Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Senate Is Providing
Captions for Fetterman
Feb 1, 2023 2:10 PM CST
Senate Is Providing Captions for Fetterman
Advocates praise action on assistive technology
- Democratic Sen. John Fetterman will take part in his first committee hearings today—and his workspaces will be the first to have the newest assistive technology to help with auditory processing issues.
reports that Fetterman, who had a stroke last May, will have a live caption display monitor at...
John Fetterman Wins
Pennsylvania Senate Race
Nov 9, 2022 1:04 AM CST
John Fetterman Wins Pennsylvania Senate Race
Media outlets are calling the race for Fetterman over Dr. Mehmet Oz
- Nobody expected one of election night's biggest races—Democrat John Fetterman vs. Republican Mehmet Oz for the Senate in Pennsylvania—to be called early, given how close the polls had been. The stakes are huge, of course, with control of the Senate potentially in the balance. About the only...
From Big Name
Nov 4, 2022 5:31 AM CDT
Fetterman Gets Endorsement From Big Name
Oprah Winfrey tells listeners to vote for him over Mehmet Oz
- TV icon Oprah Winfrey on Thursday endorsed Democrat John Fetterman in Pennsylvania's hotly contested Senate race and rejected Republican Dr. Mehmet Oz, whom she'd helped launch to stardom nearly two decades ago when she brought him on her popular daytime talk show as a regular guest. Until now,...
Dr. Oz Mocked After
Nov 2, 2022 1:27 AM CDT
Dr. Oz Mocked After 'Atlantic Coast' Comment
Pennsylvania is not on the Atlantic coast
- Dr. Mehmet Oz has long come under scrutiny over the question of whether he's actually a "carpetbagger" from New Jersey running for Senate in neighboring Pennsylvania, and his latest comment isn't helping much with that issue. Speaking with Sean Hannity on Fox News Monday, Oz said, "...
Oct 31, 2022 10:34 AM CDT
New Poll Assesses 4 Key Senate Races
Democrats lead in 3, including Pennsylvania, and are deadlocked in Nevada, per 'NYT' data
- The midterms are just eight days away, and new polls continue to roll out—including a major one from the
New York Times
and Siena College. It looks at four key Senate races and finds that Democrats hold slim leads in three, with the last one deadlocked.
Oct 28, 2022 1:34 AM CDT
Ronna McDaniel Mocks Fetterman, Biden Over Speaking Abilities
RNC chair made the same joke twice during interview
- Ronna McDaniel, chair of the Republican National Committee, did not have anything nice to say when it came to John Fetterman, President Biden, and their respective speaking abilities. During an interview with syndicated radio host Hugh Hewitt, the subject of Biden's plans to appear at a campaign event Friday...
Fetterman Had Some 'Awkward'
Moments in Debate With Oz
Oct 26, 2022 7:04 AM CDT
Fetterman Had Some 'Awkward' Moments in Debate With Oz
Though experts say that doesn't mean he's having any cognitive issues
- More than five months after experiencing a stroke, Pennsylvania Democrat John Fetterman struggled at times to explain his positions and often spoke haltingly throughout a highly anticipated debate Tuesday against Republican Dr. Mehmet Oz as they vie for a critical Senate seat, the AP reports. In the opening minutes of...
Is 'Recovering Well'
Oct 19, 2022 5:10 PM CDT
Doctor: Fetterman Is 'Recovering Well' From Stroke
He says candidate is fit for 'full duty in public office,' though he still has auditory processing issues
- While Dr. Oz might not agree, Dr. Chen says Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman is fit to "work full duty in public office." The Senate candidate, who had a stroke days before the Democratic primary in May, released a letter Wednesday from his doctor, Clifford Chen at the...
Polls Are Looking
Better for Dr. Oz
Oct 19, 2022 10:25 AM CDT
Polls Are Looking Better for Dr. Oz
Fetterman still has an edge, especially with favorability ratings
- According to Real Clear Politics' polling history of the Senate race in Pennsylvania, Republican Mehmet Oz hasn't led in any of the 18 major polls conducted since June, but the spread has narrowed considerably between him and Democratic opponent John Fetterman. Per Politico , a recent poll sponsored by the...
to Help With
Oct 13, 2022 6:25 PM CDT
Using Tech to Help With a Disability Isn't Cheating
Stigma may remain for issues that aren't visible, writer says, especially among politicians
- The nation generally tries to accommodate Americans with disabilities—just as the law says. Some measures, often involving technology, make it possible for people to do their job, or enter a building. But that principle was steamrolled during an NBC News interview last week with Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman,...
Oct 12, 2022 7:39 AM CDT
Negativity in Senate Races Is 'Overwhelming'
Nastiness on display in Nevada, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Wisconsin races
- Senate candidates in battleground states are facing an onslaught of ads attacking everything from their character to their preferred sports teams, showing negative campaign tactics have risen "to a new level" this year, the Hill reports. "You turn on the TV, it's overwhelming with the negativity,"...
in the Polls Has
Oct 10, 2022 3:33 AM CDT
Fetterman's Lead in the Polls Has Been Slashed
Things are looking up for Dr. Oz in Pennsylvania
- What was once a commanding lead over Dr. Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania's Senate race has been slashed: Polls show John Fetterman now leads Oz by about four percentage points. That means his lead has been cut almost in half in less than two months, the Hill reports. It notes...
Fetterman's Latest Swing
at Dr. Oz: He's a 'Puppy Killer'
Oct 4, 2022 1:09 PM CDT
Fetterman's Latest Swing at Dr. Oz: He's a 'Puppy Killer'
Tweet follows Jezebel article about dogs that died in studies tied to Oz
- Just when you thought the bad blood between Senate candidates John Fetterman and Dr. Mehmet Oz couldn't get any worse comes this: Fetterman's accusation that Oz is a "puppy killer." Fetterman's Monday tweet shares a Jezebel article that sums up the site's investigation into...
Fetterman Explains Tattoos
After Tucker Carlson's Rant
Sep 27, 2022 5:41 AM CDT
Fetterman Explains Tattoos After Tucker Carlson's Rant
The dates on his forearm are quite meaningful, Senate candidate writes
- Earlier this month, Tucker Carlson went on what John Fetterman calls a "nearly 20-minute long," "unhinged" rant about Fetterman's tattoos, among other things. In an essay on NBC News on Sunday, Fetterman responded. According to the Hill , one of Carlson's comments—while decrying Fetterman as...
Sep 13, 2022 9:34 AM CDT
Fetterman Must Resolve 'Unsettling' Health Concerns
'Washington Post' editorial says Democrat should debate more than once because of stroke
- Mehmet Oz, aka "Dr. Oz," has taken a lot of grief lately in his campaign for the Senate in Pennsylvania. But the editorial board of the
thinks the GOP candidate has a legitimate beef in demanding that Democratic rival John Fetterman agree to multiple debates. Fetterman...
Fetterman: 'Women Are
the Reason We Can Win'
Sep 12, 2022 1:51 PM CDT
Fetterman: 'Women Are the Reason We Can Win'
Senate candidate in Pennsylvania goes after Oz on abortion rights
- "The dream of Republicans here in Pennsylvania is to turn us into Texas," John Fetterman said at a raucous rally in a Philadelphia suburb Sunday, targeting Dr. Mehmet Oz, his rival in the state's Senate race, on abortion rights. "Women are the reason we can win....
Fetterman: OK, I'll Debate Dr. Oz
Sep 8, 2022 12:48 AM CDT
Fetterman: OK, I'll Debate Dr. Oz
Debate will likely take place in October
- After much prodding from Dr. Mehmet Oz, John Fetterman has committed to debate his rival in the race for a US Senate seat in Pennsylvania. "We’re absolutely going to debate Dr. Oz, and it was always our intent to do that. It has simply only ever been about...
Dr. Oz: Is Fetterman
'Too Sick' to Debate?
Sep 7, 2022 6:07 AM CDT
Dr. Oz: Is Fetterman 'Too Sick' to Debate?
Senate candidate making continued bid to get rival to debate in contentious Pennsylvania race
- Dr. Mehmet Oz is continuing to use John Fetterman's stroke against him as the two battle it out for a Senate seat. After Fetterman declined to debate Oz this week , Oz—who's been pushing for five debates—told reporters Tuesday, "John Fetterman is either healthy and he’...
No Punches in
First Rally Since
Sep 4, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Trump Pulls No Punches in First Rally Since FBI Raid
He calls President Biden an 'enemy of the state'
- On Saturday former President Trump appeared at a rally for the first time since FBI agents descended on Mar-a-Lago, and the
New York Times
reports he gave an "aggrieved and combative speech." He was in Wilkes-Barre Township, Pennsylvania, and spoke two days after President Biden called him out...
No, Fetterman Will
Not Debate Dr. Oz Now
Aug 31, 2022 6:44 AM CDT
No, Fetterman Will Not Debate Dr. Oz Now
He calls Oz's offer of concessions to his recent stroke a 'farce'
- Dr. Mehmet Oz has been pushing John Fetterman to debate him as the two battle it out for a Senate seat, but Fetterman has made it clear he's a no-go—at least for now. In its latest statement about a proposed debate next week, the Oz campaign listed a...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
New Jersey Lawmaker Murdered Near Her Home
Zoo Director Allegedly Cooked Zoo Animals for Party
House GOP Ousts Democrat Omar From Major Committee
Forecasters Warn of Generational Cold
Robert Kraft Has One Last Request of Tom Brady
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.