Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Things Are Not Going
Well for Dr. Oz
in case you missed it
Jul 31, 2022 4:25 PM CDT
Things Are Not Going Well for Dr. Oz
Pennsylvania Senate candidate trails Fetterman in the polls and in fundraising
- It's a question on the minds of political observers from both parties: "What the Hell Is Going on With Dr. Oz.'s Senate Campaign?" asks the headline in a post at
by Nia Prater. And it appears that not much good is going on at...
Oz Campaign Baffles GOP
Jul 8, 2022 5:55 PM CDT
Oz Campaign Baffles GOP
Pennsylvania Senate nominee has left the airwaves to John Fetterman
- John Fetterman hasn't been on the Pennsylvania campaign trail since mid-May, when he had a stroke and was hospitalized. Still, the Democratic nominee has managed to set the pace of the state's Senate campaign, Politico reports, by buying airtime—helped by the TV absence of his Republican opponent....
Fetterman Will Be Off
Campaign Trail for a Month
Jun 7, 2022 3:27 PM CDT
Fetterman Will Be Off Campaign Trail for a Month
Wife says Pennsylvania Senate candidate needs more rest after stroke
- Another acknowledgment that the health problems of Senate candidate John Fetterman in Pennsylvania are more serious than initially thought: His wife says he won't be back on the campaign trail until July—and even that might not be a sure thing. Asked if Fetterman, the state's lieutenant governor,...
'I Almost Died'
Jun 4, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Fetterman Concedes Heart Condition: 'I Almost Died'
Doctor: Pa. Dem Senate nominee, who has atrial fibrillation, cardiomyopathy, will be OK if vigilant
- If the recent status of John Fetterman's health has been a "mystery," a little bit more of that mystery has now been clarified. The Democratic nominee for US Senate out of Pennsylvania has been resting up since he suffered a stroke last month, but while his health...
Dr. Oz Will Face Off
Against John Fetterman in Pa.
Jun 4, 2022 6:00 AM CDT
Dr. Oz Will Face Off Against John Fetterman in Pa.
Dave McCormick concedes to celebrity doctor in GOP primary for US Senate seat
It's going to be Mehmet Oz vs. John Fetterman in November in the run for a US Senate seat out of Pennsylvania. The
reports GOP candidate Dave McCormick conceded Friday to the celebrity doctor, who's been endorsed by former President Donald Trump. After more than...
Fetterman Leaves Hospital,
Says He Won't Campaign Yet
May 22, 2022 5:50 PM CDT
Fetterman Leaves Hospital, Says He Won't Campaign Yet
Senate candidate says he'll take time to recover before hitting trail in Pennsylvania race
- Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman was released from a hospital on Sunday, after being treated for a stroke and undergoing surgery to implant a pacemaker. "I could not be happier to finally be heading home to be with my family," he said in a statement, Politico reports. His...
It's a Close One
May 18, 2022 9:04 AM CDT
It's a Close One Between Oz, McCormick in Pa. Primary
GOP contenders are neck and neck in state's primary, with Kathy Barnette now out of the race
- Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman has won his state's Democratic primary to run for a US Senate seat being vacated by Republican Pat Toomey, but the race to see which GOPer will face off against him is a nail-biter—and it could be a while before the victor is...
Gets Pacemaker as
He Awaits Results
May 17, 2022 7:20 PM CDT
Front-Runner Gets Pacemaker as He Awaits Results
John Fetterman, seeking Democratic Senate nomination in Pennsylvania, had a stroke days ago
- On the day Pennsylvania Democratic voters going to the polls to decide whether to nominate him for the US Senate, Lt. Gov. John Fetterman had an appointment elsewhere. The front-runner in the primary had a pacemaker with defibrillator installed, Politico reports, days after he suffered a stroke . Fetterman's campaign...
Primary Day Brings
More Tests for Trump
May 17, 2022 10:25 AM CDT
Primary Day Brings More Tests for Trump
Including the Senate race featuring Dr. Oz
- Tuesday is another primary day in America, and once again much attention is on races involving Donald Trump. Voters in Kentucky, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Idaho, and Oregon go to the polls, and the AP sees the day as the biggest test so far in the new election cycle of the...
Senate Candidate Has a Stroke
May 15, 2022 3:45 PM CDT
Senate Candidate Has a Stroke
John Fetterman says he's still in Pennsylvania Democratic primary on Tuesday
- Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, the leading Democrat in the state's high-profile Senate contest, has suffered a stroke but is on his way to a "full recovery," his campaign said on Sunday. Fetterman, 52, said in a statement that he wasn't feeling well Friday and went...
A Hot Senate Race Gets
a Bold New Contender
Feb 8, 2021 9:15 AM CST
A Hot Senate Race Gets a Bold New Contender
Pennsylvania's lieutenant governor John Fetterman is now officially running in competitive 2022 race
- He's 6 foot 8, sports tattoos on both forearms, boasts a master's from Harvard, and has been "portrayed as the face of the Rust Belt" since he served as the mayor of Braddock, Pa., per Politico . Now John Fetterman has a new announcement. "I'm running...
Popular on Newser
Agent on Rushdie: 'The News Is Not Good'
They Were Enjoying Happy Hour. Then, 'Pure Panic'
Sinema Received $1M Haul, Then Killed Tax Hike on Rich Investors
Tons of Dead Fish in River: 'Most Likely Dealing With a Crime'
FBI List Shows Top Secret Files Were Recovered at Mar-a-Lago
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.