Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Texas AG Must Testify
on Approach to Abortion
Oct 5, 2022 7:31 AM CDT
Texas AG Must Testify on Approach to Abortion
Judge finds Ken Paxton failed to disclose repeated requests from plaintiffs
- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton must testify about his enforcement of the state's near-total abortion ban whether or not he got that subpoena left in his driveway as he fled , a court has ruled. A week after the Republican fled his McKinney home to avoid being served, a federal...
Court Doc: Texas AG Fled
While Being Served Subpoena
Sep 27, 2022 9:04 AM CDT
Court Doc: Texas AG Fled While Being Served Subpoena
Process server Ernesto Martin Herrera says Ken Paxton avoided him for hour, then took off with wife
- Even though recipients of a subpoena typically aren't thrilled to be getting one, the delivery of it is still usually a fairly straightforward process. Not so much at the home of Ken Paxton this week, where a process server who had such paperwork says the Texas attorney general tried...
Texas Sues US
Over Abortion Rule
Jul 14, 2022 4:20 PM CDT
Texas Sues US Over Abortion Rule
Lawsuit would block requirement that doctors provide access in emergencies
- Three days after the federal government told doctors and hospitals they're still required to provide abortions when a patient's health is at risk—regardless of state laws or US Supreme Court rulings—Texas has sued the administration. Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra told health care providers...
Trump's Clout Faces Big
Test in Georgia Races
May 24, 2022 9:35 AM CDT
Trump's Clout Faces Big Test in Georgia Races
It's another primary day
- It's another busy primary Tuesday. Georgia takes center stage as Gov. Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger try to fight back challengers endorsed by former President Trump, who's seeking revenge for his 2020 election defeat in the state. An assessment at FiveThirtyEight sees that and other...
White House Slams 'Dangerous'
Move by Texas Governor
Feb 24, 2022 9:20 AM CST
White House Slams 'Dangerous' Move by Texas Governor
Greg Abbott wants gender-transitioning procedures investigated as child abuse
- Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday ordered Texas' child welfare agency to investigate reports of "gender-transitioning procedures" as child abuse, in a move LGBTQ advocates say will strip transgender children of their rights. Legislation to classify gender-affirming medical care as child abuse passed the state Senate but failed to pass...
Bid for Texas AG
Jun 3, 2021 12:06 AM CDT
Bush Launches Bid for Texas AG
He is challenging scandal-plagued Ken Paxton
- George P. Bush on Wednesday launched his next political move: a run for Texas attorney general in 2022 that puts the scion of a Republican dynasty against a GOP incumbent shadowed by securities fraud charges and an FBI investigation. Bush, who has served as Texas' land commissioner since 2015, is...
for Trump Ban
Mar 9, 2021 2:15 PM CST
Twitter Sues, Saying Texas Is Retaliating for Trump Ban
Attorney general launched investigation into tech companies
- Twitter has filed a lawsuit against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, claiming the Republican used his office to retaliate against it for banning the account of former President Trump following the riot at the US Capitol. Days after the deadly January insurrection, Paxton announced an investigation into Twitter and four...
Ted Cruz Not the Only One
Under Fire for Fleeing Texas
Feb 23, 2021 4:00 AM CST
Ted Cruz Not the Only One Under Fire for Fleeing Texas
AG Ken Paxton and wife state Sen. Angela Paxton went to Utah
- It wasn't just Ted Cruz who escaped his state during Texas' devastating freeze last week. Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, along with his wife state Sen. Angela Paxton, left on the same day as Cruz, just not for Cancun. Rather, they traveled to Utah on Wednesday, where the Republican...
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Baby Didn't Have Ticket for Flight. His Parents Left Him Behind
1 Killed, 2 Hurt in Rampage on DC Metro
CDC: Stop Using These Eye Drops
Video Shown at Trial Seems to Contradict Alex Murdaugh's Alibi
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.