Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump's Clout Faces Big
Test in Georgia Races
May 24, 2022 9:35 AM CDT
Trump's Clout Faces Big Test in Georgia Races
It's another primary day
- It's another busy primary Tuesday. Georgia takes center stage as Gov. Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger try to fight back challengers endorsed by former President Trump, who's seeking revenge for his 2020 election defeat in the state. An assessment at FiveThirtyEight sees that and other...
Taylor Greene Is Victorious
May 8, 2022 6:01 AM CDT
'ACQUITTED': Taylor Greene Is Victorious
She issues defiant tweet after judge, Georgia official declare she can run for reelection
Marjorie Taylor Greene can run for Congress again. After a judge in Atlanta rejected a lawsuit on Friday that would have prevented it, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger signed off on the ruling hours later, reports NBC News . Opponents had filed suit, arguing that the conservative Greene should...
Shift on Riot
Apr 26, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
Greene's Texts to Meadows Show Quick Shift on Riot
As it began, she asked for Trump to calm rioters; soon, she put blame on antifa infiltrators
- Texts to and from Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows on the day of the Capitol riot and, more generally, in the aftermath of the 2020 election have been the subject of many stories of late. But CNN is now unveiling a mother lode—a total of 2,319 texts...
Marjorie Taylor Greene Fights
in Court for Right to Run Again
Apr 22, 2022 11:27 AM CDT
Marjorie Taylor Greene Fights in Court for Right to Run Again
Five constituents say her role in Capitol riot should disqualify her
- Conservative Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene fought for her right to run for re-election Friday during an unusual hearing in Atlanta. Per the AP :
Five constituents in the Georgia congresswoman’s district have said Greene helped facilitate the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, making her ineligible for
Democratic Challenger Is
Outraising MTG, Big Time
Apr 18, 2022 4:09 PM CDT
Democratic Challenger Is Outraising MTG, Big Time
Marcus Flowers had an impressive quarter, but he still doesn't stand a chance
- Marcus Flowers—Army vet and Democrat in northwest Georgia—has far outraised his potential opponent, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene. Flowers raked in $2.4 million in donations during the first quarter, more than double that of Greene, according to the Hill, which says Greene still has more in her war...
Marjorie Taylor Greene Reports
Jimmy Kimmel to Police
Apr 7, 2022 11:37 AM CDT
Marjorie Taylor Greene Reports Jimmy Kimmel to Police
Late-night host says Will Smith reference was a joke, not a threat
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene did not take kindly to Jimmy Kimmel's suggestion that Will Smith could deal with the "Klan mom." In a Wednesday tweet , the congresswoman said she had referred the late-night host to Capitol Police for "this threat of violence against me." Kimmel...
Lindsey Graham Urges
Russians to Kill Putin
Mar 4, 2022 10:28 AM CST
Lindsey Graham Urges Russians to Kill Putin
Lawmakers from both parties condemn Republican senator's remarks
- Sen. Lindsey Graham called for the assassination of Vladimir Putin Thursday night in a tweet so widely condemned that Reps. Ilhan Omar and Marjorie Taylor Greene were in agreement. "Is there a Brutus in Russia? Is there a more successful Colonel Stauffenberg in the Russian military? The only way...
Mar 1, 2022 7:28 AM CST
McCarthy, McConnell Slam Fellow GOPers Over America First Event
'Unacceptable,' McCarthy said of Gosar, Taylor Greene's appearances at white nationalist forum
- Marjorie Taylor Greene has already received a slap on the wrist from the chairwoman of the RNC for her appearance Friday at a white nationalist conference. Now, the Georgia congresswoman—and fellow GOPer Rep. Paul Gosar, of Arizona, who appeared virtually at the America First Political Action Conference—are on...
Greene Hears From McDaniel
About America First Speech
Feb 27, 2022 11:20 AM CST
Greene Hears From McDaniel About America First Speech
White nationalist group broke into chants of 'Putin,' whom Republican later denounced
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene received applause when she spoke Saturday to an organization of white nationalists in Florida—a group that also cheered Vladimir Putin. But others, including the head of the Republican National Committee, were less impressed with her appearance Friday night before the America First Political Action Conference,...
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Addresses 'Gazpacho' Incident
Feb 14, 2022 2:03 AM CST
Marjorie Taylor Greene Addresses 'Gazpacho' Incident
Congresswoman says it was a slip-up
Marjorie Taylor Greene on Friday addressed her "gazpacho" gaffe, tweeting , "Some of us slip up a word every now and then, but Joe Biden doesn’t even know the words coming out of his mouth practically all the time. The good news is that the people know...
Greene: 'Facebook Joined
Twitter in Censoring Me'
Jan 3, 2022 1:18 PM CST
Greene: 'Facebook Joined Twitter in Censoring Me'
She posts that she was barred from posting, commenting for 24 hours
Less than 24 hours after Twitter gave Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene a permanent boot, Facebook made a similar but much briefer move, blocking her from the site for 24 hours. Politico reports Greene took to the social media platform GETTR with the news, writing, "Facebook has joined Twitter...
Marjorie Taylor Greene's
Mask Fines Keep Ballooning
Dec 29, 2021 8:18 AM CST
Marjorie Taylor Greene's Mask Fines Keep Ballooning
The congresswoman's office says she has been fined more than 30 times
The mask-related fines keep piling up for two Georgia Republicans, with the
New York Times
checking in on the current tallies for Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Andrew Clyde. Greene's office says she has now incurred more than 30 fines for not wearing a mask on the House...
New Target of Greene's
Wrath: a Fellow Republican
Nov 30, 2021 10:45 AM CST
New Target of Greene's Wrath: a Fellow Republican
And GOP Rep. Nancy Mace fires back, first by correcting her colleague's grammar flub
- GOP Rep. Nancy Mace of South Carolina is making all kinds of headlines this week, some for getting caught up in a dispute between fellow lawmakers and some for TV appearances in which she was accused of being two-faced on COVID. The details:
On Sunday, Mace criticized fellow GOP
Greene Wants Congress'
Highest Honor for Rittenhouse
Nov 25, 2021 7:19 AM CST
Greene Wants Congress' Highest Honor for Rittenhouse
Teen who killed 2 men is 'a hero who defended his community,' she says
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene wants to see Kyle Rittenhouse join George Washington, Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King Jr., and the Dalai Lama in receiving the legislative branch's highest honor. The Republican congresswoman introduced a bill Tuesday to award the Congressional Gold Medal to Rittenhouse, who fatally shot two people...
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Hit With 3rd Mask Fine
Oct 26, 2021 1:47 PM CDT
Marjorie Taylor Greene Hit With 3rd Mask Fine
Georgia Republican says House mandate is unnecessary
- Marjorie Taylor Greene's opposition to masks has cost her $5,500 so far this year, reports the
. The tally reached that mark this week when the Georgia congresswoman was fined a third time for failing to wear a mask in the House chamber, per the Hill . Under...
Jan. 6 Protest Planners:
Oct 25, 2021 11:20 AM CDT
Jan. 6 Protest Planners: Lawmaker Floated 'Blanket Pardon'
'Rolling Stone' talks to pair of organizers about Rep. Paul Gosar, others
is out with an exclusive that features interviews with two unnamed organizers of the Jan. 6 protest in DC, both of whom are cooperating with the House panel investigating the violence of that day. Both men say they met or otherwise interacted with White House officials (particularly...
Twitter Escalates Penalty
for Latest Greene Tweet
Aug 10, 2021 9:35 AM CDT
Twitter Escalates Penalty for Latest Greene Tweet
Suspension for vaccine misinformation, this time for 7 days, comes 3 weeks after another
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene is getting ever closer to a permanent Twitter ban. The platform announced Tuesday that it had suspended the congresswoman for a week for a misleading tweet about COVID-19 vaccines sent hours earlier. Greene wrote that the FDA "should not approve the covid vaccines" because "...
Parkland Shooting Survivor:
My Dad Thinks It Was a Hoax
Jul 27, 2021 7:33 AM CDT
Parkland Shooting Survivor: My Dad Thinks It Was a Hoax
Teen tells Vice that QAnon conspiracy theories are ripping his family apart
- One of the last people you'd expect to believe the 2018 school shooting in Parkland, Fla., was a hoax is the parent of a child who experienced the trauma firsthand. But one 18-year-old survivor says the father who once refused to wear the same color shirt as the shooter...
3 House Republicans Lose
Their Mask-Fine Appeals
Jul 21, 2021 9:07 AM CDT
3 House Republicans Lose Their Mask-Fine Appeals
Trio consists of Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Thomas Massie, and Ralph Norman
- Three Republican House members have lost appeals challenging fines for not wearing face coverings on the House floor earlier this year. On Tuesday, the House Ethics Committee released statements noting that Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, Thomas Massie of Kentucky, and Ralph Norman of South Carolina had failed in...
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Tweet Gets Her Suspended
Jul 20, 2021 1:40 AM CDT
Marjorie Taylor Greene Tweet Gets Her Suspended
Congresswoman spread vaccine misinformation
- Marjorie Taylor Greene has gotten her second 12-hour Twitter suspension of the year after tweets spreading vaccine misinformation. Two of her tweets have been labeled "misleading" by the social media company recently, CNN reports. One of the tweets had to do with her belief that COVID-19 vaccines should not...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Law & Order Actress Drowns in NY River
Witness at Surprise Jan. 6 Hearing Is Revealed
Trump Reportedly Lunged for Steering Wheel on Jan. 6
46 Found Dead in 18-Wheeler in San Antonio
After Going Dark in 2020, 'Q' of QAnon Is Back
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.