Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Walgreens Cuts Deal
to Deliver Paxlovid to Homes
Dec 8, 2022 4:45 PM CST
Walgreens Cuts Deal to Deliver Paxlovid to Homes
Uber, DoorDash partner with chain, greatly expanding access for COVID-19 patients
- Walgreens announced Thursday that it has partnered with DoorDash and Uber to have Paxlovid, the oral antiviral therapy for COVID-19, delivered to homes. The company said that the new service will make the drug available to 92% of Americans, ABC News reports, and that its goal is to reach "...
Comes to DoorDash
Nov 30, 2022 2:25 PM CST
The Bloodletting Comes to DoorDash
More than 1K corporate employees were laid off Wednesday
- DoorDash shares are down more than 60% for the year but saw a bump on Wednesday after the company announced it was axing 1,250 corporate employees as a cost-cutting measure. CNBC reports it had 8,600 such employees at the end of last year; the AP reports the cuts...
Survey: Gig Drivers
in Denver Average
$5.49 an Hour
Nov 9, 2022 3:02 PM CST
Survey: Gig Drivers in Denver Average $5.49 an Hour
Pay comes in well under minimum wage, but companies contest the calculations
- The income of gig drivers in the Denver area is running well below minimum wage, a survey has found. Two advocacy groups, Colorado Jobs with Justice and Gig Workers Rising, queried hundreds of drivers for such platforms as Lyft, Uber, and DoorDash from last November through January, the
Toddler Leaves Good Tip After
Ordering 31 Cheeseburgers
May 20, 2022 9:49 AM CDT
Toddler Leaves Good Tip After Ordering 31 Cheeseburgers
Barrett Golden of Texas doesn't even like cheeseburgers
- Know this about 2-year-old Barrett Golden of Ricardo, Texas: The kid tips well. KRIS 6 reports that the toddler got hold of his mother's phone and inadvertently ordered 31 cheeseburgers from McDonald's via DoorDash. The burgers were about $61, but Barrett also managed to tack on a $16...
Gig Driver Who Missed Car
Rental Payments Mauled by K9
Jan 6, 2022 10:54 AM CST
Gig Driver Who Missed Car Rental Payments Mauled by K9
Ali Badr is suing city of San Ramon, Calif., for excessive force after being pulled over by cops
- A gig driver badly mauled by a police dog is suing a San Francisco area suburb, alleging use of excessive force and violation of civil rights when police stopped him in December 2020 after he'd missed car rental payments, reports the AP . Dashboard and body-camera videos obtained by the...
What Happens When Engineers
Are Told to Make Deliveries?
Dec 28, 2021 4:13 PM CST
What Happens When Engineers Are Told to Make Deliveries?
At least one six-figure employee had some salty language about DoorDash program
- Asking an engineer making a six-figure salary to do a basic job is not the craziest idea—plenty of companies expect senior and management-level employees to work entry-level positions. It’s not an old-fashioned idea, or one alien to tech, either. Zappos has its engineers and execs work customer service...
His Story Sums Up the Agony,
Ecstasy of the Gig Economy
Jun 27, 2021 10:10 AM CDT
His Story Sums Up the Agony, Ecstasy of the Gig Economy
Ecstasy in 2014, at least
- "To understand how a man could arrive at the point where he abandons his children to chase a phone, you might want to follow him on a journey." So writes Lauren Smiley in a lengthy piece for
about Jeffrey Fang, a "ride-hailing legend" who in 2014...
Side Hustle Costs Prosecutor
Mar 19, 2021 2:50 PM CDT
Side Hustle Costs Prosecutor
DoorDash work during business hours brings demotion, pay cut for Pennsylvania's Gregg Shore
- A side job is one thing, but a Pennsylvania prosecutor was making food deliveries for DoorDash when he was supposed to be working on cases. That decision has earned Gregg Shore a $22,000 pay cut and demotion, the
reports; he made about $130,000 as the No....
Food Delivery Apps?
'Let Them Burn'
Apr 13, 2020 12:45 PM CDT
Food Delivery Apps? 'Let Them Burn'
'Food & Wine' writer says Grubhub, DoorDash are hurting restaurants with excessive commissions
- Few restaurants remain open for people to frequent during the pandemic, though many eateries continue to offer takeout and delivery options. And tapping into delivery apps like Grubhub, Uber Eats, and DoorDash is an easy way to get meals brought right to your doorstep—though Khushbu Shah would be happier...
Popular on Newser
Here's What People Are Saying After Biden's State of the Union
Elian Gonzalez Is Making Headlines Again
Romney Had It Out With George Santos at SOTU
After Tyre Nichols' Beating, a Pic Began Making the Rounds
As Quake Toll Surges, More Questions About 1999 Tax
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.