Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Female PMs Asked If They're
Meeting Due to 'Similar Age'
Nov 30, 2022 6:25 PM CST
Female PMs Asked If They're Meeting Due to 'Similar Age'
Question to Finland, New Zealand leaders slammed as sexist
- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern deftly shot down a sexist line of questioning after a meeting in Auckland on Wednesday with Sanna Marin, her Finnish counterpart. A male reporter from radio station Newstalk ZB told Ardern "a lot of people will be wondering, 'Are you two meeting...
to Sanna Marin:
Aug 29, 2022 2:31 PM CDT
Hillary Clinton to Sanna Marin: 'Keep Dancing'
She shares image of herself dancing in Colombia years ago
- Hillary Clinton is defending Finnish Prime Minister Sanna Marin's right to party. The former secretary of state tagged Marin in a tweet Monday, saying, "As Ann Richards said, "Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." She...
Taken at Her Home
Aug 24, 2022 7:33 AM CDT
Sanna Marin Apologizes for Topless Photo Taken at Her Home
It features two women, neither of which are her
- Sanna Marin's bumpy week isn't ending. Following the hullabaloo around footage that emerged of the Finnish PM partying with friends came this: a photo on TikTok showing two women kissing inside the prime minister’s official summer residence while lifting up their shirts; a "Finland" sign obscured...
Fine, I Took
a Drug Test
Aug 23, 2022 8:52 AM CDT
Finnish Leader: Fine, I Took a Drug Test
Sanna Marin, receiving flak for party video, had no drugs in system, as she promised
She's clean, as expected. Finnish Prime Minister Sanna Marin tested negative for narcotics and other drugs after video emerged of her dancing and partying with friends, reports the
. The 36-year-old leader insisted all along she never took drugs, and she agreed to the test "for my...
Aug 22, 2022 7:34 AM CDT
Defiant Dancers Party for Sanna Marin
Clips emerge in solidarity with Finnish PM, criticized after video leaked showing her partying
- Sanna Marin's political rivals may be up in arms about her dance routines at parties, but women in Finland and beyond are now lending their support to the Finnish prime minister with pictures and videos of their own. After footage of the 36-year-old dancing at a private party over...
Finnish PM: 'I Resent' That
Videos of Me Partying Leaked
Aug 19, 2022 6:43 AM CDT
Finnish PM: 'I Resent' That Videos of Me Partying Leaked
Some have even called for Sanna Marin to be drug-tested after clips of her dancing emerged
- Sanna Marin is known to enjoy the nightlife , but her most recent foray into fun is drawing a good deal of criticism. Finland's 36-year-old prime minister has found herself "in hot water" over videos now circulating on social media that show her partying at a private get-together, "...
Finland PM Apologizes
for Nightclub Visit
Dec 8, 2021 12:55 PM CST
Finland PM Apologizes for Nightclub Visit
The issue was that Sanna Marin had just learned she had been exposed to COVID
- Another politician is issuing a mea culpa around COVID-related behavior. This one comes out of Finland, where Prime Minister Sanna Marin has apologized for going to a nightclub over the weekend after learning her foreign minister had tested positive. As far as slip-ups go, this one wasn't on...
Feb 3, 2020 7:15 PM CST
Finland Leader: To Achieve 'American Dream,' Go Nordic
Sanna Marin: 'I feel that the American Dream can be achieved best in the Nordic countries'
- Finland's leader thinks her nation and neighboring ones might be better at giving people a shot at the "American Dream" than America itself. “I feel that the American Dream can be achieved best in the Nordic countries, where every child no matter their background or the background...
Finland PM Gets
Dismissed as a
Dec 17, 2019 9:28 AM CST
Finland PM Gets Dismissed as a 'Sales Girl'
Estonia apologizes after interior minister's comment
- At 34, Sanna Marin is the world's youngest prime minister , and the Finnish leader started her term on the receiving end of a dig. Estonia's interior minister, Mart Helme, was appearing on a radio talk-show produced by his populist far-right party Ekre when he cast doubt upon her...
Popular on Newser
New Jersey Lawmaker Murdered Near Her Home
Zoo Director Allegedly Cooked Zoo Animals for Party
House GOP Ousts Democrat Omar From Major Committee
Robert Kraft Has One Last Request of Tom Brady
Forecasters Warn of Generational Cold
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.