Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Breonna Taylor Bust
Lasts 2 Weeks
Dec 29, 2020 6:27 AM CST
Breonna Taylor Bust Lasts 2 Weeks
Artist Leo Carson says he'll rebuild in bronze after statue vandalized
- A bust of Breonna Taylor has been found smashed in Oakland, Calif., a mere two weeks after its installation. The artist who created the ceramic bust, placed over a plaque reading, "Say her name: Breonna Taylor," said it was "a racist attack on the Black Lives Matter...
Dec 17, 2020 6:10 PM CST
Breonna Taylor's Mother Reminds Biden
Tamika Palmer took out a full-page ad to address the president-elect
- Breonna Taylor's mother took out a full-page ad in the
to send President-elect Joe Biden a message. "We need your actions to show that you are different than those who pay lip service to our losses while doing nothing to show that our loved ones' lives...
More Problems for Cop
Indicted in Breonna Taylor Case
Nov 11, 2020 10:35 AM CST
More Problems for Cop Indicted in Breonna Taylor Case
10 women accuse Brett Hankison of sexual misconduct in lawsuit
- The lone police officer charged in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor now faces allegations of sexual assault and battery. A lawsuit filed Tuesday describes former Louisville Metro Police Department Detective Brett Hankison as a "sexual predator" who "used his police uniform and secondary nightclub employment as mechanisms...
Cop in Breonna Taylor
Shooting Sues Her Boyfriend
Oct 30, 2020 9:42 AM CDT
Cop in Breonna Taylor Shooting Sues Her Boyfriend
Officer shot during botched raid wants damages for 'emotional distress'
- On March 13, Louisville police officers killed Kenneth Walker's girlfriend. Now, one of them is taking him to court. Walker is being sued by Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly, who was shot in the thigh after police broke down Breonna Taylor's door, CBS News reports. Walker said police—who had...
Grand Jurors in
Breonna Taylor Case:
Here's Our Side
Oct 21, 2020 2:46 AM CDT
Grand Jurors in Breonna Taylor Case: Here's Our Side
Two of them speak out, say they 'didn't agree certain actions were justified'
- Grand jurors in the Breonna Taylor case are telling their side of the story. After a Kentucky judge ruled Tuesday that jurors could come forward to talk about the proceedings publicly, a lawyer representing two of the jurors, who are so far remaining anonymous, released a statement, ABC News reports....
Oct 7, 2020 2:02 AM CDT
Kentucky AG on Megan Thee Stallion Slam: 'Disgusting'
Daniel Cameron minces no words when it comes to rapper's 'SNL' performance
- Megan Thee Stallion performed on the season premiere of
Saturday Night Live
, and she did not hold back when it came to her thoughts on Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron: She played an audio clip of an activist saying Cameron, whose office is overseeing the Breonna Taylor case, is "...
What the Breonna Taylor
Grand Jury Recordings Reveal
Oct 3, 2020 6:30 AM CDT
What the Breonna Taylor Grand Jury Recordings Reveal
Witness testimony focused on a 'core disagreement': whether cops announced themselves
- A Kentucky court on Friday released about 20 hours of recordings from the Breonna Taylor grand jury proceedings, and now that audio is available to all. Daniel Cameron, the state's attorney general, says he hopes the public will be able to see, via the witness testimony in the recordings,...
Grand Jury Audio Is Out
Oct 2, 2020 12:04 PM CDT
Breonna Taylor Grand Jury Audio Is Out
But a few minutes have been redacted
- Courts don't usually release grand jury recordings—but the Breonna Taylor killing isn't your usual case. On a judge's say-so, a Kentucky court released about 20 hours of recordings Friday from the controversial grand-jury sessions, the
reports. The audio files, which don't include a...
Tomorrow Is Release Day for
Taylor Grand Jury Recordings
Oct 1, 2020 12:16 AM CDT
Tomorrow Is Release Day for Taylor Grand Jury Recordings
A delay of 2 days granted by judge
- A Kentucky judge has delayed until Friday the release of secret grand jury proceedings in Breonna Taylor’s killing by police, so that prosecutors can edit out witnesses’ names and personal information, the AP reports. Audio recordings of the proceedings were originally supposed to be made public Wednesday, but Attorney...
AG Wants Delay in Release
of Breonna Taylor Proceedings
Sep 30, 2020 11:04 AM CDT
AG Wants Delay in Release of Breonna Taylor Proceedings
Grand jury recordings were to come out today
- Kentucky's attorney general is seeking to delay the release of secret grand-jury proceedings in the Breonna Taylor case just as audio recordings were set to be released to the public. Attorney General Daniel Cameron's office filed a motion asking for a week's delay to enable the redaction...
Grand Juror in Breonna Taylor
Case Says Truth Must Come Out
Sep 29, 2020 1:18 AM CDT
Grand Juror in Breonna Taylor Case Says Truth Must Come Out
And the recording of the proceedings will be released to court Wednesday
- The recording of the grand jury proceedings in the Breonna Taylor case will be released to the court Wednesday, despite Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron's misgivings. The development comes on the heels of a grand juror filing a motion Monday demanding that the transcript be released. "The full...
Breonna Taylor Ballistics
Report Could Cast
Doubt on AG's Claim
Sep 28, 2020 2:40 AM CDT
Breonna Taylor Ballistics Report Could Cast Doubt on AG's Claim
Report did not confirm Breonna Taylor's boyfriend fired the shot that hit cop
- Kentucky's attorney general said last week that his office's investigation into the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor ruled out friendly fire as the cause of the bullet that struck Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly. AG Daniel Cameron's conclusion, which he stated explicitly last week per Vice , is that Taylor'...
Woman Charged With
Driving Into Protesters
Sep 27, 2020 9:55 AM CDT
Woman Charged With Driving Into Protesters
Two people are seriously injured as demonstrators clash
- A 40-year-old woman faces an attempted murder charge after witnesses said she drove a car into clashing protesters during a California demonstration Saturday. A man and a woman were seriously injured—the womans' legs were broken—and officials said they're expected to survive, ABC reports. Tatiana Turner of Long...
Cop in Breonna Taylor Case
Might File Suits of His Own
Sep 25, 2020 2:02 PM CDT
Cop in Breonna Taylor Case Might File Suits of His Own
Attorney says Jonathan Mattingly has been unfairly called a 'murderer'
- Two notable developments Friday in the Breonna Taylor case , including one about an officer involved in her fatal shooting. Meanwhile, Taylor's family held a news conference. Coverage:
Louisville Courier Journal
reports that officer Jonathan Mattingly, who was wounded in that night's shooting, might file civil lawsuits
Legal Experts Not Surprised
by Breonna Taylor Results
Sep 24, 2020 12:34 PM CDT
Legal Experts Not Surprised by Breonna Taylor Results
Kentucky's strong self-defense laws made homicide charges unlikely, they say
- Those hoping for murder charges against the police officers in the Breonna Taylor case took to the streets in cities across the US when no such charges were filed Wednesday. But the
Louisville Courier Journal
reports that many legal experts were not surprised. That's because of what the state...
Protests Aren't 'Mob Justice,'
They're 'Rage and Despair'
Sep 24, 2020 8:42 AM CDT
Protests Aren't 'Mob Justice,' They're 'Rage and Despair'
'NYT' column takes issue with term used by attorney general in Breonna Taylor case
- "We hoped that for once, justice would be on our side. This is yet another disappointing reminder that it's not." In a
New York Times
op-ed, Melanye Price is speaking of a Kentucky grand jury's decision Wednesday to indict just one police officer involved in the...
Kentucky Gov. to AG: Release
Breonna Taylor Evidence
Sep 24, 2020 1:26 AM CDT
Kentucky Gov. to AG: Release Breonna Taylor Evidence
Meanwhile, Trump heaps praise on AG
- President Trump's reaction to the indictment in the Breonna Taylor case announced Wednesday was to praise the Kentucky attorney general who announced the grand jury's controversial decision . "Really brilliant Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron is doing a fantastic job," he said when asked about the decision...
Sep 24, 2020 12:55 AM CDT
2 Louisville Cops Shot
Both are expected to survive, not clear if shootings were related to renewed protests
- Two Louisville police officers were shot Wednesday night amid renewed protests over the death of Breonna Taylor, though it's not clear whether the shootings were related to the demonstrations, WKYT reports. Their injuries are not life-threatening; one required surgery and the other was alert and stable as of the...
Lawyer Calls Taylor Decision
'Outrageous and Offensive'
Sep 23, 2020 6:25 PM CDT
Lawyer Calls Taylor Decision 'Outrageous and Offensive'
'It should have been wanton murder'
- Civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump was among many people outraged Wednesday after only one of the officers involved in the shooting of Breonna Taylor was indicted . Crump, who represents the Black woman's family, slammed the grand jury's decision and noted that the charges of wanton endangerment against former...
Riot Police Are Arresting
People in Louisville
Sep 23, 2020 4:45 PM CDT
Riot Police Are Arresting People in Louisville
Cops rush crowd, declare assembly unlawful
- People angered by the indictment of a sole police officer in the Breonna Taylor case are marching in downtown Louisville—where cops have formed a line and arrested a few protesters,
reports. The group had assembled early in Jefferson Square Park, the nerve center of protests for nearly...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.