Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
J. Alexander Kueng
Officer Who Knelt on Back
of George Floyd Sentenced
Dec 9, 2022 4:30 PM CST
Officer Who Knelt on Back of George Floyd Sentenced
Judge sends J. Alexander Kueng to prison for 3½ years
- The former Minneapolis police officer who knelt on George Floyd's back while another officer knelt on the Black man's neck was sentenced Friday by a judge to 3½ years in prison. J. Alexander Kueng pleaded guilty in October to a state count of aiding and abetting second-degree manslaughter....
Ex-Officer Pleads Guilty
in George Floyd Killing
Oct 24, 2022 12:20 PM CDT
Ex-Officer Pleads Guilty in George Floyd Killing
Former Minneapolis cop J. Alexander Kueng admits aiding and abetting charge
- A former Minneapolis police officer pleaded guilty Monday to aiding and abetting second-degree manslaughter in the killing of George Floyd, just as jury selection was about to begin, per the AP . Another former officer waived his right to a jury trial, setting up an unusual proceeding in which the judge...
Ex-Cops in George Floyd Case
Get Sentences Below Guidelines
Jul 27, 2022 2:01 PM CDT
Ex-Cops in George Floyd Case Get Sentences Below Guidelines
Federal judge told Tou Thao he had 'done well to become a good police officer'
- All four former Minneapolis police officers involved in the death of George Floyd have now received prison sentences. Former officer J. Alexander Keung received a federal sentence of 3 years on Wednesday; former colleague Tou Thao was sentenced to 3.5 years, the
reports. Keung held the Black...
Judge: Ex-Cops in Floyd Killing
Can't Get Fair Trial Right Now
Jun 6, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Judge: Ex-Cops in Floyd Killing Can't Get Fair Trial Right Now
Judge Peter Cahill delays trial of Tou Thao, J. Alexander Kueng until January
- The judge overseeing the remaining case of two former Minneapolis police officers charged in George Floyd's killing ordered Monday that the trial be delayed until January to improve prospects for a fair trial. Tou Thao and J. Alexander Kueng had been due to go on trial next Monday on...
Civil Rights Trial Opens for
3 Cops in George Floyd's Death
Jan 24, 2022 2:30 PM CST
Civil Rights Trial Opens for 3 Cops in George Floyd's Death
Prosecutors say they stood by as Chauvin killed Floyd 'right in front of them'
- Prosecutors in the trial of three former Minneapolis police officers charged with violating George Floyd’s civil rights accused the men Monday of standing by as fellow officer Derek Chauvin "slowly killed George Floyd right in front of them." But one defense attorney countered that Chauvin called "...
More Legal Trouble for Cops
in George Floyd Case
May 7, 2021 9:21 AM CDT
More Legal Trouble for Cops in George Floyd Case
Federal grand jury indicts Derek Chauvin, 3 others on civil rights charges
- A federal grand jury has indicted the four former Minneapolis police officers involved in George Floyd’s arrest and death, accusing them of violating the Black man’s constitutional rights as he was restrained face-down on the pavement and gasping for air, according to indictments unsealed Friday. The three-count indictment...
Trial of 3 Other Cops Is More
Important Than Chauvin's
May 3, 2021 1:51 PM CDT
Trial of 3 Other Cops Is More Important Than Chauvin's
Paul Butler of Washington Post says convictions would dent the 'blue wall of silence'
- Derek Chauvin has been found guilty of murdering George Floyd. In August comes the trial of three other former Minneapolis officers who were at the scene—Alexander Kueng, Thomas Lane, and Tou Thao, all of whom are charged with aiding and abetting . If their trial feels like a lesser event...
New George Floyd Video
Prompts an Investigation
Aug 4, 2020 11:04 AM CDT
New George Floyd Video Prompts an Investigation
'Daily Mail' publishes more of officers' body cam footage in fatal arrest
- Authorities in Minneapolis are trying to figure out how Britain's
got hold of more footage of George Floyd's fatal arrest. The outlet published roughly 10 minutes of video from ex-officer Thomas Lane's body camera and about 18 minutes from the bodycam of former officer J....
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
Leaning Tower Shuttered Last Month Now on 'High Alert'
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Doritos Has Solved the Issue of Crunching
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.