 'Personal Note' of Apology
Governor told rally that GOP voters were sending her to be with husband after attack
- Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin says he has sent House Speaker Nancy Pelosi a personal note to apologize for remarks he made about the Oct. 28 attack on her husband. "There’s no room for violence anywhere, but we’re going to send her back to be with him in...
Sep 17, 2022 9:00 AM CDT
Youngkin Policy for Transgender Students Upends Northam's
Teachers can't be made to call students by name, pronouns of choice: draft of revamped guidelines
- A new draft for "model policies" within Virginia's public schools was released Friday, designed to replace those put in place in 2021 by former Gov. Ralph Northam for transgender and nonbinary students. Per WRIC , the new guidelines from the state's Department of Education under GOP Gov. Glenn...
Might Be the One
to Save America
Jul 5, 2022 5:22 PM CDT
Glenn Youngkin Might Be the One to Save America
Karen Tumulty says it's less about policy and more about nation's 'existential crisis'
- Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin should run for president, if only to "test the proposition that there are still enough sane Republicans out there” to steer the party away from "the worst aspects of Trumpism," according to
editor and columnist Karen Tumulty, whose opinions typically lean...
Flak After Gaffe
Feb 13, 2022 10:07 AM CST
Governor Takes Flak After Gaffe With Black Legislators
Virginia's Glenn Youngkin apologizes after mixing up two women
- Virginia's new Republican governor reached out across the aisle this week to praise veteran lawmaker Sen. L. Louise Lucas for her speech on Black History Month. One problem: It was a different Black legislator, Sen. Mamie E. Locke, who delivered the speech in question, reports the
Flak for Going
Feb 7, 2022 11:28 AM CST
Governor's Campaign Takes Flak for Going After Teen
Tweet by Virginia's 'Team Youngkin' called out 17-year-old critic by name and photo
- Virginia's new Republican governor is taking some heat because his campaign called out a teenage critic by name and photo. The tweet was not put up by Gov. Glenn Youngkin but by his "Team Youngkin" staff, and it has since been deleted, reports the
. The controversy...
Virginia's New Republican
Governor Making Waves
Jan 24, 2022 2:54 PM CST
Virginia's New Republican Governor Making Waves
He angers Democrats, pleases Republicans on masks, other issues
- When Democrats lost Virginia’s gubernatorial election , they anticipated Republican Glenn Youngkin would move quickly to put his stamp on the blue-leaning state. Youngkin is indeed making many waves during his first days in office, and Republicans are thrilled. Coverage:
Upon taking office this month, Youngkin lifted the state'
Pete Davidson Takes Questions
as Aaron Rodgers on
Nov 7, 2021 10:20 AM CST
Pete Davidson Takes Questions as Aaron Rodgers on
Show also introduces a new Donald Trump
- Pete Davidson, in character as Aaron Rodgers, filled in the public knowledge gap about the Packers quarterbacks' COVID-19 vaccination status on
Saturday Night Live
. Rodgers has been accused of misleading, at best, his team and fans about whether he's had the shots by saying only that he'd been...
Youngkin's 17-Year-Old Son
Twice Tried to Vote
Nov 5, 2021 5:07 PM CDT
Youngkin's 17-Year-Old Son Twice Tried to Vote
County officials say no election laws were broken
- Glenn Youngkin's fears about election integrity have been vindicated, at least in the case of one would-be voter. Someone in Virginia tried to cast a vote Tuesday who wasn't eligible—the candidate's son. Voters have to be at least 18 years old to vote in the state,...
What This Week's Results
Mean for Trump
Nov 5, 2021 9:28 AM CDT
What This Week's Results Mean for Trump
'Trump fever' has broken is one prediction, but that sentiment has been wrong before
- As the dust settles on Tuesday's voting, much of the analysis is focusing on former President Trump, but perhaps not in a way that he would like. One common theme is that GOP candidates—especially Governor-elect Glenn Youngkin in Virginia —fared well by keeping Trump at arm's...
Not My Fault
Nov 4, 2021 1:03 AM CDT
Biden: GOP Victories at Voting Booth Not My Fault
'People are upset and uncertain about a lot of things,' president says
- President Biden appeared to reject the idea that his administration or party is to blame for the surprising outcome of Virginia's gubernatorial race and other GOP victories during Tuesday's elections. Asked at the White House on Wednesday "how much responsibility" he takes for the "dismal" results...
7 Reactions to
Win in Virginia
Nov 3, 2021 5:22 AM CDT
7 Reactions to Youngkin's Stunning Win in Virginia
And what it could mean for Democrats, particularly next year
- Reactions started pouring in almost immediately after Republican Glenn Youngkin won Virginia's gubernatorial race Tuesday in a race that turned out much worse for Democrats than most people expected:
That's the word Andrew Prokop uses at Vox , saying this is just one such sign for the
Glenn Youngkin Wins
Tight Virginia Governor's Race
Nov 2, 2021 11:44 PM CDT
Glenn Youngkin Wins Tight Virginia Governor's Race
The AP has called the race
This file has been updated after the race was called.
Democrat Terry McAuliffe and Republican Glenn Youngkin were locked in a tight race for Virginia governor Tuesday night, the most closely watched contest in an off-year election that could prove a referendum on President Biden’s first year in...
Popular on Newser
China Responds to Balloon Hit, but Its Options Are Limited
Missing Missouri Children Found in Florida Supermarket
Hashtag 'Died Suddenly' Is Up 740% in 2 Months
Nazi Hunter Saw a Change in US
Women Are Suffering Unnecessarily From Menopause
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.